Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,888 Member
    Question about the new forums which may be answered down the line - will there be an app for mobile users? My biggest (and probably only) gripe with these forums is having to go onto a browser from my phone and it being quite a poor mobile experience. I always thought a forum app would make a massive difference to user experience.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited February 14
    @EA_Cade
    What happens to the screenshots in the nominated threads? Will they be deleted or moved with the thread?

In the German forum we were able to upload screenshots directly from our PC, we didn't have to use Imgur or any other host.
    In the thread they look like this:
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/n8/bvtlwe7x46m6.png[/img]

Will these screenshots transfer to the new forum? Or will only pictures be moved that are hosted on an external website?
    Post edited by Gagea on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    For a split second I was like "Why is the What Happened thread in the Sims Franchise section?" 🤔 😄 Then I remembered it was moved in preparation for the threads migration.

Screenshot-20240214-135218-2.png
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I tried to change my name and it told me it was already registered so I add a "2" at the end and I was able to update it. I tried putting a space between Classical and Sim but it said it contained a banned word. LOL
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited February 14
    I do wish for improved mobile site experience with new forum

I am writing this from phone and I am almost sure the text alignment is all over the place and my rows make no sense whatsoever for those on desktop site

but its just more comfy to tap tap tap my phone and I often like checking forums while playing for which phone is easier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    MrPlumbob wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the nominated threads section. Will everything that's been nominated be moved to the new forum? Or will it depend on whether the creator of that thread makes an account for the new forum? Scrolling through the list of nominated threads, I'm seeing several threads where the original author hasn't posted anything in years, but the threads remain very active. I'm so sad that we'll be losing these forums. I've only been here since 2022, but this place feels like home. I hope the new forums feel the same way, but I'm not so sure anything will. These forums are a piece of history.

We Simmers have moved forums a couple of times and we always seem to manage to make it a homey feeling for all. <3 I think the only somewhat scary move was from the BBS as it was such a big change from what we were used to. But then the jump from Sims to Sims2 was a big change as well and turned out amazing and so was the forum in the end.

Change can be good especially when its an improvement and I feel this is going to be one of them.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,346 EA Community Manager
    Oh man, I said "give these users their flowers" on Valentine's Day of all days.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Updated some of my older "Let me check and get back with you" posts.

@Simmingal Polls are in the works, but likely won't quite be ready by the time EA forums launches.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited February 14
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Oh man, I said "give these users their flowers" on Valentine's Day of all days.

I will ease your pain with mention that its just Friends Day in Finnish 🌼
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    These forums are showing their age, and are no longer representative of the community experience we wish to share with you. After careful consideration, we have decided to close The Sims Forums by July 2024 and replace it with a new forums site - to be called EA forums - going live this July.
    I must ask seeing as we're getting a newly updated community experience please tell me the new forum will have a dark mode? May the day of a bright white screens be nearing an end the future is now.

I hope users will be able to choose. Accessibility-wise, it's best to have both. Some people with astigmatism and other vision issues struggle with dark modes, so white screens going away would be a problem.

I have astigmatism and the result is night-blindness. You know your eyes are suffering when you mistake a chicken in your game for a pile of horse dung -- until it suddenly moves!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member
    Oh look, The Sims Community is covering this!

It makes me glad that The Sims Forums isn't in the dark 100%. I'm still wondering what the new site is going to look like... Any sneak-peeks?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited February 14
    So very honored to have been invited to the Community Connections Program. I've been a forum member since 2009 and I promise to do all I can to help preserve the legacy of the Sims Forums. ❤️

Same here <3

Not been member as long, but playing Sims , starting from The Sims.
    I got that as birthday present when it was new, and here I am still. B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Super honored to be invited to the program it means so much to me.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    I too am very honoured to be invited to the Community Connections Program. Hoping for a smooth transition and revitalization of the forums.
  • Options
    Also honored to be part of the program and hoping for many more awesim forum years on the new forums with everyone :)

Intrusive thought:
    anyone know that song thats like CHAMPION! jdjshfjsdlfjx CHAMPION! skdjdhddkldkdjd CHAMPION!... cause it won't stop playing in my head after i found out about the rank names
    Sorry and thanks *team rocket exit*
  • Options
    Adding @luckyheather and @EnkiSchmidt to our list above!
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Oh look, The Sims Community is covering this!

It makes me glad that The Sims Forums isn't in the dark 100%. I'm still wondering what the new site is going to look like... Any sneak-peeks?

There are some screenshots of basic functions back on page 1 or 2. More to come "soon".
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade...☺️

I am so honored to be a part of the Community Connections Program as well. I love the Sims and the community members and I will do my best to help out when and wherever I can...☺️
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,784 Member

I am thrilled and honoured @EA_Cade to be even more of a part of the Sims as I have loved it from Sims 1 and I have so many good friends here like dear rosemow :)

Best Valentines day ever ;)<3 Have a wonderful day
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 441 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Also honored to be part of the program and hoping for many more awesim forum years on the new forums with everyone :)

Intrusive thought:
    anyone know that song thats like CHAMPION! jdjshfjsdlfjx CHAMPION! skdjdhddkldkdjd CHAMPION!... cause it won't stop playing in my head after i found out about the rank names

Now I have a song in my head! Was it...
    We got that trophy like a CHAMPION!
    Fell asleep right on a jet, we gone.
    Big rings just like a CHAMPION!
    No TSA, hop on a jet, we gone.
    etc.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    Question about the new forums which may be answered down the line - will there be an app for mobile users? My biggest (and probably only) gripe with these forums is having to go onto a browser from my phone and it being quite a poor mobile experience. I always thought a forum app would make a massive difference to user experience.

We’re currently focusing on providing an optimal experience for you on mobile browsers for Android and Apple. While an app isn’t out of the question, it’s not currently in the works.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    Happy to be be in the Community Connections Program, too! When I studied the Sims 1 manual on the tram back home, I'd never guessed how much time I'd invest into not just this game, but in everything around it. I'll do my best to spread around at least some of the energy that The Sims is giving me (and also the occasional useful tip) :)
  • Options
    edited February 14
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Intrusive thought:

Now I have a song in my head! Was it...
    We got that trophy like a CHAMPION!
    Fell asleep right on a jet, we gone.
    Big rings just like a CHAMPION!
    No TSA, hop on a jet, we gone.
    etc.

Unfortunately no doesn't seem like it 🤔
    I think its older song and it sounded more like some sports chant thing
    oh well maybe it'll remain a mystery
    today i learned theres way too many champion songs