Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry List April 11 & Patch April 18

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    AalyahReed wrote: »
    As a few others have mentioned, I am very disappointed that the milestone bug is not being worked on. Milestones were one of the main features of the newest expansion pack, and they don't even work! As a rotational player, this prevents me from playing more than one household - what is the point of earning the milestones if they are just going to disappear? And it doesn't just cause an issue for rotational players; from what I've read, the milestones can disappear if you just travel with your sim to a community lot. So you're stuck at home indefinitely if you don't want to lose them.
    I'll have to hold off on actual play until this is fixed...whenever that might be.
    I never buy an expansion pack right after it is released - I always wait for a sale. But 3 days after its release, I broke my own rule for Growing Together, and now the milestones disappear. Lesson learned!

Of course the milestone bug is being worked on, but the devs don't seem to add bugs to the "laundry list" unless they're very sure they can be included with the next patch. I do wish we could get an eta on it though.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2023
    Are we sure the milestones ''bug'' is actually a glitch and not a feature? All of those memories sure can bork the game so it can become laggy. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it is a bug but I can see they them doing this on purpose.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,456 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    Are we sure the milestones ''bug'' is actually a glitch and not a feature? All of those memories sure can bork the game so it can become laggy. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it is a bug but I can see they them doing this on purpose.

I suppose they would have communicated by now if disappearing milestones were intentional design.
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    As a few others have mentioned, I am very disappointed that the milestone bug is not being worked on. Milestones were one of the main features of the newest expansion pack, and they don't even work! As a rotational player, this prevents me from playing more than one household - what is the point of earning the milestones if they are just going to disappear? And it doesn't just cause an issue for rotational players; from what I've read, the milestones can disappear if you just travel with your sim to a community lot. So you're stuck at home indefinitely if you don't want to lose them.
    I'll have to hold off on actual play until this is fixed...whenever that might be.
    I never buy an expansion pack right after it is released - I always wait for a sale. But 3 days after its release, I broke my own rule for Growing Together, and now the milestones disappear. Lesson learned!

Of course the milestone bug is being worked on, but the devs don't seem to add bugs to the "laundry list" unless they're very sure they can be included with the next patch. I do wish we could get an eta on it though.

@Simpatsyann - I'm glad you're confident that the missing milestone bug is "of course" being worked on, but I remain skeptical. If so, why haven't they mentioned it along with the other infant update/Growing Together specific bugs? They already have a disclaimer at the top of every Laundry List, saying that these are the things they are aware of/looking into, and while they hope the fixes will be delivered in the next update, they can't promise they will get to everything right away. So with that disclaimer in place, and other infant bugs on the list, why aren't they saying, "Hey, we're aware one of the main features in the new pack is broken, and we will try to fix it"? I don't mean to sound negative, but if you think about how long the gardening bug has been going on, a main pack feature for Seasons, that has never been addressed, I am worried that is what will happen here with milestones. :'( But I'm sure it is a lot easier to fix a tag in CAS or a glitched shirt than it is to fix a core feature of an expansion pack.

@plumboy23 - I personally do not think milestones were intended to disappear, either. It's not like the gossip bug in the Sims 2 that could cause corruption. There would be absolutely no point in creating milestones for Sims to work toward if you couldn't keep the achievement at the end. As a rotational player since Sims 1, I know that not every pack in the franchise is super friendly to rotational play, but Growing Together encourages your Sims to get together with extended family & create lasting memories. But the bug makes it so that, when you do those things the game encourages you to do, you lose everything you've worked toward. :s This is one of the main features of the pack, but it doesn't work right. They've acknowledged they are aware of the missing tooth genetic glitch, and were, to their credit, super quick about freezing that feature to prevent further damage to player's saves, so why not acknowledge milestones? I would honestly be fine if my Sim kids never lost a tooth at all, as that was a small feature that didn't really influence my decision to buy the pack - I think the milestones, which are for every life stage, and all types of Sims, is more important.

But I do sincerely hope that I'm wrong and am pleasantly surprised with a milestone glitch fix this month. :)
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager

@Simpatsyann - I'm glad you're confident that the missing milestone bug is "of course" being worked on, but I remain skeptical. If so, why haven't they mentioned it along with the other infant update/Growing Together specific bugs? They already have a disclaimer at the top of every Laundry List, saying that these are the things they are aware of/looking into, and while they hope the fixes will be delivered in the next update, they can't promise they will get to everything right away. So with that disclaimer in place, and other infant bugs on the list, why aren't they saying, "Hey, we're aware one of the main features in the new pack is broken, and we will try to fix it"? I don't mean to sound negative, but if you think about how long the gardening bug has been going on, a main pack feature for Seasons, that has never been addressed, I am worried that is what will happen here with milestones. :'( But I'm sure it is a lot easier to fix a tag in CAS or a glitched shirt than it is to fix a core feature of an expansion pack.

@plumboy23 - I personally do not think milestones were intended to disappear, either. It's not like the gossip bug in the Sims 2 that could cause corruption. There would be absolutely no point in creating milestones for Sims to work toward if you couldn't keep the achievement at the end. As a rotational player since Sims 1, I know that not every pack in the franchise is super friendly to rotational play, but Growing Together encourages your Sims to get together with extended family & create lasting memories. But the bug makes it so that, when you do those things the game encourages you to do, you lose everything you've worked toward. :s This is one of the main features of the pack, but it doesn't work right. They've acknowledged they are aware of the missing tooth genetic glitch, and were, to their credit, super quick about freezing that feature to prevent further damage to player's saves, so why not acknowledge milestones? I would honestly be fine if my Sim kids never lost a tooth at all, as that was a small feature that didn't really influence my decision to buy the pack - I think the milestones, which are for every life stage, and all types of Sims, is more important.

But I do sincerely hope that I'm wrong and am pleasantly surprised with a milestone glitch fix this month. :)

99% of the time the Laundry List only contains the fixes we anticipate releasing within the next 30 days or so. It's not a comprehensive list of everything under investigation or even everything fixed as some lesser known issues are fixed each patch that aren't called out as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited April 2023
    Oh I'm so excited about all these fixes in today's patch
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008027/stretching-hissing-infants-oh-my

Infants forgetting food preferences: fixed!
    Needing to be introduced to infant: fixed!
    Can't acquire top surgery scars during one's life: fixed!
    Glitchy fingernails for non-gender-conforming sims: fixed? (I wasn't sure how to read that one) ( @Tequila_Rose_13191 are you still around? )
    Excessive asking to move in: fixed!
    Pregnancy not progressing: fixed!
    Fear of the dark not going away after being cured: fixed!
    Chefs not entering restaurant: fixed!

Plus lots of others!

Still waiting on the loose tooth bug and the milestones resetting bug... but happy to see all of the above.
    Post edited by mightysprite on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Oh yeah, how could I forget all the new decor slots they added to existing bathroom objects? Did not know that was a thing you could do. (If they had added this as part of the Bathroom Clutter kit I might have bought it! But even better that everyone gets it in basegame.)
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I'm very excited about being able to add objects in the bathroom. You have no idea how long I have wanted to place a soap dispenser on my sink but it is probably 9 years!! I am also sooooo pleased about the console fix. I also have a full TS4 collection on my XBox as well as my laptop but I really struggle to play with a controller so I am over the moon that I will be able to use a keyboard and mouse again.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Oh I'm so excited about all these fixes in today's patch
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008027/stretching-hissing-infants-oh-my

Infants forgetting food preferences: fixed!
    Needing to be introduced to infant: fixed!
    Can't acquire top surgery scars during one's life: fixed!
    Glitchy fingernails for non-gender-conforming sims: fixed? (I wasn't sure how to read that one) ( @Tequila_Rose_13191 are you still around? )
    Excessive asking to move in: fixed!
    Pregnancy not progressing: fixed!
    Fear of the dark not going away after being cured: fixed!
    Chefs not entering restaurant: fixed!

Plus lots of others!

Still waiting on the loose tooth bug and the milestones resetting bug... but happy to see all of the above.

Yeah I was just looking at that and saw "Some say it's adorable, others say it's terrifying. Either way, checking out your infant's teeth in CAS will not be accompanied by vampiric hissing. We aren’t sure if they retained a thirst for blood though so, don’t blink."

That... was happening? O.o
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    99% of the time the Laundry List only contains the fixes we anticipate releasing within the next 30 days or so. It's not a comprehensive list of everything under investigation or even everything fixed as some lesser known issues are fixed each patch that aren't called out as well.

I have noticed that. My surgery machine is doing all of its animations again when my sim goes to give birth at the hospital, but that was never mentioned :) Might have to do the science career again to see if the invention machine is fixed too LOL. Thanks for all you guys are doing to keep our game running ;)

• Options
    @mcrudd I was playing with a scientist last week (my favourite career) and I was very pleased to see my invention machine was working!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,456 Member
    @mcrudd I was playing with a scientist last week (my favourite career) and I was very pleased to see my invention machine was working!

Why are some of these fixes not mentioned in the patch notes? This is far more essential information than shirt x or pants y being tweaked. Now I feel like playing the scientist career again.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,164 Member
    edited April 2023
    I appreciate them acknowledging it but it's not the kind of bug that can afford an 'it will take some time' response. I've heard modders already figured the cause and it's EA's own sliders.
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    I'm so grateful that I read about that awful face/eyes bug and was able to not update my game. I'll be playing offline until its fixed. I'm not confident at all they'll be able to revert the damage that it has done to simmers games.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am very happy about the scientist career fixes and the ability to add objects to bathroom items! I have wanted both for a very long time! I use a cabinet near the sink for objects as couldn't place soap and toothbrushes on the sink, like in Sims 3. And I love playing as a scientist as it works well with other gameplay, such as aliens, gardening, and archeology. I like to have my archeologists work as scientist as checking out the decor items in the lab helps increase archeology skill. Thank you EA for finally fixing this bug!
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    According to the Patch Notes, absolutely everything made infants stretch! :D

But:
    - No fix for the Disappearing Milestone Bug :'(

- No fix for the CAS Trait / Fulleditmode Bug :'( - this is a very serious bug that corrupts not only your save, but every other save you have when it happens. The Growing Together Self-Discovery feature that adds or replaces traits can corrupt the game if you let a Sim take on an extra trait. It destroys the UI so you can't do anything in CAS, and gives every single Sim the same name. It spreads like wildfire, from one family, and one save, to the next. It also can occur in CAS when using the fulleditmode cheat & messing with traits, or from downloading a sim from the gallery with extra traits. It also has nothing to do with mods, and can appear in a vanilla game. This is an extreme, game breaking bug that is not being talked about enough here on the official forum, in my opinion, because so many players who aren't aware of it could potentially lose their saved games over this!

- And we got a new bug with this patch. Genetics are messed up (this seems to be happening a lot, whether it's alien genetics, toddler genetics, or caused by a missing tooth, so every pre-existing sim has changes to their facial features. :'(

I would much rather have had fixes to those aforementioned gameplay bugs, and no introduction of a new one, than to have received extra slots on bathroom items, and random underwear, which isn't a necessity. Free stuff is nice, of course, but it doesn't make up for the things I paid for not working correctly.

I am also quite surprised that a kit centered around plants is being released, when the years-long gardening bug still isn't fixed.

I guess I'll just have to hold out hope for the next patch, or a potential hot fix. :(
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,393 Member
    edited April 2023
    @EA_Cade I got pretty excited when I read this. I went into my game to test the invention machine and unfortunately have to say that in my game it is still broken. The blueprint animation occurs on top of my scientist and the animations of the parts for her invention occur on the floor. However, I will admit that the inventions machine has got its movements back.
    kBgj4d4h.png
    j6ZMOBGh.png

• Options
    edited April 2023
    @EA_Cade I got pretty excited when I read this. I went into my game to test the invention machine and unfortunately have to say that in my game it is still broken. The blueprint animation occurs on top of my scientist and the animations of the parts for her invention occur on the floor. However, I will admit that the inventions machine has got its movements back.
    kBgj4d4h.png
    j6ZMOBGh.png

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. I couldn't believe it was working again in my game afer all this time. I wonder why that could be??? I play the Scientist career a lot and had just got used to it not working like I've had to get used to not being able to garden there. @EA_Cade Will our Scentists ever be shown the love they deserve?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    mcrudd wrote: »

I have noticed that. My surgery machine is doing all of its animations again when my sim goes to give birth at the hospital, but that was never mentioned :) Might have to do the science career again to see if the invention machine is fixed too LOL. Thanks for all you guys are doing to keep our game running ;)

The surgery machine was fixed in Aug 2022, patch 1.91.186/1.63 :)

That's great that the invention constructor is working again in your game @kerryemmiebeth !
    The bug report is still open. I wonder if other people had it fixed in their game this week or no?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-GTW-Invention-Constructor-animation-broken-No/m-p/10536651

edit: not for @MonaSolstraale it appears, sorry about that :(

• Options

That's great that the invention constructor is working again in your game @kerryemmiebeth !
    The bug report is still open. I wonder if other people had it fixed in their game this week or no?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-GTW-Invention-Constructor-animation-broken-No/m-p/10536651

I was playing it in a new save so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I will have to go back and try again now and hope it wasn't some strange one-off event!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,393 Member
    I'm sorry too. I have no mods in the game right now and I deleted my cache file when I updated the game.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

I was playing it in a new save so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I will have to go back and try again now and hope it wasn't some strange one-off event!

I realized a lot of issues are fixed when you begin a new save. I remember they used to suggest you start a new save whenever you were having problems. I guess they realized people don't want to lose their progress so I don't see that suggestion anymore.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Really hoping for a hot fix soon. I won't be patching which means I'll have to skip out on the new kits until it's fixed. :/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/