Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry List April 11 & Patch April 18

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
See the announcement here and on AHQ
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007956/laundry-list-april-11th-2023#latest

Infant stretches after asking dog to "Be nice to" the infant
Sim Still Holds Fear of being afraid of the dark after Being Cured
Chefs won't enter the Restaurant
Infant food-exploring resetting/not known to other caregiver
Study Numbers toddler milestone can't be completed
Werewolf Pack Values panel is blank
Climbing Excursion: Can't move to the next stage
[XBOX] Unable to select sims, items and objects with mouse
Sims with customized Physical frame do not have Fingernail from all packs
Parent needs to be introduced to infant
**Debug** text is observed for Gift box from the Seasons pack
Once broken, Climbing Gear is not repairable
"Go for Jog" Interaction is stuck when dog is feeling very hungry
Chomp interaction is Spammed autonomously for YAE sim in interaction Queue
Sweater makes child stretch to the side
For toddlers using slides, movement skill does not increase
Trees / plants in Moon wood Mill don't change color in Fall season
"yfTop_EP13TwoToneBaggyButtonup" & ymTop_EP13TwoToneBaggyButtonup" does not tags under any "Fashion ...
Shirt has no gender tag at all
Tank top visual distortion
Unable to select objects/Sims with Sims 4 camera with mouse/keyboard
Infants stretch when Toddlers Yell At them
Debug name is displayed for the Bottle collection plaque
Exchanging Vows during a Wedding Ceremony causes Infant Guests to stretch
[CONSOLE] Entering Build Mode using the TS4 Camera and KBM prevents selecting and rotating items
Infant stretches when playing reaction animation to living in a tiny home.
Infant stretches when playing reaction animation to Strangerville agents during welcome wagon.
[CONSOLE] Unable to proceed beyond Press Start screen using Keyboard input
Top Surgery Scars ar not available beyond 1st CAS Entry

I am happy to see so many of the infant bugs on this long list!
And for our friends the console players, that some of the more annoying new UI bugs are being worked on.

Too bad the milestone resetting bug and the loose tooth bug are not on the list :( Hopefully soon.
Post edited by mightysprite on

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

The Loose Tooth issue is being worked on as we speak. The team is hoping to have the feature reenabled as soon as possible, but sadly it wasn't able to be included for this release.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    The Loose Tooth issue is being worked on as we speak.

Hooray!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member
    Restaurant chefs. Yay!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I just had a look and am very happy to see both the blank werewolf pack panels and the mount komorebi excursions on the list. I have been experiencing both and am pleasantly surprised that these issues are on the current laundry list. :)
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I was really hoping to see that they had managed to fix the gardening bug that has been around forever, but sadly it still isn't on the list. I get so tired of my plants constantly resetting. On a brighter note, it is nice to see the bugs that are being worked on.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Wait... what's this "sweater making children stretch to the side" one? The mental images I'm getting are hilarious!

But yeah, I've noticed the fear of the dark one. Sometimes my Sims also seem to get stuck in the scared walk/run even when not scared for whatever reason. Fixes itself upon leaving and returning to the household, but it is kinda funny seeing a Sim casually play with their baby and then run in apparent terror to another room to sit down and laugh at the TV.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Wait... what's this "sweater making children stretch to the side" one? The mental images I'm getting are hilarious!

But yeah, I've noticed the fear of the dark one. Sometimes my Sims also seem to get stuck in the scared walk/run even when not scared for whatever reason. Fixes itself upon leaving and returning to the household, but it is kinda funny seeing a Sim casually play with their baby and then run in apparent terror to another room to sit down and laugh at the TV.

I'm one of those players that either doesn't experience most bugs or doesn't notice them, but I definitely caught this one. There's a really cute children's sweater included in GW that makes the kids stretch and they look like monsters. I ended up removing the sweater because it was wigging me out.
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited April 2023
    I have been trying to get my toddlers to complete the study shapes milestone. I hadn't realised it was a bug. I am so glad a lot of the console problems are being worked on. Shame there is no news about the top notch toddler and happy toddler trait but I suppose I have got used to cheating that in now if my toddlers have earned them. I really hope the loose tooth issue is fixed soon. I hadn't yet experienced a child with a loose tooth and I had been looking forward to it. I've given up on the gardening ever being fixed. I think if it was going to be it would have been by now. My favourite career to play is the scientist career and it has been frustrating when one of the job tasks is to garden but you can't because the garden in the science lab won't grow!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The only one I have on that list is the study numbers one - and a mod for it.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    Sadly I’m not experiencing any of these issues which means I can’t remove any of my mods and that’s the best part about bugs getting fixed for me.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 437 Member
    I was hoping they'd tone down the NPCs asking to move in/be best friends...
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have not experienced the learning number one, it does take much longer to complete, but with parents doing flash cards it can get completed, well in my game it did LOL. However with the slide and movement bug, what happened to me is I got the skill maxed, it did count towards the skill building but I never received my maxed movement milestone for my toddler, although it was maxed. It is weird how some things work in people's games and not in others.

Ax8Divq.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Chefs won't enter the Restaurant was so annoying I was having to use a teleport mod on them to make them move and start working.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Good fixes!

I wish it included round/curved walls. Those are still broken. :(
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    My favourite career to play is the scientist career and it has been frustrating when one of the job tasks is to garden but you can't because the garden in the science lab won't grow!

@kerryemmiebeth Ah yes
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Plants-at-science-lab-don-t-produce-harvestables/td-p/6891565/
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Unable-To-See-Option-Water-Plant-in-Sims-Lab/td-p/7311978/

This one is truly puzzling! Plants throughout the game go through their harvestable and needing-care checks around 5am-6am, and they never do anything if one isn't on the lot/in the neighborhood at that time. Yet, the scientist cannot be at work at that time. It seems like both these things are by design, but somehow no one thought of what would happen when they were put together? Or on the other hand, Get to Work is an older expansion, maybe gardening timing has changed since it was released and never re-addressed accordingly in the science lab?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I'm disappointed that the disappearing milestones isn't on there, but still, some good fixes! :smile:
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I have given up playing until they fix milestones :(
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2023
    None of the bugs that I’m experiencing are on there, unfortunately. :/
  • Options
    ZerelthZerelth Posts: 35 Member
    Sorry if I missed it in the list but there won't be a fix for the crib bug? I know most people experience it due to CC but I have the bug without said CC.
    xn2jilzetfiu.pngshe/her
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Super disappointed that resetting milestones aren't being fixed. I feel like I'm stuck playing with one family because I don't want their milestones to reset.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    My favourite career to play is the scientist career and it has been frustrating when one of the job tasks is to garden but you can't because the garden in the science lab won't grow!

@kerryemmiebeth Ah yes
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Plants-at-science-lab-don-t-produce-harvestables/td-p/6891565/
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Unable-To-See-Option-Water-Plant-in-Sims-Lab/td-p/7311978/

This one is truly puzzling! Plants throughout the game go through their harvestable and needing-care checks around 5am-6am, and they never do anything if one isn't on the lot/in the neighborhood at that time. Yet, the scientist cannot be at work at that time. It seems like both these things are by design, but somehow no one thought of what would happen when they were put together? Or on the other hand, Get to Work is an older expansion, maybe gardening timing has changed since it was released and never re-addressed accordingly in the science lab?

Theoretically it changed five years ago with the release of Seasons, kind of baffling they were unable to fix it
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    As a few others have mentioned, I am very disappointed that the milestone bug is not being worked on. Milestones were one of the main features of the newest expansion pack, and they don't even work! As a rotational player, this prevents me from playing more than one household - what is the point of earning the milestones if they are just going to disappear? And it doesn't just cause an issue for rotational players; from what I've read, the milestones can disappear if you just travel with your sim to a community lot. So you're stuck at home indefinitely if you don't want to lose them.
    I'll have to hold off on actual play until this is fixed...whenever that might be.
    I never buy an expansion pack right after it is released - I always wait for a sale. But 3 days after its release, I broke my own rule for Growing Together, and now the milestones disappear. Lesson learned!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Elders' constant fear of death still isn't on the list...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Milestones don't bother me. However, I so wish they would FINALLY fix the ground garden plants & all the other problems of the Base since 2014. Oi! :'(
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    The only console fixes are for the use of mouse and keyboard. No news since the January console controls update despite the update meaning many console players with painful physical conditions can no longer play.

We've been promised for weeks that EA are looking into it but surely reverting the controls back to as they were is an easy fix, no? (If not, why not?)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Console-Controller-Feedback/td-p/11776350/highlight/false/page/66

(Please ignore the fact it's been marked solved, it's still ongoing and the thread is growing every day).