Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Β«13456736
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
This thread is for simmers looking forward to My Wedding Stories.
zPL4SEJ.png
Giveaway will be posted Feb 8.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited February 2022
    Screenshots

HUKrneV.png

ABSHdTb.png

38oDbZR.png

IMBFn7r.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Glad to see you've started this thread.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm in it for the garb and the carpets!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I am looking forward to all the pretty flowers and hopefully lots of nice dresses.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    I can't believe there's still more than 24 hours until the trailer.

Hurry up already, time!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I'm mainly hyped for another beach world, but also looking forward to the new buffet and the champagne (it is champagne on the buffet, right?).
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope they sell us some red roses
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I'm mainly hyped for another beach world, but also looking forward to the new buffet and the champagne (it is champagne on the buffet, right?).

I am hoping for champagne too. Hope it's champagne but I wouldn't say no to nectar either. Hope they will drink from a glass and not the bottle.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am a little obsessed with the sim on the cover image, they are beautiful, I love their dress and hair so much.
    I can't wait for all the beautiful wedding chapels coming our way. Hopefully one of the new lots will be one so we can jump right in and start planning our weddings. πŸ’’
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I can't wait to see all the dresses. I hope we will be getting a couple of not-so-traditional dresses as well.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Im really hoping we get a lot of different cultural wedding attire πŸ™πŸΎ

I'm so excited idk what to do till tomorrow lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    I think this pack is going to bring a lot to the game! I am really looking forward to the new social interactions it will bring to my Sims. I miss how in the Sims 3 they could throw bachelor or bachelorette parties. I also miss how the "dancers" either female or male would show up. The cake, bottles of fizzy, honeymoons all of it. I do like the pictures I have seen so far. Seems to be driven more for different cultures and different sexual preferences so to me anyway this is a big plus!! Excited to see what else is in store for the game!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread, @simgirl1010 ! πŸ€—πŸ‘

I’m really excited for the trailer tomorrow! I wanna see the dresses and suit outfits! 😍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2022
    I love the look of the new piano from the screenshot that looks like a church, I do wish they would give us a standard, wooden upright piano though instead of more grand versions. Still positive and excited about the new one!
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2022
    -removed-
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Well I’m ready to spend money! I haven’t been getting the last (is it 4 kits, I got Courtyard Oasis, but none of the recent ones) so I guess Cottage Living or DHD was the last Sims 4 Origin purchase I made (long enough I can’t even remember which one was last)

I’m ready to see a whole new world! And all the trimmings for a wedding.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you for this thread. I love the idea of a wedding stories GP and do believe it will be fun and tie into other packs very well. So far from this looks of things I do like what I see. I hope like others there will be slow dancing.
    edited February 2022
    @Haflinger, welcome! 😊

ETA: Everyone else is welcome too. πŸ˜„ I just remember having so much fun with Haflinger in the JTB positive thoughts thread.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    @Haflinger, welcome! 😊

ETA: Everyone else is welcome too. πŸ˜„ I just remember having so much fun with Haflinger in the JTB positive thoughts thread.

Thanks @simgirl1010!!

Speaking of Batuu, I sent a couple of sims there the other day. I finally got a chance to binge my way through the first six episodes of Book of Boba Fett this weekend and just about lost it at live action Cad Bane so I felt the need to go putter around Star Wars Land for a bit.

And I’m pretty sure I can tie this whole topic together with my next planned save which are some geeky sims that are gonna get married with the new pack (and you can bet they’re gonna have a lightsaber duel at the reception! πŸ˜‚)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I can't wait for all the beautiful wedding chapels coming our way. Hopefully one of the new lots will be one so we can jump right in and start planning our weddings. πŸ’’

I hope so, too! I’m bad/meh at building lots, so I would love to see more premade! πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Ohhh! There were already some gorgeous wedding stuff on the exchange, but now I can’t wait see more creations made with the stuff from this pack, too! πŸ€—
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am excited for the new world, hairstyle , and recipes
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm excited for everything in the pack, to be honest. Planning Weddings is something I always really enjoy in my Sims games, and no matter what is all in the pack, it's going to be more than I recall any previous Sims game having for Weddings....all I recall from any of the previous games in the franchise is CAS/BB items, not anything that makes the weddings feel like the "big event" that they should feel like.

I'm particularly looking forward to all the features related to planning a wedding. I always was simulating that anyway by having my engaged Sims go to bakery's and taste cake, go to flower shops, and go to various venues to decide where to hold the wedding. Sounds like there will be actual gameplay for at least some of that now.
    And having Sims-of-Honor...I've always wanted that, and never even bothered to ask for it because well..it's never been in any Sims game so I didn't figure they'd start now. It is nice being surprised.

New food will also be awesome, seeing as I'm a total foodie and just love having lots of options for food in the game. It's the main reason TS4 is my favorite Sims game so far...they just have done food/cooking so well.

Mostly though I'm super excited for the new World and for more Wedding Attire. It's going to be really, really hard for me to do what I normally do which is wait to update my game and install the pack until after the essential mods which I use get updated.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new world. I love Sulani and I enjoyed it immensely with Island Living but this new world could be like a tropical resort with the type of fancy shops, buildings, and things that I wanted for Sulani. Nice premade vacation homes, premade wedding venues, and more shops (outside of the Get to Work World).

I'm also wanting all the Sims to sit down and enjoy the wedding from chairs. I want them to truly react with tears of joy or angry faces. I hope that the caterers can cook new buffet style/party style meals where you can have wedding parties as big as 20+ and each person can get a plate of an appetizer, entree, and dessert type meal. I hope the toasts to the bride and groom have different options (like the introductions do...toasts can be cheerful, friendly, polite, etc) or the toasts can be swayed by mood, like a sad sim may give a gloomy toast instead.

I think that this can build nicely on the existing wedding system while also helping with me the dating and attraction systems. Preferences, similar to the Sims 2 preferences, of hair color, eye color, weight, occupation, etc can be included as a like/dislike and there can be questions under the romantic menu to ask Sims more about themselves. We can start having more or less attraction over time based on the length of the relationship and the type of interactions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top