May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2023
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when I was 19, unless you count the short time they had the sims on fb and everyone played that with friends. I did that in high school. But at 19 my friend let me try sims 3 on her laptop &then when I was recovering from surgery I bought some discs to play. Unfortunately they had issues. And I ended up one of the first players of the sims 4 when it was in the beginning of release. And I've been playing ever since.
    Since then I got the Sims Medieval, My Sims, and I got that Sims 3 Ultimate Collection. But mostly play Sims 4, Sims 3 still likes to mess with me even now on a very much buffed pc. Sims Medieval is a favorite though.
    I'm 27 almost 28 now. It's been a love-love/ hate relationship.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    MarkwilsonMarkwilson Posts: 7 New Member
    60+
    :) In the 60+ group and surprised to see how few teen players there are, only twice the number in my group.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    60+
    Markwilson wrote: »
    :) In the 60+ group and surprised to see how few teen players there are, only twice the number in my group.

That's probably because teens use other forms of social media instead of forums.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,806 Member
    60+
    Markwilson wrote: »

And yet they continue to gear this game towards the adolescent and younger crowd. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,101 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm not at all surprised to see fewer teens here. They're all on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, SnapChat, and Tik Tok.
  • Options
    MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    And Discord servers too. I don’t think forums are even on many younger peoples radar.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,106 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I use very little social media. I run a FB group and we have a discord server. But I've never used any of the other platforms and oddly enough, neither have my kids. They only use discord. But when it comes to Sims forums, I'm there! Have been since Sims 2.

They add something to the experience I guess.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm in my late fifties and despite it, a very few video game genders are still part of my interests, life simulation is one of these genders.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2023
    20-39 Years of Age
    41 in a 2 months.

Edit: I wasn't 40 at the time I first posted in this thread. Wow time flew by quick.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,157 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    My beautiful daughter, who's also a simmer is now 28. Wow, where did the time go. I remember when she was born back in '95. The Internet was only for big businesses then & I remember my Dad's flip cellphone. ;)
  • Options
    60+
    Jotaerre3D wrote: »
    I'm in my late fifties and despite it, a very few video game genders are still part of my interests, life simulation is one of these genders.

Life simulation is a draw for me, too. I'm sixty-eight. The other genres don't really interest me so much.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    60+

I'm 60 and have been playing The Sims for 20 years or whenever Sims 1 was released. I even admit I played TSO. 😬
    I went from 1 to 4 so I'll probably get 3 because I've heard so many good things about it.

Dag dag!
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    60+
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    My beautiful daughter, who's also a simmer is now 28. Wow, where did the time go. I remember when she was born back in '95. The Internet was only for big businesses then & I remember my Dad's flip cellphone. ;)

I still use a flip phone lol. :o
  • Options
    Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    @GalacticGal I'm sticking to 3 genders only, god games, (includes life simulation) real time strategy and adventure games, always avoided first person shooters and online RPGs, to be honest, I dislike any kind of online gaming, @The_Mercuria did you jump from TS1 to TS4? if so, you missed the best installment of all them: TS2. ;)
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 999 Member
    60+
    Have been playing since Sims 1 which I got a few months after release and immediately became addicted to. Also played earlier pre-sim games like Sim Earth, Sim City, and the first two Civilization games though the Civ series now has become too warlike for me, although I play CIVBERT multiplayer hotseat and so can skip the battles. Since I retired I perhaps play too often, get most of my news online, and even take my IPAD on vacations.
  • Options
    goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    60+
    I have been playing since sims hit the store 22 years ago. And I still play and love every minute of them. I am 76 years young.
  • Options
    60+
    Jotaerre3D wrote: »
    @GalacticGal I'm sticking to 3 genders only, god games, (includes life simulation) real time strategy and adventure games, always avoided first person shooters and online RPGs, to be honest, I dislike any kind of online gaming, @The_Mercuria did you jump from TS1 to TS4? if so, you missed the best installment of all them: TS2. ;)

I played WoW briefly with my family (my kids, primarily). Sadly, when I was 'practicing' what I'd learned from them on my own, I discovered strangers weren't very kind at all. I can't tell you how many times my poor little gnome was struck down just outside of a safe city and what a pain it was trying to get back to where she had been prior to her untimely decease. I gave that one up quickly, never to venture into that realm again. No, I'm happy to stick with life simulators, only. So far Sims4 is now all I play. :)
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Given that I play pixel games since the early 80s and even enjoyed text adventures, I'm surprised how much disappointment Sims 4 still can bring me 😹
    But maybe because I know that they could do better because they already did with the previous iterations...

@GalacticGal but why did your kids bring you to a PVP server? That is too hard and stressful even for me and I played WOW from the beginning. Maybe try again on a PVE server so you can enjoy the story and the quests without getting killed by other players? It's such a beautiful game.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    60+
    I turned 29 last week! Been playing sims since I was 11 ❤️

We didn't have PCs when I was eleven. No cellphones, either. No 8-tracks, no digital anything. Certainly, no Internet. We even had those big fat paper phonebooks. Yeah, I grew up the Stone Ages.
    I can remember when pong came out, and my father got my husband and I an Atari for Christmas when I was in my early 20’s and had just had my first baby who is over 40 now. Our first computer was a used one, that used basic, and had a black and white monitor. I didn’t know what a cell phone was then, I can still remember black and white TV’s. I remember in high school they just began to have computers work on Decoding human DNA, and my science teacher said it would take decades to do it.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    58 here!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,333 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    Given that I play pixel games since the early 80s and even enjoyed text adventures, I'm surprised how much disappointment Sims 4 still can bring me 😹
    But maybe because I know that they could do better because they already did with the previous iterations...

@GalacticGal but why did your kids bring you to a PVP server? That is too hard and stressful even for me and I played WOW from the beginning. Maybe try again on a PVE server so you can enjoy the story and the quests without getting killed by other players? It's such a beautiful game.

@Lenny_Ogg, actually there aren't even anymore PVP servers on WoW unless you are playing Classic WoW. They got rid of the PvP servers in 2018 and replaced them with War Mode and now only have normal and RP servers. If anyone wants to do PvP'ing now in the game, they either have to do battle grounds or right click on their player frame and enable PvP mode. And if you still play WoW now, you can do dungeons and raids with both Alliance and Horde in the same group as well as having cross fraction guilds. You can also now send gold and items to your Horde from your Alliance characters just as long as they are on the same server and servers that are tied into the server that you are on.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    @lisasc360 oh wow that's a lot of changes. I played after 2018 but I never was overly interested in pvp so I didn't even recognize that there are no pvp servers anymore ^^'
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Started playing back during elementary school with the Sim 1, pretty much around it's release. I'm 32 now and it's really fun to look back and see how far everything's come!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,333 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @lisasc360 oh wow that's a lot of changes. I played after 2018 but I never was overly interested in pvp so I didn't even recognize that there are no pvp servers anymore ^^'

@Lenny_Ogg, Yup it sure has changed quite a bit since then. I started out on Steamwheedle Cartel when I first got into WoW just before BC came out as my hubby thought that it would be easier for me to learn the game. After awhile, I did head on over to the PvP server that he was on and remained there only to go back to Steamwheedle Cartel every one in a while. Sadly Steamwheedle has lost a lot of it's players to other servers with more players to them.

They changed the cap level from 110 and put it back down to 50 when Shadowlands came out, so the new EP, Dragonflight has a cap level of 70. There's also Dragon riding in the new area with specific dragons that you can get from the new pack but they don't have regular flying over in the new area yet for those who don't like dragon riding. And now Blizzard is talking about allowing Dragon Riding over in other worlds in the game. But of course I hope they also keep regular flying as well as I would hate to have flying mounts that we wouldn't be able to use anymore. Of course I still love playing WoW despite the dragon riding.

So when I'm not playing WoW, I'm either playing TS3 or TS4 Star Wars: The Old Republic or my PS2 or my PS5 system if I'm not searching the internet or the forums... :)
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I was an adult when the original The Sims came out, and I was a fan of the other Sim* games, like SimsCity, SimEarth, and SimAnt. The Sims rapidly became my favorite iteration. And I've been playing ever since.