Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    I LOVE life simulation games. i don't like them on xbox one. I play gta v though.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    no, I'm happy to play it on my laptop.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited July 2017
    If it came to PS4 with VR content then maybe, but not really interested in playing the same game on console.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think no. For now. I'm not really a console player. I still have so much to do in my current game and with Pets on the way... ;)
    But I am very interested in the new Sims Mobile? Think that's what it's called. I'll put that on my iPad when it's available.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    If it came to PS4 with VR content then maybe, but not really interested in playing the same game on console.

Sims in VR on PS4? Would absolutely be a purchase for me.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    knazzer wrote: »

Sims in VR on PS4? Would absolutely be a purchase for me.

That would be pretty impressive i do have to say! Imagine building a house then being able to physically walk around it!
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I bet the life of every Simmer, other than me, that the console release coincides with TS4 Pets.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No, if it's exactly like TS4 PC version (which it looks like). :)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Nope. I don't have any of the consoles it'll be (most likely) going to, so it's irrelevant to me.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Merwhos wrote: »
    It depends if it's kind of like the sims 2 was on console I might, but not if it is the same as sims 3.. The sims 2 was its own unique game with storyline etc, I prefer that otherwise, it's just more of the same for me.

@Merwhos Yes, I loved TS2 for PS2. It was the first Sims game I ever played.

I don't plan on getting this because I don't have a console.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    If it's for PS4 and it looks playable, sure!!
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    The game Is not worth me spending extra bucks to have a console version of it..so no
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I won't go down that road again. No console version of Sims4 for me. I like the pc versions of the Sims game just fine. And no way am I going to pay twice for the pleasure. Why can't EA just stay on point and improve the game we already paid for? :|

This!
    I wont be buying a console version for this either. I feel it would be nice if they could focus on improving and adding to the PC game. I didn't mind TS2 games on console. I had a pretty solid PC game. I just feel with TS4, the more they expand (mobile, console), the more time and manpower goes for the other projects they are doing. I feel there is STILL a great deal missing from the PC game. I know there are different teams working on different things and not everyone has the luxury of owning it on PC, but I don't want these side projects to be taking away from the PC game, especially one that still feels incomplete. Plus if they add things to mobile and console that we've been asking for in the PC game, I won't be a happy camper lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No, but only because I'm not a console player. If any of my great-nieces had an Xbox One, or if my great-nephews were old enough to have one (they're all toddlers while the great-nieces are teens and young adults), I'd consider it as a gift idea, or if I had kids and wanted to keep the computer free for work and study instead of gaming.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I rather purchase a plastic ring from a darn gumball machine then purchase The Sims 4 for console. It took over two years to become a more solid game as it is I don't want to risk Deja Vu for console not to mention my love is only for the PC games anyway. EA just wants to truly focus on anything except expansion packs for The Sims 4. First mobile. Now this. I'm happy that the console lovers are happy but I'm not getting excited here.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I do not own any of the the current generation consoles, but even if I did, I wouldn't buy a console version. I played The Urbz and Castaway on console and though they were fun, I prefer mouse control when it comes to the sims.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No because I don't own/want any consoles.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't own any consoles, and I am certainly not going to buy one just for one game. Especially one game that I already own on a superior gaming platform.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    No, I already have it on my laptop. I don't play console games due to issues with my hands. Sims are about the only game I can play due to it mostly being mouse-clicking.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Niki110287Niki110287 Posts: 110 Member
    I've actually been considering getting an Xbox one the last few months. I haven't played console games since the ps3 and I miss the experience plus I use a desktop for games and with all my traveling for work I don't get to play as much as I'd like. A console would be more portable and preferable to me over a gaming laptop. Sims 4 will definitely be another factor in my final decision.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Nope. Even though I don't own an xbox one, I don't see the point in buying the same game twice.
  • Options
    PreslynnPreslynn Posts: 36 Member
    I don't play console anything so definitely not. There is no way I'd buy a console just to play the game either.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    no cause I don't own a console. I don't even own a tv :D

Same here at the moment.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I won't purchase for myself because 1) I already have the pc version, 2) I'm more of a pc gamer in general, and 3) I have a mile long list of gripes with this game anyway. However, my 11year old wants to play but prefers console gaming. He has an Xbox One, so I'll likely purchase as a holiday gift for him.