Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    Not sure if this has been posted here already, but...

I am not receiving any mail in the apartment. My sim has lived there for maybe 3-4 sim weeks now and never once paid rent. I see the mail man coming and putting mail in the other mailboxes, but not in mine. Once I got a message that he could not reach it and threw the mail instead, but I never got any mail then either. Tried repairing the game and it did not help. I shift-clicked to reset the mailbox a few times as well, but it did not do anything.

I can license my songs and that's it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Mysan wrote: »

I am not receiving any mail in the apartment. My sim has lived there for maybe 3-4 sim weeks now and never once paid rent. I see the mail man coming and putting mail in the other mailboxes, but not in mine. Once I got a message that he could not reach it and threw the mail instead, but I never got any mail then either. Tried repairing the game and it did not help. I shift-clicked to reset the mailbox a few times as well, but it did not do anything.

Hello @Mysan
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there and if are then able to pay rent,

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

If the issues remain, type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    households.force_bills_due
    Press enter and see if that helps the issue.
  • nairabellnairabell Posts: 21 New Member
    I'm having a weird bug where paintings, regardless of size or style all sell for 398 simoleons. My sim is now at level 8 painting so it's odd the produced work is still so low in value. She was created for City Living and most of her painting skill came from political murals as opposed to regular painting. I don't have any mods or CC.
    nairabell wrote: »
    I'm having a weird bug where paintings, regardless of size or style all sell for 398 simoleons. My sim is now at level 8 painting so it's odd the produced work is still so low in value. She was created for City Living and most of her painting skill came from political murals as opposed to regular painting. I don't have any mods or CC.

Hello @nairabell
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    edited November 2016
    I play completely without cc and mods in my game, and I've had some bad issues sice installing city living. Some of them are already mentioned here or on other threads, but I wanted to list all my cl bugs in one place.

- freezing. I have to pause the game pretty often to get a sim to finish/start an action.
    - weird time issues. Other sims send invites to dance parties at everything from 8 am to 3 am. This functionality has always been a bit unlogical, but now it appears to be completely out of sync. Also, my teen sim came back home from school just one hour after he left.
    - spawning objects in districts are not disappearing again, and so they stack on top of each other. All the objects from the romance festival are still there three days later.
    - unactive sims in played households (when you play rotation) who are busking at the music stations end up with multiple instruments in their inventories.
    - all the food cooked at restaurants are only poor or normal quality now, even in my own 5 star restaurant where the chefs are fully skilled.
    - sims resetting at meals. Sims are generally reset much more often now, but especially after calling to meal or in bars when grabbing group drinks. So when many sims are eating or drinking at the same time, apparently.

I should maybe mention that I've been playing the same save for a long time now, and I 'll probably start a new one soon to see if that helps.
    edited November 2016
    I play completely without cc and mods in my game, and I've had some bad issues sice installing city living. Some of them are already mentioned here or on other threads, but I wanted to list all my cl bugs in one place.

- freezing. I have to pause the game pretty often to get a sim to finish/start an action.
    - weird time issues. Other sims send invites to dance parties at everything from 8 am to 3 am. This functionality has always been a bit unlogical, but now it appears to be completely out of sync. Also, my teen sim came back home from school just one hour after he left.
    - spawning objects in districts are not disappearing again, and so they stack on top of each other. All the objects from the romance festival are still there three days later.
    - unactive sims in played households (when you play rotation) who are busking at the music stations end up with multiple instruments in their inventories.
    - all the food cooked at restaurants are only poor or normal quality now, even in my own 5 star restaurant where the chefs are fully skilled.

I should maybe mention that I've been playing the same save for a long time now, and I 'll probably start a new one soon to see if that helps.

Hello
    This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to weird texts
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-GT-Weird-Text-Messages/m-p/5022962#M18753

The issue with your teen returning from schooll early can be caused by you going to bulld/buy mode whilst they are at school
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Sims-return-early-from-school-work-while-in-Buy-Mode/td-p/5668697

With the spawning of objects issue, when a festival is next in that location, have your sim attend the festival and remain there completely to the end of the festival . Have him remain there until all the items disappear.
    This should help to fix the issue.
    Also have your sim remain at a festival right to the end when it isn't in the neighbor hood where they live.

Another simmer posted about the issue with the musical instrument. It would be good to make a thread and post about the issue on the AHQ EA site.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

This thread link refers to the food issue at restaurants
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Top-level-chefs-in-restaurant-cooking-poor-quality-food/td-p/5661262

You may like to post feedback on those threads.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I've experienced all of these bugs. Also having an issue where the festival lots are stuck during a festival so objects are becoming overlayed by one another.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    Mysan wrote: »

I'm having a similar issue, but it isn't preventing me from paying my rent. My Sims can still reach the mailbox, but the mailman is still constantly insisting that he can't reach it, often when there isn't even mail that needs delivering. The message just randomly pops up.
  • dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    I am having trouble with 3 bugs in particular:

1. Sims keep resetting during meals/eating
    2. Lot Traits aren't working. I lived in the apartment with "Gremlins" for many sim weeks and nothing happened ever. I moved to the apartment with Ley Lines, only ever had 1 baby (and I had the Fertility boost). I lived in the cheapest apartments, never had power go out or cockroaches...etc. nothing interesting happened.
    3. I keep getting invited places like the Opera and never actually get an option to go. No one ever calls back, there isn't an option on the phone or elevator.

• MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    Just checking here if it's a bug or by design...No stools spawn with the food carts on open aeras or festivals, but 2 stools can be added if on residential lot or venue and sims use them. (anywhere you can build)
  • lyra7519lyra7519 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having an issue with City Living as I have now played 2 sim weeks within the game and no festivals have happened in any save file. Is this an issue many people are having?
    Its not my mods or CC because i have removed everything but it didn't fix the issue.
  • MllespiderMllespider Posts: 33 Member
    Anyone knows where is the beret in cas, the one Miko Ojo has? I played that sim and still can't find the beret in cas.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    dlaribee88 wrote: »

2. Lot Traits aren't working. I lived in the apartment with "Gremlins" for many sim weeks and nothing happened ever. I moved to the apartment with Ley Lines, only ever had 1 baby (and I had the Fertility boost). I lived in the cheapest apartments, never had power go out or cockroaches...etc. nothing interesting happened.
    3. I keep getting invited places like the Opera and never actually get an option to go. No one ever calls back, there isn't an option on the phone or elevator.

1 & 3 are known issues

Do you have any mods in your game ?

How many babies did you have ? It just increases chances, doesn't make it 100%. You might just be unlucky.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2016
    dlaribee88 wrote: »

Hello.
    Other simmers are also having issues when the " call to meal" interaction is used. Also there are issues when a number of sims are trying to get a plate of food at the same time.
    With the third issue, you may like to press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/m-p/5668681#M29246
    With your second issue, it can help to remove the traits. Save the game. Travel to other lot, then back home again. Then select the same lot traits for the apartment again.
  • SerbianPikaSerbianPika Posts: 1 New Member
    The issue I have is not being able to set off fireworks at festivals. Once I click "place in world and light" the action just gets deleted and never occurs. I am using mods.
    lyra7519 wrote: »
    I am having an issue with City Living as I have now played 2 sim weeks within the game and no festivals have happened in any save file. Is this an issue many people are having?
    Its not my mods or CC because i have removed everything but it didn't fix the issue.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

edited November 2016
    Mllespider wrote: »
    Anyone knows where is the beret in cas, the one Miko Ojo has? I played that sim and still can't find the beret in cas.

Hello
    The beret becomes unlocked when you play the art critic career and reach a certain level in the career.
    The issue I have is not being able to set off fireworks at festivals. Once I click "place in world and light" the action just gets deleted and never occurs. I am using mods.

Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • simtronellasimtronella Posts: 4 New Member
    Akira invited me out to the karaoke bar and when I tried to sing a duet with him he was the only sim that was not given as an option to sing a duet with. Everyone else in the bar was available.
    Akira invited me out to the karaoke bar and when I tried to sing a duet with him he was the only sim that was not given as an option to sing a duet with. Everyone else in the bar was available.

Hello
    Try testing to see if the same thing occurs the next time that you want to sing a duet with him. It may not occur the next time.
  • simtronellasimtronella Posts: 4 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try testing to see if the same thing occurs the next time that you want to sing a duet with him. It may not occur the next time.

Okay so I ended the social event, and right after that I was able to sing a duet with him. That's gotta be some sort of glitch right? Seems kind of silly to have a social event where you can't complete the actions.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Okay so I ended the social event, and right after that I was able to sing a duet with him. That's gotta be some sort of glitch right? Seems kind of silly to have a social event where you can't complete the actions.

Hello
    It was probably just a glitch that ocurred. I am sorry that it occurred in your game.
  • nathylein123nathylein123 Posts: 30 New Member
    answering, because I encountered a bug that I THINK is CL specific, too. My sim had twins (yay) but only one baby showed up in the apartment. The other baby is in the sim list and that's it.
    When I click on the missing babys thumbnail it takes me to the very edge of the apartment, as if to scroll down to the ground. That leads me to think the game had somehow a problem taking the baby "up" and it is now in the strange vortex that is called the "ground floor"...

Currently I have no idea as to how to fix it. The baby somehow seems fine, though. Colour indicates the baby just constantly sleeps. As soon as possible, I will try to have a birthday party and see if my sim can choose the vortex-baby and if aging it up fixes anything

• ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member

I've noticed this occurring too. I've wondered if it wasn't because the sim was scheduled to leave the lot at the time of trying to sing a duet with them.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    answering, because I encountered a bug that I THINK is CL specific, too. My sim had twins (yay) but only one baby showed up in the apartment. The other baby is in the sim list and that's it.
    When I click on the missing babys thumbnail it takes me to the very edge of the apartment, as if to scroll down to the ground. That leads me to think the game had somehow a problem taking the baby "up" and it is now in the strange vortex that is called the "ground floor"...

Currently I have no idea as to how to fix it. The baby somehow seems fine, though. Colour indicates the baby just constantly sleeps. As soon as possible, I will try to have a birthday party and see if my sim can choose the vortex-baby and if aging it up fixes anything

Hello.
    If you can, try aging up the babies. If you are unable to do that, try coming out of the game without saving. Then reload the game, and before your sim gives birth, place two cribs in the apartment. This should then prevent the issue occurring again.
    If you have saved the game, try rolling back your save game file to an earlier version before the birth. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1