Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Nope I don't own a x-box and never will. Also the sims was made for PC and plays the best on PC, PC has easier controls and allows for more (well in the past).
    Also PC just looks better
    The only sims game I loved on console was the original sims, the story mode was ridiculously fun and I'm sad that I never finished it (on play station mind you)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No. I would have to buy a console and a TV as well. I will rather save money for a new pack :wink:
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    No,it seems pointless since I have it on Pc.I had Sims 3 on xbox and it sucked! I would not mind Sims 4 life stories for pc.I would actually buy that! I do remember very well how bad Sims 3 was on the Xbox! It was awful! I'm not sure of anyone who bought that would easily buy into this one :/
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I'm a PC gamer in a big way (apart from nintendo XD, had to buy a switch v.v) luckily my boyfriend is a console collector and has xbox and ps4 so if it turns out there is a cute story mode i'll probably get it. If not i'll be sticking to PC. I have liked past sims games on console (mainly the original sims on ps2, urbz and busting out) but i've always favoured pc. If it came out on switch I may get it because at least i could make that portable!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I don't have a console or a TV either and I just got a new PC after my old one broke (hence my absence from the forums) so I'm still over the moon with it and probably will not buy any new gaming electronics for at least a few years, which means no TS4 on console for me. Plus, while I have owned a console before I'm much more into PC gaming at this time just because it's just so much easier to mod my games.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited July 2017
    If it's just a Carbon copy of the PC version then most likely not. If they adapted better controls (direct) and add some extra Features (like Story mode etc.) then yes. A switch version would be fun, though. However, it will never Substitute the PC Version (simply because of the fact that I can use mods and make it perfectly suit my desires).
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes if it comes to the PS4.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I won't go down that road again. No console version of Sims4 for me. I like the pc versions of the Sims game just fine. And no way am I going to pay twice for the pleasure. Why can't EA just stay on point and improve the game we already paid for? :|
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    If they expect us to buy all the packs all over again (Which is possible, based on the part mentioning Perfect Patio Stuff) then NOPE.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No, unless it follows what some console sims were like - an adventure/sim/management/spin off game, like Sims 2 DS, The Urbz etc.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've never played on a console so that is unlikely to change. I'm not really the market for console versions but I know that others do play that way. I'm fine with them making that version while they continue with TS4. Yes, I'd probably be fine with a TS5 eventually but I want to feel like I've thoroughly played this game before that happens. If they leave TS4 feeling very incomplete then I won't go forward with the series.

So, I'm fine with them making a console version since I know that appeals to different players. I am more interested in TS4 for myself.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    None of the consoles in the house belong to me, so probably not. I would be curious to see what it's like though, since console versions of The Sims is basically what I grew up with as a child.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    No I don't see the point, the other Sims games that came out on console weren't very good quality, why have it on PC and console both.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    No, I can't see any reason for it.
  • MerwhosMerwhos Posts: 46 Member
    It depends if it's kind of like the sims 2 was on console I might, but not if it is the same as sims 3.. The sims 2 was its own unique game with storyline etc, I prefer that otherwise, it's just more of the same for me.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    No. Sims 4 is basically a console/phone game on PC imo.

The only exception would be if somehow the console version allows players to make their own worlds, ala all the other previous versions of the Sims PC, then I may consider it.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Unless they give me my origin owned packs for free on console, which they probably won't, then no I probably won't buy it
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I am not sure why I would do so. We have an Xbox which I don't use but could, but if it's the same game then I don't see the advantage. I wouldn't want to pay for everything again.
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    I will buy it if it adds split screen multiplayer!
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I hope it comes on PS4 and am PRAYING they add a story mode as they did in the console versions of Sims 1 and 2, they were so much fun. I got bored of the freeplay mode once I'd made my family and built a house because there was not much else to do after that on these particular games. (I have never owned a console version of The Sims 3 so I don't know if that one did?)

I feel the freeplay mode was just like playing the base game - so much missing. But I will buy it if it is on PS4 :smile:
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I have played all of the sims console games in the past so yes. I will be. Plus 2 of use in my house play and we can both play at the same time, one on console other on pc. Works out great as we only have a console and 1 pc.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No. It would just irritate me to wade through all of those loading screens thrown up on a 65" flat screen.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    No. It would just irritate me to wade through all of those loading screens thrown up on a 65" flat screen.

I would assume its the same amount of loading screens as we have now. I doubt there would be more. To be fair the sims 4 plays the same way that the sims 3 on console did so i assume this version of the game will be like that. I will laugh though if there are no loading screens between lots on console. I doubt that would happen.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Nope. Only games I buy for my consoles are console only games and exclusives.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    Nope. I mainly game on PC. I only use the console for rockband.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here