Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be buying The Sims 4 on console?

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    If you own a computer, you own a TV. Just sayin' :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    The Sims 4 is already a console-quality The Sims title. I don't even want to imagine how bad a The Sims 4 on consoles would be.

I actually much prefer consoles. PC gaming is too expensive, and The Sims is the only PC franchise I care about... But The Sims games on consoles are not very good. They're so watered down. They aren't any kind of alternative IMO.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and I wouldn't buy all DLC again, too much money for something I already have. Also It probably won't have mods and reshade. It's good for people that don't have a good PC or don't have the game yet, I hope it's a success.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2017
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is already a console-quality The Sims title. I don't even want to imagine how bad a The Sims 4 on consoles would be.

I actually much prefer consoles. PC gaming is too expensive, and The Sims is the only PC franchise I care about... But The Sims games on consoles are not very good. They're so watered down. They aren't any kind of alternative IMO.

I'd imagine it to be virtually the same experience, given it seems they may be able to port DLC to the base game itself on console:
    Pre-order and get The Sims™ 4 Perfect Patio Stuff featuring hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor!*"

But analog controls for a Sims game is horrendous. The game, as its formatted on PC, is meant to be played with keyboard and mouse. Pointing and clicking with an analog is a downright annoyance.

Personally, I think PC gaming is cheaper. The cost to build one and then buy a desk, monitor, etc. for the first time can be pricey. However, what you end up buying tends to be as powerful or more powerful than what consoles have, and has more practical use, so you are getting more value for your money. This helps later on, when years pass and consoles are going obsolete, and your PC is still ahead. Also, the PC has a massive library of games to play which are always going on sale for great deal, whereas console games tend to take longer to drop in price. As someone who has both PC and console, I just find PC to be the cheaper, more beneficial route to take.
  • Options
    Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I'll be getting it on consoles,Hope it comes to PS4,I'd get it on pc but sadly I can't afford that.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017
    Probably not because if it is just the base game and if you already have it and all the DLC, I do not see no point in me starting on the console. This is good for those waiting to play on the console, I am kind of spoiled on the PC with all the DLC. :) Another thing it controls may be stripped down.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I won't go down that road again. No console version of Sims4 for me. I like the pc versions of the Sims game just fine. And no way am I going to pay twice for the pleasure. Why can't EA just stay on point and improve the game we already paid for? :|

I agree, I brought Sims 3 on console and could not get into it, I prefer PC. I hope those getting the console version have fun with it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Definitely, although I kinda wish it would've been like Bustin' Out but I'll enjoy it regardless.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Yes! I will be getting it.
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    No. If The Sims 4 for XBox will be as buggy as the Sims 3 for Wii was, I wouldn't bother. It was fun, but they really could have tested it more.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    At one time I would have bought it but now I'm so disenchanted with TS4 on the computer (and the computer versions have always been more fun to me) that I don't think I will waste my money on the Xbox version. There's stil aspects in the computer version I wish were implemented into the game. Why not focus on that? I remember when I was so excited ts4 was coming out and spent $100+ on the "special" pack just to fast forward three years down the road and not much has changed
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have an xbox one, but no, I will not be buying the game for it. All my simming is for the pc.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    BariSaxy wrote: »

I'd imagine it to be virtually the same experience, given it seems they may be able to port DLC to the base game itself on console:
    Pre-order and get The Sims™ 4 Perfect Patio Stuff featuring hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor!*"

But analog controls for a Sims game is horrendous. The game, as its formatted on PC, is meant to be played with keyboard and mouse. Pointing and clicking with an analog is a downright annoyance.

Personally, I think PC gaming is cheaper. The cost to build one and then buy a desk, monitor, etc. for the first time can be pricey. However, what you end up buying tends to be as powerful or more powerful than what consoles have, and has more practical use, so you are getting more value for your money. This helps later on, when years pass and consoles are going obsolete, and your PC is still ahead. Also, the PC has a massive library of games to play which are always going on sale for great deal, whereas console games tend to take longer to drop in price. As someone who has both PC and console, I just find PC to be the cheaper, more beneficial route to take.

Exactly, PC gaming will always be better than console, for the basic reason that you have a whole PC library at your fingertips. You don't need to purchase games multiple times, because companies only allow you to play old games by rebuying them. Especially simple "HD upscaled" games. An old PC game can be upscaled to HD for free.
  • Options
    If you have all the DLC on the PC will it be cost effective for me to also have it on the console as well? For me I do not see it as cost effective as I already own the base game and all the DLC, it would be a waste of money being it may not exactly play like the PC version and I see the game being limited and there is no guarantee that EA will add all the DLC. This however will be great for those that have yet to invest in the great but for me it is not in my best interest, I rather wait and see how it plays out.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    For me, it is a no. I see no reason or benefit in buying this game again for the console. I will stick to the PC game.
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    No. PC is my primary platform for gaming, and I can't stand playing simulation games, as well as a few other genres, with a controller.
  • Options
    SammyMcKaySammyMcKay Posts: 2 New Member
    If there's split screen I will buy it. This game is too much fun split screen or coop to not include.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No, but not because I don't like the idea of Sims on console - I do. I would *love* to be able to curl up on the sofa and play on my big-screen TV. But I get a bit seasick anytime I use console controllers, even just a Lego game. So even if my husband *does* follow through on his current wish for an Xbox One or PS4, I'm just going to stick to watching other people play stuff.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

PCs don't last forever and are very quickly outdated. In 2014, for the first time ever, I was able to buy a PC for gaming (The Sims 3). It costed me so much money, even though I had it custom built with parts on sale. If I were an actual PC gamer, that PC would be horribly outdated by now. Besides, I use my PC for so much more than gaming, and its other functions are more important to me than gaming. Gaming is just a side feature on PCs for me.

It can never be a value for me, as even when I have a gaming PC, I *still* need a console or two (Nintendo and Sony). The fact of the matter is that the PC does not have a gaming library that I care for. The Sims is pretty much the only PC franchise I care about. Most of the gaming series I enjoy are on Nintendo and Sony (Zelda, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, etc.). So actually, I see the extra expense for a gaming PC to be the annoying expense. If I didn't have The Sims, I would just be getting store-bought PCs for much cheaper.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters with gaming is, well, games. And PC doesn't cut it for me aside from TS2/TS3. Consoles are a must-have for me for gaming.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Don't have a console, so no.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No....

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    If they add a multiplayer feature (or something different) - mayyybe - but other than that nah... I like playing sims with a mouse and keyboard - I'd feel limited with a controller
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Nope. Not worth it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yes i will, i mean no disrespect but if you dont like the consoles stop moaning and stick to pc. Its not mandatory!!!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    nahhh i won't. i only got a switch and what i seen of these games meh unless its like the older sims games with story maybe but they won't do the switch i have a feeling
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu