Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• Options
    ImmortalMortalImmortalMortal Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm having a problem where the City Living content doesn't show up at all. The only thing I saw was a couple of formal outfits that were invisible with some question marks on my sim's face and feet. No new neighbourhood, no new content whatsoever aside from that. Any idea what's going on?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm having a problem where the City Living content doesn't show up at all. The only thing I saw was a couple of formal outfits that were invisible with some question marks on my sim's face and feet. No new neighbourhood, no new content whatsoever aside from that. Any idea what's going on?

Hello
    Try coming out of the game. Go to Origin. Log into Origin. Go to games library, click on the Sims 4 picture. Then half way down the page, there is tab with the label " extra content" on it. Click that and it will show the packs that you own. See if it is saying that City Living is installed. If it isn't, then download and install the pack there.
    If it is installed, then try repairing the game and see if that helps. Go back to games library, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    ImmortalMortalImmortalMortal Posts: 7 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try coming out of the game. Go to Origin. Log into Origin. Go to games library, click on the Sims 4 picture. Then half way down the page, there is tab with the label " extra content" on it. Click that and it will show the packs that you own. See if it is saying that City Living is installed. If it isn't, then download and install the pack there.
    If it is installed, then try repairing the game and see if that helps. Go back to games library, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Thanks so much for that quick response! I was expecting to sit for a few hours in waiting, so was a super pleasant surprise! It was installed, so I tried your repair suggestion and I see the neighbourhood is available now. Will play for awhile and hopefully all content is there! Thanks again. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thanks so much for that quick response! I was expecting to sit for a few hours in waiting, so was a super pleasant surprise! It was installed, so I tried your repair suggestion and I see the neighbourhood is available now. Will play for awhile and hopefully all content is there! Thanks again. :D

You're welcome :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    PasiePasie Posts: 10 New Member
    I was having the same problem- My sims were all sleeping, then suddenly the neighbor came banging on the door... Didn't realize my sims sleep talked ;)
  • Options
    Pasie wrote: »
    I was having the same problem- My sims were all sleeping, then suddenly the neighbor came banging on the door... Didn't realize my sims sleep talked ;)

Hello
    I am sorry that the neighbour came and banged on the door when your sims were sleeping. It may be by game design, as a result of living in an apartment. The EP may be designed to have this issue occur.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Envieee wrote: »
    The most annoying bug I'm having now is that in one of the appartments my Sim is stuck behind the elevator. Can't place doors there, can't move her around. She's just in an unmoddifiable room with no way out. So I stopped playing for now.

Some other bugs I encountered:
    - When my one roommate goes to work, the other went to the town. As soon as she went, the other one came back form work.
    - Sims sometimes come home with only 1hour worth of pay.
    - At a (food) festival, Sims can't eat the food, keep dropping it on the floor.
    - Time forwarding leads to unexplainable timelaps.

Have you tried resetting the Sim? Try shift clicking on the sim, that should reset her to an open space.
  • Options
    Hannahblue99Hannahblue99 Posts: 2 New Member
    The glitches I've noticed in my game are the sims returning home from work if I go into build mode. Now that I know the issue it's okay to avoid it. However whats really ruining my gameplay is that the friendship relationships are going down SO fast. I have a couple living together and they had friendship and romance bars maxed out and then the next day the friendship bar was only 25% full. This is happening with no interactions as 'acquaintances' are becoming 'disliked'. It's really frustrating, anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the two new kid hats (the two turbans) have a glitch where they display a medium brown hair colour under the hat no matter what colour is selected for the child's hair.
  • Options
    Hannahblue99Hannahblue99 Posts: 2 New Member
    The glitches I've noticed in my game are the sims returning home from work if I go into build mode. Now that I know the issue it's okay to avoid it. However whats really ruining my gameplay is that the friendship relationships are going down SO fast. I have a couple living together and they had friendship and romance bars maxed out and then the next day the friendship bar was only 25% full. This is happening with no interactions as 'acquaintances' are becoming 'disliked'. It's really frustrating, anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Also, is anyone else's sims OBSESSED with the basketball hoop? I put one in my apartment and my sim wouldn't stop playing so I had to delete it. She'd do what I made her for like a minute and would cancel and go 'Dream Big'. ??
  • Options
    SheepyCakesSheepyCakes Posts: 27 Member
    Ah so the issue is the "call to meal" action, not necessarily the party. No dinner parties for now then, since that is the main goal of them lol... I made my sim a great chef to be able to have great parties, too! I guess she can just show off her culinary prowess at other parties.
  • Options
    SheepyCakesSheepyCakes Posts: 27 Member

This was so bad for me I had to cheat my way through the "Friend of the World" aspiration so the relationships wouldn't decay... I really didn't want to do that, but my sims were literally ending up with no friends at all!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Hello,
    You may like to post feedback on these threads on the AHQ EA site that refer to the issues

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Sims-return-early-from-school-work-while-in-Buy-Mode/td-p/5668697

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Fast-friendship-decay-when-living-in-apartment/td-p/5669915

For the second issue, if you use mods, MC Command Center mod has settings to help with relationship decay.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/
  • Options

Also, is anyone else's sims OBSESSED with the basketball hoop? I put one in my apartment and my sim wouldn't stop playing so I had to delete it. She'd do what I made her for like a minute and would cancel and go 'Dream Big'. ??

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-constantly-stop-working-out-to-play-basketball/m-p/5673714#M29407
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Terra wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the two new kid hats (the two turbans) have a glitch where they display a medium brown hair colour under the hat no matter what colour is selected for the child's hair.

Hello
    Is the issue only showing in CAS, or does it also affect the hair colour of the child when in live mode?

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    SuperSimXSuperSimX Posts: 40 Member
    Hello there,

I installed City Living today and I can't seem to enter the lots in San Myshuno. Every time I load a lot, I am thrown out back to the world select screen. Lots outside of San Myshuno somehow work though.
    I thought maybe it is because of outdated mods?
    Is there any program that, like, scans my mod folder and can find out if there are outdated mods?
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2016
    Just a small list of bugs I've experienced in-game so far. (City Living Specifically.)
    • Time slowing down and skipping around periodically when in hyper speed.
    • Sims continuing to sing after cancelling Practice Singing action. (Sims stop, but sound effect persists.)
    • Unable to stop Sims from spray painting because action randomly disappeared from queue. (Choosing a different action does not help.)
    • Young Sims coming home from school a few minutes after leaving.
    • Apartment neighbors complaining about noise when nothing is happening.
    • Sims defaulting to T-Pose when attempting to complain about noise to neighbors.
    • Frequency of neighbor visits for food and entertainment too high. (Almost every time one of my sims pulls out food from the fridge...)
    • Losing the ability to Go Here in own apartment. (This one really cheesed me off.)
    • Neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited.
    • Festival apparel removes all accessories. (Not sure if this one is a bug or proper function. Had to reapply accessories in CAS.)

* Mods were not in use during gameplay.

That and there is also a bug that makes your character come back very early from work... like you go in Build Mode, add a few furnitures here and there and... boom he/she is back. Sometimes it's just random and does not involve Build Mode.

But the fact that you can't use fast speed (x3) is game breaking in my opinion, that's why I just made my sims couple leave their appartment. Too many bugs.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    SuperSimX wrote: »
    Hello there,

I installed City Living today and I can't seem to enter the lots in San Myshuno. Every time I load a lot, I am thrown out back to the world select screen. Lots outside of San Myshuno somehow work though.
    I thought maybe it is because of outdated mods?
    Is there any program that, like, scans my mod folder and can find out if there are outdated mods?

Hello
    Come completely out of the game without saving. Then go back into the game and see if the issues remain.

If the issues remain, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    This is link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods since the last patch/release of City Living
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl
  • Options
    sidney216 wrote: »
    Just a small list of bugs I've experienced in-game so far. (City Living Specifically.)
    • Time slowing down and skipping around periodically when in hyper speed.
    • Sims continuing to sing after cancelling Practice Singing action. (Sims stop, but sound effect persists.)
    • Unable to stop Sims from spray painting because action randomly disappeared from queue. (Choosing a different action does not help.)
    • Young Sims coming home from school a few minutes after leaving.
    • Apartment neighbors complaining about noise when nothing is happening.
    • Sims defaulting to T-Pose when attempting to complain about noise to neighbors.
    • Frequency of neighbor visits for food and entertainment too high. (Almost every time one of my sims pulls out food from the fridge...)
    • Losing the ability to Go Here in own apartment. (This one really cheesed me off.)
    • Neighbors randomly barging into Sims apartments uninvited.
    • Festival apparel removes all accessories. (Not sure if this one is a bug or proper function. Had to reapply accessories in CAS.)

* Mods were not in use during gameplay.

That and there is also a bug that makes your character come back very early from work... like you go in Build Mode, add a few furnitures here and there and... boom he/she is back. Sometimes it's just random and does not involve Build Mode.

But the fact that you can't use fast speed (x3) is game breaking in my opinion, that's why I just made my sims couple leave their appartment. Too many bugs.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Sims-return-early-from-school-work-while-in-Buy-Mode/td-p/5668697
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Anyone has any issues with their festival lots not loading properly or when visiting other apartments, you end up stuck in the hallway? Please @ mention me if you are having these issues and if you have solved them. Thanks :)
  • Options
    BlazingEdenBlazingEden Posts: 13 New Member
    When my Sim attends the Humor & Hijinks festival and drinks from a fountain, everyone freezes. They don't stop the slight movements, but they don't do anything and my Sim won't change her action. I have to shift-click and debug her a few times before she can do anything, but everyone else is still frozen.
  • Options
    Anyone has any issues with their festival lots not loading properly or when visiting other apartments, you end up stuck in the hallway? Please @ mention me if you are having these issues and if you have solved them. Thanks :)

Hello @asouthernwriter
    Other simmers are having issues with being stuck in hallways. There has been issues especially when living in the Culpepper apartments.
    With the Festivals, sometimes items have been spawned on top of each other and the items have remained.
    If that happens in your game, when a festival is next in that location have your sim attend the festival and remain there completely to the end of the festival . Have him remain there until all the items disappear.
    This is a link about the issue on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/td-p/5674412

• Options
    When my Sim attends the Humor & Hijinks festival and drinks from a fountain, everyone freezes. They don't stop the slight movements, but they don't do anything and my Sim won't change her action. I have to shift-click and debug her a few times before she can do anything, but everyone else is still frozen.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Sometimes going to game options or pressing the M key can help when the issue occurs.
    Pressing pause and waiting a few seconds can also help the issue.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
  • Options
    BlazingEdenBlazingEden Posts: 13 New Member
    I will try that next time.

I also just placed a previously purchased Easel into my new apartment and I can't use it.
  • Options
    I will try that next time.

I also just placed a previously purchased Easel into my new apartment and I can't use it.

Hello
    Try selling the easel and buying a new one, and see if that helps the issue,