Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
The Sims 4 Island Living* is coming for PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4! Sand, sun, and endless fun await as your Sims make their own paradise on Sulani, where the sunshine is bright, and the nights are totally chill.

When Can You Start Your Island Life?

While weighing out whether to flip for traditional island events, catch some rays, become besties with a dolphin, lounge out in the cool water, or slip on some local clothing (our suggestion: all of the above), don’t forget to remember these important dates. The Sims 4 Island Living launches on PC and Mac on June 21 and on Xbox One and PS4 July 16. That’s right, we’re announcing the launch dates for all, right now! Cause Island Living is cool like that.

b9hpuktr32ji.png

What Will You Find on the Island? Keep reading here for more details!

Looking forward to enjoying a laid-back lifestyle? Share your thoughts below!

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    This is definitely gonna be my new favorite expansion!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This makes me want to watch Moana...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Thanks @EA_Mai !!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    One time I feel lucky my baby woke me up at 5am (Australia). Got to watch EA play live and very excited for this EP!
    The conservationist career looks great!
    Mermaids!!!!
    Houses over water!
    Volcano!!!
    Wow!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    This pack looks sooo good! I'm really excited for it!
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AuroraDiSolariaAuroraDiSolaria Posts: 1 New Member
    Dude I cannot wait to be a mermaid!!! And swim with dolphins!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR AUTUMN :D :D !!!
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think this is going to be one of the better packs, probably a fan fav. But honestly can't help but to wonder... HOW will sims be able to become a mermaid?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love the island it looks like Sunlit Tides and those waterfalls are gorgeous. I hope we can swim to them.

Glad we can make mermaids in CAS now. Also I'm so excited this is coming to consoles 1 month after the PC. Normally it would be 3. I'm buying both the pc and console PS4 version.

I am worried though. I was hoping to see some pool slides and waterfalls. Pools need more items.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I love the volcano! I wonder if you can die from the flying burning rocks.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

MERMAIDS!!!!!!!
    <3<3<3

Everything looks awesome! the sea, the world, the volcano...

MERMAIDS!!!!!!!
    <3<3<3

Thanks!
  • SimsFanJohnSimsFanJohn Posts: 10 New Member
    Looks very pretty, and I think it will have fun visuals. I agree that it doesn't seem to have a lot of new gameplay, but I think I'm more excited about the mermaids than you are. And dolphins! I wonder if the dolphins can interact with cats and dogs?

I think it is going to highlight my one biggest gripe about the Sims 4 in general, though. That is that you can "travel" to and from non-destination worlds so easily. You can easily hop in a cab (rideshare?) and go from desert Oasis Spring to lush Newcrest to spooky/autum-ish Forgotten Hollow to bustling San Myshuno. They travel to these disparate climates as easily as the rest of us drive a few blocks away. I know I do not HAVE to go from world to world like that, but I always get invites from other Sims to join them in someplace that geographically, they really should not be able to easily access, which breaks the game's immersion for me.

I think this will bug me even more on an island world, Sulani. Unless I misunderstand, Sulani is a regular world, not a destination world. Part of the joy of being on an island is that it's secluded. When you're on it, you're away from everything else. When you're not on it, it's not easy to get to. Being invited to hop over to Widenburg for a quick game of bowling will wreck that a bit for me.

[sorry, rant off, LOL]
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'm looking forward to more curly hair, mermaids and the swimming aspect, and the conservationist career could be interesting. I also ALWAYS welcome new worlds to live in. I'm not too fussed about much else though, and I'm really hoping there is a way to turn off/reduce sunburn, or at least that it won't change the colour of a Sims skin. I also am never fussed with modern style fashion either, or the ultra cultural looks that don't suit most sims I play. I tend to play in Forgotten Hollow as a Victorian female, so the Islander style clothing won't work for me :P
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Can we just appreciate for a moment that there is a volcano on this island? And not just as a backdrop - an actual, hot, spitting, personal-space-ignoring volcano! I saw the leaks beforehand, but totally wasn't expecting that. Now I just wonder, can we run over swimmers with those pretty little motorboats? >:)

And if that wasn't already enough, magic is also coming in autumn! I said before that I didn't want mermaids because, based on TS4's past record with occults, it would probably mean two more years of waiting for my beloved witches, but then they started using words like "conjure something up" and "spell it out", and I knew what was coming before they said it. Saved my day! <3
  • NeenzNeenz Posts: 44 Member
    I am really looking forward to this EP! If I’m honest I’m not too fussed about the mermaid aspect, but can’t wait to develop a whole new story for the island. Note making already 😎🏝🌴
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Now this is what I'm talking about! Mermaids are the life state I've been waiting for. I plan to make a life guard who "saves" a pretty mermaid from drowning only to find out her identity. Then I'll make them have a secret romance. :smiley:
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    This trailer is literally about an environmental friendly mermaid who cleans the island. Ariel should have cleaned the beach instead of getting a man. What a shame.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm bummed that it isn't a vacation world with hotels. That's really what I wanted from a tropical pack. But I presume there will be beach lots and places to just chill, so it's just whatever. I can just pretend it's a world everyone is vacationing in.

I want to see what new activities are being included for kids and toddlers since the trailer just showed sand castles.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I saw the mountains in the background of the leaked pictures and thought they looked like volcanos, but I just thought it would be backdrop. I never dreamed they'd actually give us real volcanos. I'm so happy!

Now I'm hoping those burning rocks can land on your house. >:)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    This is definitely gonna be my new favorite expansion!

If it's really well done, it'll be my new favorite too :)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This trailer is literally about an environmental friendly mermaid who cleans the island. Ariel should have cleaned the beach instead of getting a man. What a shame.

Yeah, for a mermaid surrounded by water, Ariel sure was thirsty. Enough to trade away her voice even
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    didnt get to watch ea talk about it i hope it will be restreamed
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    This community is just the best: "I love how my Sims can explore a tropical paradise, be a mermaid and befriend dolphins and also hopefully be killed by flying chunks of burning rocks!" :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    @Wispye You should be able to rewatch it here, although the actual presentation only begins at around 27 minutes:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959817/the-sims-4-at-ea-play/p1
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Wispye wrote: »
    didnt get to watch ea talk about it i hope it will be restreamed

you can replay it on the sims twitch channel
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Can we just appreciate for a moment that there is a volcano on this island? And not just as a backdrop - an actual, hot, spitting, personal-space-ignoring volcano! I saw the leaks beforehand, but totally wasn't expecting that. Now I just wonder, can we run over swimmers with those pretty little motorboats? >:)

And if that wasn't already enough, magic is also coming in autumn! I said before that I didn't want mermaids because, based on TS4's past record with occults, it would probably mean two more years of waiting for my beloved witches, but then they started using words like "conjure something up" and "spell it out", and I knew what was coming before they said it. Saved my day! <3

And volcanic lightning as well.