Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Arialisims wrote: »
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

All the free stuff that we get in patches has been realistic, and people don't have to pay for it. Recently we've gotten freelance careers and Lunar New Year.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

It's a Balance. Some of us had to wait through Parenthood, Toddler stuff, Laundry Day, Kids room. Etc.
  • ChiefRage8ChiefRage8 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm a huge Sims fan and just downloaded everything for Sims 4 pc. I'm quite excited for this release, I can't wait to interact with the dolphins! Feels like just yesterday I was waiting for Strangerville.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Supernatural players had to wait a long while since Vampires for more somewhat fleshed out occults, so it’s only fair that it’s their (our, because I’m a supernatural player as well) turn to get some much-needed supernatural occult content.

Besides, there are some realistic stuff within the pack like fishing, snorkeling, etc.

I’m sure we’ll be getting the realistic stuff again real soon.

I just wish you didn't have to rely on mods to stop supernatual stuff. I mean if it was up to me I would have one checkbox for type of supernatural in the settings. There has been a plague of ghosts since day one, and with Cats and Dogs it's just way too much. Permanently disabling ghosts period would be awesome.
    Same with aliens. They obviously didn't know what to do with them; they talk funny, pretend to hide but walk around in the open and... what?
    I never understood the point with the "disguise" when the unmodded game THROWS THEM IN THE FACE OF THE PLAYER with the bar night idiocy.
    At least give them the Vampire treatment .

And later this year: Witches? The most boring supernaturals ever.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you make a conscience choice to buy a pack that has a supernatural theme and a supernatural sim in it, then you decided that your want of the stuff was more important than your fear of supernaturals in your game. Your choice.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you make a conscience choice to buy a pack that has a supernatural theme and a supernatural sim in it, then you decided that your want of the stuff was more important than your fear of supernaturals in your game. Your choice.

Well duh. The witch pack I will probably not get. Which will be the first, though I am regretting Strangerville, it simply wasn't worth the price even at sale. The This pack ? Yes I will get it. The stuff in it makes it worth it. I have already marked the lot my family will move to from Del Sol Valley.
  • SocksformayorSocksformayor Posts: 1 New Member
    I am so excited! This was my favorite expansion pack in sims 3 so I am so happy it is now in sims 4!
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2019
    Since I am one of the Players who have been asking for Mermaids and Witches since Day 1 mind you, All I am going to say is > Thank You !!!!! , 2 down and 1 more to go, which is > Werewolve's !!!!!!!!, :)
    Update> I am also still waiting for Long/short painted fingernails, hooded robes, much longer hair, Long sleeve lacey gowns. among others.
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    > @Arialisims said:
    > Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

Realistic simmers have had years of realistic stuff. It's only fair that the occult gets some love. As others have pointed out, there's so many realistic stuff within this EP.
    pFlklGp.png
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    I'm so happy that we are getting mermaids
    Cerulea wrote: »
    > @Arialisims said:
    > Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

Realistic simmers have had years of realistic stuff. It's only fair that the occult gets some love. As others have pointed out, there's so many realistic stuff within this EP.

The problem, of course, is that if you don't accept the occult stuff, you are cut off from a TON of content. I do understand the frustrations of those that bought Vampires despite hating vampires, because the furniture was so cool. And that's a game pack. Imagine having to skip an EXPANSION PACK with all it contains with not only furniture, but new worlds, new interactions, new basic features...

On the other hand people who prefer occult sims don't have to chose NOT to buy something because someting unwanted will be put in their game.

Again, modding out vampires and aliens is an option but there REALLY should be a switch in settings.
  • ang803ang803 Posts: 20 Member
    Very excited for this expansion, all the new build and buy stuff looks awesome!
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    ok sorry but i really really hate hate zombies they always took over my sims 3 until ea invented the turn of switch. pllease!!!! make a turn off switch in cas like u did sims 3.
    otherwise excited about the restl <3
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member

I just wish you didn't have to rely on mods to stop supernatual stuff.

You can turn off the mermaids in Island Living. I think a better compromise would be to have stuff packs for all the EP's and GP's, so you can get the stuff without the creatures. It doesn't make much sense to give the option to turn off the creatures that the packs are pretty much built around (at least for the occult packs, it makes sense for Island Living, imo). It's like getting Jungle Adventure or Outdoor Retreat and wanting to turn off the vacation option or something; that's what the pack is all about.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019

A great year for us fantasy/occult fans though so I personally couldn't be happier. Been waiting for these things for years and can finally add things that I been wanting to my game. Now you know how we feel the rest of the time.

Just got Strangeville on sale and planning of getting Island Living. Now just have wait for the magic pack (knowing about it is going to be on of the longest waits...but would cool for Halloween. Ooh I hope we get a world like Midnight Hollow or Moonlight Falls. Another dark world for Vampires and all that).

Supernatural players had to wait a long while since Vampires for more somewhat fleshed out occults, so it’s only fair that it’s their (our, because I’m a supernatural player as well) turn to get some much-needed supernatural occult content.

Besides, there are some realistic stuff within the pack like fishing, snorkeling, etc.

I just wish you didn't have to rely on mods to stop supernatual stuff. I mean if it was up to me I would have one checkbox for type of supernatural in the settings. There has been a plague of ghosts since day one, and with Cats and Dogs it's just way too much. Permanently disabling ghosts period would be awesome.
    Same with aliens. They obviously didn't know what to do with them; they talk funny, pretend to hide but walk around in the open and... what?
    I never understood the point with the "disguise" when the unmodded game THROWS THEM IN THE FACE OF THE PLAYER with the bar night plum.

I heard you can disable mermaids if you don't want them and very easy to change them into a human using kelp. Ghosts always have been in the games I played through and if you ignore them, they will disappear or can free them plus you can just delete them in manage world.

Witches are far from boring as we had to wait through other packs as the most we really got to truly fully play with that were fleshed out were Vampires. Let us have this year as it will probably go back to chores and real life again soon enough....laundry, homework, and potty train....yay.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »

I heard you can disable mermaids if you don't want them and very easy to change them into a human using kelp. Ghosts always have been in the games I played through and if you ignore them, they will disappear or can free them plus you can just delete them in manage world.

Witches are far from boring as we had to wait through other packs as the most we really got to truly fully play with that were fleshed out were Vampires. Let us have this year as it will probably go back to chores and real life again soon enough....laundry, homework, and potty train....yay.

They probably mean in terms of magic in previous iteration? In which, I felt like 3 they were. As their powers were nothing more than something I didn't already have in another form like filling needs and other things. Kinda underwhelming. I liked them a little more in 2. Though if they can do with witches like they did with Vampires in a way I'd be pretty impressed with them getting the same care and attention to detail. Gamepacks always have a good level of detail and I can't wait to see how it turns out for RoM.

Glad to hear they added a toggle button for mermaids for people that might not want to see them. Though they look way less invasive than vampires as you'll only see them in the water.
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »

They probably mean in terms of magic in previous iteration? In which, I felt like 3 they were. As their powers were nothing more than something I didn't already have in another form like filling needs and other things. Kinda underwhelming. I liked them a little more in 2. Though if they can do with witches like they did with Vampires in a way I'd be pretty impressed with them getting the same care and attention to detail. Gamepacks always have a good level of detail and I can't wait to see how it turns out for RoM.

Glad to hear they added a toggle button for mermaids for people that might not want to see them. Though they look way less invasive than vampires as you'll only see them in the water.

I always felt Sims 3 was stiff and boring in general, but I guess I don't share the same opinion as many. I am sure witches are going to be like Vampires. I liked how you can pick good and bad trait to really balance them out.
  • thesims33thesims33 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello, sorry to write here, but I wish to start a topic for help me about the sims4 various issues, but I can't find where to open discussion.. who can help? Thank you...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @thesims33 New members can't open new threads until they have made a certain amount of posts and met a few other requirements. There's this thread for new members who have problems with the game:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues/p1
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    thesims33 wrote: »
    Hello, sorry to write here, but I wish to start a topic for help me about the sims4 various issues, but I can't find where to open discussion.. who can help? Thank you...

If it’s about bugs, there is an EA forum for bugs. (Can’t remember the name, but you can probably find it through google.)

If it’s about getting some gameplay tips, then just choose whatever forums or sub-forum seems appropriate (General, Expansion Pack, Game Pack, etc).

If it’s to give feedback to the game, then you may want to check out the Sims 4 PC Feedback sub-forum.

I hope this helps somewhat?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    thesims33 wrote: »

Given you a "like" to start you on your way to being a Member.

If you check on the Activity button at the top of this web page you'll find lisasc360 keeps the Member rules up to date when welcoming new Simmers. It's that long grey boxed message!

If you click on your name on the left you will be taken to your own page. You could write a message and "share" it to get it on the Activity page if you don't find the answer there. Someone might answer to help you there.
  • thesims33thesims33 Posts: 10 New Member
    I waited for long an expansion like this! To be honest, lately I was a bit bored by the sims 4 because I m not very motivated. I need to built another family that inspire me more. But as I'm not rich (lol) when I played the sims 2 (at those times I could get all the expansions) but today it's more hard, so I have few expansions. I guess is this the reason why I feel a bit bored because I don't have many things to do... but this summer expansion I must have it ! It would be really fun, (I have only the 4 seasons as expansions). I really can't wait for this!
    edited June 2019

I never understood the point with the "disguise" when the unmodded game THROWS THEM IN THE FACE OF THE PLAYER with the bar night plum.

I know ghosts have been in the game. My problem is that there are too many of them. IMHO there should only be two ways to get ghosts:

1. Deliberately choosing the "haunted" lot trait. BUT right now that's crap, because there is no consistency. There can be 4 different ghosts generated for the same lot in 10 days (nights)
    2. Deliberately provoke an urn or stone.

And with Cats and Dogs you get the flood of ghost dogs and ghost cats after a few months game time. Like half of the dog strays not only have red nose or frozen feet or blue for disease, but they are also dead and ghosts with a red nose.

Anyway, I don't really mind supernaturals all the time. But normally I want a slightly zany but basically realistic gameplay. And to me I have never understood why witches are counted as supernatural; according to actual myth they are just normal run of the mill humans that have learned some magic.
    IMHO they really really should not be treated like vampires, or aliens, or mermaids or ghosts. Witches are just normal humans
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    "they are just normal [...] learned some magic" by what stretch is magic is not deemed "supernatural" though?
    Is what i'm genuinely wondering.