Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to with cars?

aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
What do you think we'll be able to do with them? What type of car do you want?
Post edited by aero2491 on

Comments

• Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    If Cars are added, and added to the Base Game, then when an Eco Pack Comes out, they can add Electric Cars. I liked that they added Ecological Items to the Sims 3, but I don't like that most of them are now unavailable (like the Prius Cars).
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I hope we would get some old fashioned cars like from the 1920s.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do like the fixer upper cars in 2 and 3. And sims might as well be able to do things inside the car like in Sims 2, if they're even going to bother patching them back in.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I don't know if cars can be implemented into the game at this point, but I would very much appreciate having cars where Sims could sit and discuss, or kiss and etc... I would also like a mechanical skill and car artwork, tools and all car stuff decoration. I think the game needs a little bit more of this kind of manly stuff. I'd also love to have broken cars decoration, and old Chevy left in the backyards or sort of a scrap yard, a place for our handy Sims to hang around.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would like to see the return of fixer upper cars and adding modern and classic cars I really hate how Sims 4 forces everything to be modern so the worlds and tech always remain the same generation after generation. But mainly I want transportation to be in all worlds even if they cant own a car in certain worlds like San Myshuno they would have the option to take a taxi or ride the bus, in homes that are not in the city or don't have a road connection like many lots in Widenburg it would be nice to have bikes or Vespa's to be a form of off road travel instead of just poofing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I would like to see the return of fixer upper cars and adding modern and classic cars I really hate how Sims 4 forces everything to be modern so the worlds and tech always remain the same generation after generation. But mainly I want transportation to be in all worlds even if they cant own a car in certain worlds like San Myshuno they would have the option to take a taxi or ride the bus, in homes that are not in the city or don't have a road connection like many lots in Widenburg it would be nice to have bikes or Vespa's to be a form of off road travel instead of just poofing.

I agree with this! I also think it shouldn't be the same for each generation. It kinda takes the realistic feel out the game.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    One thing that I would like that we never had is the ability to wash cars. It would be nice if the car got dirty like other objects in the game (counters, sinks, toilets, etc) and sims could wash them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aero2491 wrote: »

Hoping for
    Listening to Radio
    Chat
    Cuddle
    Snuggle
    Watch Stars Together
    Kiss
    Makeout
    Woohoo
    Try for a Baby

Hoping Cars can be washed by sims and run thru car washes

Hoping Sims can fix up some cars

Hoping for a drive in outdoor theater

Hoping for a mechanic career

Hoping for a Sims Grand Canyon our sims can drive to to look out.

Cars I'd like to see
    Convertables
    Volkswagons
    Fords
    Chevys
    Kias
    Sport Cars
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Did they say we were getting cars? If they did I missed it and would be very surprised seeing the game has no road system at all in it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Did they say we were getting cars? If they did I missed it and would be very surprised seeing the game has no road system at all in it.

No there has been no confirmation we're getting cars but a simguru did ask people what they'd like if they ever did do cars a while back plus there are subtle hints. Roads aren't needed. They could use the teleport system.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

No there has been no confirmation we're getting cars but a simguru did ask people what they'd like if they ever did do cars a while back plus there are subtle hints. Roads aren't needed. They could use the teleport system.

Without functional roads there’s no reason to add cars. A car isn’t a couch, it’s not just an object you sit in and hangout. It’s a form of transportation first and foremost, prioritizing cars for any other purpose besides driving and transportation is a complete waste of time and resources IMO.

At this point it wouldn’t really be beneficial to add cars. They wouldn’t be compatible with any world we have already, and unless they are patched into the base game there’s not a very big chance they will function in any future world.
  • Options

No, I was meaning if we do get them lol
  • Options

Without functional roads there’s no reason to add cars. A car isn’t a couch, it’s not just an object you sit in and hangout. It’s a form of transportation first and foremost, prioritizing cars for any other purpose besides driving and transportation is a complete waste of time and resources IMO.

At this point it wouldn’t really be beneficial to add cars. They wouldn’t be compatible with any world we have already, and unless they are patched into the base game there’s not a very big chance they will function in any future world.

If we could see the car driving till we hit the load screen and then Sims getting out when at the lot that could work.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm sure some modder will make us some gorgeous sports cars, remember Fresh Prince?
  • Options
    Arielle08Arielle08 Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to have any types of cars in it to be honest. Maybe a transportation system like buses for school and also for those who can't afford cars.
    Driver's education would be nice as well like they did in the Sims 3.
    But I would like to have an open world where you don't have to load each time when you go to a new lot in the same world. That would be a major advantage when adding cars to Sims 4.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017

If we could see the car driving till we hit the load screen and then Sims getting out when at the lot that could work.

That only works in a game world with a road system - like Sims 2 which was using the Sim City 4 templates and road system. Even in Sims 2 devs still had to make a road link for the lots just to back up into the road, and it had a road system. That lot link is huge too and only worked on larger lots.

Sims 3 had a road system from Build World, but devs did not make the road links to the lots in that one so cars had to teleport to the road and sims teleported inside for even that road system to work. But sims lots were locked to the road as well.

Sims 4 has none of either of those period. There is no code I can see to support any kind of use of cars off a lot. I don't see code for even bicycles or any other wheeled device off a lot.

We've already seen what modders can do - they've been trying since the game came out.

It's sad as I really still miss the open world and my sims driving all over the place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Guys, sorry to disappoint you but usable driveable cars are impossible due to game engine
    Maybe we can kiss and woohoo in them yes but unfortunately the main feature (driving) is impossible..
    They'll have to reprogram the engine so the moving decor cars in the background can be removed and replaced them with real usable cars..
    You think EA would do that for us? Lol
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    Guys, sorry to disappoint you but usable driveable cars are impossible due to game engine
    Maybe we can kiss and woohoo in them yes but unfortunately the main feature (driving) is impossible..
    They'll have to reprogram the engine so the moving decor cars in the background can be removed and replaced them with real usable cars..

Lol absolutely not
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Lamborghini
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    And Station Wagons
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    Driveways. Ability to build garages and use garage doors. Our laundry can be set up in there ...
  • Options

If that's the case why were they mentioned in numourous surveys and why did a simguru ask for suggestions if they do bring them back?
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Sims in the game currently are terrible drivers. They always run through me in their cars. I'm not sure how cars would be used since we just teleport to places anyways. If there was a way we can drive them around it would be cool though. Maybe be able to color and design them like cats and dogs.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

If that's the case why were they mentioned in numourous surveys and why did a simguru ask for suggestions if they do bring them back?

Because they meant it like a garage GP, you can fix and rev car engine like in sims 2 freetime and we'll have interactive cars parked IN LOTS but they probably won't be usable on roads.
  • Options

Because they meant it like a garage GP, you can fix and rev car engine like in sims 2 freetime and we'll have interactive cars parked IN LOTS but they probably won't be usable on roads.

One of the surveys mentioned a Sims Grand Canyon location your sims could drive to. Other vehicles like bikes and motorcycles were also mentioned in a survey for TS4.