Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    sweetangel20_98sweetangel20_98 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have no problems downloading things bought from the store my error's are coming from trying to download things from the exchange. Not sure why i just bought the computer it's only about 6 months old and i have windows 7. I get tired of looking at the errors from exchanged items.
  • Options
    DerpinatorDerpinator Posts: 12
    edited August 2010
    I downloaded some stuff from the store today. I got five hair items, two shirts, and the Riverview town. The downloading process went perfectly fine for all of these things, but when I started my game none of them were on it. When I open my launcher, it shows them in the downloads folder and they're supposedly successfully installed. I have absolutely no idea how to approach this.
    Answers or suggestions would be immensely appreciated.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

Windows XP Home (5.1, Build 2600)
    Collector's Edition + World Adventures + High End Loft Stuff + Ambitions
    All Banged Up, 3 Tiers For You!, Lucky Duckie, Big Bully, Just in Jest Hat (male & female)
    There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details. from launcher
    ISP is Hughesnet satellite.

I have not been able to download store items since July 1, 2010. I click to download, the launcher pops up in the foreground and then sits there for awhile before the popup with the aforementioned error appears. Because my ISP has bandwidth restrictions I have to download larger items between 1 and 6 am. I will have to try to stay awake until 1 am to download the latest patch to see if it has any impact on this issue.

I forgot to mention that I use Google Chrome as my browser.

UPDATE: I patched to version 4.2.32.007001 and I still have the problem. It starts to download, the little green arrow even shows up in the launcher saying it is downloading and then it aborts and pops up the error message.

Does anyone know where I can find this "Log"? I searched for it and couldn't find it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    WhisperDharmaWhisperDharma Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Mac OS X 10.5.8
    Base game + WA
    Cannot download anything purchased, gifted or from the exchange
    What version of the game are you running? 2.9.10.007001
    No error message; just doesn't do anything
    AT&T Broadband internet; Firefox browser

Stopped reading this thread at end of page 9. Will continue reading in a bit to see if a solution has been found.

Thanks Hydra!

ETA: Problem started after installing WA which required me to install the update. I also noticed it is not popping up the launcher as it did before.

Editing AGAIN to add: I tried to download from the exchange using the Save As option and it popped up the window asking me how to handle (i.e. save or open with Sims 3). I said to open with Sims 3 (launcher already open) and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    patstatspatstats Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2010

Mac OS 10.5.8

WA & AMB. HEL was removed because it is problematic.

Today's Daily Deal: Pump Me new pumps

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well. Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Error 18. I cannot upload a screenshot to this forum, but I have one.

My usual workaround doesn't seem to work with this one today. My workaround involves downloading from my browser without the game being launched. The browser typically will open the game and then the download will begin. Today, it's error 18. That's a new one!
    Simmering since the beginning!
  • Options
    lleighindianalleighindiana Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Editing AGAIN to add: I tried to download from the exchange using the Save As option and it popped up the window asking me how to handle (i.e. save or open with Sims 3). I said to open with Sims 3 (launcher already open) and it worked just fine.

I don't get that option? I have had this trouble for months. There was one point where I was able to mysteriously download (I think it was after I bought the HEL stuff pack or maybe WA) but then it went right back to not being able to download. Same message- "error downloading content see log for details" etc. That was in May I think...so I have been unable to download anything for three months.

I have both expansions and the stuff pack
    Currently running 4.2.32.007001
    I connect via satellite internet.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    nnnnatalinnnnatali Posts: 102 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

For statistics:
    platform Windows Xp SP3
    The Sims3 + WA, HELS, AMB
    version 4.2.32.007001
    Not downloads from scriptlinks:
    - Urban Avenger Vintage
    - Suspending Suspenders
    - The Betty Blouse Vintage
    - R&R Vintage
    - Pump Me
    browser - Explorer 8, Firefox, Opera - it is indifferent, it is not error from browser, it is error from The Sims3 Launcher, when it open ssilk from javascript. Not error message , downloads do not appear on launcher or 1kb with a red circle wit a line in the "status" section.
    Andere predmets from mu "Purchase History" - redownloads today without problems.
    The Support has answered me with the detailed instruction on game reinstallation.
  • Options
    MrMarquisMrMarquis Posts: 10
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

Windows 7

World Adventures, High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions

Anything from the store,I have purchases waiting to be downloaded that go back to May, including the Ford Fiesta pack, the Ambitions bonus items, and various Dr. Pepper items.

There was an error while downloading, please see the log for more details.

Hughes Net Satellite

• Options
    BillionfoldBillionfold Posts: 7
    edited August 2010
    I also use Hughesnet Satellite internet.
  • Options
    WhisperDharmaWhisperDharma Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Is there not some way for EA to implement a Save As option for Store items like that which is available for Exchange items?

• Options
    Angelus2104Angelus2104 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have windows 7
    Got the sims3, world adventures and ambitions.
    Trying to download the wedding pack.
    Version 4.2.32.007001
    Download error says theres a problem with the download and to check the log.

Only started having this problem since the last update.

Keep trying to download the items but not getting anywhere.
  • Options
    bgpss133133bgpss133133 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2010
    How do you run the game without admin?
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2010
    My bet is that it's due to our ping (Ping Plotter will give you yours to the EA site if you care to know that on sat. it's 2000 or more miliseconds) Satallite has a very high latency and, that cannot be helped because our signal cannot travel beyond the speed of light. It must go from our dish to the sky, to the gateway, back to the sky or to it's destination if ground routing is closests from our assinged gateway. Then reverse the mess to get to us again, that is generally 20 to 50 hops and at least two trips into or from space. If we get to 500 MS we hit it right with no other trafic anywhere enroute. DSL averages 300 ms or less, while 1500-1700 is our average, 3000 at worst and 500 at best for us.

That makes some DL servers think our connection is too unstable for it to allow the download. Our connection is quite stable, weather and ISP maint. excepted) Just had a high latency is all but, serves can't see why we have that latency so, think it's due to disconnect - reconnect, or try to reset the connection to speed us up, which fiails of course so, we cant DL because the server thinks we have an unstable connection.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    LadyIvoryLadyIvory Posts: 76 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows Vista on an ACER computer
    World Adventures and the Base Game
    The Adrenaline Rush set, the GOAL! set, and some items (hairs and a bathing suit) from the Sun, Surf and Sand set.
    I get the red crossed circle on the item in my launcher, then you hover over it it says: We're sorry, but the product can not be downloaded at this time.Please try again later.
    I'm using a wireless modem from Bell, but what I find strange is other items I have bought from the store (other clothing from older sets) were able to download fine into my launcher, as do exchange items, preaps there is a glitch in the new items?

• Options
    lleighindianalleighindiana Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hmmm I got an exchange Lot to download today, but still no success at the store. I really want the career bundle!
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hmm.. I see quite a few people with Hughesnet are having problems too. I wouldn't say that 3k ms is the worst. I've been known to get way higher than that. I have to reload every third page because it fails to load.

Does anyone know if there has been a resolution for this issue? Or if there is another way to download the files (like to save as and then install them as we can with items from the exchange?)

One of the reasons that the Sims games appealed to me was because I didn't have to worry about my internet connection being bad. I often play the game when my internet isn't working (which happens more often than it should- most of it is because of software issues with the modem- the TCP acceleration keeps going out).

I will be very bummed if I have to miss out on things because of my ISP...
  • Options
    VanyaVanya Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I was having the same problem with the Ultimate career bundle and some other store items. After updating my game and computer, it still weren't working. Finally I updated and reinstalled EADM. After re-downloading the items I could install. (I had to re-download, it wouldn't let me install the ones I already had downloaded.)
    I hope this works for others :)
  • Options
    SarawennSarawenn Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    -What platform/OS are you using?
    WINDOWS 7

-Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    Only the Base Game and World Adventures

-What items are you trying to download?
    Riverview, hairstyles and furniture from the Store, and Exchange Lots. Nothing works. :(

_What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)

-What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    "There was an error Downloading Content please see the log"

• Options
    laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I sure wish they would fix this, so I could justify buying Ambitions.
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited August 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? Windows Vista

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? WA,HELS and Ambitions

What items are you trying to download? Gothique Set

What version of the game are you running? 4.2.32.007001

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? Not getting an error message, just won't load.

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2010
    3k, Yeah not horrible for atallite but, a lot od download serves want 300 or less, so it is horrible to those servers.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    CheshireKateCheshireKate Posts: 37
    edited August 2010
    I'm running Windows 7, have every EP and SP so far installed (some custom content as well, if that matters.) I'm trying to download, well, everything I've purchased so far from the Sims store. There's a whoooole lot of them. I'm running 4.2.32.007017. No error message pops up. The launcher appears like it normally would during a download, but the "downloads" page remains blank and the item I'm trying to download never appears and/or downloads. My internet and computer have been running fine.

• Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

What platform/OS are you using? > Windows Vista Home Basic

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? > All of them

What items are you trying to download? The Outdoor Castle Set

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)> 4.2.32.007001

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? > I am not receiving any error messages. This particular set simply doesn't download. The launcher comes up, but that is it. I tried to download via the game as well. Also via download dashboard. The items are listed there individually, but not as a set. I tried to download items from downloads dashboard separately, some installed, and some didn't. Just stuck on the word 'Downloading'. A couple of the items from the set got to 98% & just stuck there.

A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

stuckw.jpg

Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.>

DSL Pro, never probs, very fast installing stuff usually. The items that *did* install, did so within a couple of seconds.

I have read about the problems d/ling, but I haven't had any problems with anything except for this set. I have a lot of the stuff from the store, I definitely feel (at least for me) it is this set only.
    Also can't download from purchase history because it is listed there, as a set instead of the individual items like I was hoping.

Sys specs

Intel quad core at 2.4 ghz each
    4 gigs of memory
    NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS

Game runs smooth and looks awesome with all settings on high and doesn't bat an eye.

Did I lose my sim points, and pretty please don't make me deal with customer support LOL o.O
  • Options
    allyvantelliallyvantelli Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Windows Vista

All EP's and SP's

What items are you trying to download? Castle Set

What version of the game are you running? 4.2.32.007001

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    Launcher loads just fine, but the download just doesn't start. Now, I just tried another item, one of the free items and just the other day I was able to download the fairy set - both downloaded just fine. It just seems to not like this castle set (exterior). Of course I have not yet purchased any other items just yet as this has just started happening to me and I don't waste my Sim points if it's not going to let me download anymore.

• Options
    chaunceyboychaunceyboy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Must be an awesome job trying to fix this. I really want this fixed so I can use my real life money to buy new clothes for my fake people. It's my escape. Please don't make me have to live my real life. Please...