Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Hmm, good point. Maybe a screenshot of the child eating cake or cookies or soemting and belo itwrite something like "Mom said these were for the dinner party, but I took some anyway."
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    new chapter

KhcUSmu.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 5
    Want to put my feelers out here: I want to nominate challenge rulesets to be migrated to the new forum but I don't know where to start. Challenges mean a lot to me. I think it's important because it prevents the official forums from just feeling like corporate slop (same with stuff like building challenges, modeling challenges, etc. but I never participated in that side of the community)

I'm fortunate in that my favorite rulesets have been hosted elsewhere so let's make sure everyone is that secure!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Want to put my feelers out here: I want to nominate challenge rulesets to be migrated to the new forum but I don't know where to start. Challenges mean a lot to me. I think it's important because it prevents the official forums from just feeling like corporate slop (same with stuff like building challenges, modeling challenges, etc. but I never participated in that side of the community)

I'm fortunate in that my favorite rulesets have been hosted elsewhere so let's make sure everyone is that secure!

I think this is really important, Tripp! I've noticed that many of the challenge threads have been nominated. You might check to see it any you especially value haven't been nominated and nominate them.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited March 7
    CathyTea wrote: »

I think this is really important, Tripp! I've noticed that many of the challenge threads have been nominated. You might check to see it any you especially value haven't been nominated and nominate them.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't have much time left but I'm gonna trawl the already nominated challenge list to see what's left hanging. The thread's not as useful if it's just dead links.

ETA: This is what I have so far! I'm gonna spend tomorrow doing the same for TS3 challenges, at least to some extent. I encourage anyone to add any other ruleset they'd hate to see go.
    Post edited by InfraGreen on

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    It feels very weird that we're about to be writing posts and updates that won't make it into the new forums! Anyway. Generation V Chapter Seventeen: New Beginnings

Melody and Noah graduate from High School and embark on their adult lives with some big changes on the horizon. Kressida's daycare takes off and she gets to wear her mother of the groom hat for the first time! It looks like Noah and Orion are making waves with the daughters of a certain other Great Family...

Screenshot-26-4.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    I will probably be reviving my old Random Legacy thread so I have all my posts together in preparation for the move, but I'll still post chapters here. I was originally posting in both, then decided it was easier to just post only in this thread. Anyway, here's the latest chapter of Life is Random:

[url=" https://museurania462371994.wordpress.com/2024/03/07/peters-6-3-all-alone/"]6.3 All Alone[/url]
    image.png
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 9
    As I wrote in my story thread, I stopping updating in here because I'm probably not going to join the new forum, but in case some of you are still reading, Chapter 43.1: Midnight Blues is out ❤️

pic1.jpg
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    As I wrote in my story thread, I stopping updating in here because I'm probably not going to join the new forum, but in case some of you are still reading, Chapter 43.1: Midnight Blues is out ❤️

pic1.jpg

I'll miss you :heartbreak: (despite following you in like five other places) Everyone else please follow Siriana on Wordpress for quality storytelling.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 10
    I'll miss you :heartbreak: (despite following you in like five other places) Everyone else please follow Siriana on Wordpress for quality storytelling.

Thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️ You'll definitely still see me around everywhere else 😂
    Post edited by SirianaSims on
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Eighteen: Unplanned Alliances

The twins and Cosmo graduate High School, marking the beginning of the transition from Kressida to Persephone. Meanwhile, Noah and her twin brother are forced through a summit of the Goth and Evergreen families as their relationships with Cassandra Goth's granddaughters heat up. Will the boys be able to convince Mildred and Tilly's father to let them pursue his daughters?

Screenshot-15-3.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,381 Member
    @SirianaSims I can relate to your sense of loss. I also hate change. Especially from something I feel comfortable with.
    However, I want to say that after surviving a traumatic forum closure in 2018, I have to realize afterward that I have come out stronger. I would never have found my English-speaking network if it hadn't happened. We can never predict what the future holds. Am I advocating that you not give up on a new forum beforehand? I probably do :joy:
    I will no doubt continue to follow Julia and Paul's fortunes on WP. I have become very attached to their fate. Thank you for sharing your links here until now or I would never have found your story.
  • Options
    New chapter of Life is Random is up. Studying is so much more fun with a friend and better still a lover.
    6.4 Starting University
    image.png
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Nineteen: The Legacy

The daycare flourishes and Quentin graduates from boarding school. Rumour has it, Melody and her boyfriend will be taking the next step in their relationship but before we find out Cosmo has something to ask Persephone! It's time for Kressida to pass the baton with the traditional walk down legacy lane.

ch.19-Screenshot-22.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Twenty: From Generations to Pets

Kressida finishes her part of the story with a chapter that wraps up not just her own tale, but what becomes of her children as they embark on adulthood. Before Persephone can take the reins, watch as Louis and Melody become parents, Noah and Orion become husbands, and Quentin and Rhysand embark on bachelor life downtown. I truly loved writing this generation so much and can't wait to see Generation VI begin on Wednesday!

Screenshot4.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Tomomi and Lucero are officially engaged though still students in Life is Random 6.5 Engaged!

aqnUc42.png
    image.png
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Tomomi and Lucero are officially engaged though still students in Life is Random 6.5 Engaged!

aqnUc42.png

I couldn't help but snort in amusement at seeing those two get engaged surrounded by gym equipment :D
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    I am so excited that Generation VI has started today! If you're a fan of the Pets expansion pack, this one is for you. It was a difficult one to shoot but it was a fun story to write, I hope you enjoy.

Generation VI Chapter One: The Fairytale Finder

Persephone begins her journey as the newest heir and Caretaker of Sunset Valley. It isn't long before her big sister's role on the Council means she has an offer she can't refuse. Can she and Cosmo take their esteemed family to even higher heights?

EG-6-1-7.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey everyone, since these forums will be closing down, I'm not sure who is still here. I thought I'd drop a post, say hello, and let you know that you can stay in touch and follow my stuff via the links in my signature below.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hey everyone, since these forums will be closing down, I'm not sure who is still here. I thought I'd drop a post, say hello, and let you know that you can stay in touch and follow my stuff via the links in my signature below.

Hiya! I just read a great blog post from Em that helps me feel a lot better about the forum migration: https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/2024/03/23/the-end-of-an-era/

I think we'll be able to find community on the new forums, too! Looking forward to seeing you all there! It's people, not platforms, that make community (though platforms can certainly facilitate!).
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Been a few days, I know, but the next chapter of Life is Random is ready.
    6.6 Family Gathering
    image.png
  • Options
    Generation VI Chapter Three: Chasing Dreams

Persephone's recurring dream continues to plague her. She sets out learning to ride one of the horses while Cosmo decides he wants to build an Ark of his own. The last of her siblings graduate from boarding school and come home!

EG-6-3-6.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    I've decided to just summarize the highlights of the last two terms of University, which is why it took me so long to finish the next chapter of Life is Random. But 6.7 Round Two is now up.
    image.png
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Hi, guys! I have just learned that the forums will be closing down and I am quite devastated. I know I haven't been terribly active around here lately, so most of you probably don't know me, but I have been lurking from time to time and I am still going to miss this!

Is there any way to stay in touch? :disappointed:

• Options
    Hello! I hope you're all doing well <3 I was away on holiday for the past week so thought I'd summarise the updates from last week and today in case anyone had missed them. I can't believe we're almost half way through Gen VI already!

Generation VI Chapter Five: Game Faces

Persephone realises what the town Council have been up to and seeks advice from Melody. A new look and a new attitude gives Nightfall the spotlight she deserves.

EG-6-5-12.jpg

Generation VI Chapter Six: Happily Ever After

Persephone and Cosmo's big day finally arrives but not without magical intervention and traditional words of wisdom from the mother of the bride...

EG-6-6-8.jpg

Generation VI Chapter Seven: On the Hunt

Following the mystical events of her wedding night, Persephone begins her hunt for her elusive unicorn. A new friend reveals more than our Caretaker bargained for and Cosmo's ark fills up with two new additions!

EG-6-7-10-1.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top