Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2019
    I so wish I could teach my toddlers to swim in pools and the Ocean. Toddler floaties would be so cute. A girl can only dream. Oh well, still getting this so my toddlers can play on the beach.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Toddler floaties would be so cute. A girl can only dream.
    There will be toddler floaties! :)

• MrsbumblebeeMrsbumblebee Posts: 7 New Member
    This expantion looks so good. I wonder if there´s a way to become a freelance yoga instructor on the Island or if you can work in social media and be a Health and fitness influencer? That would be so cool.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Very excited for all I've seen so far in the trailer and the stream. Can't wait to learn more about mermaids especially.
    Everything looks great my focus is all over the place... sunbathing, burning!... Burning! ... New Hair!... sandsculptures?... I love the idea of the island culture and the elementals? (spirits). It sounds involved. Looks like great work. I like the idea of conservation being a part of a wider gameplay for the island itself and what it becomes and how it's in your hands.
    Other new jobs too :). It's just a lot to take in.
    Looks like a pack to explore for awhile. I'm personally really glad it's not a vacation pack. I want my sim to live there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I still think that rubber duck is weird since they are at the beach, but I don't really care all that much. Babies and toddlers are my least favorite life stages, so I age them up really quickly anyway. I am more interested in seeing the diving career and all things other sims can do.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I still think that rubber duck is weird since they are at the beach, but I don't really care all that much. Babies and toddlers are my least favorite life stages, so I age them up really quickly anyway. I am more interested in seeing the diving career and all things other sims can do.

I'm guessing they've recycled the toddler in a bath animations, hence the rubber duck.
  • SR9550SR9550 Posts: 1 New Member
    Quick question, will this expansion have resorts like The Sims 3 : Island Paradise? I really liked the resort management and I want to know if this is part of it.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    SR9550 wrote: »
    Quick question, will this expansion have resorts like The Sims 3 : Island Paradise? I really liked the resort management and I want to know if this is part of it.

Doesn't look like it from what info we have and the trailer. I'm sure they'd have mentioned this by now if it did.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2019
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Bet someone asks,"Can a human sim or a vampire sim have sex with a mermaid/dolphin and what will it produce?"

How can three words after have above not to be plum??

Other than that, I am excited about this expansion. Looks so much fun!! Can't wait for it to come out soon.
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    I'm curious about how will everyone approach this EP? I'm planning on making a new sim that is a siren to start my adventure off. I was honestly debating whether or not I would continue with the sim I'm currently playing with. However, the prospect of a siren is too good to pass up!

What about you guys? are you guys planning on starting a new game? continue on with a sim you already created?
    pFlklGp.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I am going to make a new save. I’ve wanted to do a rags to riches save for a long time and this seems like a good opportunity. I will have my new sim live off of the island by fishing, collecting shells, etc. I’m pretty excited to play it this way. I am not sure when and how I’m going to play mermaids yet but I want to play one for sure.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cerulea wrote: »
    I'm curious about how will everyone approach this EP? I'm planning on making a new sim that is a siren to start my adventure off. I was honestly debating whether or not I would continue with the sim I'm currently playing with. However, the prospect of a siren is too good to pass up!

What about you guys? are you guys planning on starting a new game? continue on with a sim you already created?

I’m going to take some existing characters and change them to mermaids/merpeople . I plan to have mixed families of humans, merpeople/sirens, and (daywalking) vampires. :smile:

So, yeah, continuing my saved families. I’ve been waiting for Occult mermaids since vampires. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    I think my generation 3 heir in my Random legacy needs to meet a mermaid, have babies with her, then lose her to sea. I had another scenario plotted, but I'm liking this one more now that it's an option.
    image.png
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    im really looking forward to moving my selvadorada inspired witches to sulani! then i just have to play the waiting game until fall. im really looking forward to exploring the mermaids acctually, more than i thought i would.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    so is that thurs midnight or friday midnight? i remember one game. dont remember which, it came out like around ten am pacific time. it was a weird time of day

Thursday Midnight
    aelias24 wrote: »
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I think canoes are the only boat type and seem to only seat one sim.

There's ''jet ski'' and sim are using them.

I know, but a jet ski is not a boat.

There is also sailboats.
    I bet mermaids can become vampires and ghosts.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I bet mermaids can become vampires and ghosts.

I can see merfolk that die becoming ghosts because ghosts are just dead sims but I don't think their ability to change into a tail will stay after death.

As for merfolk becoming vampires, I'd have to say no. The programming is set up so your sim transforms into a vampire or a merperson, I don't see how they could change into both because they are separate programs. IT's no different that a vampire and a mermaid having a child. It is't both it's one or the other.
  • Ath3lasAth3las Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2019
    #SimGuruFrost could you please tell me how many empty buildable lots there are in island expansion. I was disappointed with only having two in Strangerville, and will there be collectables (crystals, rocks, etc), there was only two of them in strangerville. I am looking forward to the expansion, the video makes it look like fun
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/
    VbXPSzu.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    Arialisims wrote: »
    Strangerville, mermaids, elementals , realm of magic ....not a good year for us realistic gameplay simmers :/

Mermaids being in the pack doesn't really make things less real. (I mean the sims has always been a pretty exaggerated game with different features). Can still lounge in lounge chairs, sunbathe, float in the water or on the floaties, ride on jet ski's, play with dolphins, snorkeling, multiple part-time jobs along with a career in this pack. New recipes and drinks as well. :smile:

Mermaids being added adds something for people that's been wanting another occult stage. Plus, you can't even tell who's a mermaid either which makes that pretty cool. Didn't think I'd enjoy Strangerville, but I did more than I thought.

Hey, never know if you might see some things you might like from the Realm of Magic pack. I got Vampires GP even though I don't play so heavily with occults. The build/buy along with a new world, CAS and vampire break-ins was enough for me.

Most likely get a Uni related pack next year. Actually one of my least favorite EP's. The activities themselves in the packs are fun, but sims studying going to rabbit hole class and studying some more is generally boring.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Supernatural players had to wait a long while since Vampires for more somewhat fleshed out occults, so it’s only fair that it’s their (our, because I’m a supernatural player as well) turn to get some much-needed supernatural occult content.

Besides, there are some realistic stuff within the pack like fishing, snorkeling, etc.

I’m sure we’ll be getting the realistic stuff again real soon.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Humm....?

There's new part time jobs, ocean swimming, jet skis, boats, sun bathing, snorkelling and diving, sand sculpting, dolphins, those are all realistic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This expantion looks so good. I wonder if there´s a way to become a freelance yoga instructor on the Island or if you can work in social media and be a Health and fitness influencer? That would be so cool.

Our Sims can be yoga instructors with the instructor mat right? 🤔 If you place the mat (which has the square to put he other yoga mats in) on one of the beaches then boom! Yoga on the beach 😍😍
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

True but I love mermaids.