Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    "they are just normal [...] learned some magic" by what stretch is magic is not deemed "supernatural" though?
    Is what i'm genuinely wondering.

My point is more that I don't consider witches a "life stage", but more a job.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Added to witch, real "witches" were just people who knew how to do things those around them couldn't, or didn't understand. So those things got mistaken fo rmagic.
    image.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you are born a witch, you are a supernatural. If you are a human that learns to do magic you might be a witch but that doesn't make you a supernatural. Supernaturals are born or become supernatural via magic.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If you are born a witch, you are a supernatural. If you are a human that learns to do magic you might be a witch but that doesn't make you a supernatural. Supernaturals are born or become supernatural via magic.

Nobody is born a witch. That's the point.
    All that is so very Sabrina or Bewitched. Hollywood and kid shows in America invented "immortal" "witches". It irks me because they did such an awesome job with vampires, but if they once again will just play out Sabrina The Teenage Witch / Bewitched (with a tad of Harry Potter, I'm sure) it will just be disappointment for me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Nobody is born a witch. That's the point.
    All that is so very Sabrina or Bewitched. Hollywood and kid shows in America invented "immortal" "witches". It irks me because they did such an awesome job with vampires, but if they once again will just play out Sabrina The Teenage Witch / Bewitched (with a tad of Harry Potter, I'm sure) it will just be disappointment for me.

Harry Potter was born a witch. :D
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I (and many people) love Sabrina, Charmed, Bewitched, Harry Potter, etc, so I hope there is something or options for everyone.

I want the types who are born supernatural (with special powers).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Not sure if this has been said elsewhere but Island living is on a -31% discount on CD Keys right now!
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been said elsewhere but Island living is on a -31% discount on CD Keys right now!

Do the CDkeys codes work for downloading for Origin, or do you download using another streaming software?
    (She/her)

Do the CDkeys codes work for downloading for Origin, or do you download using another streaming software?

From experience (I got 2 packs through them) they will email you the key to redeem with Origin.

From experience (I got 2 packs through them) they will email you the key to redeem with Origin.

Ooh! That would be good! :smile:

They still legit, though? I thought I saw a thread long ago that EA wasn’t accepting codes from certain sites anymore?
    (She/her)

They still legit, though? I thought I saw a thread long ago that EA wasn’t accepting codes from certain sites anymore?

I just pre-ordered Island Living with them myself (just got the confirmation email) :) never had an issue before and am not aware of there being any problems with the site itself. I saw the offer initially posted in Sims Vip if that helps in any way, I don't think they'd list dodgy retailers.

I just pre-ordered Island Living with them myself (just got the confirmation email) :) never had an issue before and am not aware of there being any problems with the site itself. I saw the offer initially posted in Sims Vip if that helps in any way, I don't think they'd list dodgy retailers.

Ooh, nice! I’ll take a looksee at that site then. :)
    (She/her)
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member

I bought Get Famous from Cdkeys and they send you an origin code on launch day. I just preordered IL today for $30.
  • CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you Maxis! I know I sometimes critique the game, but I'm not afraid to say it when you absolutely nail it. Been wanting beaches for a long time and this pack just blew my mind! I love everything about it. Some of the most beautiful items released so far and so much new gameplay. I can't wait!
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I'm super excited for this pack! Do you think there will be a beach update where sims can swim on any beach or is it just in Sulani? I would love if my sims in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg could swim on the beaches already there!
    I'm super excited for this pack! Do you think there will be a beach update where sims can swim on any beach or is it just in Sulani? I would love if my sims in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg could swim on the beaches already there!

As far as I understand it, all future packs will have this, but they ARE trying to figure out how to make all slopey beaches (like on the island in Windenburg) swimmable, but no guarantees.
    That's what I have heard, at least.
  • ToyaallenToyaallen Posts: 4 New Member
    I am really disappointed, I was looking forward to a University Pack...not this beach stuff. I will buy it of course because I love the SIMS games, and it will give my sim a place to visit, relax and swim I guess. Just like all the other places my Sim, visits, relax, and swims...nothing special about this pack...instead of digging for treasures we will clean a beach, yippee!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

It works, it is how I got Seasons. They send you the code once it is released. Though each day the prices start to go up. It was $29 and now it is $31. You just have to keep an eye out for the price.
    I bought Get Famous from Cdkeys and they send you an origin code on launch day. I just preordered IL today for $30.
    XxAirixX wrote: »

It works, it is how I got Seasons. They send you the code once it is released. Though each day the prices start to go up. It was $29 and now it is $31. You just have to keep an eye out for the price.

I double checked some reviews as well, but I trust the many users and you guys who seem satisfied with the site. I purchased it at that site for $31.99! :smile:

Now I will drop from the Giveaway and give other users a chance to win a free copy in the other thread. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Arialisims wrote: »
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

I consider myself a realistic player and an looking forward to the new pack and have the other packs and enjoy them
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

I play with families a lot and enjoy realistic game play too. I never see ghost or aliens in my game because I don't go to Alien night at the bar, I don't visit Deadgrass Island at night in Brindleton Bay, I don't ever go to Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg, I don't ever visit the Alien world, and every time you play use the cheat Death.toggle (Disables Death); no one dies so you never see that death guy. I learned early on how to avoid such things. Plus, you can delete random townies if you don't want them in your game (like mermaids). Also, I never bought Vampire, Strangeville or Spooky Stuff. I'm happy Sims 4 has what I enjoy. Island Living is going to be so fun as I've already figured out what traits I'll never use or remove from lots and Sims because don't want elementals in my Game. Super Stoked for Island Living. Happy Simming. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited June 2019
    Toyaallen wrote: »
    I am really disappointed, I was looking forward to a University Pack...not this beach stuff. I will buy it of course because I love the SIMS games, and it will give my sim a place to visit, relax and swim I guess. Just like all the other places my Sim, visits, relax, and swims...nothing special about this pack...instead of digging for treasures we will clean a beach, yippee!

Everyone is different. The longer it takes for an university pack the better, for me. It's the most pointless thing ever for the Sims. Again, for me. Not for you.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I play with families a lot and enjoy realistic game play too. I never see ghost or aliens in my game because I don't go to Alien night at the bar, I don't visit Deadgrass Island at night in Brindleton Bay, I don't ever go to Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg, I don't ever visit the Alien world, and every time you play use the cheat Death.toggle (Disables Death); no one dies so you never see that death guy. I learned early on how to avoid such things. Plus, you can delete random townies if you don't want them in your game (like mermaids). Also, I never bought Vampire, Strangeville or Spooky Stuff. I'm happy Sims 4 has what I enjoy. Island Living is going to be so fun as I've already figured out what traits I'll never use or remove from lots and Sims because don't want elementals in my Game. Super Stoked for Island Living. Happy Simming. ;)

I bought all the packs and also ignore supernatural elements if I don't want them in a save. I just lock my doors to keep Vlad out, hardly ever play with aliens or greet them if out but I do want all the build and buy objects that come with the the supernatural type packs. Supernatural was a favourite pack of mine in Sims 3 because of the furniture items and I bought all the store items associated with it. Just don't give me Zombies though Maxis. A supernatural too far........ :#
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    So did anyone notice the pineapple pizza :smiley:
    ajadra wrote: »
    So did anyone notice the pineapple pizza :smiley:

No but now I have to have my sim live on it 100% of the time.