Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• Options
    GluttonaceGluttonace Posts: 18 New Member
    I'm not sure if it's caused by City Living but napping on the yellow couches in Burners & Builders force cancels the nap and puts your sim in to a glitched sitting position on the floor.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Gluttonace wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's caused by City Living but napping on the yellow couches in Burners & Builders force cancels the nap and puts your sim in to a glitched sitting position on the floor.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    @rosemow, ty for letting me know about the beret :) I checked and it's way up the ladder of the critic's career in the Arts Critic branch. Btw the sim get 2 jackets that are already available in cas. The one that has patterns on it have 4 swatches. The beige and the pink swatches show the same color of jacket.
  • Options
    nathylein123nathylein123 Posts: 30 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    If you can, try aging up the babies.

I couldn't age up the basement-baby.
    If you are unable to do that, try coming out of the game without saving. Then reload the game, and before your sim gives birth, place two cribs in the apartment. This should then prevent the issue occurring again.

Unfortunately had aleady saved the game before noticing
    If you have saved the game, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the birth.

I tried to reload saves. Somehow all save options I had always took me either post-baby or pre-city life so either everything is gone or basement-babe still kicking it downstairs. I will continue playing the family until the kids naturally grow up and see what happens then.
  • Options
    Okay update: Child support took the baby away as soon as I restarted the game.
  • Options
    Mllespider wrote: »
    @rosemow, ty for letting me know about the beret :) I checked and it's way up the ladder of the critic's career in the Arts Critic branch. Btw the sim get 2 jackets that are already available in cas. The one that has patterns on it have 4 swatches. The beige and the pink swatches show the same color of jacket.

Hello
    It would be good to post about the issue with the swatches on this AHQ EA thread link
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-CAS-Swatches-amp-Textures/m-p/5462390#M27599
  • Options
    Hello.
    If you can, try aging up the babies.

I couldn't age up the basement-baby.
    If you are unable to do that, try coming out of the game without saving. Then reload the game, and before your sim gives birth, place two cribs in the apartment. This should then prevent the issue occurring again.

Unfortunately had aleady saved the game before noticing
    If you have saved the game, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the birth.

I tried to reload saves. Somehow all save options I had always took me either post-baby or pre-city life so either everything is gone or basement-babe still kicking it downstairs. I will continue playing the family until the kids naturally grow up and see what happens then.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue.
    Try having your sims move to another apartment and see if that helps the issue. Before moving them though, go into bulld mode on the apartment that you are planning to move to and place two cribs there.
  • Options
    Hello
    Try having your sims move to another apartment and see if that helps the issue. Before moving them though, go into bulld mode on the apartment that you are planning to move to and place two cribs there.

Moving with two cribs in the new apartment worked, I have now to accessible babies.
    I will now refurnish the whole, now empty apartment. Thanks a lot
  • Options
    Hello

Moving with two cribs in the new apartment worked, I have now to accessible babies.
    I will now refurnish the whole, now empty apartment. Thanks a lot

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    simtronellasimtronella Posts: 4 New Member
    Another glitch is that I repair the utility box but power is never restored.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Another glitch is that I repair the utility box but power is never restored.

Another Simmer clicked on the lights to turn on auto-lights and that turned it back on.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simmingaway23simmingaway23 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have an issue where the GeekCon festival never disappeared, and now it is overlapping with the romance festival, all objects and music stations entangled into a hot mess. It seems the area is stuck this way, I've been playing more than a few sim days with no change whatsoever. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? Maybe a cheat to delete objects or somehow reset non-editable areas? I really don't want to make a new save file, I've been playing the same one since July..
  • Options
    I have an issue where the GeekCon festival never disappeared, and now it is overlapping with the romance festival, all objects and music stations entangled into a hot mess. It seems the area is stuck this way, I've been playing more than a few sim days with no change whatsoever. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? Maybe a cheat to delete objects or somehow reset non-editable areas? I really don't want to make a new save file, I've been playing the same one since July..

Hello
    When a festival is next in that location, have your sim attend the festival and remain there completely to the end of the festival . Have him remain there until all the items disappear.
    This should help to fix the issue.
  • Options
    simmingaway23simmingaway23 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hmmm this I haven't tried. I really hope it works, thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Hmmm this I haven't tried. I really hope it works, thanks for the tip!

You're welcome :) Doing that has helped other simmers with the same issue.
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    Dear EA... I am all for an appreciative of "helpful sim playing fans" who want to troubleshoot my game but this is not a question of help ... this is ME reporting to YOU the game bugs I am experiencing and hopefully many others are also replying to this large thread in the hopes you will see our grievances. I really wish some of the helpful folks would please stop cluttering the threads with their hopeful ideas of what not to do in order to temporarily avoid the bugs we are experiencing.

I personally do not want to band-aid or avoid parts of fluidity in my game play to avoid some of the bugs... albeit some are fairly minor they are bugs and they should be addressed.

1. Time warp speed is not reading accurately in fast forward (3). Multiple hoods, neighbors, and even save games.
    2. Visiting neighbors believe the front door is locked. It is not. They can't come in. There is no option to "invite inside". "Unlock" on the door does not have any changed effect as the sims are outside with thought bubbles of locks above their sweet little heads.
    3. Having baby at the hospital is no longer working. Either it ignores the request and the baby is born in the home, or the baby is born in the home then the mother goes to the hospital - whereby nothing happens obviously since the baby is at home - and so to "send home". After City Living was installed there isn't even a notification that the birth is happening... now it just happens and the baby was named miraculously on its own. I literally blinked and wondered what the heck just happened.
    4. Monster bed is worse than ever. It is nightly the little fella wants to come out and play and now he stays for the duration until I go into buy mode and delete the bed. Sim kids are scared constantly and won't go to sleep, its starting to affect their educations!
    5. Festivals are not resetting when a sim leaves the festivals early. Well they aren't resetting period... at least in my game they aren't. The regular food kiosks are not even accessible on the home apartment lots. The only option would be to make a new hood, and avoid leaving an 8 hour long festival to avoid avoid avoid which just isn't realistic.
    6. Option to purchase fireworks missing from Hijinks and Jokester festival. At least my sim could go home and buy them from a computer to fullfill the first and only task objective - but by then too little too late. After the festival had ended my sim child had a reoccurring desire to purchase tea from said festival... however many times I X'ed it out it was not going away without exiting and re-entering the lot.
    7. Action to request visiting neighbors leave is missing. 9 times out of 10 I had at least... the option to individually select each sim and request they leave. There was no event or party happening. They were welcoming my sim to her new apartment and decided to stay - forever...
    8. Decline and Accept to hang out invitation is not working properly. 2 out of 3 times it did not work. Sims just don't seem to even recognize the command once its answered.
    9. Landlord "repaired utility box" but did they really? Sim has no lights, all electricity is non functioning and yes their bills are paid. No option to repair it themselves. Called a repair man... who said all looks good nothing to repair. This.. after purchasing a talking toilet (the less expensive version) to satisfy a want request by my sim. I had not experienced the box breaking prior to the toilet purchase cannot say for sure if it was the toilet that causes the landlord to glitch out or the box.
    10. All in all I like the new ep. I just want to provide my feedback for you along with others who are also experiencing the same exact problems.

Again as much as I appreciate "helpful simmers" this reply from me is not for you and I'm not asking for your helpful advice. I am however wanting to provide feedback to the programmers at EA. I have sourced multiple avenues with my bug list. I play CC free, have all eps/stuffs and I'm a seasoned player since 2001. Thanks for your time and have a great day/eve.
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Had a problem where a key holder was moved in, but time would not speed up when all Sims were asleep. Like a guest was still on lot.

The work around I've found was to revoke key. Neither exiting to main menu nor exiting to desktop and going back in fixed it. Thought I'd share that here in case someone else had the same issue.

Also, the "Invite In" interaction does not always come up. Current work around for this is to initiate conversation and then choosing "Sit and Chat" on a piece of furniture or "Chat Here" on a part of the floor inside the apartment.

Hope these help.
  • Options
    Croxycook wrote: »
    Had a problem where a key holder was moved in, but time would not speed up when all Sims were asleep. Like a guest was still on lot.

The work around I've found was to revoke key. Neither exiting to main menu nor exiting to desktop and going back in fixed it. Thought I'd share that here in case someone else had the same issue.

Also, the "Invite In" interaction does not always come up. Current work around for this is to initiate conversation and then choosing "Sit and Chat" on a piece of furniture or "Chat Here" on a part of the floor inside the apartment.

Hope these help.

Hello
    Thankyou for posting the workarounds that you have found has helped in your game for the issues :) It is helpful of you.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    How about this bug.

SPYi0mM.jpg

It has been in the game for a while now, but is very obvious in apartments where it almost ALWAYS shows up. It's ruining it for me.
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    How about this bug.

It has been in the game for a while now, but is very obvious in apartments where it almost ALWAYS shows up. It's ruining it for me.

Hello
    It would be good to also post feedback on the issue on the Builders Feedback thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787346/build-mode-feedback-for-ea-updated-11-3-16
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    It looks like most of these have been mentioned already but some bugs I'm having include:

- time hopping/getting stuck
    - sims getting stuck on last action
    - sims cancelling actions for no reason
    - repairman not repairing everything on lot
    - lots of freezing/lagging

No CC/Mods - pretty sure it's just City Living as everything was fine before. Loving the new EP though.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    ExxCee wrote: »
    It looks like most of these have been mentioned already but some bugs I'm having include:

- time hopping/getting stuck
    - sims getting stuck on last action
    - sims cancelling actions for no reason
    - repairman not repairing everything on lot
    - lots of freezing/lagging

No CC/Mods - pretty sure it's just City Living as everything was fine before. Loving the new EP though.

Hello
    With the issue with the repairman, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Repairman-doesn-t-repair-all-the-broken-objects/td-p/5670317

With your second and third issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

With the freezing /lagging, if you were previously playing the game in 64 bit mode before the recent patch , try checking to see if the game has reset your settings after the patch back to 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode.
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Then there are options to either change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”
    Try changing it back to 64 bit mode if it has been reset to 32 bit mode.

Try playing in offline mode and see if that helps.

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues.Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain. Don't delete the tray folder though, because the tray folder contains all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library

• Options
    NadehzdiaNadehzdia Posts: 12 New Member
    Skye Fitness doesn't work. I've visited it before and it was fine but now it throws me out of my household and into the neighbourhood menu. I noticed James AKA TheSimSupply had this issue, too.
    Besides that, I get random people coming into my apartment, the landlord hangs around for hours after he's fixed something for me, my neighbours complain when nothing is happening and our relationship with them is poor even though i'll spent ages on getting it back up again.
    The EP just came out, this is not good.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nadehzdia wrote: »
    Skye Fitness doesn't work. I've visited it before and it was fine but now it throws me out of my household and into the neighbourhood menu. I noticed James AKA TheSimSupply had this issue, too.
    Besides that, I get random people coming into my apartment, the landlord hangs around for hours after he's fixed something for me, my neighbours complain when nothing is happening and our relationship with them is poor even though i'll spent ages on getting it back up again.
    The EP just came out, this is not good.

Hello
    With Skye Fitness, does the venue say " incomplete" now? If it does, can you go into build mode and add items to make it complete and does that help? Try first doing this and see if that helps. When did it first start to cause your sim to be thrown back to the menu?

Have you updated to the latest version of MC Command Center mod if you use it? The older versions were causing this issue with venues. . Also changing the number of sims allowed on a lot from the default 20 were causing issues, so check that the setting is back to 20. Then test to see if the issue remains,
    If doing these things helps the issues, it would be good to know what helped.

With the landlord, other simmers also have this occurring. You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Landlord-doesn-t-leave/m-p/5677813#M29554