Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• BlazingEdenBlazingEden Posts: 13 New Member
    I will try that next time.

I also just placed a previously purchased Easel into my new apartment and I can't use it.

I can't use any easel anywhere. I traveled to the Art District to use the ones in the Casbah Gallery and those aren't working either.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    I will try that next time.

I also just placed a previously purchased Easel into my new apartment and I can't use it.

I can't use any easel anywhere. I traveled to the Art District to use the ones in the Casbah Gallery and those aren't working either.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

This is a link to a thread that contains a list of some of the broken /updated mods since the last patch/release of City Living
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

I don't have any mods or CC downloaded.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue @BlazingEden :(
    There are a few things to do to see if they will help the issue.

Come completely out of the game. Go back in again and see if the issue remains,

If the issue still remains , repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• KayleenersKayleeners Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm back to talk about the relationship decay between household members in apartments. I've found a pattern and thought it would be good to provide feedback. When your sim is loud and ignores the neighbor that comes pounding on the door your relationship with everyone in your household drops, however, if you listen to your neighbor's complaint the relationships stay the same.

So I do not believe this is a bug, however; I do believe that such a large drop in relationship is a bit over the top. Maybe a negative moodlet would suffice rather than a drastic decay in relationship that takes a couple sim-hours to rebuild with just one person. The moodlet could be an embarrassed moodlet simply for the fact that your household member was rude by not answering the door and listening to the neighbor's complaint.
    Kayleeners wrote: »
    I'm back to talk about the relationship decay between household members in apartments. I've found a pattern and thought it would be good to provide feedback. When your sim is loud and ignores the neighbor that comes pounding on the door your relationship with everyone in your household drops, however, if you listen to your neighbor's complaint the relationships stay the same.

So I do not believe this is a bug, however; I do believe that such a large drop in relationship is a bit over the top. Maybe a negative moodlet would suffice rather than a drastic decay in relationship that takes a couple sim-hours to rebuild with just one person. The moodlet could be an embarrassed moodlet simply for the fact that your household member was rude by not answering the door and listening to the neighbor's complaint.

Hello
    Thankyou for the feedback :)
    On the AHQ EA site there are two threads for the issues of household relationship decay. You may like to post feedback on the thread that refers to the issue when neighbours complain

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Fast-household-relationship-decay-when-ignoring-neighbor/td-p/5671105

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Fast-friendship-decay-when-living-in-apartment/td-p/5669915
  • KayleenersKayleeners Posts: 7 New Member
    I posted my feedback on the second link, but not the first. It just seems like this was a poorly executed feature. I'd rather have a negative moodlet than relationship decay when it comes to ignoring complaining neighbors.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I'm having an issue where parents automatically take family leave (usually you have to call to take it). I have a couple where the female sim has had several pregnancies and the male sim isn't progressing at work because he's taking all this time off. Both Sims are in the new CL careers.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where parents automatically take family leave (usually you have to call to take it). I have a couple where the female sim has had several pregnancies and the male sim isn't progressing at work because he's taking all this time off. Both Sims are in the new CL careers.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the feedback on what has been occurring in your game.

Try repairing the game and see if that may help the next time that your sim is pregnant . To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    If you have mods/cc in your game, try removing them when your sim is having a child and see if the same thing occurs.
  • KatieLizabeth74KatieLizabeth74 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but since installing CL, my sims have not been able to produce high quality meals or paintings. I have a creative sim who is at level 7 of the painting skill and she has yet to paint anything above "okay" quality. Also anytime a sim cooks a meal, it is usually "normal" or "poor" quality, no matter their cooking skill and I am using a more expensive stove. I've never had this issue before.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but since installing CL, my sims have not been able to produce high quality meals or paintings. I have a creative sim who is at level 7 of the painting skill and she has yet to paint anything above "okay" quality. Also anytime a sim cooks a meal, it is usually "normal" or "poor" quality, no matter their cooking skill and I am using a more expensive stove. I've never had this issue before.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the same things occur then. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • lilly6327lilly6327 Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't get into any house after downloading City Living,. it just redirects me to the screen with each of the cities. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, will someone tell me how to fix it? I already tried uninstalling The Sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling it, but it didn't have any effect on my problem. If someone here works for EA, will you please send out an update? :)
    lilly6327 wrote: »
    I can't get into any house after downloading City Living,. it just redirects me to the screen with each of the cities. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, will someone tell me how to fix it? I already tried uninstalling The Sims 4 from my computer and reinstalling it, but it didn't have any effect on my problem. If someone here works for EA, will you please send out an update? :)

Hello @lilly635
    Come completely out of the game without saving. Then go back in again and see if that helps.

If the issue remains, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • littledismal06littledismal06 Posts: 19 Member
    When my sim went into labor the bassinette spawned in the hallway in front of the apartment mailboxes. I went ahead and aged the baby up to child to get the kid into the apartment but I now have an empty bassinette in the hallway that I can't move. I exited the game and did a game repair in Origin but that didn't get rid of it. Any idea how I can move it?
    When my sim went into labor the bassinette spawned in the hallway in front of the apartment mailboxes. I went ahead and aged the baby up to child to get the kid into the apartment but I now have an empty bassinette in the hallway that I can't move. I exited the game and did a game repair in Origin but that didn't get rid of it. Any idea how I can move it?

Hello
    You may not be able to move the bassinet. Sometimes though, items that are in places where they shouldn't be get removed automatically by the game after some sims day or a week has passed.
  • JokerluvrJokerluvr Posts: 15 New Member
    I am having a problem with my Sims being flirty with other Sims that are not their significant other without me telling them to do that. They don't have any flirty traits either such as being romantic or anything like that. So my Sims are constantly very angry at each other because they have a flirty spouse.
    Jokerluvr wrote: »
    I am having a problem with my Sims being flirty with other Sims that are not their significant other without me telling them to do that. They don't have any flirty traits either such as being romantic or anything like that. So my Sims are constantly very angry at each other because they have a flirty spouse.

Hello
    There been some other simmers who have had this occur in their game also. I am sorry that it has led to upset and anger between the sims.

If the issue still remains , repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
    It worked when I had the newly generated folder before I replaced the new folders with the old.
    Looks like I'm just going to have to start mostly over, and honestly, I'm okay with that. Thank goodness for the gallery!
  • kittygirl14162kittygirl14162 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having a problem where it won't let me select the option to work from home. My game is modded, but how do I know which types of mods to try removing to fix this? Or is there another fix I could try first? Could custom content be causing this, or is it more likely a gameplay or script mod?

Hello @kittygirl14162

Thank you, I'll check the thread and try moving the mods, that's really helpful.:D

It worked when I had the newly generated folder before I replaced the new folders with the old.
    Looks like I'm just going to have to start mostly over, and honestly, I'm okay with that. Thank goodness for the gallery!

Hello
    Try putting the old folders back, but start a new save game file. You could save your sims and save their homes from the old save game to your library and place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers
    I'm having a problem where it won't let me select the option to work from home. My game is modded, but how do I know which types of mods to try removing to fix this? Or is there another fix I could try first? Could custom content be causing this, or is it more likely a gameplay or script mod?

Hello @kittygirl14162

Thank you, I'll check the thread and try moving the mods, that's really helpful.:D

Hello
    You're welcome :) If the issues still remain after you have tested without the mods/cc in your game, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • setsurusetsuru Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone come across this problem yet? My sim came home from the hospital with her brand new baby. The crib/baby automatically ended up in the constructs of the elevator.. I can't get to it or move it or even open the wall because it's not a part of my living area...

(Kind of dumb "New" members can't post pictures/links. I've had an account for years, I just don't post in the forums often, but when there's an issue, sometimes it's much better explained with a picture....)
    edited November 2016
    setsuru wrote: »
    Anyone come across this problem yet? My sim came home from the hospital with her brand new baby. The crib/baby automatically ended up in the constructs of the elevator.. I can't get to it or move it or even open the wall because it's not a part of my living area...

(Kind of dumb "New" members can't post pictures/links. I've had an account for years, I just don't post in the forums often, but when there's an issue, sometimes it's much better explained with a picture....)

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.
    Try coming out of the game without saving. Then when you go back into the game, place a crib in the apartment before your sim goes to hospital and gives birth. This should help to prevent the same issue occurring again.
    If you have saved since it occurred, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the baby was born. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • setsurusetsuru Posts: 3 New Member

Hello
    Try coming out of the game without saving. Then when you go back into the game, place a crib in the apartment before your sim goes to hospital and gives birth. This should help to prevent the same issue occurring again.
    If you have saved since it occurred, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the baby was born. These links explain how to do that....

Thank you! That is very good information to have on hand!

Hello
    If you have saved since it occurred, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the baby was born. These links explain how to do that....

Thank you! That is very good information to have on hand!

You're welcome :)