Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to with cars?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Who is running the power plant so a sim can turn on a light or the TV? Who's running the water treatment plant and pumping station so sims can drink water from the tap? Let's not delve into the silly impossibilities of the game.
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    OMG. I am house shopping for my sims, and its so sad?!?!? I want a house with garage but there's no cars in the sims 4!!?? I cannot wait until cars are added.. ::crossing fingers it happens in 2018::
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Who is running the power plant so a sim can turn on a light or the TV? Who's running the water treatment plant and pumping station so sims can drink water from the tap? Let's not delve into the silly impossibilities of the game.

Sim City Light and Power - every simmer knows that - well the ones who played Sims 1 anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I'm sure some modder will make us some gorgeous sports cars, remember Fresh Prince?

Oh be still my fluttering heart...YES! I do remember Fresh Prince. The at one point I wondered why he never made my favorite (at that time) car, the Dodge Neon, haha. Yes indeed, I most certainly remember :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Guys, sorry to disappoint you but usable driveable cars are impossible due to game engine
    Maybe we can kiss and woohoo in them yes but unfortunately the main feature (driving) is impossible..
    They'll have to reprogram the engine so the moving decor cars in the background can be removed and replaced them with real usable cars..
    You think EA would do that for us? Lol

If that's the case why were they mentioned in numourous surveys and why did a simguru ask for suggestions if they do bring them back?

Because they meant it like a garage GP, you can fix and rev car engine like in sims 2 freetime and we'll have interactive cars parked IN LOTS but they probably won't be usable on roads.
    Did you read the survey?

Get behind the wheel of different vehicles including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Fix up old cars, build a hotrod, or jump in your ride and explore a number of unique tourist destinations... another part of the survey says... Your Sims can now choose from a wide variety of vehicles to own and drive including cars, trucks and even motorcycles.

This sure looks like its more than fixing up your car in a garage both driving and fixing cars are mentioned multiple times not just working in a garage.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Guys, sorry to disappoint you but usable driveable cars are impossible due to game engine
    Maybe we can kiss and woohoo in them yes but unfortunately the main feature (driving) is impossible..
    They'll have to reprogram the engine so the moving decor cars in the background can be removed and replaced them with real usable cars..

If that's the case why were they mentioned in numourous surveys and why did a simguru ask for suggestions if they do bring them back?

Because they meant it like a garage GP, you can fix and rev car engine like in sims 2 freetime and we'll have interactive cars parked IN LOTS but they probably won't be usable on roads.
    Did you read the survey?

Get behind the wheel of different vehicles including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Fix up old cars, build a hotrod, or jump in your ride and explore a number of unique tourist destinations... another part of the survey says... Your Sims can now choose from a wide variety of vehicles to own and drive including cars, trucks and even motorcycles.

This sure looks like its more than fixing up your car in a garage both driving and fixing cars are mentioned multiple times not just working in a garage.

Man I sure hope we see cars soon and I hope they'll do a Livestream on cars like they did with Toddlers.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm not particularly interested in watching my sims drive around in cars, cellphone teleport works for me. To make cars interesting at the very least there should be some gameplay like setting your driving style similarily to your work options. Going faster might end up the sims having to pay a fine and driving slower might get another car (probably even a playable for who´m I defined a reckless/impatient driving style before) crash into yours from behind. Chance cards might be a nice addition, too, for those who like them. I like the concept of chance cards, but often either the scenario described is unlikely (space exploration is a little different from the fantasy rocketship chance cards) or the wording doesn't sit well with me (probably due to a generations and/or cultural values dissonance).

However, I'd love to get the second aspect mentioned in the survey! It would be exiting if they made the garage work the same as the vet career: Players can use all the equipment at home with not restrictions, but if you want you can also get the full experience by buying and running a garage.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have posted my thoughts and wishes for a car pack in other places, so you probably have read it, so here I'll add a new thought.

I would like a mechanic career and garage lot location. Your mechanic sim can go to work and fix cars or work on engines or change tires, etc. There could be the chance of fires or small explosions or even the car dropping on the rack and crushing your sim.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sit in it, turn on radio, make out, and woohoo just like Sims 2 cars. Hopefully they work like Sims 2 as well and not like Sims 3, but if fade on and off the driveway it must then so be it. Long as it drive down the road and we hit the loading screen like Sims 2 it should be fine. Modders will expand cars for us so Maxis just needs to deliver a stable framework.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Making a garage and a driveway. Seeing my sims hop in and drive down the street would be a bonus. I’ve been very tempted to install TS3 on my new computer just for that feature...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Did you read the survey?

The only thing suggesting they’ll be able to actually drive there is the ‘vehicles to own and drive’ remark. The other bolded parts could very well be a figure of speech. Get behind the wheel (and hit a loading screen), jump in your ride (and get a loading screen). Not that it couldn’t happen, but I don’t see much of a guarantee there tbh.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited January 2018
    Cars are the one thing I definitely don't miss. I rarely used them in Sims 2 because of the loading screens and in Sims 3 my sims walked or biked. I love those bikes with the baskets.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I am probably the only simmer that does not care about cars...but when we do get them, I want the woohoo/makeout options..and garages for building.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No point in Sims 4 and I don't see it happening so not even thinking about it as a possibility.

Besides I liked using cars etc in Sims 3 - rotted in Sims 2 so not even interested in anything but cars in an open world. Which is not Sims 4.

Fake cars are bad enough, but yard cars are ridiculous.

Nope not interested in more yard benches, Sims have ample yard chairs and benches already - thank you very much.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....