Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positive Thoughts Discussion: My Wedding Stories

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I tested again and even though this is like the first phase of fixing there was an obvious difference with vow renewals, I took a premade married couple to one of the lots that gave me trouble. I couldn't figure out what to press to make the flower girl go but everyone gathered where I told them to. Unlike the freezing and sticking I could cancel attend wedding for the guests to throw rice and this time I was given an option to select which arch the guests should take their seats by. I did have a couple of user errors moment but they were able to complete everything on the public lot except for the cutting cake...feeding cake worked fine.

Lastly the couple still routed away from the dance area when everyone gathered for the first dance but they danced....indoors.

I don't know something is happening I need to plan a big whole thing to see what else might have gotten hit that wasn't mentioned or something. Keep in mind I'm testing in an old save that already had issues so I am assuming something went right somewhere.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I tested again and even though this is like the first phase of fixing there was an obvious difference with vow renewals, I took a premade married couple to one of the lots that gave me trouble. I couldn't figure out what to press to make the flower girl go but everyone gathered where I told them to. Unlike the freezing and sticking I could cancel attend wedding for the guests to throw rice and this time I was given an option to select which arch the guests should take their seats by. I did have a couple of user errors moment but they were able to complete everything on the public lot except for the cutting cake...feeding cake worked fine.

Lastly the couple still routed away from the dance area when everyone gathered for the first dance but they danced....indoors.

I don't know something is happening I need to plan a big whole thing to see what else might have gotten hit that wasn't mentioned or something. Keep in mind I'm testing in an old save that already had issues so I am assuming something went right somewhere.

Oh that's interesting I haven't even tried a wedding yet with the pack but I'll try one out to see how it goes with the new update.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited March 2022

That is an interesting fix. I am pleasantly surprised because I did not expect them to address this particular issue.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited March 2022

How would players know which arch to choose if both arches are the same?
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh so I wasn't crazy that is new, choosing the arch, last night I set up a plain wedding for some soon to be I was able to reset them after having them gather at the aisle and unlike last time everything worked. Still not sure if it was related to the patch or not but I'm using the same save so maybe. Spousal kiss still needs to happen separately to check it off the list but I was just glad it was working guess we'll see if more changes with the next patch.
    I had several pictures I'll split them up...I'm easily pleased alright I just wanted to see things working and thought maybe bugged or not someone else might want to see pics.

I'm not sure if it's a delayed reaction or not but the sims responded better to the toast sitting down but took out their drinks after he was done unlike the new years toast. They didn't need to be reset to be gathered for food which also didn't work for me before. I love that they animated the adult ring bearers and flower girls too hehe.
    xmUi7NC.png
    EQx6g9a.png
    rQmoUKe.png
    jop73Jn.png
    My sims usually sit or dance for weddings so the first one I only took cause they fixed themselves..not really a pack issue I don't think, kind of makes me wonder if it came to us spotless how cute the attention to detail is not sure if the officiant was working for others but new for me.
    PHXyGHK.png
    BF3kkY3.png
    Now that's where you're supposed to stand but I forgive you....might send grim after you later though.
    EZu2zun.png
    I was still using the go here thing from get together but they gathered fine there seems to mostly be an issue with the aisle, I'm not sure about the cut cake together thing either that seems hit and miss. I also finally saw the disappearing tea set thing, darn kleptos need a hobby. They did feed each other with that interaction as well but I missed a pic, and the rice throwing worked completely no need to reset them to stop. Even dancing worked more, not all of them were willing to humiliate themselves but at least the bride and groom danced indoors.
    xsfsDKN.png
    DcC2EpV.png
    MKcCwDm.png
    kkHO6xF.png

I just posted here cause little things make me happy especially when I know something was actually broken. Mmkay that's it maybe if this thread is still open with the next patch I'll pop over again.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    Apologies if this has already been addressed but this is a long thread. I am only at the stage of holding some pre wedding events - engagement dinners and family gatherings. I can't seem to get better than silver despite achieving five goals. Do the new wedding events offer gold? Do I just need to get my sim couple to keep partying and do the goals faster or more often? My couple is very outgoing so I don't mind holding many events for them as it's IC. Their wedding will probably occupy the whole of a four-week spring.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Finally, my young couple have aged up to YA. Before the group heads off to Uni, Erik and Kayleigh got themselves engaged! So far, besides running around Tartosa and getting lost half of the time, they finally were able to settle on the style and taste of the cake. Then came the Engagement Dinner.

At first things went wonky. The next day I saw that MCCC had a hotfix, so I removed the version I had in game, and installed the hotfix. Then I did a save recovery and pulled up the morning of the event to replay it. Turns out it was the mod that caused the problems, I'm happy to say. I got a new set of photos as the Toast went the way I presumed it should. The dinner went well. They are now Sim days away from their Wedding Rehearsal Dinner. Should be interesting to see how that plays out, and of course the Wedding is the very next day. I'm a tad unhappy that the reception can't be held on the same day as the wedding event, so I just placed the goals they need to achieve, with the notion some things will occur during the Reception part of the event. I reinstalled a beautiful wedding venue I discovered quite some time ago, placed it on a lot larger than it called for and then spent time setting the tables up next to the dance floor the creator of said lot already had in place. It's all outside, so I pray it doesn't rain. An earlier iteration of this couple has already had it rain on their wedding. They got married at the Bluffs. Gorgeous, but for the rain. I only had to change the lot designation to wedding in order for it to show up as a possible location. Phew! Now, it's just a matter of getting to Friday in the week. My Sim was nominated again for a Starlight Accolade. It's very early Sunday in the game, if I recall correctly. Wish them luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022

Iโ€™m hoping you can only place one of each type of arch at a wedding venue.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! ๐Ÿ˜Šโ˜•๏ธ๐ŸŒž
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

But that would be limiting our options.

Why canโ€™t it be done like chairs so we wonโ€™t need to select which one?
  • Options
    edited March 2022

But why would you want to is the question? Check them out in Build/buy mode and choose which one you like best. I hear tell having two on the lot makes things go buggy. I played around with cake toppers by having my Sim bake a wedding cake and then I was able to select the topper by clicking on the cake. Stumbled across the quintessential topper that way. Picture yourself as the Wedding Planner and then do your thing. ;)

If you need the visual, find an empty lot in your game and set up a wedding event to see what you like or what you don't like and then you can figure it out for the real deal.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

But why would you want to is the question? Check them out in Build/buy mode and choose which one you like best. I hear tell having two on the lot makes things go buggy. I played around with cake toppers by having my Sim bake a wedding cake and then I was able to select the topper by clicking on the cake. Stumbled across the quintessential topper that way. Picture yourself as the Wedding Planner and then do your thing. ;)

If you need the visual, find an empty lot in your game and set up a wedding event to see what you like or what you don't like and then you can figure it out for the real deal.

Maybe some people like to have several set-ups in their game so they don't need to build anew all the time. Building, decorating and then testing takes time, not everyone is willing to do that for each wedding in their game, especially if they have lots of them.
  • Options

Maybe some people like to have several set-ups in their game so they don't need to build anew all the time. Building, decorating and then testing takes time, not everyone is willing to do that for each wedding in their game, especially if they have lots of them.

You don't have to build the venue. Just place a wedding arch with the runway carpet and see which one takes your breath away. I used the beach lot in Tartosa to see which arch I preferred. Since it's known that having more than one arch on the lot causes problems in the game, I should think this little bit of 'time' would be well worth it. My advice is free. Take it or leave it. :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

You don't have to build the venue. Just place a wedding arch with the runway carpet and see which one takes your breath away. I used the beach lot in Tartosa to see which arch I preferred. Since it's known that having more than one arch on the lot causes problems in the game, I should think this little bit of 'time' would be well worth it. My advice is free. Take it or leave it. :)

Many people don't build ever, if the lot doesn't work they just download another one. I imagine this update was for those people who try to have weddings in the lots supplied with the game which have two arches, for indoor and outdoor weddings.
  • Options

Many people don't build ever, if the lot doesn't work they just download another one. I imagine this update was for those people who try to have weddings in the lots supplied with the game which have two arches, for indoor and outdoor weddings.

I was simply replying to the poster who suggested they wanted one of each kind of arch on the lot and how would we be able to choose? My suggestion, I thought, was a practical answer. I didn't mean they would have to actually build a building, just to place arches on a lot to get a feel for what it would look like. It's kinda like trying on a pair of shoes before you buy, sort of thing, you know? If it's on a vacant lot, you don't get charged for it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    I believe EA_Cade has already removed a couple of recent posts. Let's keep it positive. :)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Did the latest update fix some of the issues people were having? I'd really love to get it as I want to at least have all worlds, but I also want it to work.

It seems like such a lovely pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think this pack is lovely. ๐Ÿ˜Here is my final review! I posted it in the screenshots thread because I have a lot of screenshots so ill just stuff it behind the spoiler here.
    I think it's really inaccurate to call mws "completely broken and unplayable." I don't know why simmers tend to exaggerate. Sure it has noticeable bugs that need fixing and/or are already fixed.
    But I had a pleasurable fun wedding which was totally playable. The last few weddings I had for my sims a long long time ago wasn't anything special and usually were disastrous especially with the timed goals that made me feel pressured to rush everything. Now with this pack I was able to add my own goals which is pretty neat, take my time and enjoy the journey.
    I had the cake spoiling thing but the groom saved the day. He jumped on his laptop and ordered one right away at the wedding venue!
    I don't know a thing about weddings so I was just going with it lol. Now on to the screenshots.

I got married in Sulani. I had the whole family of 8 sims with autonomy off and 15 additional guests.
    The only annoying bug for me was fighting to get guests to sit down. I had enough seats but a few would remain standing. I would tell them to sit again and they would shuffle seats but a few still stood. I then noticed the reason they stand in the aisle is because they desperately try to conversate with eachother so they get up and start talking to someone on the other side. So I let that one slide. Sims haven't set correctly for 7 years and it certainly wasn't gonna stop this wedding! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I sent my lovely flower girl down first!
    NeIyz6M.jpeg
    jdTs7jx.jpeg
    D7Xdx9i.jpeg

Then the couples youngest son as the ring carrier.
    Though I wonder where the ring is...๐Ÿ˜… I thought they sit on top....
    5zBTyYv.jpeg
    He almost dropped it lol.
    jauv8nL.jpeg
    ZTQUUI3.jpeg
    Then one of the couples eldest sons who is a twin walked his mom down the aisle.
    hYQJryg.jpeg
    nhL0mW0.jpeg
    pa4OjAa.jpeg
    He started getting emotional ๐Ÿคญ
    DeLA3Cl.jpeg
    N6c9oIe.jpeg
    CParZS4.jpeg
    XEINKTO.jpeg
    9G8t3t8.jpeg

I didn't know what comes next so I had guests to start throwing rice lol that was a lot of fun. I love seeing the screen covered in rice ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    5H5iY9N.jpeg
    MKlN7fs.jpeg
    6v4CP3w.jpeg
    shMLwM2.jpeg
    JnmbW7d.jpeg

The part that just cracks me up is when I exchanged vows with the officiant. I honestly never heard of this word so I had no idea what exactly he was "suppose" to do. I thought he was gonna exhange a few words on my sims behalf perhaps. But what he "did" was mean mugging my sims and roll his eyes through the entire vow exchange.

1srjR2m.jpeg
    lcdWSpb.jpeg
    3S1x11J.jpeg
    IF2ADMR.jpeg
    Rolling his eyes so hard that his eyes balls are going into his head ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm like dude calm down.
    gn7fhSa.jpeg

Now this is where I started side eyeing with dude.
    Like why are you duck lipping the air? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    dEU3gJz.jpeg
    As close as it gets.
    yrQZZSV.jpeg
    O.o

I kept heart "ho ho ho" all over my lot. I started looking around and an uninvited father winter was chilling in my reception room ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    1pZoADJ.jpeg
    IFDfmHc.jpeg
    7bz6zf1.jpeg
    Creepy right?

After the vow exchanges I looked back and my guests were gone ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ just my son was cheering us on. Thanks for the support I guess?
    J8nyoLS.jpeg

No matter it was time to cut the cake! I love all the new gathering options. I was able to easily regroup sims around the cake.
    K5o9dit.jpeg
    yCR4Vsd.jpeg
    ooaaQLY.jpeg
    MLmNx5T.jpeg

After cake it was time for the first dance! The dance mod by mercuryfoam for intimate dancing.
    I chose my custom music on the romance station "crowded room" by Conor Maynard (one of my favorite singers)
    The sims routed to the doorway lol I noticed you a certain about of room for dances.
    It was fun that the twins got to dance with the kids too!

phKl3HW.jpeg
    KWJUugx.jpeg
    PqB8Vc2.jpeg
    ibf4Jq3.jpeg
    STpxivx.jpeg
    vcVKUSj.jpeg
    Z98lrey.jpeg
    Okay.... just stand there and stare it's not weird at all....
    VxG9HHu.jpeg
    Ended the night with a bang! Gathered my sims for some fun group dancing! ๐Ÿ’ƒ
    z340v0u.jpeg
    GpahwNO.jpeg
    sCr413X.jpeg
    lRQSWWv.jpeg
    tyiGFOw.jpeg

There is more that I didnโ€™t do that I want to do for my next wedding! Fireworks, toast, and other things I didn't even do! I brought tons of fireworks for the beach then forgot lol.
    I'll save it for an after party.
    I think this pack is quite customizable and has a lot of replayabilty! I spent days planning, building, picking dresses and cakes and flowers even before the wedding and that was fun!
    Overall a great pack! Thanks to gurus who worked on it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2022
    Im not someone who arranges a lot of weddings but I love the content in this pack! I love the new cakes and flower bouguets. Those alone already made it worth for me because most my sims household has someone who maxes baking and cooking skills. Its quite great that sims can hold the flower bouguet in their hand and thats also very welcomed addon to my florist shop products. The wedding cakes were many and so pretty, great addons to my bakery. Love love love! And the new wolrd Tartosa, loving it too.

Oh, sounds lovely! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘ I want this pack so bad! ๐Ÿฅฒ

It's the start.

We have more fixes being tested at the moment for a planned future patch as well.

Good to hear! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™m holding off buying the pack (which I really, really, really want!) until major fixes to wedding gameplay are implemented. Iโ€™m glad to hear there will be future patches.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @EA_Cade ! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Dear Lord! That Santa! That look in his eyes. I would not want him on one of my Christmas event! I am sure he would steal all the presents and perhaps also the tree for good measure.
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade The officiant is either clergy or some other person who has authority to oversee a wedding. "And now by the powers invested in my I declare you Husband and Wife." As for the procession down the aisle, Flower Pal (in this case), ring Bearer, Bridesmaids, Maid of Honor, Bride. In my daughter's wedding the Flower girl and the ring bearer (our youngest son who was 8) walked back down the aisle with their arms linked like the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Our groomsmen walked down the aisle initially one at a time to line up front.

Just a little FYI, the rice is generally thrown as the couple is heading off to their honeymoon, (when they are leaving the reception). I loved your pictures. So beautiful. My very first MWS wedding is on Saturday. My Sims are still on Wednesday. (This week is crawling by. LOL)

Thank you for sharing!

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Babykittyjade The officiant is either clergy or some other person who has authority to oversee a wedding. "And now by the powers invested in my I declare you Husband and Wife." As for the procession down the aisle, Flower Pal (in this case), ring Bearer, Bridesmaids, Maid of Honor, Bride. In my daughter's wedding the Flower girl and the ring bearer (our youngest son who was 8) walked back down the aisle with their arms linked like the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Our groomsmen walked down the aisle initially one at a time to line up front.

Just a little FYI, the rice is generally thrown as the couple is heading off to their honeymoon, (when they are leaving the reception). I loved your pictures. So beautiful. My very first MWS wedding is on Saturday. My Sims are still on Wednesday. (This week is crawling by. LOL)

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the information!!! I did it all backwards lol ๐Ÿ˜… and glad you enjoyed the pictures!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the information!!! I did it all backwards lol ๐Ÿ˜… and glad you enjoyed the pictures!

You're very welcome. I just thought I'd help out a little, since you were uncertain of the order of things.. All three of my RL kids are married. Hubby and I are nearing our 48th anniversary.
  • Options
    Jenniquejad4455Jenniquejad4455 Posts: 4 New Member
    Tips on how you all do weddings? I have 4on PlayStation 4 console and through trial and error can't get the hire option role to work. I finally had a Sim make a cake and put it in their personal inventory and to the park and the cut the cake option worked but when I had a wedding the following day at home the option for cutting the cake together wasn't there. Should Ihve not taken off the cake topper?
  • Options
    Tips on how you all do weddings? I have 4on PlayStation 4 console and through trial and error can't get the hire option role to work. I finally had a Sim make a cake and put it in their personal inventory and to the park and the cut the cake option worked but when I had a wedding the following day at home the option for cutting the cake together wasn't there. Should Ihve not taken off the cake topper?

I'm about to hold my very first wedding with the MWS pack. I read the 'lessons' and it says to remove the topper before you cut it. Which is contrary to the way it's been all of this time. I am of the mind to try to cut the cake with it on, and if that doesn't work, remove the topper and try again. As it is, the groom no longer has the cake in his inventory, upon which I clicked on said image and it said it was saved for the wedding. I'm going to have to have him purchase it again right before they head on down to the venue. Oh, well. I'm very excited the day is finally here. Almost as if it were my wedding. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top