Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yes i will, i mean no disrespect but if you dont like the consoles stop moaning and stick to pc. Its not mandatory!!!

No need to be rude, the thread is titled "WILL YOU BE BUYING THE SIMS 4 ON CONSOLE?" Not "Only post if you are buying it for console". Its an opinion/preference thread, expect opinions/preferences.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I cannot imagine sims without CC or mods, so it's a no from me if I had any of the consoles. At least they could launch it with all the dlc to make it more attractive, but they didn't. It's a lost opportunity.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Yes i will, i mean no disrespect but if you dont like the consoles stop moaning and stick to pc. Its not mandatory!!!

Answering the question with a "no" and explaining why is not the same as "moaning". Nobody here is complaining or "moaning" that the game is coming to console. We answered the question asking if we were going to buy the console version.

Nor did anyone even allude to thinking it's "mandatory".

Where did this even come from?
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is a question. Some people like the idea of buying the console game. Some, not so much. Maybe it is a fit for you. Maybe it is not. It would be a very boring world if we were all the same.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would never buy this game twice. Once was definitely enough.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Highly unlikely. I was never a fan of the controls and camera angles on the console versions. They gave me a headache.
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    It is coming to ps4 also
    .but to answer this thread

No ..i have it all on my laptop and continuing so
  • angelinamarieangelinamarie Posts: 5 New Member
    Probably not
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play exclusively on pc nowadays, so no. Used to be a playstation gamer, though. Back in the day when :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    Nope. I am a Nintendo Switch owner. Haha!
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Lol no. I don't even have a console in the first place.
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    No, I remember having the sims for PS2 and it was so much harder to use then PC, so ill just stick to my computer :smile:
    rzsH227.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Already preordered the PS4 Deluxe Version.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. I was never a fan of the controls and camera angles on the console versions. They gave me a headache.

Hopefully the camera angles will be ported from the pc in this version.
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    I would love to sit on the sofa and play sims but I have found the content limited in previous console releases.
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    PC for me. Mainly because I don't have an Xbox One or a PS4. But if I did I still would stick with PC. I have the sims 3 for console on xbox 360 and I played that all the time until I got a laptop. Then when I played sims on PC... wow. I didn't realize there was so much I could do that you couldn't on console.
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Nope.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    If it's just like the pc version then no. Why waste money on that when there are other console games to buy?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • SUPERsimsfan01SUPERsimsfan01 Posts: 23 New Member
    I honestly think Maxis should just stick to PC gaming when it comes to The Sims franchise - each and every Sims game I've played on the console counterpart has been nowhere near as great as the PC alternative, though that's to be expected (I guess...?)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Nope, you know me, I'm not into console games. Or phone games...ever. Strictly a pc gamer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Tried console with Sims 3 pets. It was horrible and lacked any real content. We have xbox one, but I rarely play it. And I do not see my husband buying it for console, because Sims 4 on PC is still a mess and lacks serious gameplay.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I think only a handful of folk here would buy the game all over again on console. The console version is not targeted at us existing players, but rather at those people that only have a console as their gaming experience.

It makes no sense to me that there is even a sniff of competition between those of us that like to play games, be it on whatever platform.

I started playing games with pieces of cut out card with numbers written on them on the dining room table when a basic computer needed to be housed in a warehouse. (Oooo.... the kitchen table is cooler noob).

Games are games.

I picked my PS4 up for 150 Pounds Sterling and it included Horizon Zero Dawn on release and a spare controller, so the way I see it, this release brings a one of kind game into the reach of many more people.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do think EA/Maxis stand to make quite a bit of money from console side because those that could play the PC now has a chance on the PC. However, the experience may not be the same for the console side and that may not matter to some of them as long as they get to play.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Personally, I think PC gaming is cheaper. The cost to build one and then buy a desk, monitor, etc. for the first time can be pricey. However, what you end up buying tends to be as powerful or more powerful than what consoles have, and has more practical use, so you are getting more value for your money. This helps later on, when years pass and consoles are going obsolete, and your PC is still ahead. Also, the PC has a massive library of games to play which are always going on sale for great deal, whereas console games tend to take longer to drop in price. As someone who has both PC and console, I just find PC to be the cheaper, more beneficial route to take.

PCs don't last forever and are very quickly outdated. In 2014, for the first time ever, I was able to buy a PC for gaming (The Sims 3). It costed me so much money, even though I had it custom built with parts on sale. If I were an actual PC gamer, that PC would be horribly outdated by now. Besides, I use my PC for so much more than gaming, and its other functions are more important to me than gaming. Gaming is just a side feature on PCs for me.

It can never be a value for me, as even when I have a gaming PC, I *still* need a console or two (Nintendo and Sony). The fact of the matter is that the PC does not have a gaming library that I care for. The Sims is pretty much the only PC franchise I care about. Most of the gaming series I enjoy are on Nintendo and Sony (Zelda, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, etc.). So actually, I see the extra expense for a gaming PC to be the annoying expense. If I didn't have The Sims, I would just be getting store-bought PCs for much cheaper.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters with gaming is, well, games. And PC doesn't cut it for me aside from TS2/TS3. Consoles are a must-have for me for gaming.

I don't know, I find it the same with console. Only thing is the console will no longer be supported by the manufacturer and publishers of games, so you're stuck with a limited library. A PC you can play newer games, but you'd just have to tone down the settings.

I definitely understand not finding the value in it, for that reason though. I personally love all of those games, and know how annoying it is to have to deal through multiple consoles to play them all.
  • PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    I won't be buying. I absolutely loved playing previous console Sim games because I do like the controller and the big screen but that's not worth all the money I'd have to shell out again for the complete game. I would love some type of story Sims game, however, like how all the other console versions were.
    Sims 3 Wishlist