Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    @lisasc360 oh I played a lot SWTOR! sometimes I get homesick and visit Nar Shaddaa or Mek Sha 👾 My children still play WOW a lot and showed the new addon. but that horde and alliance can play dungeons together they didn't tell me and it still blows my mind 💥
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age

@lisasc360 the pic below is a montage of a screenshot from SWTOR with a spaceship I built in Sims 4 ^^'
    We made a little Star Wars themed chapter in my Sims 4 story to celebrate the 40th anniversary of 'Return of the Jedi'
    684c2023d999c54f7a07733b25d3c54250d59e6f.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,307 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @lisasc360 oh I played a lot SWTOR! sometimes I get homesick and visit Nar Shaddaa or Mek Sha 👾 My children still play WOW a lot and showed the new addon. but that horde and alliance can play dungeons together they didn't tell me and it still blows my mind 💥

@Lenny_Ogg, The hubby got me into playing that game as well about last year or the year before. Right now, I only get in long enough to get the daily login rewards. I have 2 Jedi and 2 Sith over there. I haven't paid to get the subscription, so I'm limited to how high my characters can get up to. Now there are some dungeons and raids that doesn't allow cross-faction grouping as of them are legacy instances. There are some players who don't like this as it defeats the purpose of the game being a Warcraft game and think that the Horde and Alliance should still be fighting one another and not get along. But since the war is over with them for the moment, the developers are allowing this to happen. Now who knows if they will ever go back to the Horde and Alliance being enemies remains to be seen. Of course I like the way that they are doing it in my opinion. And like I've said earlier if someone wants to do PvP, then they can mark themselves as PvP. But if someone wants to attack them, then they also need to mark themselves as PvP as well since we can't just attack them and automatically become PvP like we used to do.

Nice picture of your game. I've been thinking about getting the Star Wars: Journey to Batuu GP as it looks interesting. When the hubby and I recently got our PS5, they had the Journey to Batuu and the BG for it at Gamestop for about $19 but I didn't want it for the PS5 as I want it for my PC.

Do you have a link to your story that mentions the 40th anniversary of Return of the Jedi as I would like read it?... :)
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    60+
    Jotaerre3D wrote: »
    @GalacticGal I'm sticking to 3 genders only, god games, (includes life simulation) real time strategy and adventure games, always avoided first person shooters and online RPGs, to be honest, I dislike any kind of online gaming, @The_Mercuria did you jump from TS1 to TS4? if so, you missed the best installment of all them: TS2. ;)

Yeah, I with I'd played TS2 and 3. I watch comparison videos and am blown away at the physics in TS2 and the ease of play in TS3. I mean, we still use the TS3 camera! What's that tell ya'? And my pet peeve? We don't have a normal, everyday, backyard diving board or a pool slide - common items that every previous game had.

EA should have included a few small open worlds and physics. If it worked on 32 bit PCs they it would work on 64 bit PCs.

• Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    EA should have included a few small open worlds and physics. If it worked on 32 bit PCs they it would work on 64 bit PCs.

Totally agree!!!
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    45 years. Been playing since sims 1. The times of dial up and big bulky windows 95 computers :D
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    60+
    Been playing since The Sims was first released. I own multiple copies of every Sims 1 and Sims 2 expansion - had multiple computers and kids were all playing it as well. I no longer have multiple copies as the kids have all kept their Sims 1 and 2 games as well. By Sims 3, I stopped buying their versions so only own one of every expansion of Sims 3 and 4. We are a Sims family and despite kids living throughout the world IRL, we still bond online over our Sims games. I'd hate to ever add up how much money our family has spent on Sims games, not to mention all the other games we all own as well. Sims is not the only game I play, but it is probably my favourite. I still have the physical guide books from the earlier Sims eras. Each Sims era has helped me through some major event in my life - Sims 1 helped me through my divorce, Sims 2 helped me through parents' deaths and helping my children cope with that, Sims 3 helped me through empty nesting, Sims 4 helped me through major injuries (spinal....) and continue to help me through the ongoing physical and emotional issues I deal with every day as a result of these injuries. So overall - it's been worth every cent that I have spent on Sims. Yes, I'm in the over 60s age bracket, but I still love to play Sims and several other games.
  • Options
    TootasnackTootasnack Posts: 9 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I played tycoons games as a child. I could never get anyone to buy me the sims, so I did not start playing until I could buy Sims 2 myself in my late teens. I did not play for many years and then after being disgarded by my narcissistic husband in my early 30's I found Foreign Simmer, ToonmanGames, and Xmiramira on youtube. I brought a copy of the Sims 4 and played for a couple of hours between my day job and my night job as an escape until my husband break my laptop. After that I did not pay again until Covid. I can go weeks to months without playing, but I still enjoy it and sharing my gameplay with my kids and nieces and nephew. Sometime I think I might have an unhealthy relationship with the game and I might need to go out an get a life. Sometimes I worry what people think about me because I still play this game and I will be 40 in a few years, but I work and I do not neglect my children or my household, so who cares what "they" think.
  • Options
    TootasnackTootasnack Posts: 9 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    > @gemjas said:
    > Honestly, this thread makes me feel better about still playing the Sims, lol. I started with the Sims 2 several years ago and never really stopped. But I have severe anxiety and can't help but care, to an unhealthy degree, what people think of me. So, when someone asks what I like to do for fun, I freeze and am like "fun???? I uh... pay taxes. Like an adult. No, I don't play a silly computer game for hours. Don't be ridiculous."
    >
    > I honestly did not know that the Sims community was so diverse in age, though. That's actually really interesting.

I can relate, I suffer from severe anxiety as well.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,727 Member
    edited June 2023
    60+
    Tootasnack wrote: »
    > @gemjas said:
    > Honestly, this thread makes me feel better about still playing the Sims, lol. I started with the Sims 2 several years ago and never really stopped. But I have severe anxiety and can't help but care, to an unhealthy degree, what people think of me. So, when someone asks what I like to do for fun, I freeze and am like "fun???? I uh... pay taxes. Like an adult. No, I don't play a silly computer game for hours. Don't be ridiculous."
    >
    > I honestly did not know that the Sims community was so diverse in age, though. That's actually really interesting.

I can relate, I suffer from severe anxiety as well.

Honestly, as old as I am, I still feel like the same person I was when I was eleven. I guess that age was my 'Awakening' if you will. LOL I know more and in some areas my opinion has changed, but basically, I'm still the same person. Looking forward to getting older, too. :) (And I didn't get into gaming until Sims2, when I was fifty. I'm now sixty-eight.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I suffer from "I think nobody on Earth likes me nor anything I do" anxiety.

Unfortunately there are times where I feel like an outsider here because I didn't start with the earlier Sims game and have roots only in the SimCity series, and I was I think maybe 11 when I first played SimCity 2000. Sims 4 was introduced me some 4 yrs ago.

I'm not particularly looking forward to getting older since some of the things I was truly good at have diminished haha.
  • Options
    60+
    I suffer from "I think nobody on Earth likes me nor anything I do" anxiety.

Unfortunately there are times where I feel like an outsider here because I didn't start with the earlier Sims game and have roots only in the SimCity series, and I was I think maybe 11 when I first played SimCity 2000. Sims 4 was introduced me some 4 yrs ago.

I'm not particularly looking forward to getting older since some of the things I was truly good at have diminished haha.

Age is just a number. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Age is just a number. ;)
    Totally agree! <3

Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    sn4phsn4ph Posts: 17 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I'm surprised at how few other teens are on here lol, I really thought that we were the majority. I was in elementary school when the Sims 4 released, and I've been playing it since then.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,999 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    @sn4ph you're probably the majority on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, SnapChat, etc. Here on the forum you'll find an older demographic, many who have been playing for two decades.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    No one should feel weird or immature or whatever for playing Sims. Not only have I always played Sims, I also collect Pops. Such a ridiculous amount of them that I recently bought a bigger shelf. My shelf also has a lego replica of the Titanic on top of it. And I have framed movie posters on the walls of our back room. My husband has chess sets, movie memorabilia, trick puzzles, and lots of games.

The way I look at it, my husband has worked his butt off to make the money he makes (I've only worked sporadically because we had 4 kids and I now have health issues that prevent me from working). It's our money to spend in a way that makes us happy. If anyone has an opinion on what I'm buying, it's my husband, and he's often the one picking up new Pops or saying "Hey didn't a pack come out?"

I also think there's been a shift in society. It used to be that there were certain things that kids did, and things that adults did, and there wasn't crossover. At some point while I was growing up (80's and 90's), people started deciding that they wanted to hold onto things they enjoyed as a kid. And it started becoming acceptable to still have video games, role playing games, action figures etc. My kids were raised this way and have all their own stuff that they are still into and I don't see things changing. (My kids are 16, 19, 20, and 23).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    sims busting out and sims 2 on psp are still my favorites
  • Options
    SolomuttSolomutt Posts: 49 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    > @divanthesimmer said:
    > So I always thought a game like The Sims would only appeal to people in their teens and twenties, but boy, was I proved wrong! I know a lot of people started playing this series since it came out nearly twenty years ago and would thus be much older now. I'd like to see just how many older people play this game. I'm in my early twenties and started playing at about 12, BTW.
    >
    > EA_Lanna: Simmers, we encourage safe posting and ask that you please practice this. Please do not specify your exact age in comments if you are a minor. These comments will be removed per our rules.

I remember playing the 1st version. Heck, tn years ago a tornado wrecked my house and part of the items that could be salvaged were the discs and cases for The Sims 3. I'm just shy of 60.
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my early twenties, I started playing the main games in high school but was playing mysims during elementary school.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited June 2023
    60+
    Still here and looking forward to the new pack in July. I'm looking at it as an early 81st birthday present to myself. I've started to build again after a time off Sims 4 and the shock of the EA App!
    I'm still managing to keep out of a care-home and 'compos mentis' (rational) and I would still like to have some more clothes for elderly Sims like me!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,143 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Wow 81 years young.
    Happy Birthday @Simburian.
    It’s nice to see simmers that are my Mom’s Generation. My poor Mom doesn’t even know how to turn on & a computer & she’s only 79 years young. However she does have a tablet that she plays her Solitaire, offline only, no internet. 😉
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited June 2023
    40-59 Years of Age
    My mom is only 65, but somehow the idea of playing games as an adult passed her by. We had an Atari when I was little and later computers with games on them. My mom's Mac that she bought in the late 80s for work even had games on it that my brother and I played (I loved SimCity even though the Mac one was in black and white). I spent hours creating my own maps.

But for some reason my parents just never got into them and see it as a waste of time. I was building a house in Sims 3 once while drinking coffee in their sunroom during a visit and my mom reacted like it was an incredibly childish thing to be doing. I just shrugged and kept on building.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm entering my mid 30s now. o.o I began playing The Sims games in 2003 and 2004 back when I was in my teens. My first experience with simulation was Animal Crossing on the GCN and I was in love with it. It took me a while to get into The Sims, which is why I listed two years instead of just one. But I play The Sims more than Animal Crossing now, even though New Leaf and New Horizons were both great.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    60+
    I'm sixty-eight, now and began playing Sims in 2005. Haven't looked back.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    40 now, and still playing the Sims. Been here since Sims 1, and looking forward to LBY, though I did skip Sims 3, which I may one day get for completionism sake lol. Wasn't 40 yet when I first answered this poll, so my answer isn't accurate anymore lol. I played WoW almost as long as I've played the Sims - from Beta until just before BfA dropped. Haven't been back yet, though it's kind of calling me back. Not sure yet if I'm going to like any of the changes, since I didn't like where it was heading when I left. So there's that.