Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wow, that is a major update and it addresses sooooo much of the issues! 😮👍

14/16 issues nicely solved is great news!!! 😀👍 Hopefully the last couple of issues will be addressed, but I am pleased at the many things being looked at. Very happy about the good news, and I am now totally buying the pack!! 🤗👍 I can’t wait to marry off some sims!! 😍🥰

My concern now is the Error 0 I keep seeing other simmers mention on Twitter, so I will read about the issue here on the forums to see if there are any workarounds to avoid it. 🙂👍

Really glad about these news! Can’t wait to get this pack and create some sims for Tartosa! ☀️❤️
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    I married off a couple of Sims, and the wedding went off without any problems. The sims all did the right thing, not one problem. :)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    So glad for the fixes! I want to purchase the pack, but I will probably wait until the error 0 is fixed also. Just to play it safe. I haven't had any problems as yet.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I've like Tartosa since the beginning. However, I'm a little concerned with the error 0 glitch.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    So is it finally safe to purchase?
    Big list of fixes, the gnomes and chairs had me laughing.

Is the error 0 bug specifically linked to this pack @SERVERFRA @telemwill ? I've never experienced it but don't have MWS yet.
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    So is it finally safe to purchase?
    Big list of fixes, the gnomes and chairs had me laughing.

Is the error 0 bug specifically linked to this pack @SERVERFRA @telemwill ? I've never experienced it but don't have MWS yet.

It is linked to saving wedding cakes in the wedding planner. It's also linked to neighborhood stories, specifically allowing Sims to join a career or not clearing your mailbox of neighborhood gossip. I just prefer to wait until all issues are cleared just to be safe. I have neighborhood stories off also.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Thanks @telemwill, hopefully they get that one sorted out soon.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I wish Simmers still having problems (except the error 0) would state whether they use Mods first so that I can judge whether that's their problem or not. Surely on existing Saves, Mods must leave some traces that get jinxed by the fixes even after being removed before updating?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I wish Simmers still having problems (except the error 0) would state whether they use Mods first so that I can judge whether that's their problem or not. Surely on existing Saves, Mods must leave some traces that get jinxed by the fixes even after being removed before updating?

Console players also have the error so it's not mod related.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,540 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Console players also have the error so it's not mod related.

That is a relief.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    My guess is that it's linked to all the updates & recent games.
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    Thanks @telemwill, hopefully they get that one sorted out soon.

And so they have. Thankful that the new patch is out and I can finally buy this pack.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    Though I couldn't help but point out what went wrong, just need some positivity those fixes worked wonders so far, I did not set the wedding cake since that issue was so recent but I did buy it in advance and it didn't expire so that's something. I was planning on the Clara and Bjorn renewing their vows. No resets they went easily from one activity to another, they didn't stand in the exact spot for exchanging vows with officiant however I did have a teenager marry them on a platform so that may be as expected. I didn't wait for her to select a sim and immediately selected she throw her bouquet to her other daughter who was her maid of honor.
    I5YbYTr.png
    iph9g74.png
    bNfGqkp.png
    ocSiofV.png
    dacLxmr.png
    cPWFTvU.png
    RXvtWVa.png
    2WaDutj.png
    Gathering for her speech.
    1wv4Oef.png
    The game wanted the topper removed and the cake on a regular table for a shared cut but fine I was just glad they all gathered when I told them to.
    sGfily8.png
    Sddmfup.png
    FRV9iDZ.png
    They still prefer to move elsewhere for the first dance maybe they don't have enough space here but it worked so just fine for me.

I'm not sure I'll have plain weddings or the wormhole one unless it really fits the couple, now I need a really big one with more rolls.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,820 Member
    I've read enough positive things about the pack recently so I took the plunge and just now bought it. Thank you to everyone who shared the good things about the pack now that the fixes and mods have been added. I won't lie I've been over here secretly dying to get my hands on Tartosa. I always love to see new worlds and having one tantalizing close was torture. The weddings themselves were never the big draw I just didn't want to invite all the bugs into my game in case they broke other things too.
    edited April 2022
    I ended up buying the pack! :smile:

Only got a chance to create a home for a couple of occults on one of the lots, and befriending the locals and other sims. Tartosa is beautiful!! I can’t wait to start setting up and planning the weddings! 🤗👍

One aspect that I would have to be careful with and be aware of is the locations. I will definitely have to choose lots closer to the water for my mermaids/merfolk. The one Tartosa lot that I chose for my occult couple was too far from the ocean/beach areas, and my mermaid’s hydration was in the red as she jogs the looooooong way from work to home.

I will have to check out other lots to see if I can move any of my families with merfolk closer to the water.

If not, well, then Tartosa would be more for the land occults, then, and my mermaids would have to live in the neighborhoods.

(I tried putting a pool, but my mermaid sometimes still wants to go towards the very far away beach area, lol. Still has to travel far to and from work, though.)

Really loving the world, and the CAS and B/B are looking lovely!! I love it all! 😍

A few of my families are already married, but it looks like we can still have Vow Renewal Events, so I will definitely try to do those as well, if the arches still do work for vow renewal. 🙂👍 I’m really excited for this pack! ❤️
    (She/her)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Only got a chance to create a home for a couple of occults on one of the lots, and befriending the locals and other sims. Tartosa is beautiful!! I can’t wait to start setting up and planning the weddings! 🤗👍

One aspect that I would have to be careful with and be aware of is the locations. I will definitely have to choose lots closer to the water for my mermaids/merfolk. The one Tartosa lot that I chose for my occult couple was too far from the ocean/beach areas, and my mermaid’s hydration was in the red as she jogs the looooooong way from work to home.

I will have to check out other lots to see if I can move any of my families with merfolk closer to the water.

If not, well, then Tartosa would be more for the land occults, then, and my mermaids would have to live in the neighborhoods.

(I tried putting a pool, but my mermaid sometimes still wants to go towards the very far away beach area, lol. Still has to travel far to and from work, though.)

Really loving the world, and the CAS and B/B are looking lovely!! I love it all! 😍

A few of my families are already married, but it looks like we can still have Vow Renewal Events, so I will definitely try to do those as well, if the arches still do work for vow renewal. 🙂👍 I’m really excited for this pack! ❤️

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Can't wait to see wedding pics if you decide to share! 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited April 2022

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Can't wait to see wedding pics if you decide to share! 😁

Yeah, once I get enough sims to invite for the wedding, I’ll start trying out the weddings and taking pics. (I’m going to try using Imgur to store pics and try to figure out how to post pics here.)

I already moved out the couple of the isolated residential island lot and moved them to the residential beach lot, so the mermaid will be much more happier and less dehydrated, hopefully, lol! 😄👍

(I did put in a pool on the island lit, which helped sometimes, but sims still have to commute the long walkway to and from work, so it was still not working out for my mermaid sim. I still left a pool, just in case, for perhaps hermit sims who would work more from home and would not travel/commute so much.)

I will try out the wedding venue that the Sims team has already put down in Tartosa to try out a wedding. I will probably add some bits of customization/alterations to it, but the default venue will have at least the basics needed for a wedding event. :smile:

I realized I have a few families already married, but it looks like I can still do vow renewal events, so I may start with that first. :smile: (It should be similar, but maybe more easygoing: a party with cake, walking down the aisle, maybe flower pal and/or ring bearer or just going straight to the vows and the kiss, drinks, dancing, maybe some music entertainment perhaps, and food.)
    (She/her)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have already released a mod to reenable the call off wedding interaction within days after the release of the pack. Never mind.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I have already released a mod to reenable the call off wedding interaction within days after the release of the pack. Never mind.

Yay!! Thank you, I have plenty of your mods in my game, will swing round your site next time I update.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just had my first wedding since the MWS game update, and I gotta say, they really did a nice job of fixing things. Like an incredible job. An amazing job, where the pack is now compared to a short time ago when it first came out.

My sims had a full week full of Wedding events, starting with a family dinner on Sunday and culiminating with the Ceremony and Reception on the following Saturday, with several other events in the week in between.

All of the events went flawlessly, everything worked perfectly except for when I called guests for the cake cutting. When I did that, it did work...it worked too well. Every single Sim in the entire neighborhood, even the vendors from food stalls out in the public space, came to watch the cake get cut.
    All of the sims who came for the cake cutting who weren't actually guests also stayed there to watch the cake cutting for hours and hours after all the wedding guests had moved upstairs for dancing...it was kinda hilarious. Moving what was left uneaten of the cake with LIVE drag reset all those townies and they went back to their normal tasks, but it was funny how they just stood around watching the cake for hours and hours before I did that.

The rest of the wedding stuff was great, and it all worked. The wedding I did had an officiant, ring bearer, flower pal, Sims of Honor, and they all performed their designated tasks at both the ceremony and reception. I could not be more pleased with how it all went.

Here's a thread where I put a bunch of pictures from the ceremony and reception.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,820 Member
    I haven't done a wedding yet, but so far the only negative I've encountered was the go home feature not working properly. That's a tiny issue, and I love the world. It is gorgeous and I've reacquired my love of ocean front worlds. It's great to have another swimmable body of water! I really got caught up in San My for the last few months, but Tartosa is already into my top 5 and I'm only just getting started. My opinion is certainly helped by the fact that the world perfectly fits the story I want to tell right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top