Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    There really are no lots in Sulani to add such, however.

You have all other houses at use? nothing you could bulldoze?

I have restaurants in both, Sulani and Tartosa :) But yes I don't usually play premades there that much, so its not important to me do they have a house or not. And usually I take down some of the not lived residential lots to place more communitylots.

I rarely go to Sulani. Primarily, it's Honeymoon spot. The last go-around, however, ended in a complete lack of privacy for my couple. Yes, Erik's a Global Superstar, but he still should be allowed to have a honeymoon. The place was overrun, and the locks weren't keeping them out. :open_mouth:

I don't play premades, but I also don't go around deleting them, just in case they may add something to the gameplay.

After what you've suggested, however, I may take another look and see what I am comfortable changing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I love Tartosa as a residential world too. It's quiet and beautiful. It doesn't have the hustle bustle of the city and even though I think that town area could stand to have just a bit more traffic, the quiet seaside rural feel is lovely too.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    I bought the pack knowing I was not going to hold a wedding. I still immediately elope all of my Sims. I just wanted a new world and it looks really nice, peaceful.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    I love the world. I use it a lot for things other than weddings. It is a great place for a child/teen sim to sell their flowers and grab a piece of cake or an eggroll on the way home. It is nice place to fish or build fitness skills while swimming. There is a tomato plant growing on the bottom of the hill below the rental house.

Little by little, I am learning to appreciate something about every single pack.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Is this game even fixed the sims never do what I want them to do in wedding’s. I just pretty much turned the world in somewhere to visit.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I love this pack. I play in Tartosa a lot - one of the families in my rotation lives there, and I have couples visit it for romantic (or just restful) weekend getaways. For me Tartosa is exactly the kind of place I would choose to have a holiday, and I haven’t got tired yet of just watching the sunrise or the sunsets, seeing different views in different kinds of light, and enjoying the sounds and bird song. It is very restful! I still haven’t played a wedding yet, but I have a couple who are now engaged (he proposed in Tartosa and they had a celebratory meal in a romantic restaurant I’ve put there). They were slowly working their way through some of the pre-wedding events before I rotated away to my next family. I enjoyed holding those events. When I eventually come back to them it’ll be wedding week! I haven’t worked out yet how/where I’m going to do the actual wedding, so it’ll need a bit of planning.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    After reading the recent comments in this thread, I decided to give the wedding events another try after ignoring them since release. To my pleasant surprise, everything worked!! I cant wait to hold more weddings now!

As for Tartosa, I find it to be one of the most beautiful worlds in the game. I've set it up as a recreation of Veronaville from TS2, with Montys and Capps (along with the premeds) living there. I've got a restaurant, a lounge and one wedding venue in the world. I wish it had a few more lots, but I make it work.
  • Options
    I love the world. I use it a lot for things other than weddings. It is a great place for a child/teen sim to sell their flowers and grab a piece of cake or an eggroll on the way home. It is nice place to fish or build fitness skills while swimming. There is a tomato plant growing on the bottom of the hill below the rental house.

Little by little, I am learning to appreciate something about every single pack.

Thanks for the tip on where to find a tomato!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Is this game even fixed the sims never do what I want them to do in wedding’s. I just pretty much turned the world in somewhere to visit.

I just threw a wedding during yesterday's gaming session. It didn't go too well, either. But at least my couple did a slow dance together. It was only marginally funny that she dipped him instead of the other way around. Oh, well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    There were several posts a couple of pages back indicating that weddings are working well now. I need to find a little wedding guide just to be sure I do everything properly for a successful wedding.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    For those simmers that have seasons, I found that if there is a holiday scheduled for the same time as a Wedding event, then I couldn't get the wedding activities to show as completed in the event menu. But otherwise they worked fine on non-holiday days. It could also be mod-related in all honesty, but I couldn't be bothered to figure out if that was the case.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2023
    Because I want good weather on my wedding days, I always travel to Tartosa to check out the calendar. It is really nice watching my pet and everyone else walk down the aisle along with all the other activities that are included with this pack.

Denton and Bella's big day with family, friends and their loving dog, Honey, who watches to make sure everything goes to plan.
    Wedding-of-the-Year.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    @Hearts4u Looks like it was a nice wedding. I need to search the Gallery for a nice wedding venue. I have one in Tartosa but I'm not satisfied with it.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2023
    @Hearts4u Looks like it was a nice wedding. I need to search the Gallery for a nice wedding venue. I have one in Tartosa but I'm not satisfied with it.

The majority of the guest arrived on time. Yet, I did have to wait until four more showed up; everything went well after that.

Decided to build the type of venue that I wanted because I could not find anything I liked on the gallery. Built one venue for my weddings and another one for parties which is where I have the other wedding events at.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Because I want good weather on my wedding days, I always travel to Tartosa to check out the calendar. It is really nice watching my pet and everyone else walk down the aisle along with all the other activities that are included with this pack.

Denton and Bella's big day with family, friends and their loving dog, Honey, who watches to make sure everything goes to plan.
    Wedding-of-the-Year.jpg

That’s a lovely wedding venue! 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Wedding-of-the-Year.jpg

I've solved my rain issues. I simply turned it off using game Options. :) Before that I tried to use that weather control machine. Yes, it's expensive but my Sims have enjoyed success.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I just had a wedding for my newest sims and it went fairly well...
    First Aaron walked up the aisle to await his bride-to-be:
    04-23-23_10-27-07%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0
    Unfortunately, once he got to the end of the aisle he kept wandering off to chat to people so I had to keep bringing him back to his place.

Then the flower girl came along (Sharla Ottomas haha - the Ottomas family live next door to my sims):
    04-23-23_10-28-22%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Then... here comes the bride...
    04-23-23_10-29-36%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0
    She looks lovely, but what you can't see is a sim sat on the floor in the middle of the aisle further down...

They took their vows and everyone dutifully sat and watched (some bored faces lol):
    04-23-23_10-31-18%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Here you can see that guy sat in the aisle. The flower girl also never sat down, despite calling guests to take their seats again.
    04-23-23_10-31-58%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

My favourite shot, walking back up the aisle after the vows:
    04-23-23_10-33-07%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Throwing the rice was a little muddled and awkward to get done with all guests and the newlywed couple in the right place at the right time for a picture, but it wasn't too bad:
    04-23-23_10-34-28%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

I managed a good pic of cutting the cake but it was a bit higgledy piggledy. I have no idea why we have to remove the topper to cut it, it kinda seems pointless to have a wedding topper in that case. The guests gathered but then went away by the time it was cut. Then they all swooped back in and demolished the cake before I had chance for the bride to feed a piece to the groom.
    04-23-23_10-45-19%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Over all, I was pleased with how it turned out as I got some lovely pics despite the minor failures. I will say that some problems were probably a fault with the venue itself: the first dance happened far away from the dance floor as I guess the reception room was not big enough. Similarly, slow dances with other guests had to be done in other rooms. The toasts did not happen at all but, again, this may have been because of the size of the room compared to the number of guests. I did not attempt the bouquet toss because I guessed there would not be enough room for that. (My reception was done as part of the wedding ceremony in the church as I didn't want to wait until another day to hold a separate reception).

I would recommend a big reception room with plenty of space!

Almost forgot to mention the before-wedding preparations. My sim asked her best friend to be sim-of-honour with no problems, and also her neighbour's daughter to be flower girl. The day before the wedding, she bought a bouquet and wedding cake in Tartosa. Unfortunately, despite allocating the cake as a wedding cake (it disappears from the inventory to be kept 'safe') she autonomously later ate a piece from it! When I checked, it was back in her inventory, so I had to send her to buy another. The cake showed it would not spoil for, I think, 1 day and 16 hours. It was certainly long enough to safely purchase the day before.
  • Options
    @elenorbreton The last wedding I held, fairly recently, I had the groom purchase the cake online. He purchased, two, which was good. He set it up in the reception area on the side lawn of the Lovely Wedding Church. This was before the ceremony was to take place. When the newlyweds and their family and friends got outside to start celebrating, I was shocked to see the cake was missing! I had the groom place the second cake and then the reception proceeded. I do think it must have been Paparazzi and fans who ate the cake. Certainly, there were no traces left behind. Perfect crime. Face/palm.

Glad your event came off as well as it did. I do love this pack and it brings a whole new dimension to weddings, but it does have a few wrinkles that need ironing out :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @GalacticGal ah, I didn't know you could buy the cakes online. That would have been so much easier! Thanks for the info, I have lots of new couples awaiting weddings so I will do that next time.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I bought the pack on sale mainly for the CAS and world. I'd say weddings are doable, but don't expect them to go smoothly.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    I bought the pack on sale mainly for the CAS and world. I'd say weddings are doable, but don't expect them to go smoothly.

@GrimlyFiendish what issues did you encounter when throwing a wedding?

I'm planning one soon and want to have a fun stress free event.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member

@GrimlyFiendish what issues did you encounter when throwing a wedding?

I'm planning one soon and want to have a fun stress free event.

Having an officiant hasn't worked at all for me. The one time an officiant did turn up they and the couple to be married ended up frozen in place for several sim minutes, before the officiant just went and randomly sat down again. I cancelled exchange vows with officiant and just had the couple do their own vows, at which point the officiant randomly decided to try and do their job, which involved them mainly applauding and cheering whilst interrupting the couple's vows. I must admit it was a gloriously hilarious scene.

Walk down the aisle works, but I've never been able to get any Sim to carry a bouquet whilst doing so. They hold the bouquet at the start, and then put it into their inventory as soon as they go to walk down the aisle. On rare occasions they will get stuck going backwards and forwards in between holding the bouquet and trying to walk down the aisle.

Sending flower pals, etc, down the aisle has never worked for me. They either run down the aisle and then randomly stand or sit in the way of the wedding arch, or they get stuck in a loop of walking up and down the aisle. Ring bearers will do the same, but also then promptly have the rings vanish, or they just go back to their seats like they didn't have a role in the first place.

First dance works okay, although it's 50/50 as to whether or not your guests will be facing the right way. Your sims couple could have sims celebrating their first dance while everyone's back is turned to the couple.

Calling people to take their seats more often than not results in some sims deciding to sit in the aisle; however, this does mostly work okay (most sims will take their seats, just expect a few that think the aisle is a seat).

Cutting the cake works most of the time, although occasionally the cake will disappear or get eaten before you get to the cake cutting part. I have a spare fridge, stove and cooking area on all my wedding venues, just in case a spare cake needs to be made.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Seems like it's hit or miss. I just hope my wedding goes smoothly. I'm still searching for an appropriate,spacey venue.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal ah, I didn't know you could buy the cakes online. That would have been so much easier! Thanks for the info, I have lots of new couples awaiting weddings so I will do that next time.

So glad I could help. :)
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Seems like it's hit or miss. I just hope my wedding goes smoothly. I'm still searching for an appropriate,spacey venue.

I have found that the simpler you make your wedding the better. So, the three activities I always schedule are: Walk down aisle and exchange vows (without an officiant)/give toasts/dance (not first dance, mind you, but just the guests dancing). Everything else that happens is more of a bonus but if you actually try and schedule these things they might work but there is also just a high likelihood of failure.

Those three basic activities almost always work for me without a hitch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top