Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Welp, I leave the thread for a week and I come back 23 pages behind.

Wowza! You guys move quick. I've peeked through and seen some lovely pictures and updates which I absolutely love seeing.

Fabulous updates all around.

I've ordered my new gaming rig (still need to order my monitor, keyboard, mouse, desk, and monitor arm). And I've decided to try my hand at YouTube once the new rig comes, so I've been looking into all things YouTube and trying to figure out what I can do on there. With YouTube comes a whole other host of equipment- recording and editing software, microphone, another monitor, another desk and a desk chair.

Why I've decided to delve into this, I don't know? :lol: I must be crazy in love with the Sims. I sure do have an expensive hobby! :lol::lol::lol:

@aricarai Pfft, Tell me about it my new gaming laptop was right on the edge of $3,000, luckily we are old and have that kind of money for something so unnecessary in my opinion but hey, I'm happy/grateful to have it. My husband has super expensive hobbies though, flight lessons are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Have a great time with all your new Stuff!! :)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Bekkasan They are best on community lots :smirk: .Community lots reset every day.Even if it had 30 piles of trash 5 broken toilets 2 showers spewing water they insta repair and lot auto cleans itself.

There are many tips for the gnomes but I cant give everything away. :rage: that is for those reviewers on youtube who knew everythi....never mind they are clueless.

Will say this Bekkasan always name your gnome after getting it click on it it will say give a name then will have a default if you are lazy or type in your own.RENAME YOUR GHOST GNOME.Remember what happens if you dont name your dragons in DV :#
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Interesting that Sims would argue with an irresistible Sim. Maybe that out of jealousy?

Also I never knew that Sims would sleep on a park bench if there wasn't enough beds for them either :no_mouth: I always learn something new!

@CravenLestat I will have a quick look when I get a chance and see what was left for me...

@lanlyn Nice dress :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited February 2017
    A bit more feedback... :)

@OriginalMara , Glad Claire still has her kid in your game, she has been take away so many times in my saves, Claire is notoriously a horrible mother. Good to see Connor bonding with his niece. :)
    **Sweet Anniversary pictures! In my experience the guy is always the one zonked out first after woo-hoo! ;)

@Mikezumi , You caught the wedding band... ;)
    **Emma usually ends up with CyclOn3 (or however it's spelled) in my saves if I leave her alone.
    **In Julia and Jared's case the rebound worked, Jared is faithful to a fault in my games, Connor never is...*gotta watch out for the quiet ones!!*
    **I can see Connor in Reed.
    **"check reflexes" cracks me up a little too much!
    **Poor Eda, gonna die before her dad even reaches elder...
    **It's funny how people view marriage, some see prison, some see happy life, depends on your personality and circumstances, sometimes the happy life turns into the prison...
    **Elis is a cute kiddo!
    **Bye Jeffery... :/ , he really does look miffed *at YOU* ;)
    **NO!!! Hob is getting OLD!! NO!!!!!!! :'( at least let Hob have at Jeffery before he drops dead...
    **Poor dye, flat on her tushy.
    **Jason cameo! <3
    **I'm going to *try* and figure out your naming theme.
    **If I had to do it over again we probably would have still gotten married but would have had kids right ways, we waited 6 years for Jake as I swore up and down I never wanted kids. We can start having major travel fun in a few years when Matthew graduates from HS. Zach will be our travel buddy!
    **I love Jensen's look at Amice and her boyfriend...the look of a father!
    **Arrrgghh!! My eyes!!!!! Wilky and Reed... :o
    **Jensen's a toughie!!
    **Matty's paintings are always awesome!
    **Ludo, all I can think of is Ludo from Labyrinth...looks like him too with the red hair!
    **Very nice to place a bed for Constance.

@lisasc360 , Seriously the sunburns are torture to look at, even if is just on a bunch of pixels, it looks so painful!
    **We should make a Super Wimps club! ;)

@CravenLestat , Would love your Subway! :)
    **6 pancakes!! working on your summer gut again, last year it was doughnuts! ;)
    **I had a few of those gnomes, never did anything with them, will place some now...(I'm not looking at your spoiler because I like surprises, even *one would guess* bad ones).

@Emo-usagi2187 , I love Dragon Valley, it's a very pretty world!

@Emily4331 , Will have to watch that video, do they just have a mouse or something? Guess they are not even playing from what Craven said.
    **I agree, Technology sure is a pain in the tukus at times! Hope you get all your issues straitened out.

@junceda , I totally agree with your assessment of Sims 4, This guy I made up and shipped over to one of the resturants has to wait around 3 hours before anyone came over to his table even though I clicked on the waiter...he never did get his food after he ordered, I shipped him home hungry after 6 hours!

54619f58-4abe-4ebf-b5ab-01e46f724780_zpsnxff399x.png

The one thing I loved about 4 was the abduction and alien pregnancy, my Sims 4 Connor ready to pop!

09-28-16_6-16-30nbspPM_zpscusthekt.png

@king_of_simcity7 , You are so sweet to mention everyone in your questions! I personally really appreciate it! :)

@Jjsimsxoxo , Paris is my favorite, she looks like a trouble maker! Leila is a sweet puppy!
    **4 kiddos!! yikes. ;)

@Karritz , I can see that staring at a computer all day then coming home to stare at a computer would be grating after awhile, downtime is necessary even though Sims is fun.
    **your kitty McFluff household sounds fun!
    **I almost bought a Madagascar hissing cockroach at one point so cockroach races would be great fun to watch IMO.
    **Better reset your goal for 5 years! ;)

@lanlyn , I read ahead and know your water situation improved, thank goodness!! I would LOVE to visit Alaska, been a big fan since I watched Northern Exposure (which ironically was taped in Washington state..). Juneau is on my bucket list...
    **Outhouse races! Sounds fun!!
    **Will Krisalyn be taking advantage of Rome? ;)
    **Ziri, Ah, a genie!! Can't live without them... <3
    **I always thought Dogs are smarter than most people. ;)
    **Ohhhh, Charlotte!!! I love that picture of her! I think about moving her in with a family now and again, but never do. I still miss my baby girl... :'(
    **Dodger is such a cutie pie, Which one is alpha male? I imaging it is different answer depending on if you ask Dodger or Rome... ;)
    **Holly's dress looks awesome!! That is one of my favorite patterns as it takes to every color, most don't. I love the color you chose it really does go good with her coloring.

@aricarai , Those are not moles they are Ladybug tattoos, I mark all my Sims, the lady bug is for Julia and any Julia clones, her mom has one because she is a aged up tweaked Julia. My really old Connor and Jared have a black plumbob, my newer Connor and Jared have a tattoo I also use for Jamie and Dylan so I know they were created (or tweaked as in Connor and Jared) at the same time. My Simself has a bunny tattoo, kuz I love bunnies. Tattoos are sometimes fun in my game but sometimes to keep track of certain Sims. :)
    **Jared's eyes were just eyeshadow, the one with a bit of shadow on the lower lid, colored a bit darker than his skin, I might do it a little lighter in the future but I like how it came out...no CC necessary.

@bekkasan , Connor was to into his own little world (Emma) and wasn't keeping track of Jared, though he did know Jared got married to Julia...for one day..(after the fact). Not sure he was too miffed as Jared was heartbroken and he does love his big brother..(or that's how I see it in my mind).
    **I agree, fingers toes and *other* appendages will go missing or have a very bad experience with super glue if it goes beyond looking. No harm in looking at a prime specimen of the other gender.. ;)
    **You wouldn't want to see what I come up with in game hopped up on pain meds...it would probably hurt your eyes! :o
    **No swelling yet, but still oozing a bit of blood, may try the ice pack to get that situated. Get to rinse with warm salty water today, and on the menu, applesauce, yogurt and scrambled eggs. :s

@TadOlson , Have you gotten the sand swimmers in other town or just IP? I had never seen them in any other towns..

@PalmArrow , Pretty sure my mom was thinking the same thing when I announced I was engaged!

:smiley:
  • Options
    AlexPazAlexPaz Posts: 143 Member
    Some university gameplay for yall! I find university quite boring in this game but ABSOLUTELY love these sims, especially the girl with short black hair. :)
    34spixh.jpg
    Arriving
    5323nk.jpg
    Blonde hair boy- Noah Raphael
    Blue haired girl- Bianca Byers
    Black haired adorable cinnamon roll girl- Emma Cole
    5323nk.jpg
    2jds2ag.jpg
    Rebels liking rebels
    i3ukw5.jpg
    11av1xj.jpg

Will have ALOT more up tommorow but have to go now because its storming. <3
    Ohh yea, you gotta get schwifty
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I wanted to mention as many people as possible :smile:

@AlexPaz Nice Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JjsimsxoxoJjsimsxoxo Posts: 69 Member
    @Charlottesmom Trust me,Paris is a trouble maker ;)
    636118906366881098823152769_april-parks-and-rec-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    The Pharaoh's Resort, owned by my Lucky Palms household, woke up to a four-star review in the morning. Almost there!
    Since Anitra is a quite good photographer (level 6 or 7), I had her take a few photos of the resort.
    2ec0z91.jpg

I displayed the photos on pieces of wall by the entrance, to make a sort of billboard.
    18lxc1.jpg

Anitra visited the Wishing Well and wished for wealth. She only got about 150 simoleons, but the fairies swarming around her before coins started pouring out of the sky were lovely!
    5zm7h0.jpg

There was another townie wedding at the resort. I always love seeing that!
    2wfmes5.jpg

Another townie spotting: when Jonathan went to audition at the karaoke bar, a child was presiding over the royal court while her parents were singing a duet.
    b6pxrs.jpg

And some resort staff spotting: it looks like the receptionist is annoying the blonde lady so much she wants to kill him.
    dvhk77.jpg

I decided to send Jerry and Anitra to Al Simhara again. Their resort is meant to be Al-Simhara-themed; Jerry can look for some treasure and Anitra can take photographs, and both can be used to decorate the resort!
    2dc92r7.jpg

Jerry got the adventure asking to disarm all the traps in the Rashid basement. I've never had that one before!
    t04ww5.jpg
  • Options
    TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    These are Great! Stories Guys :D
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Karritz , the solution for mermaid tails you posted might also help my genie who lost some of his genie powers when moving to a different town. I will try it the next time I open the game! The annoying thing is, Jerry lost his immunity to fire but retained his inability to get soaked, which is more of a drawback than a superpower for an adventuring sim - it makes crossing fire traps more difficult.
  • Options
    Very creative way to display photos @Palmarrow <3 My only complaint is you need to fire Ivana.She is still bitter that Roger got the front desk job and is trying to play it off sweeping dirt and dust at him.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    @CravenLestat Oooo that looks pretty. ;) Thank you for being so generous. ❤
    Those gnome ghosts look CREEPY!!! :o

@Emo-usagi2187 Bummer about Dragon Valley. :( I don't remember any issues when I downloaded it. Origin and the Store have been acting weird together lately I've noticed. Footloose is one of the best songs ever! :D
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Karritz and @CravenLestat Thank you for explaining. I really need to write down all these ideas I get from other players! I don't think I'll ever complete everything Sims 3 has to offer!

@lanlyn Amen to that. ;)
    Hey Holly! I gotta download that pattern from @Charlottesmom too! Loved it on Julia!

@Mikezumi Luco Viddo huh? That's not who I was expecting. ;) The freckles should make the kiddos look extra cute.

@AlexPaz The gif in your siggy looks like half of the moon from Zelda: Majora's Mask... Is it?

Wondering how long I should keep you all hanging before posting another Sam update. ;):p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Nice wedding pictures and good resort in Lucky Palms :smile:

@TragicClown Welcome to the forums and good user name :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Now I have some new pictures of Carla with the hair that @CravenLestat gifted me. I am also using the blue dress that was also a gift :smile:

16300275_1878552305760786_4421003281202182523_o.jpg?oh=cc0f168dbedc82a35884a3cce0ee6e59&oe=590124DD

16487201_1878552312427452_460114530425769093_o.jpg?oh=3c9c9f82293685ec545dd2f1807985e6&oe=590E3151

16463489_1878552402427443_790520578631093870_o.jpg?oh=689add15bef458cd29ee1f1f13bfd2d5&oe=590508DB

15676566_1878552422427441_1127871003150053190_o.jpg?oh=205d7b740ab0b18f7ce33a44572403fd&oe=58FF1C58

16463003_1878552399094110_5816066322974868902_o.jpg?oh=af5608a0766b4016f840e476aab41ee7&oe=58FEBEE9

16422692_1878552485760768_3678703906560358066_o.jpg?oh=b9f06c2b91e5b2a15b14a134cbc6306e&oe=5908CD02

16402587_1878552789094071_416542309104458565_o.jpg?oh=2245dbb900de09b24a1bdfdedce2f651&oe=594226DC

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JjsimsxoxoJjsimsxoxo Posts: 69 Member
    Another update, picture heavy..
    Daddy's boy
    Screenshot-145_zpsbizo4glm.jpg
    The kid's had a field trip and ran home in the rain :/
    Screenshot-149_zpsxixyszwn.jpg
    Paris started an argument with Luna.. @Charlottesmom you were right :D
    Screenshot-152_zpsnyjex39n.jpg
    Luna's face when doing homework.. I feel ya girl lol!
    Screenshot-150_zpskophnou5.jpg
    This creepy Freezer Bunny gnome showed up..
    Screenshot-151_zpsbxkxkiyu.jpg
    Daniel and Ethan. :)
    Screenshot-154_zps7fhb30md.jpg
    A birthday / costume party for the adults (it was Spooky Day :p )
    Screenshot-158_zpshjrm33ob.jpg
    Lamont, handsome as ever and the creepy guy in the back lol!
    Screenshot-168_zpsnslixxm3.jpg
    And Miss Tiffany..
    Screenshot-172_zpsqdtslb6h.jpg
    Happy Simming!

636118906366881098823152769_april-parks-and-rec-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @king_of_simcity7 Oh my :love: She looks delightful.Carla you naughty lil sim wearing such a short dress.My favorite pic is the one of her walking towards the ocean,gonna sound weird but reminds me of a late 60s-early 70s album cover <3

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Jjsimsxoxo Nice update :smile:

@CravenLestat Yes I know the type of album covers lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat I usually do name gnomes. I will remember if a sim gets another one to make a haunted commercial lot with it. :)

@Charlottesmom Love the super glue idea! >:)

@AlexPaz I like your uni sims. They look like an interesting bunch. Have fun! Hope the storm wasn't too bad.

@PalmArrow Congrats on the 4 star rating! I like the pics on the wall at the entrance of the resort. I've only seen one townie wedding take place when I had my wedding venue in one of the towns.

@TragicClown Love the name.

@emorrill sigh, am ready to find out what is going on in Sam's world. I may have to start making up stuff. Hmm...maybe Sam decides run off to this new place he heard about called Lost Cove. Its got some strange vibes and surely someone there needs some help. :o Ooops....forgot Lanlyn already has a doppelganger there of Sam and Emma. :* Ok...I'll try to wait patiently for your next episode. o:)

@King_of_simcity7 Like your sim in her new hair and dress.

@Jjsimsxoxo Great pics of your family and the costumes are fun. Really creepy but awesome pic with the dude in the Jason mask!! :# Daniel is totally adorable in the suit playing with Ethan. <3
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @PalmArrow Thank you :) It would be almost impossible at this stage to not meet a family member in town LOL I have totally lost count of Jensen's grandchildren and he even has great-grandchildren I believe ;)
    I could be mistaken but I remember before using mods that the game's freckles were passed on to one of my sim kids in my early days of playing. I think mods make the chance higher of inheriting them, but the ability was always there.

@lanlyn @Charlottesmom's pattern looks gorgeous on Holly's outfit! :D
    Thanks for the lovely comment :) I couldn't stand seeing poor Constance sleeping on a park bench! I don't particularly care for her but all sims under my care get looked after if I see something wrong. I will be thrilled if one of Ludo's kids gets red hair and freckles :D

@CravenLestat You know so much about the game! Those ghost gnomes are cute :)

@bekkasan You really need to get sims with different traits at all painting levels to see even a fraction of the paintings available. Evil and neurotic sims do some interesting paintings :)
    Thank you :D

@king_of_simcity7 It could very well be jealousy - I have no idea. It could also have been the sim's evil trait in this particular case, although I have had sims coming just to argue with him.
    She may have only been sleeping on the park bench because she was tired - sims can live in houses with insufficient beds when you are not playing them.

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the lovely comments :D There are so many I am not sure where to begin LOL
    I have also had Emma and Cycl0n3 end up together. It is true you need to watch the quiet ones but I would never have pegged Connor as a player - in my games he often ends up having no relationships until quite late unless I give him a nudge and when I do give him a nudge he tends to be faithful for life - sometimes the girl will cheat on him though ;)
    Jeffery cannot have Hob! Marlon and Hob are still as happy as the day they met :)
    I am sure you will have a great time traveling with hubby and Zach. Never too old! My mother's beau travels to Japan each year (will be leaving again in 2 weeks) and he is 88 :o:D
    Now I need to look up Ludo from Labyrinth - of course I will forget by the time I get home later this morning.
    Connor pregnant in TS4 cracked me up no end! Now that is one big belly! LOL

@AlexPaz Enjoyed your uni pics :D The sim you used as your avi is cute as a button!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Back with more coffee and more comments in a few minutes!
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Charlottesmom They have laptops. Either whoever edited the video completely failed at synchronizing the footage or they just aren't playing at all and just watching someone else play and making commentary like they are playing. There really is no earthly way of knowing. But I wouldn't put it past Buzzfeed to do a video where they aren't even really playing the games. But I guess I also wouldn't put bad editing past them. :lol:

Great updates, everyone!

@Jjsimsxoxo I wasn't aware Jason Voorhees was French! :lol: Also, I am impressed at your ability to have your family stand still long enough to take a family photo like that! Did you turn free will off?
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

@emorrill sigh, am ready to find out what is going on in Sam's world. I may have to start making up stuff. Hmm...maybe Sam decides run off to this new place he heard about called Lost Cove. Its got some strange vibes and surely someone there needs some help. :o Ooops....forgot Lanlyn already has a doppelganger there of Sam and Emma. :* Ok...I'll try to wait patiently for your next episode. o:)

@bekkasan aww thanks. ❤
    I won't let you down. (((Hugs)))

I've toyed with the idea of Sam leaping into another Sim world. ;) Not sure when to make that happen though. Might have him right some wrongs that have happened in the WA vacation world's first... :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I think if you do not play a household Sims will just 'hang out' by the front door unless they leave to go to school or work or to a community lot. When I have changed the household before I might find a few Sims standing around inside especially if it is the evening
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I've been resting up the past couple of days (and until I had to get up early for a Dr.s appointment was actually feeling more energized). I've read, liked/awesomed everyone's posts but, I think I will confine most of my comments to the last two pages today.

Thank you to @emorrill, @Mikezumi, @lanlyn, @bekkasan, @Charlottesmom and anyone I may have missed for the well wishes. It made me feel loved. <3

@Charlottesmom Glad your dental procedure went well. I hope the Dr. gave you the good stuff to take at home.

@lanlyn From the pic you posted of the repairman working it looks like you have a beautiful view where you live. Glad that he was able to fix everything and you weren't without water for too long.
    Ziri Benhelloun is pretty hot.
    It's sweet that Rome and Dodger are getting along so well together.
    emorrill wrote: »
    I'm married and I drool (literally today!) over tons of nice looking dudes, married doesn't mean dead... ;) The rule is looking is okay, touching is NOT! <3

A to the MEN! @Charlottesmom ! :)

I have to agree with both of you.

@OriginalMara Great update Copper is a beautiful horse.
    I have never had a sim glitch in the bed like that before.

@Mikezumi Wow how long had it been since Wilky saw his man??? They were like rabbits. LOL
    LOL at making Wilky train so he would stay out of Reed's hair.
    Congrats to Jensen for winning the fight.

Page 1131
    @Lanlyn Cannot blame him so do I.Had 6 pancakes the other day my gut was about to asplode.And he deserves treats all the work he is doing around the house keeping you safe and guarding the fairy while it fixes the dishwasher.I like using the fairy to cheat at the claw machine go do it is so cute and devious they fly inside and steal prizes.
    On one of the public lots I built I placed the claw machine and My fairy Gerold cheated the machine all on his own (no prompting from me.) He got a freezer bunny.
    31619798883_09df78b580.jpg

When he got home I placed it on the floor and before I could name it silly Bonehilda picked it up and placed it in her inventory. When I learned that to freezerbunny was now lost I discovered that 1) you can age up Bonehilda and 2) she can die of old age.
    So I sent Gerold back and after several attempts he got a Gnome of the Darned.

@Mikezumi Very cute picture Matty painted.
    Not a fan of long hair on guys but Ludo is cute. I hope you get those ginger kids from him. IMO the world can ALWAYS use a few more gingers.
    I love the Watch the stars interaction. I need to have my sims use it more often.
    Awww poor Constance. such a good Sim God giving Constance her own bed.

@lanlyn Love what you did with the dress and @Charlottesmom's pattern.

Page 1132

@CravenLestat After seeing your pics I'm glad I only have one of the Ghost gnomes right now. I might add a few of them to my Boddy Mansion.

@AlexPaz Great Uni Pics

@PalmArrow Love what you did with Anitra's photos.
    I've gotten theadventure asking to disarm all the traps in the Rashid basement quite a few time. Always thought it was one of the easier ones. I find it funny when one of the members of the house comes down and starts cleaning up the puddles and dirt before my sim's finished clearing the traps. (Kind of wish they would sent one off so I could tell them "It serves them right for not waiting" I know that's kind of mean.)

@king_of_simcity7 Nice pics of Carla.

@Jjsimsxoxo Great pics and update.

@emorrill I will be waiting as long as it takes for the next Sam update.... But I am very interested to see what happens next.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @PalmArrow Congrats on the 4 star review :)
    The billboard looks great!
    Great update :)

@emorrill I am getting to the bottom of the heap with uni sims LOL Ludo looks good as female and is therefore a candidate :)

@king_of_simcity7 Carla looks lovely in the new hair :)

@Jjsimsxoxo Lovely age ups :D

_______________________________________________________________________________

I think I got everyone! I have to go out for a few hours so Happy Simming :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top