Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Iโ€™m waiting patiently for patches, but I loved seeing screenshots and folksโ€™ happy experiences with the pack so far. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I am salivating looking at the world and B/B items and those wedding outfits. I canโ€™t wait until I can finally play this pack! ๐Ÿ˜€
    @Babykittyjade The officiant is either clergy or some other person who has authority to oversee a wedding. "And now by the powers invested in my I declare you Husband and Wife." As for the procession down the aisle, Flower Pal (in this case), ring Bearer, Bridesmaids, Maid of Honor, Bride. In my daughter's wedding the Flower girl and the ring bearer (our youngest son who was 8) walked back down the aisle with their arms linked like the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Our groomsmen walked down the aisle initially one at a time to line up front.

Just a little FYI, the rice is generally thrown as the couple is heading off to their honeymoon, (when they are leaving the reception). I loved your pictures. So beautiful. My very first MWS wedding is on Saturday. My Sims are still on Wednesday. (This week is crawling by. LOL)

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the information!!! I did it all backwards lol ๐Ÿ˜… and glad you enjoyed the pictures!

You're very welcome. I just thought I'd help out a little, since you were uncertain of the order of things.. All three of my RL kids are married. Hubby and I are nearing our 48th anniversary.

Congrats to you and your hubby on your 48th anniversary, @GalacticGal ! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Iโ€™m waiting patiently for patches, but I loved seeing screenshots and folksโ€™ happy experiences with the pack so far. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I am salivating looking at the world and B/B items and those wedding outfits. I canโ€™t wait until I can finally play this pack! ๐Ÿ˜€
    @Babykittyjade The officiant is either clergy or some other person who has authority to oversee a wedding. "And now by the powers invested in my I declare you Husband and Wife." As for the procession down the aisle, Flower Pal (in this case), ring Bearer, Bridesmaids, Maid of Honor, Bride. In my daughter's wedding the Flower girl and the ring bearer (our youngest son who was 8) walked back down the aisle with their arms linked like the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Our groomsmen walked down the aisle initially one at a time to line up front.

Just a little FYI, the rice is generally thrown as the couple is heading off to their honeymoon, (when they are leaving the reception). I loved your pictures. So beautiful. My very first MWS wedding is on Saturday. My Sims are still on Wednesday. (This week is crawling by. LOL)

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the information!!! I did it all backwards lol ๐Ÿ˜… and glad you enjoyed the pictures!

You're very welcome. I just thought I'd help out a little, since you were uncertain of the order of things.. All three of my RL kids are married. Hubby and I are nearing our 48th anniversary.

Congrats to you and your hubby on your 48th anniversary, @GalacticGal ! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘

Thank you so much!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Thank you for sharing!

48 years! That's such a blessing congratulations!! I wish you and your hubby many more years together!!๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

Thank you for sharing!

48 years! That's such a blessing congratulations!! I wish you and your hubby many more years together!!๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thank you so much. I'm very much wanting to reach our 50th. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I think this pack is lovely. ๐Ÿ˜Here is my final review! I posted it in the screenshots thread because I have a lot of screenshots so ill just stuff it behind the spoiler here.
    I think it's really inaccurate to call mws "completely broken and unplayable." I don't know why simmers tend to exaggerate. Sure it has noticeable bugs that need fixing and/or are already fixed.
    But I had a pleasurable fun wedding which was totally playable. The last few weddings I had for my sims a long long time ago wasn't anything special and usually were disastrous especially with the timed goals that made me feel pressured to rush everything. Now with this pack I was able to add my own goals which is pretty neat, take my time and enjoy the journey.
    I had the cake spoiling thing but the groom saved the day. He jumped on his laptop and ordered one right away at the wedding venue!
    I don't know a thing about weddings so I was just going with it lol. Now on to the screenshots.

I got married in Sulani. I had the whole family of 8 sims with autonomy off and 15 additional guests.
    The only annoying bug for me was fighting to get guests to sit down. I had enough seats but a few would remain standing. I would tell them to sit again and they would shuffle seats but a few still stood. I then noticed the reason they stand in the aisle is because they desperately try to conversate with eachother so they get up and start talking to someone on the other side. So I let that one slide. Sims haven't set correctly for 7 years and it certainly wasn't gonna stop this wedding! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I sent my lovely flower girl down first!
    NeIyz6M.jpeg
    jdTs7jx.jpeg
    D7Xdx9i.jpeg

Then the couples youngest son as the ring carrier.
    Though I wonder where the ring is...๐Ÿ˜… I thought they sit on top....
    5zBTyYv.jpeg
    He almost dropped it lol.
    jauv8nL.jpeg
    ZTQUUI3.jpeg
    Then one of the couples eldest sons who is a twin walked his mom down the aisle.
    hYQJryg.jpeg
    nhL0mW0.jpeg
    pa4OjAa.jpeg
    He started getting emotional ๐Ÿคญ
    DeLA3Cl.jpeg
    N6c9oIe.jpeg
    CParZS4.jpeg
    XEINKTO.jpeg
    9G8t3t8.jpeg

I didn't know what comes next so I had guests to start throwing rice lol that was a lot of fun. I love seeing the screen covered in rice ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    5H5iY9N.jpeg
    MKlN7fs.jpeg
    6v4CP3w.jpeg
    shMLwM2.jpeg
    JnmbW7d.jpeg

The part that just cracks me up is when I exchanged vows with the officiant. I honestly never heard of this word so I had no idea what exactly he was "suppose" to do. I thought he was gonna exhange a few words on my sims behalf perhaps. But what he "did" was mean mugging my sims and roll his eyes through the entire vow exchange.

1srjR2m.jpeg
    lcdWSpb.jpeg
    3S1x11J.jpeg
    IF2ADMR.jpeg
    Rolling his eyes so hard that his eyes balls are going into his head ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm like dude calm down.
    gn7fhSa.jpeg

Now this is where I started side eyeing with dude.
    Like why are you duck lipping the air? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    dEU3gJz.jpeg
    As close as it gets.
    yrQZZSV.jpeg
    O.o

I kept heart "ho ho ho" all over my lot. I started looking around and an uninvited father winter was chilling in my reception room ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    1pZoADJ.jpeg
    IFDfmHc.jpeg
    7bz6zf1.jpeg
    Creepy right?

After the vow exchanges I looked back and my guests were gone ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ just my son was cheering us on. Thanks for the support I guess?
    J8nyoLS.jpeg

No matter it was time to cut the cake! I love all the new gathering options. I was able to easily regroup sims around the cake.
    K5o9dit.jpeg
    yCR4Vsd.jpeg
    ooaaQLY.jpeg
    MLmNx5T.jpeg

After cake it was time for the first dance! The dance mod by mercuryfoam for intimate dancing.
    I chose my custom music on the romance station "crowded room" by Conor Maynard (one of my favorite singers)
    The sims routed to the doorway lol I noticed you a certain about of room for dances.
    It was fun that the twins got to dance with the kids too!

phKl3HW.jpeg
    KWJUugx.jpeg
    PqB8Vc2.jpeg
    ibf4Jq3.jpeg
    STpxivx.jpeg
    vcVKUSj.jpeg
    Z98lrey.jpeg
    Okay.... just stand there and stare it's not weird at all....
    VxG9HHu.jpeg
    Ended the night with a bang! Gathered my sims for some fun group dancing! ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    z340v0u.jpeg
    GpahwNO.jpeg
    sCr413X.jpeg
    lRQSWWv.jpeg
    tyiGFOw.jpeg

There is more that I didnโ€™t do that I want to do for my next wedding! Fireworks, toast, and other things I didn't even do! I brought tons of fireworks for the beach then forgot lol.
    I'll save it for an after party.
    I think this pack is quite customizable and has a lot of replayabilty! I spent days planning, building, picking dresses and cakes and flowers even before the wedding and that was fun!
    Overall a great pack! Thanks to gurus who worked on it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What lovely pictures. Can't wait to plan a wedding. Unfortunately my bride to be has yet to find her one true love. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Options
    Okay, I rolled back my save to the early morning (as it turned out) of the Rehearsal Dinner. Things worked better on the whole. I was able to fulfill the goals I'd set for this occasion. They even threw in (my Sims, that is) some dancing. As it was growing quite late, I ended the event so they could all get some sleep. The wedding is the very next day at 11AM. I'm hoping this time Sims won't be late to arrive โ€” particularly the Officiant. Yeah, his son is also the Ring Bearer. Awkward they should be late. LOL I haven't yet had a chance to play this through. However, since I really wanted to see the bouquet toss, I moved the bride into the groom's parents' home. Makes sense. She'll be living there for a very short time before the YAs go to Uni together. I will report back and possibly have some photos to share, if that's okay?
  • Options
    Would love to see pictures @GalacticGal. Can't wait for the wedding!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Drat it all wrong thread! Sorry.
  • Options
    Would love to see pictures @GalacticGal. Can't wait for the wedding!

I thought I would be playing the wedding today, but I haven't gotten much sleep these past three days. I really hate the Time Change, it throws my already spotty sleep schedule way off. Hi my name is GalacticGal and I have insomnia!

I just posted the Rehearsal Dinner segment over on page 947 of What Happened In Your Game Today. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/888255/what-happened-in-your-game-today#latest
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    edited March 2022
    I'm really enjoying having different types of cakes at various events for my Sims. Although the outside of the the cakes are creative and beautiful, I really like the various colors for the inside of the cakes. Plus, when a Sim takes a piece, the shape of the cake gradually changes.

These two little munchkins, Tania and Tanner, enjoying their cake. They're fraternal twins.
    Meeting-the-Family-3.jpg
    Out of four brothers, Atticus had yet to marry. Due to the release of My Wedding Stories, he will eventually marry and have a family. I really had no intention of marrying Atticus off; yet, here we are.

Atticus and Maliah have been dating for awhile now. Maliah finished college and Atticus will graduate tomorrow. My plan is to have them get engaged then have a beautiful, big wedding. Currently they've been trying to earn enough money to expand their beach house up one level and buy the bakery.

Meeting each others' family:

Atticus met Maliah's parents, Aileen and Earl for the first time. While Atticus comes from a big family which includes his sisters-in-law, Maliah is an only child.
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents-2.jpg

Earl enjoys telling jokes. So, he ask everyone: What do you call a pig that does Karate?
    A pork chop. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents.jpg

Atticus' brother, Denton, and Denton's wife, Bella, decided to have a dinner party at their house so that everyone could meet Maliah's parents. I've been gradually holding several of these events so as to try out every type of cake.

Maliah is talking to Atticus' parents, India and Kent, and his little sister, Kalyn.
    Meeting-Family-3.jpg

Nothing like yummy cake, fruit punch and laughter.
    Meeting-the-Family-2.jpg

Sometimes I will put out cake, ice cream, pie, or some other type of food and watch to see what each Sim decides to have. Always enjoyable seeing them all select something different.
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents-3.jpg

Uncle, Atticus, playing with his nephew, Tanner.
    Meeting-Family-4.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'm really enjoying having different types of cakes at various events for my Sims. Although the outside of the the cakes are creative and beautiful, I really like the various colors for the inside of the cakes. Plus, when a Sim takes a piece, the shape of the cake gradually changes.

These two little munchkins, Tania and Tanner, enjoying their cake. They're fraternal twins.
    Meeting-the-Family-3.jpg
    Out of four brothers, Atticus had yet to marry. Due to the release of My Wedding Stories, he will eventually marry and have a family. I really had no intention of marrying Atticus off; yet, here we are.

Atticus and Maliah have been dating for awhile now. Maliah finished college and Atticus will graduate tomorrow. My plan is to have them get engaged then have a beautiful, big wedding. Currently they've been trying to earn enough money to expand their beach house up one level and buy the bakery.

Meeting each others' family:

Atticus met Maliah's parents, Aileen and Earl for the first time. While Atticus comes from a big family which includes his sisters-in-law, Maliah is an only child.
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents-2.jpg

Earl enjoys telling jokes. So, he ask everyone: What do you call a pig that does Karate?
    A pork chop. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents.jpg

Atticus' brother, Denton, and Denton's wife, Bella, decided to have a dinner party at their house so that everyone could meet Maliah's parents. I've been gradually holding several of these events so as to try out every type of cake.

Maliah is talking to Atticus' parents, India and Kent, and his little sister, Kalyn.
    Meeting-Family-3.jpg

Nothing like yummy cake, fruit punch and laughter.
    Meeting-the-Family-2.jpg

Sometimes I will put out cake, ice cream, pie, or some other type of food and watch to see what each Sim decides to have. Always enjoyable seeing them all select something different.
    Meeting-Maliah-s-Parents-3.jpg

Uncle, Atticus, playing with his nephew, Tanner.
    Meeting-Family-4.jpg
    Aww! Very cute and sweet! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘
    That amazing dad joke, though, lol! ๐Ÿ˜„
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Okay, for those who asked, here's a series of random wedding photos from the Golden-Cantrell Wedding.
    That embarrassing moment when the seven-year-old Flower Girl tells the groom he's standing on the wrong side of the arch.
    d2ciYrW.jpg
    The moment when your triplet sister says something that catches you off-guard and brings forth an overwhelming wave of emotion.
    2dvyLxT.jpg
    But then the Bride rallies and realizes she's getting married today!
    lznH5lp.jpg
    As the ceremony proceeds, it's Regina's turn to weep.
    IuxqfHC.jpg
    Father of the Bride is delighted. Give him a break, he's the father of FIVE daughters. One down, four to go, he must be very relieved.
    fCcM5tM.jpg
    I love how these two play with each other.
    uzSY27g.jpg
    ww9Kshs.jpg
    Finally, the rings are exchanged.
    ZpOgUL9.jpg
    Yvit94Q.jpg
    And they lean into each other for the kiss, what happened next was so quick I missed getting the picture. They bonked heads!
    I love the concern shown here.
    ErsPaHv.jpg

The Bouquet Toss didn't quite work, but I love the fact the bride now can carry a bouquet.
    Isn't she stunning?
    ymofHO7.jpg

The First Dance
    UjHYdzj.jpg
    Oh my goodness, he spins her!
    pa4ZBBo.jpg
    Catches her again.
    NkHP3U9.jpg
    And wait for it โ€ฆ YES, he did!
    3I9vkew.jpg

I hope I didn't overshare. But after all the bad talk about the slow dance, this caught me totally off-guard. It was tender and sweet and so very well executed by these two (helps, I supposed that both are maxed out on their dancing skills) that I was unprepared and delighted to see it! I LOVE this pack.
  • Options
    Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Options
    Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

You're welcome. This thread got them first. I've yet to write up the events that took place to share on another post. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    MWS Patch notes for 3/31.

Bug Fixes

My Wedding Stories
    We fixed some issues with Ceremony Activities not working properly during Vow Renewal, Reception & Wedding Ceremony parties.
    Sims will be able to go up and down short, medium and long aisles now during the Gather at Aisle interaction.
    Partners will show up for wedding events now.
    Center park - Myshuno Meadows is listed among the venues in the wedding event planner now besides other additional venues.
    Sims will no longer set their bouquet aside before walking down the aisle.
    Ring Bearers and Flower Pals will no longer refuse to walk down the aisle after running any interaction from the "Ceremony activities."
    We adjusted our recipe for wedding cakes so they should last much longer. And we made them Vegetarian-safe! :)
    Everyone will be excited for Cake and Dessert at Wedding Ceremonies now.
    Wedding Guests and Officiants will "Gather at the aisle" properly now.
    The "Cut Cake with <Sim>" interaction is no longer available on cakes that were already cut.
    Officiants will not just stand there any longer, but will actually do their officiant job.
    Sims who bend to their spouse when performing a "Spousal kiss" will no longer rub their ear into the other Sims face, but will use their lips to kiss their spouse instead.
    Some curtains have been updated to cast a slightly less dramatic shadow when placed indoors.
    Sims will react more appropriately when running romantic socials while Slow Dancing going forward.
    We added some clarity to the tooltip of Wedding Cakes by including further details about eligible spots for wedding cakes to be placed in.
    Sims will receive the "Not selected as a sim of honor" or โ€œWasn't invited to wedding" sentiments only when appropriate moving forward.
    "Let's Get Drinks" is no longer available for Child and Teen Sims on Bars during Rehearsal Dinner, Family Gathering, or Engagement Dinner parties.
    Engaged couples will no longer be able to perform Wedding related actions on Wedding Cakes they do not own.
    Sims will cut their wedding cakes even if it has a cake topper; Sims will simply remove the topper from the cake and place it in their inventory before cutting the cake with their couple Sim.
    We also fixed an issue with Cake Toppers floating above Cakes after Sims "Take a Piece."
    When selecting guests in the Wedding Event Planner it will show all the sims that are related to both individuals of the couple now. So guests should no longer get uninvited after editing the guest list with a Sim who was not the original host for the event - both couple Sims will be considered the host now.
    Guests attire Dress Code and Color will no longer reset after editing a Wedding event.
    Simmers will be able to choose which aisle Sims should gather at and Sims "Gathering For Recessional" will be able to go up and down the aisles without issues now.
    We taught Sims some manners so they will pay proper attention to Toasts now and will stop chattering.
    We know it's a big day and everyone's excited, but that's no reason to be rude.
    Sims with a larger backside will no longer experience their derriere to clip through ymTop_GP11Casual.
    When Engaged Sims perform the "Exchange vows and Kiss" or the "Exchange Vows with Officiant and Kiss" Ceremony event, Sims will complete both interactions now and will no longer forget about the Spousal Kiss.
    We made some tweaks so you can expect more sunshine in Tartosa moving forward.
    Officiant Sims will now give the wedding couple their full attention and avoid talking to other sims during their speech.
    Sims will wear their existing formal outfit for weddings if it is appropriately colored.
    For Engagement Dinners Sims will wear their party outfits and for wedding reception and the vow renewals events guest Sims will wear their formal outfit moving forward.
    We caught some mischievous gnomes who added super glue to wedding chairs, causing Sims to be unable to get up after taking their seats. We cleaned those chairs meticulously and advised gnomes to be more prudent so Sims will be able to get up to do other wedding related actions after sitting down.
    We added some musical backdrop to accentuate important wedding moments.
    Also, we improved an issue with arms clipping during Paired Dancing.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/998681/my-wedding-stories-patch-update#latest
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I don't see anything wrong with this picture, the bear costume matches the green and white theme of the wedding. :lol: Also, several guests are in green, maybe that's the closest colour to yellow they had in their wardrobe.
  • Options
    I'm just glad he's doing his job. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I read the entire patch fix notes in the announcements Forum. I want to thank @EA_Cade for posting them. I have to say I loved the humor sprinkled throughout the notes. I never saw a spousal kiss and had no idea the Sim used their ear to do the job. LOL I've heard of butterfly kisses, but never an ear. LOL I'm so glad for all of the fixes. There is just so much to this pack. I know now, why my game went sideways on me. It was so I would restart again, and have the Wedding my Global Superstar has never had. I get to take what I learned and use it hopefully toward a much more satisfying experience than my recent run-through! THANK YOU.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top