Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Ellupelluellu @BlueSeaWaves i thought of strangerville with the mushroom cloud too haha. Lovely shots, that get famous outfit works well for a casual horse riding outfit!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,855 Member
    My adventures in simming continue.🤣 Even with Weerbesu's UI cheats installed, and used, the bitter sentiment keeps coming back.😠 At least now I think I know what's causing the problem.

The big fairytale wedding happened in a side save. I knew from experience that I could put together the 24 sim mega-household that I used to control and pose everyone, but manage households won't let you break it apart afterwards. If I moved 8 sims into a new household I was still left with the original household that still had more than 8 sims in it so the game wouldn't let me split them up again. Knowing this I did the wedding that I would take screenshots of in a throwaway save. Afterwards I went back to the main save and had Liberty and Matteo get married by clicking on the arch and exchange their vows alone in their regular street clothes, super casual and uneventful. I didn't think anything of it but at that save point they had asked Summer and the rest of the friend circle to be a part of their wedding 'event', an event that in the main save never took place. All the women in 'The Sisterhood' have bitter sentiments against Liberty. Men being men, even in The Sims, Matteo and Darian are cool with each other in spite of Darian not actually taking part as Matteo's Best Man.😆 Due to the limited number of slots in each save I no longer have a save point prior to the wedding that I can go back to in the main save, but I still have the emergency save point I made before I created the mega-household with just the seven main cast members all in one household. That save point is an hour before the wedding is scheduled to start. I don't lose much gameplay to go back and make that the new main save, but I do have to fix some outfits and Danielle and Londyn's hairstyles for the sake of continuity. That's a really small price to pay to prevent the potential disaster that bitter sentiments might create with characters I'm not actively controlling. So I'm going to go back and replay the wedding but since it's already been 'shot' I can just let it happen and manage things to make sure nothing goes wrong to make new problems.

The things we do and endure for our love of this silly game and our little simmies!🥰
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

The Boys left Old Town Windenburg today and went to the Countryside to celebrate New Year secluded from all these Muggles.
    9c147569435f40a50f20f247faa1e61c9db75555.pnj

Saiwa had trusted on Jack to find them an affordable accomodation...
    Had this been a mistake?
    Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    bfd9d958909394fba75505eaa7a90fc83185c35d.pnj

And ☃️ Last Christmas 🎄 Yamachan invited Jack and Ji Ho to his very special Party...
    c77b2f6d767f5f360cd499d28ce583fdd46f9004.jpg

Full episode 👉 here at the forum.
    630ad526dd6857358203a5f75fdc652bef33de4c.jpg

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    After I reset my laptop, and reinstalled everything, I made a new sim 4 household.
    12-30-23-4-26-21-AM.png

Abram Doan is a level 5 secret agent. I gave him a sleeping bag so he can sleep outside. Abram loves outdoors. He started a fire twice while cooking.
    12-30-23-5-04-13-AM.png

Abram adopted Bryce, a infant.
    12-30-23-10-17-26-AM.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,580 Member
    @Caerfinon LOL Loved your comic.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Absolutely there was, and it worked like a champ. The new one doesn't. Kayleigh has attempted a couple of times to talk to Erik about their marriage and then it suggests they made some progress, but another discussion about it in a day or so, should get her beyond her fears. Trouble is, I don't believe the Fear is responsible for the total out-of-character advances made by both Thorne Bailey and Dustin Broke, which is what got to Kayleigh in the first place and set her off on this Fear. I never liked the whole fear addition years ago, I hate it all the more now. I am perfectly capable of driving my own story, or at least I'd like to think so. This is a game-mechanic taking over. No, don't like it one bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    These 2 were on a ride when suddenly they both looked up at the sky. Wondered what got their attention 12-27-23-7-22-26-PM.png I've been playing too much Fallout 4, thought for a second that was mushroom cloud😅 12-27-23-7-22-43-PM.png

Aliens?
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I've had to do something similar. I used a copy of the copy of the original save that got lost with the rather untimely demise of my original laptop. Then, I managed to get farther along in the story with that save, so that's become the new Main save. I somehow managed to get my twins mixed up. Actually, it really wasn't me, but the first one called to blow out the candles didn't go over to do so. In the meantime, I'd set up Twin B to taste the frosting. She did so immediately. Face/palm. Bugged the beejeebies out of me that after all of this time their order in the taskbar was off. So, when I replayed things in order I could catch up, I made certain things went in their proper order. So, that by default is now my Main save. Still wish I could eliminate the FEAR-factor.

Oh, and I will attempt to write up what's happened in my game, if all goes well today. imjur wasn't allowing me to get in for two days in a row. Too full, too much activity, or words to that effect. Strange looking page that wouldn't allow me in. I'm certain I wasn't alone. However, today it opened just like normal. I made a point to grab my pictures to put them into imjur, so that I had access while on my 'back up' laptop, the now restored broken one with the updated Word Perfect. I still have to scour the forums, to grab my chapter updates for this iteration. The other iteration is in Creative Corner, and I have no clue where the third one is. Sadness. I have to look through the recovery flash drive to see if I just somehow missed it.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    @Ellupelluellu @GalacticGal I'm glad you both enjoyed it.

I like to put out a panel page on the weekends rather than just a one strip. Gives me the whole week to sort out the shots and story line and mostly because it's just more fun.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    edited January 8
    Well, This Is a Fine Start, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

So far, 2300 had shown itself to be a series of events with which Erik found himself in high gear just trying to keep up. Little Michael, with the help of his family, was making great strides in his development. All too soon, the father sighed, he’d be grown up, too. Then Erik would have no other choice than to wait for his grandchildren, of which he hoped would be many. Round about his table, as the prayer went in the wedding service.
    Harmony stepping in to feed Michael.
    jS0SjKZ.jpg

Andrew making certain Michael met the Flower Bunny.
    V5XRWXq.jpg
    KY7Ht7p.jpg

Cadence rescuing him from the trouble he was getting his little Self into.
    5dAPQEj.jpg
    “Ugh, who left you out here in the front hallway alone, huh?”

“Mom, I found your little rugrat digging in the waste-paper basket in the front hall. Here, you take him.”
    CMQ409U.jpg

No sooner had Cadence taken him out of the carrier and placed him on the kitchen floor, than the little monster was at it again. Don’t know why Mom and Dad felt the need for a surplus kid.
    v8U5ydy.jpg

The first month of the year Michael had the opportunity to meet additional family members. Both times, the relative just dropped by. Erik didn’t mind, he was always glad to see family.
    First, it was Joey. The young Doctor was still not dating and Erik wondered why not. But he did visit, randomly, quite often. He also heard Aaron was now dating someone. Could it be Joey was asked to remove himself for a few hours? Erik shook his head. “Michael, this is your uncle Joey. He’s my next younger brother, of which I have three, just like you. Michael meet Joey, Joey, meet Michael.”
    IzWYCuq.jpg

Another time Regina suddenly dropped by. Kayleigh was pleased to see her triplet. “Regina! I want you to meet our little Michael.”
    “Still haven’t figured out how that happens, eh?”
    “Oh, please.”
    1F3SDc7.jpg
    “He looks so much like the others. If you keep trying for more babies, hoping for another outcome, I’ve got news for you,” Regina said.
    “They all come from the same mold, yes, I know. It’s no surprise they look alike. Thank you for the update. How’s Hayleigh, Mercedes and Lorelei? I rarely hear from them.” Regina just shrugged. “The same.”

Erik had read about a strike going on; seemed in some towns the workers refused to show up. Missing often were the Wait Staff, the Chefs, and Mixologists. Seems as if the Restaurant Industry was under siege. So far, the places Erik took his family had been untouched by this strike. They had gone out at least twice since the New Year.
    They dined together for Night on the Town at the Old Home Place, Bar & Grille. For the first time in a while, they were shown to the exclusive upper floor.
    5daVxau.jpg

“Daddy, I thought you told us it was rude to be checking your phone while dining?” Melodie said.
    “It is, but I just licensed another song, and I was checking to see if I got nominated.”
    “What? Thirty-eight Best Songs isn’t enough for you?”
    TkFNlqJ.jpg
    “I got it!” Erik said, with a fist-pump.

“Melodie,” Kayleigh snapped. “Don’t be disrespectful. He is your father.”
    G7cUrEx.jpg
    “Mom, now he’s taking notes. Daddy, can’t you just be in the moment?”

“Fair enough," Erik said, putting the small notebook into his pocket, next to his cellphone. "But a man is entitled to write his own Memoirs. Sometimes, notes are required."
    QGS30IZ.jpg

“So, what’s new with everybody?” Erik said, gazing at each one of them around the table.
    “I got a Gold-rating for my last gig,” Jamison said. “I think the extra rehearsal with my Coworker helped.”
    GuHYaqG.jpg

“Harmony and I signed up for our second term at Britechester-U,” Melodie said. “I ended up with a GPA of A+, Harmony came in with one of A-. It’s that C you pulled on the one class that did it, next time ask me for help when you need it.”
    “We’re nearly ready for the term to start. Again, we took you and Mother’s advice and got all the homework done, first,” Harmony said. “I decided to shake things up a bit. I started on my presentation board, then started my term paper, when I reached a stopping point. I went back and forth and next thing I knew both were done!”
    “I did the same thing,” Melodie added.
    sLUX7fb.jpg

“Oh, I just wish I wouldn’t stick my fingers every single time!”
    3A091A7.jpg

Erik was out in the stable cleaning and refilling the mangers with hay when he heard the sirens!
    Looking up from his work when he smelled the smokey, burning smell, he tossed the rake aside and ran to the back door of his residence. “What exactly is on fire, now? Come on, everybody out. Out, out, out, out, out!” he yelled.
    Q8faXBa.jpg
    X2DRlT1.jpg

Once out front Erik took a moment to count heads. “Who’s missing? Jamison. Peter. Where is Peter. PETER!” That kid has a proclivity for staring fires. “It’s okay, Pete, I’m not mad at you. I just need to know you’re all right.”
    mQdzHN0.jpg
    “Dad, Jamison is still inside,” Andrew said.

“I don’t know how, sir,” Jamison told the Firefighter.
    aCV9Etd.jpg
    As the two stood there looking, suddenly the overhead sprinklers went off.
    “Ah, bloody — oh sure, you couldn’t have turned on a couple of minutes earlier. What kind of system is this?” Jamison complained.
    nGbxUe6.jpg
    “The important thing is, son, the fire is out. We should leave and let the system distill the air again.” Jamison left out of the front door, with the Firefighter. “Thank you,” Jamison said. They arrived outside just as Erik was hollering for Peter.

“Dad, it wasn’t Pete this time, it was me,” Jamison said. “I don’t know what happened. The stove just suddenly burst into flames.”
    MJZmIA8.jpg
    “Jamison, thank God you’re all right. Is Peter still inside?”
    "I didn't see him," Jamison said.
    “There’s a blonde kid out back,” the Firefighter said. Eventually, the teen joined the rest of the family.

After a stressful conversation in which Peter ranted that this time it wasn’t him and that he wasn’t some kind of pyromaniac. “I know, Pete, I know. Jamison has already confessed about the mishap with the stove. I’m just grateful everyone is okay. Come here,” Erik said, giving the often-errant Peter a big bear hug.

After about an hour when the family was beginning to shiver with the chill in the air, Erik said, “I believe it’s safe to go inside, again. Assess the damage. If this keeps up, we’ll likely lose our insurance.”
    ddW7QE3.jpg

Erik took Kayleigh out to dinner the next evening. She indicated they needed to talk, and knowing how unsettled and insecure she was lately about their relationship, he knew she could better speak to him away from the children, who seemed all too knowledgeable about things going on between them, to his chagrin.
    “Erik, this is lovely. I sometimes forget just how thoughtful you really are,” Kayleigh said, sliding easily into the chair. The Server had taken them to a table-for-two on the back patio. The night was mild, the sky clear. Stars twinkling. “This is so romantic.”
    3mJ6n2k.jpg

“I’m glad you find it so. I just wish I understood what else I can do to assure you you’re still my one and only. I’m not looking around, I promise you. Besides, who would take on a man and his seven kids? Am I right?” Erik grinned and winked at his bride.

“Apparently neither Thorne nor Dustin seem to mind.”
    “You need to let that go, Sweetheart. I’m not gay or bi. You of all people should know that. Besides, I’m the one with the prettiest girl in the world. I’ve got a gorgeous wife, seven wonderful kids, even Michael when he pees on me, a successful career and then some. I have no other wants or desires. I am one content soul. And I’m not looking. I took our vows seriously. It’s you, my sweet little nitwit. It’s always been you. I don’t want anyone else. Face it, you’re stuck with me.”

“Oh, Erik, don’t ever stop with the sweet nothings. Sometimes, a girl just needs to hear the words. I love you so very much. And I know you mean it when you call me a nitwit.”
    z6ynLng.jpg

Come Sunday, the couple dressed in their finery and together walked into the upper room at the PBP Studios Lounge. Again, the Bouncers were there at their stations, all three of them. What was missing was the Mixologist in the main floor lounge. “Oh, drat, I was hoping for a drink,” Kayleigh said.
    “No worries, Mlady,” Erik said deftly sliding behind the bar. “What will you have?”
    “Well, my goodness, look at you. A man whose talents never end . . .”
    cJug6Ow.jpg

By the time they got upstairs and settled into chairs, The Host began the Show. Keyleigh gave Erik a slight nudge, when he appeared to have missed his name being called. “Go on, you’ve just won your thirty-ninth Best Song.”

“Thank you so very much. It’s official, I am now completely overwhelmed."
    Yzr3c3c.jpg

"My gratitude to the Academy, Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, my Fans, my siblings, my many children, this time also to little Michael. My loving and most wonderful wife, who has to put up with so very much. But most of all, to my God.”
    xBb6ile.jpg

Thank you for reading. I have to put a PAUSE on this save, until the NO Host bug is resolved.

(Erik won twice while I was busy testing to see if a mod was causing this anomaly, so I have written up these happenings, lest I completely forget. I will be writing up chapters on the prequel I will be playing in the meantime.)

Again, I thank each and every one of you who have offered your support, and some of you who have offered some help with my seemingly unique problem. I have NPCs, including chefs, Servers and most of the time Sims in general in my game. The problem is with the Starlight Accolades Show. Depending on what I have in my mods folder, I have Bouncers and Mixologists, generally, just no Host. Ahhhh!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I was going to get For Rent but it seems like people are still having issues with impossibly high rent even after the supposed fix. I’m trying to work out if it’s worth getting the early access items or not. I think I’ll get some kits for now, I’ve only got the Little Campers one so far.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    so basically I have been working the last 10 days staring endlessly at loading screen setting everything up for the residential rentals, facing many bug glitches and emotional breakdowns due to it, but somehow managed to fix some of them.

I'm finishing Britchester today, and then I can start the three residential rental builds from scratch I had in mind.

Until everything is resolved, I took out most gameplay mods.
    @GalacticGal from your game testing did you finally resolve mc command center was the culprit to award ceremonies not functioning?
  • Options
    12-30-23-7-35-16-PM.png
    Abram completely refused to deal with Bryce one day, so I had him hire a nanny.

12-30-23-8-19-14-PM.png
    I decided to age up Bryce early to a toddler. It was training time, starting with potty training.

12-30-23-9-11-36-PM.png
    Let's dance

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    edited December 2023
    In the affairs of the heart, some want to rush right in and others are timidly cautious...

4SosaTV.png
    Post edited by Caerfinon on
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    @GalacticGal ,
    I hope you have fun with the prequel.. :)
    ps. did you test it also with game's own lot, where is no platforms?
    @BeckyI7Fan , toddle dancing is adorable :)
    @Caerfinon , commented on your thread already , about the lil bro -issue :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Lucy_Henley I’m in the same situation as you regarding For Rent. I don’t want it if it’s buggy and won’t get it until it seems better (unless I switch computers and have to update my game).

@BlueSeaWaves
    Thanks for your comments about Ennik’s journal and noticing the helicopter. :) I try to be detail-oriented and create links like that, but the helicopter one is becoming less subtle.
    I’m glad there are no mushroom clouds like that in Sims 4. :D Your screenshots of their ride are very pretty.

@Sims4MagicalTales
    Good beginning. Charlotte and Haley seem very different. I worry about Haley being raised in such a sexist family.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you for your comments about Ennik's journal. :)

@GalacticGal
    Great update! I'm impressed that you were able to put together such a solid and humorous update despite the trouble the game has been giving you lately. The Fears in this game are annoying. I don’t think I’ve had a good experience with one yet. I’m glad Kayleigh and Erik were able to clear things up. <3 If only the horrible host bug would fix itself.

Michael is adorable and I love that everyone in his immediate family looks alike.

• Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    so basically I have been working the last 10 days staring endlessly at loading screen setting everything up for the residential rentals, facing many bug glitches and emotional breakdowns due to it, but somehow managed to fix some of them.

I'm finishing Britchester today, and then I can start the three residential rental builds from scratch I had in mind.

Until everything is resolved, I took out most gameplay mods.
    @GalacticGal from your game testing did you finally resolve mc command center was the culprit to award ceremonies not functioning?

Yes. To be on the safe side, I also made certain to remove the Longer Starlight Accolades Show- 12 hour. I will be taking this problem to Deaderpool's Discord, when Support is open again, after the holidays.
  • Options
    I aged up Bryce early to a child, made a house for them, and changed Bryce's looks. I ran out of money, so building will resume later.
    12-31-23-12-05-39-PM.png
    12-31-23-12-08-38-PM.png

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu No, I didn't, mostly because prior to the Patch this venue worked very well. I did have a thought I should change it out, though. I may grab another game venue from a new save and see if that works. Thanks.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited December 2023
    I updated my legacy with a new post (Adventure Arises). We see Ennik's journal for the first time, Elmire takes exams and performs at a talent showcase, and Asher shows off his dance moves.

mXHIK4Y.jpg
    md9C6zk.jpg

Next time (not in this post), I hope to share Elmire's dance team performance. <3

Because I mentioned Ennik's childhood journal earlier, I decided to show the first two of three pages under the spoiler.
    8gMBJgM.jpg
    XYT8Lcb.jpg
  • Options
    @Caerfinon That reminds me of Pongo trying to set up Roger in 101 Dalmatians :D
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    First Startlight Accolades!
    o0iSNWX.jpg

Everyone got all fancy for the event.
    SMGU5AO.jpg

Unfortunately, Carrie didn't win anything, but maybe next week!
    gVTWC7b.jpg
  • Options
    @haneul Thank you so much. I'm glad you were able to pick up on the humor I tried to employ. It's either laugh or cry, what can I say?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top