Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caldey Isle, now has over 2000 downloads!

Comments

• Options
    happyhobbyfarmerhappyhobbyfarmer Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Clayworld said:
    > I can't seem to find the download link. I went to your Simblr site, and I'm totally lost. Sorry to be so very dense.

Same! :)
    Can't wait to check out this beautiful looking world. Thanks stellatoronto!
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    We're jumping the gun, I think! Her post said:
    "I'm now taking new pictures & writing up release notes.
    I'm working today, but I hope to have this accomplished soon. "
    I"m guessing there won't be links until she has finished the notes and posted them.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    Sorry all. I was up most of last night working on the release but had to go to work on short notice.
    Family time now & then I can get back at it.
    If you really need Caldey Isle now....... you can find it here.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Heh! Heh! Can you tell how eager we are? THANK YOU!!! Can't wait to try it!
  • Options
    Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    Wow! Your world is absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
  • Options
    I'm having a small tantrum at present.
    I updated Origin not knowing it would also patch my game!!!
    I have no CAW :s
    Caldey Isle is safe because it was already exported. Dodged a bullet there.
    I uninstalled Origin, I was so mad. Of courser I'll have to reinstall before I can play again.
    Me thinks the new patch breaking things wasn`t an accident.

Anyway.....I`m off to reinstall Origin so I can get back in game :/
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    Sorry you ran into the 'update from h-e-double hockey sticks', Stella. Sending positive energy you can get your game up and running in no time ;)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I uninstalled Origin, I was so mad. Of courser I'll have to reinstall before I can play again.

oh...that is awful!!! Glad the world was safe, but I do hope you have the original disk so you will still have CAW.
  • Options
    oh no, sorry that happened to you! Anyway to revert it?
    I really hope they fix that soon, it just doesn't seem right at all. I wonder if that's why some other worlds have stopped getting updates (Coventry for example)...hmm.
    I'm glad you exported your world, and thank you, thank you for sharing the beta link - I've been playing most of the day, I'm hooked, it's amazing. :)
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    So sorry to read that you have lost CAW at the moment :'( but very happy that Caldey Isle is safe :) !!! ... This is an absolutely AWESOME world StellaToronto ... I have played for hours today and only scratched the surface of what this beautiful world has to offer. Thank you sooo much for all your effort you've put into this creation and sharing it with the simming community!!! :) x
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    OH NO!!!!! Another reason I am so glad I have not updated! Glad to hear your world is safe, it is a wonderful world! just had time to take a quick look around but WOW! I love it! great job!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Caldey Isle is now officially released. Info & download links can be found first post of this thread.
    Have fun & happy simming :smiley:
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member

Oh dear! I'm so sorry. I was able to update Origin without installing the latest Sims 3 patch. It can be done, but you have to be fast. Adjust it in Application Settings in Origin and make sure automatic updates are not enabled in the Sims 3 Launcher. I'm sorry to say you'll have to reinstall Sims 3 and very, very carefully avoid the patch. That's if you have hard copies, if you got your game and EPs through Origin, you may be stuck.

Do a google search and you'll find more detailed instructions. I agree with you, it was no accident they made the patch break so much. They want to move everyone on to Sims 4.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    This is how I uninstalled the new patch: you need a base game hard disk and the super Patch file that goes up to patch 1.67. If you have the store installed like me, copy and put aside the download content patch and ccmergedfiles from Documents. I have all store stuff I own in install form in a file.

Procedure: Go off line. Uninstall Base Game only. Uninstall Origin completely (I have basegame on hard and digital; the rest on digital via origin). Reinstall base game from disk. install superpatch 1.67 which you had downloaded. If needed put the content patch file back into the sims file. The ccmerged file must be in DCBackup (if you own all premium stuff it's 19 kb)

Game does need base game disk to run now, but all is well.

This is what worked for me. I also recommend downloading and using (simple learning curve) Delphy's Multi installer for sims 3; all my library files (lots, households) and all my mod files (mods, cc, sims for the sims bin) are all in package format now. That allows you to insert and remove all that content at will.

MTS is rich with sim programs: Delphy's Custard, Delphy's Dashboard, and I also have a package viewer that works when online.

Always check that no boxes allowing updates or sharing info with EA or Origin are checked (launcher and options tab). Play off line.

This is terse, I know. Any queries on details I'll try to research but google first to find most things. Mod the sims programs you can find wonderfully through Google. MTS's own search engine is not very helpful.

Anyway, this was my approach and all is well. Clayworld's technique sounds better but I didn't read it in time and not too sure I understand it. I'll give any info about what all these programs do for me (I use them fairly minimally, I'm not a programmer and I don't mess with scripts)

Enjoy Caldey! StellaToronto worked extremely hard on this world with fantastic results!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hi Clayworld.
    Whoever's advising EA on marketing strategy really doesn't get how actual human's work :/
    Intentionally breaking something I love will make me invest more in the company that broke it. Sound reasoning there O_O
    I'll get my CAW back. There's still too many worlds cluttering up my imagination left to build ;)

Hi sharonxyz.
    Thanks for the instructions. They will help quiet the silent screaming as I reinstall base & manually patch.
    I've had to uninstall a patch a couple of times in the past. I don't let launcher automatic update & try to avoid the launcher on principle.
    The latest Origin patch went above & beyond in it's attempt to give the consumer the best possible service :|

Today I can't be sad :smiley:
    Caldey Isle's getting lots of love.
    The release post has hundreds of notes on my Simblr & over 100 downloads in the first 9 hrs.
    Feels like the first day of kindergarten; I'm hoping my little one does well & makes friends.
    Thanks for all the love & care you've put into testing Caldey. I haven't forgotten about Lallybroch. It's next on my to do list.
    Post edited by StellaToronto on
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Don't get me started on how EA treats loyal fans. I've been a fan since 2000, but I think Sims 3 is the end of the line for me. I hope you get your CAW sorted out. The best of luck. I'm looking forward to playing with your world.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you annnnnd thank you!

I can't wait to finally get my mitts on this beautiful world, thank you again for your hard work and the love and time you've poured into this. It really shows. :)
  • Options
    In 7 days there's been 384 downloads of Caldey Isle :o:smiley:
    Now, I finally get to just play for a little while.
    I've been adding store content, CC & making new Sims to populate my Caldey.
    Here's a few new pics from my game.
    tumblr_o0heerfhfQ1tx9oqzo2_540.jpg
    The Mallory Brothers arrive on Caldey Isle to start a new life.
    tumblr_o0heerfhfQ1tx9oqzo3_540.jpg
    Fraternal twins Connor & Corrin Mallory
    tumblr_o0heerfhfQ1tx9oqzo4_540.jpg
    Connor's not so sure the agrarian life is such a good idea.
    tumblr_o0heerfhfQ1tx9oqzo1_540.jpg
    Corrin's not making a good impression on the neighbours.

Momma would love to see what you've been up to with Caldey Isle.
    There's been no questions, bug reports (still bugs to fix), comments or pictures yet :*
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm having a blast adding store and CC too. Only issue I ran into so far was that I could not use the equestrian center properly - but I have the equestrian center rabbit hole rug from Misty, so problem solved :smiley: .
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hey @StellaToronto the ship, where did you get that? I am sure it is probably 3rd party CC but it would look good in Stormwind Harbor!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @happyhobbyfarmer
    The Equestrian center was always an issue. You have to teleport rider & horse to the basement to access it.
    I use the rabbit hole doors(rugs); I placed the empty room behind basement stairs in barn for conversion to hexameter RH door (4x10).
    Have fun tricking out the world :smile:

@flstrider
    The ship is a photo editing cheat ;)
    It`s actually the restaurant rabbit hole from Barnacle Bay; used as a shell to hides a structure matching deck levels.
    The crows nest level is not practical (only for pictures).
    MTS has a CAS version of this RH available here
    Post edited by StellaToronto on
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    I am loving this world!! Caldey is beautiful in all seasons, my favorite being Winter. The world loads fast and runs without lag issues. It is small enough to be comfortable and large enough to accommodate a legacy. Why there are only 384 down loads, when this world is the best I have seen in a long time. There is so much you can do with this world, not just a era theme, but any thing, even a modern theme with an older world look.
    I have seen a few issues, as you can see by the first photo, there are some minor lot tearing in and around the water area's(docks). It doesn't bother me though. I added a few shops to the area, a bakery and tea room. I am having a problem with npc's dressing in space suits, lol. Ruins my era theme. Below are just a few quick Photo's.
    English_zpsgvovkawn.png?1452105490198&1452105490839[img][/img]Dinner_zpslpoz5rmm.png?1452105490199&1452105490840.Painter_zpsljwjrtgw.png?1452105490194&1452105490837[img][/img]Homeless_zpsg1x0anvj.png?1452105490196&1452105490838[img][/img]
  • Options
    MizbuttsMizbutts Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow what a wonderful map! I'm just getting to play it now :smiley: I will post pictures and such when I can!

Edit:
    I've started my game with Robold and his sister Salem Blair. (That's Ro-Bold, not Rob-Old!) Robold's a farmer and Salem's a witch, cause why not? They also brought a beautiful horse named Jumper Blue and a black cat named Lallipoo...Don't ask, it was Salem's choice.

Here's a tiny album of Robold's trip to market: imgur com/a/OISSG

Also I'm not really too british/colonial colony and such minded so I'm treating the world as a sort of medieval-ish reenactment community, and the people walking around in normal clothes are tourists.
    Post edited by Mizbutts on
  • Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    OMG I could kiss you for this world!
  • Options
    Today the total of downloads was 467 :o

@Moinesse
    Those micro tears are a pain.
    Even without any additional sculpting or road smoothing they still randomly show up.
    Ive tried all the usual fixes, still no joy. They`re even more noticeable when it snows :(
    Love your pictures. I can see you`ve been busy exploring the island.

Mizbutts
    Thanks for the thumbs up :)
    Looking forward to seeing what you make of Caldey.

Cendres13
    Aaaah shucks. You`re making me blush :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top