Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to with cars?

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    Guys, sorry to disappoint you but usable driveable cars are impossible due to game engine
    Maybe we can kiss and woohoo in them yes but unfortunately the main feature (driving) is impossible..
    They'll have to reprogram the engine so the moving decor cars in the background can be removed and replaced them with real usable cars..
    You think EA would do that for us? Lol

If that's the case why were they mentioned in numourous surveys and why did a simguru ask for suggestions if they do bring them back?

Because they meant it like a garage GP, you can fix and rev car engine like in sims 2 freetime and we'll have interactive cars parked IN LOTS but they probably won't be usable on roads.

One of the surveys mentioned a Sims Grand Canyon location your sims could drive to. Other vehicles like bikes and motorcycles were also mentioned in a survey for TS4.

That means a whole new small world (like forgotten hollow) dedicated for small driving animation in that GP, don't expect much though, remember it's semi closed world and it's only few seconds you may seem ur sim driving then vanishing into loading screens
    Unless they made a very big 64×64 lot that is made for car driving show off/racing
    Making roads routable for cars isn't compatible with the game engine (I hope I'm wrong)
    And don't expect driving in other worlds except in the Cars GP
  • Options
    LastratiLastrati Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd like to be able to sleep in cars.
    I'd like a bucket for washing cars that could also be used as a toilet. Many homeless in area live in cars during cooler times of the year.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Well you know it'd be nice if they actually made a door opening animation lol
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have a feeling that Guru who asked for kind of cars people would like to see was for the FX cars in coming worlds and for those parked in parking lots when they were making BB. If you notice there a some new ones in the parking lots.

As for the early surveys - those were not made by Maxis but by EA's marketing even before the game came out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    It doesnt need to have a functioning road to give us the illusion lmao all they would need to do is have it so the sim gets in the car and drives off the lot. Once it touches the road it can *poof* in to an animation on the road. Itll be functionally the same as leaving the lot and teleporting with the car but the animation will give the illusion they are driving to the load screen.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Somethingstellar - All that has to be programmed in, for one thing; and without programming for a basic road system the car cannot even move in the drive - way, never mind anything else. In sims 2 they used the road system programming that was in the game to make both the drive link and the back up road link they put in the game to show that action - but could not have done that without the road programming in the game already. The modders have been trying to do that since the game came out and the car never moves. It teleports from it's spot and vanishes. The sim vanishes with it - but you never see the car in the destination - it goes right back to it's original spot and the sim has to walk/teleport home. So you know when even modders can't do it - it is not possible. One modder has had car since the first year the game came out - but they can't move no matter what they try.

Also you can't have cut scenes like Sims 2 either - that also takes programming to do - wishful thinking does not make it happen. Like roads that is something they do when they first start programming the game - even before they start building the base world. They cannot add those kinds of things after they make the base world unless things have changed a lot in programming the last few years - you usually have certain protocol for doing base line systems like that before they base game is even done.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    After thinking long and hard, I've come up with something.

Why do cars have to be done in the same way they've been done before?
    We've never had RVs and campervans, so why not go with something slightly different? Why not have cars in a vacation pack?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932071/on-the-road-vacation-pack

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Guru who asked for kind of cars people would like to see was for the FX cars in coming worlds and for those parked in parking lots when they were making BB. If you notice there a some new ones in the parking lots.

As for the early surveys - those were not made by Maxis but by EA's marketing even before the game came out.
    That'd be disappointing for a lot of people.
    Oh well, maybe cars will be included if there's a ts5
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cars will not be driveable nor will they be for teleporting the way the boat works. Where will the cars be parked? We can only place them on our lots, so a driveway? What about worlds that have no roads? Where does the driveway drive to?

Cars, IMO, will be objects meant for skill building (mechanics), hobby time (as a single or group), saleable objects in car dealerships, and other fun/romantic interactions.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    After thinking long and hard, I've come up with something.

Why do cars have to be done in the same way they've been done before?
    We've never had RVs and campervans, so why not go with something slightly different? Why not have cars in a vacation pack?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932071/on-the-road-vacation-pack

That'd be disappointing for a lot of people.
    Oh well, maybe cars will be included if there's a ts5

I just can't see us not getting cars in TS4 since the other sims games had them. I think they'll be patched in like toddlers were. Maxis will find a way. When they were making the game they knew cars was a popular feature so I can't see them leaving them out.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Garages
    Immersion
    Shorter times for sims to get home without having to force your sims to travel to their homes through the phone
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    The inclusion of an open world. They'd kind of have to make it that way if cars were drive-able.
    That and the ability to impress people with a convertible, because I'm unable to emulate this in my actual life.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    aero2491 wrote: »
    What do you think we'll be able to do with them? What type of car do you want?

Did they say we were getting cars? If they did I missed it and would be very surprised seeing the game has no road system at all in it.

No there has been no confirmation we're getting cars but a simguru did ask people what they'd like if they ever did do cars a while back plus there are subtle hints. Roads aren't needed. They could use the teleport system.

Without functional roads there’s no reason to add cars. A car isn’t a couch, it’s not just an object you sit in and hangout. It’s a form of transportation first and foremost, prioritizing cars for any other purpose besides driving and transportation is a complete waste of time and resources IMO.

At this point it wouldn’t really be beneficial to add cars. They wouldn’t be compatible with any world we have already, and unless they are patched into the base game there’s not a very big chance they will function in any future world.

I've mentioned this idea before in another thread, but a way to add functional cars in Sims 4 would be to just add a drive way on a lot, place the car on the driveway, and any car animations that would happen, would happen on the driveway which is on the lot itself, so basically for transportation you'd see the sim(s) climb into the car and start to drive off before cutting to a loading screen, then when visiting another lot, if there's a driveway placed, you'd see the car pull in and the sims get out, again, all on the lot itself, and if there is no driveway the car would just show up in your inventory. Yes it would be a bit of a hassle, because if you wanted the full car gameplay experience you'd have to place a driveway on almost every single lot you wish to visit, which would take up physical space on the lot itself, which might be a problem for smaller lots, but it's a solution nonetheless.

Other gameplay ideas besides transportation though, I would like to see some tinker/upgrade options, some upgrade options could be add TV (Sims fun need increases before arriving at a lot), heated seats (Sims get a happy buff), efficient engine (If gas was something the new cars added, this would make it so gas is either less expensive, or the car uses less gas in general), etc., so sims can build the handiness skill, it would make a great new woohoo spot, it would also be a cool new spot for kids to play in. If cars are added, it would also be really cool to see cars added to the police station, so before your sim travelled somewhere, they'd drive off in a police car completed with a siren and lights. These are my ideas, although to be honest cars aren't really my number one most wished for feature right now.
  • Options
    I think that IF they use cars for transportation, it will be like the boat. You click it and, as your sim walks towards it, they teleport to the location. I don't think the car will follow. The car could be on a driveway but if the lot isn't on a road, like a lot aren't, that will look odd. But, you could have a garage and place the car in it. Because the car won't really move, you won't need a working garage door (but one working or nonworking would be nice). The garage can even be up on a foundation because the car won't move anyway.
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Being able to teach teen to drive, makeout sessions, and woohoo in the car
    o5jNANX.gif
  • Options
    Being able to teach teen to drive, makeout sessions, and woohoo in the car

Agreed.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm looking forward to roads.

We don't have many of those.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    They aren't going to add roads that can be driven on to existing worlds.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's funny, because I must've dreamt twice already that we got cars. And both times they were paid content. I guess that says something about what my subconscious believes. :D

I still feel like we'll get cars at some point. Kimmi wouldn't have asked for input for nothing. At they very least they must've considered it. As for the implementation, it remains to be seen if they'll be well-done, but I hope so, because they've shown they are capable of doing a good job with some of last year's packs
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Garages! Driveways! Realistic homes as opposed to our "fake garage doors".
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It's funny, because I must've dreamt twice already that we got cars. And both times they were paid content. I guess that says something about what my subconscious believes. :D

I still feel like we'll get cars at some point. Kimmi wouldn't have asked for input for nothing. At they very least they must've considered it. As for the implementation, it remains to be seen if they'll be well-done, but I hope so, because they've shown they are capable of doing a good job with some of last year's packs

Well the big update to the base game should be coming soon. Last year we got Toddlers in January 2 weeks before the Vampire GP. My theory is in February we're due for the Adventure GP and hopefully we'll get the big update to the base game 2 weeks before release. Crossing my fingers it's cars.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Well the big update to the base game should be coming soon. Last year we got Toddlers in January 2 weeks before the Vampire GP. My theory is in February we're due for the Adventure GP and hopefully we'll get the big update to the base game 2 weeks before release. Crossing my fingers it's cars.

You make it sound like there is a scheduled base game update every year because they gave us toddlers last year. That's a ridiculous assumption to make and you're trying to spread more false information.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd love that, but an update as big as toddlers is probably a one-off thing. Even the nonbinary genders patch randomly came out in September, so there's no telling what will come next. I feel like we'll still get cars in some form eventually
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    I would like to see cars in game, some classics, sofops were sims can watch stars and ordinary car just a few sports, I'd prefer it if sims cant get them unless they have worked so many hours to get the money to buy them kinda thing and would expect them to cost a lot. Motorbikes I'd love to see ingame and bikes for toddlers and child
    Having them breakdown and sim having to call repair or learn to fix it themselves.
    I wouldnt want cars if the sims couldnt actually drive them and just had to sit in the driveway because well, whats the point?
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I want a convertible.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    If Cars are added, and added to the Base Game, then when an Eco Pack Comes out, they can add Electric Cars. I liked that they added Ecological Items to the Sims 3, but I don't like that most of them are now unavailable (like the Prius Cars).

What would you have to put on the property to plug them in? A big old fat outlet, oversized, no doubt and taking up half the yard. lol joking, but not really. Then that leads to where is that outlet getting that power? Now we have to add a generator another overisized object, and then where is that generator getting that power, power plant or windmils, and if it's not windy, where does the Sim get power, if the wind stops blowing? I think they could go down many avenues if they want to make me believe that is an electric car.

Then who is running a power plant so Sims can drive an electric car? and what type of power, and won't they need employees, lol and then they will also need the source...sun..wind..oil..etc. Then that leads to who is mining those sources and more jobs, and more Sims generated to do those jobs. I always wanted a game where things connected in various ways to make it believable. Sim City is a good example.