Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?

That's fine. Like what you like, others will like what they like. Everything is chill. One person's favorite, may not be the same and that's fine too
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Thank you EA!!!! I am so far excited way more than anything else and I loved all of those! Island Living looks absolutely amazing, and WITCHES!!!! I am even excited to try the new career! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    Perfect time for my Sim to move out after getting overwhelmed with all the fame at Del Sol Valley.

Question: Can I bundle it with a GP and SP when it goes live? Or, does pre-ordering come with additional perks?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Are there any Pre-Order Perks?

I've checked and it is on Origin to pre-order - and no Perks unfortunately. That means I won't pre-order as they always take your money much earlier than you get the download I have found.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I went ahead and pre-ordered anyway. I just couldn't wait, perk or not lol.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The blurb on Origin mentions subsistence living if you want to, so we seem to be getting that little by little as the packs come out! I wanted that when we had SimGuruGraham's polls resulting in Laundry!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    This is one of my favorite types of packs, and I love mermaids, so I’m super-super excited! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    The presentation was great, and the pack looks fun! Some surprises, too, like the volcano. The sea life seems very refreshing. Can't wait to find out more!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I almost want to cry (like when toddlers were announced). I still can’t believe it. There were some simmers who tried to dismiss the fans of mermaids and tropical/beach stuff, and here we are. With mermaids and island beach stuff.

My goodness, I am... just... so... HAPPY. :sunglasses:

(And then we got magic as the major theme for the game pack after the stuff pack! Oh, my heart! :heart: )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    No mention of lot sizes, or how small the 'world' is... No map view (showing lot details, or how many areas). I was (initially) thinking Island theme would be good (unless they added disasters, or sharks, or old tropes), but I am not really seeing anything for gameplay- except live on a small island and go around cleaning?? Ah well, seems a couple people are happy.. so that's good.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    A tropical island pack is probably the last thing I want right now so I'm hanging back to see how it works and what it offers...and the effect (if any) it has on the other worlds.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This trailer is literally about an environmental friendly mermaid who cleans the island. Ariel should have cleaned the beach instead of getting a man. What a shame.
    Or...get a man while cleaning the beach. :D

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    No mention of lot sizes, or how small the 'world' is... No map view (showing lot details, or how many areas). I was (initially) thinking Island theme would be good (unless they added disasters, or sharks, or old tropes), but I am not really seeing anything for gameplay- except live on a small island and go around cleaning?? Ah well, seems a couple people are happy.. so that's good.

I'm curious about what will be usable on other lots (like the inflatables on pools?).
    I'm planning on just using the pack as a week end gateaway. I kinda wish Sims could own two houses.
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm curious about what will be usable on other lots (like the inflatables on pools?).
    I'm planning on just using the pack as a week end gateaway. I kinda wish Sims could own two houses.

I was hoping for sims being able to own more than one house as well. And, yeah... hoping sunburns and other things won't interfere with my other 'worlds'- but hoping we can use inflatables (and swim in other bodies of water in other 'worlds').
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope there's more items for pools as well!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    mmm i saw a new tattoo, gonna be a long two weeks though. judging from past ea doesnt always show all, they like us to find out some things on our on. which i find kinda cool. im curious if sims can go to the other worlds as well.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I wonder if the seasons will still work on the island
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

What about avoiding random lava balls of fire from the sky?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I wonder if the seasons will still work on the island

If it's tropical there's a strong likelihood of rain, and during certain times of year there would be more of it than others.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    ok, i know the game comes out on the 21, but no one said what time. What do you think the time will be?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ok, i know the game comes out on the 21, but no one said what time. What do you think the time will be?

Don't all EP's release at midnight per location?
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?

Well, I can appreciate the effort but yeah, I don't think it will be my favorite as It seems somewhat boring and I'm not a big fan of mermaids, either. They were in my Freeplay game but I never cared about them. Unless, I missed it, I didn't see any scuba diving activities or hotel, exciting night club and dining build stuff in the video.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I wasn’t expecting much from this but the volcano and building houses over the water ❤️ I’m so much more excited than I expected
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    A tropical island pack is probably the last thing I want right now so I'm hanging back to see how it works and what it offers...and the effect (if any) it has on the other worlds.

Pre-ordered it anyway - I'm so starved for content, I'll buy anything that doesn't have something I'll hate. And I do like the new conservationist career, and the part-time jobs that are apparently for adults. I've been wanting part-time jobs for my adults for a while.
    I just want things to match. :'(