Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea you might want to check the annoucment about this forum closing in July

    Gosh, this is really sad to me that the forums will be closing. Lots of us have our stories on WordPress or other blogs, so we're OK. But think about all those people who have their work here!

    Gosh.

    How many of you are thinking about being active in the new forums?

    It would be nice to keep up connections with each other.

    I know I'm not here often, recently, but I always think of these forums like home, and I have felt comfort and happiness knowing I can pop in when I want. I hope that the new forums will be able to create that same type of community for us.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

    Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    @CathyTea you were the first person I thought of when I got the news!! I remember the good old days in 2015-16 when I was here more than I was anywhere else! 😂 I personally think the forums themselves are such a tiny piece of the puzzle, it’s us that make the community what it is and I think if we want to we can rebuild over there, maybe even bigger and better than ever!

    I am so sad to see this era come to an end and the whole “nothing after March will be transferred” so four months worth of conversations will be lost makes me a little confused. However, I really hope people will make the jump so we don’t lose what we have built 🩷
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 20
    @CathyTea I think it has gotten behind everyone. It is my plan that I join a new Forum. There is much in the way the closure is being handled that makes me hopeful. Among other things. that you can suggest important content to be migrated.
    Like you, I have my stories on WordPress, but it is still sad and not without losses :cry:
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea you were the first person I thought of when I got the news!! I remember the good old days in 2015-16 when I was here more than I was anywhere else! 😂 I personally think the forums themselves are such a tiny piece of the puzzle, it’s us that make the community what it is and I think if we want to we can rebuild over there, maybe even bigger and better than ever!

    I am so sad to see this era come to an end and the whole “nothing after March will be transferred” so four months worth of conversations will be lost makes me a little confused. However, I really hope people will make the jump so we don’t lose what we have built 🩷
    @CathyTea I think it has gotten behind everyone. It is my plan that I join a new Forum. There is much in the way the closure is being handled that makes me hopeful. Among other things. that you can suggest important content to be migrated.
    Like you, I have my stories on WordPress, but it is still sad and not without losses :cry:

    Yeah, we can build something beautiful on the new forums!

    I guess it's just the ending of an era that feels a bit sad.

    Plus, so much went into this! So many friendships, so many threads! Book club! Feedback threads! Friendship Bench! Oh, and Reading Circles!

    And then there were so many people who posted their entire stories here, and lots of threads that had collabs and other types of story shares.

    I like what you both said about starting something new at the new forums, so we'll definitely have to give that a go! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

    Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited February 21
    @CathyTea @lizzielilyy @MonaSolstraale What makes this place so special lives in us, the community, not the software. I have seen so many of the people I see as my friends and family talking about their hopes and plans post-move. That eases so much of my apprehension about the changes ahead. This community is my refuge. No matter what the world throws at me I can come here and find friends, family, fellow travelers, soulmates, and affirmation.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @CathyTea

    Well, you know the saying:

    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. :)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea you might want to check the annoucment about this forum closing in July

    Gosh, this is really sad to me that the forums will be closing. Lots of us have our stories on WordPress or other blogs, so we're OK. But think about all those people who have their work here!

    Gosh.

    How many of you are thinking about being active in the new forums?

    It would be nice to keep up connections with each other.

    I know I'm not here often, recently, but I always think of these forums like home, and I have felt comfort and happiness knowing I can pop in when I want. I hope that the new forums will be able to create that same type of community for us.

    my SimLit isn't done so I still have to be a bit active.. but in the mean time maybe you could take a glance at some of my Swanson SimLit thread-the newer thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008354/swanson-legacy-discussion-thread-updated-12-18#latest ?

    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Generation V Chapter Thirteen Part III: Teenage Kicks

    Three teens become five as Kressida’s lifetime wish is realised and she is rewarded with a free vacation! Of course a parent and baby sibling-free house means her eldest children remain on their best behaviour…

    podw7ad1hvwq.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Jyoti's alien baby has been born and welcomed into the family...or has she?
    Chapter 29

    MgTB4MP.png
    image.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    @friendsf
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea you might want to check the annoucment about this forum closing in July

    Gosh, this is really sad to me that the forums will be closing. Lots of us have our stories on WordPress or other blogs, so we're OK. But think about all those people who have their work here!

    Gosh.

    How many of you are thinking about being active in the new forums?

    It would be nice to keep up connections with each other.

    I know I'm not here often, recently, but I always think of these forums like home, and I have felt comfort and happiness knowing I can pop in when I want. I hope that the new forums will be able to create that same type of community for us.

    I'm already on AHQ a lot, just need to remember to start visiting the main forum, not just the help threads.
    image.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 25
    @friendsfan367 I think you'll get a kick out of this. :rofl: Was trying to remember which building a particular family lived in and saw this.
    HKnuXm6.png

    And by a 1 in 26 chance, he's A(xel) Bender.
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited February 27
    new chapter
    f5gpSMi.png
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 29
    Generation V Chapter Fourteen: Lessons Learned

    In the aftermath of rebellion, Kressida's teenagers make their amends while their eldest brother graduates High School and embarks on adulthood. Time waits for no Caretaker as we bid farewell to a fond favourite.

    Screenshot-30-1.jpg
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 25
    Tara has aged up to infant, and I may have gone a little overboard with the new vitiligo skin details. :)
    zLW1beu.png

    Chapter 30
    image.png
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 26
    Finally, after my schedule calmed down and I was able to get some time to play, I'll have a new chapter of the Rossi Legacy coming out later today. I've also been working on another story. I have a light teaser image for it lol.

    EDIT: Chapter 3 is live! Rossi Legacy Chapter 3: How Quickly We Move

    EC62haO.png

    The Inheritance has gone live. Check it out!

    Post edited by Chrinnie on
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I decided to update my blog Theme since the old one wouldn't let me edit it in the editor. New one works with blocks. If anyone wants to have a look and let me know what they think, I'd appreciate it.
    image.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I decided to update my blog Theme since the old one wouldn't let me edit it in the editor. New one works with blocks. If anyone wants to have a look and let me know what they think, I'd appreciate it.

    I really like the way that the individual posts look, SimTresa. The background color is nice, and the font looks good. Layout is good. I wonder if you have other options for the home page. Can you add an image to it?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

    Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    edited February 27
    CathyTea wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I decided to update my blog Theme since the old one wouldn't let me edit it in the editor. New one works with blocks. If anyone wants to have a look and let me know what they think, I'd appreciate it.

    I really like the way that the individual posts look, SimTresa. The background color is nice, and the font looks good. Layout is good. I wonder if you have other options for the home page. Can you add an image to it?

    Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
    The preview showed images, so I should be able to. Just have to pick images and figure out how to get it to let me. Probably will use featured images for each chapter.
    image.png
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Generation V Chapter Fifteen: Night at the Proms

    It's Prom Night! Lots of photos and lots of dates for our teenagers!

    Screenshot-89.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    how could I show spoiled in Sims 4 besides mean girl behaviour? Since that's the only thing I can think of
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    anyone here?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    How old is the sim? If you have Parenthood, you can have a child constantly beg for new toys then show them playing with the toy. Any age: Parents constantly giving them new stuff. Getting away with things that would get another sim in trouble. Are you going for simple spoiled here or the entitled type? Like: Sim sees other sim with new tablet/toy/fancy coffee. Sim thinks: I want it! Sim takes thing and insists it's theirs. Sim denies theft because they're prettier/smarter/younger/older/richer than other sim and thus more deserving. Sim is shocked other sim doesn't agree and wants thing back.
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    How old is the sim? If you have Parenthood, you can have a child constantly beg for new toys then show them playing with the toy. Any age: Parents constantly giving them new stuff. Getting away with things that would get another sim in trouble. Are you going for simple spoiled here or the entitled type? Like: Sim sees other sim with new tablet/toy/fancy coffee. Sim thinks: I want it! Sim takes thing and insists it's theirs. Sim denies theft because they're prettier/smarter/younger/older/richer than other sim and thus more deserving. Sim is shocked other sim doesn't agree and wants thing back.


    a child/teen because the Gen 8 will be a gender reverse Beauty and the Beast
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    Hm,; a chid/teen who has never been told no maybe? That would count as spoiled.
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited March 2
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Hm,; a chid/teen who has never been told no maybe? That would count as spoiled.

    but how could I get that across with sims? Since I need to show pictures that she's spoiled to get the point across. I guess in teens years I can use the shopping poses I guess.
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top