Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry List April 11 & Patch April 18

Comments

• Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Really hoping for a hot fix soon. I won't be patching which means I'll have to skip out on the new kits until it's fixed. :/

I really want to patch, I want the infant fixes, but am very glad I saw the info on this bug before doing so. I won't be taking the chance until it is fixed.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Just booted up my game and fortunately none of my Sims have the genetics bug - at least not in my current household. Guess I got lucky.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,144 Member
    I haven't noticed any problems after the patch update. However, I only play Vanilla on my PC.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any problems after the patch update. However, I only play Vanilla on my PC.

This weird face bug isn't mod related. In fact it's the games own sliders that are to blame apparently. Having custom sliders only makes it worse.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,733 Member
    edited April 2023

This weird face bug isn't mod related. In fact it's the games own sliders that are to blame apparently. Having custom sliders only makes it worse.

Yikes, I guess I will wait to update my game until that is fixed. 1100+ people have already selected "me too" on Answer HQ.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    logion wrote: »

Yikes, I guess I will wait to update my game until that is fixed. 1100+ people have already selected "me too" on Answer HQ.

That might be the most “me too”s I’ve ever seen in like the first 24 hours.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager
    Certainly the most I've seen in my 10 years here.

Just a few updates that I've already shared in the thread on AHQ:
    • We're aware of the issue, and working to get it fixed ASAP.
    • TheSimsDirect have tweeted out that we're working on it as well.
    • No further updates just yet, but we're hoping to get this resolved soon. Stay tuned to the AHQ thread's pinned reply for more updates.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,005 Member
    Don't tell anyone 🤫 but I checked 'me too' even though I'm not having the issue. Standing in solidarity with my fellow simmers. So the figure is really one less. 😄
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @EA_Cade Why does these major bugs always happen when I'm the most excited to play the game? I have the worst luck. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,456 Member

Are those colours added to match the new greenhouse kit? Anyway more colour choices are always nice. Are there also new colours on the glass roofs? I can't check because I haven't updated yet and with the face bug I am not in a hurry to do so.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,415 Member
    edited April 2023
    Don't tell anyone 🤫 but I checked 'me too' even though I'm not having the issue. Standing in solidarity with my fellow simmers. So the figure is really one less. 😄

Same here, I can't reproduce this so far. Strange. Playing vanilla on PC.

EDIT: Ah ok, after using sliders in CAS I see strange teeth ...
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member

Same here! I do have mods and cc in my game but luckily I have avoided the bug...for now.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

I haven't patched yet and I hit 'Me too'. :no_mouth:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,415 Member

Same here, I can't reproduce this so far. Strange. Playing vanilla on PC.

EDIT: Ah ok, after using sliders in CAS I see strange teeth ...

As others have mentioned on the AHQ forum, using the feet slider indeed changes male faces.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,164 Member
    edited April 2023
    Aine wrote: »
    @EA_Cade Why does these major bugs always happen when I'm the most excited to play the game? I have the worst luck. :s
    Same, I JUST started enjoying playing the game again and suddenly my Sims' faces got messed up.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    edited April 2023
    Milestones don't bother me. However, I so wish they would FINALLY fix the ground garden plants & all the other problems of the Base since 2014. Oi! :'(

Yeah, the plants reverting to dirt problem is always the one that disturbed me most as one of my main sims counts on her plants for a living. She has a lot of plants, and every one of them have reverted to a dirt pile. She has high bills, so I haven’t played her in real life years. 😒. Almost all of my sims have the simple living lot trait, so many of my sims depend on being able to grow some plants.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,977 Member
    I’ve had the plant dirt piles before. I have a mod by LittleMsSam that prevents it, and there’s also using testingcheats to get them back to a mature state. Of course it’d be best if they didn’t go back to dirt piles in the first place. If you’ve got lots of plants then it can take a while to reset all the plants back to maturity.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    Boy, am I ever glad I haven't launched my game in a few days.

Looks like I'll be holding off on updating my game and buying the new kits that just came out.... I'd rather not play the game at all than run the risk of messing up any of my existing saves or sims.

And since the EA Play app won't allow me to play my game offline (don't you just love it when a 3rd party controls when you get to make use of your $1200 purchase? :| ), then I guess I won't be playing the game at all in the interim (however long that ends up to be).

This fiasco is yet another perfect example of why it is absolutely imperative that players are given the option to play their game offline when the need arises....
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2023
    @mcrudd I was playing with a scientist last week (my favourite career) and I was very pleased to see my invention machine was working!

Ooooh I must try being a scientist again :)

Edit to add, my invention machine is still not working properly, but will keep an eye on it ;)
    QblIw3H.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I just noticed the face bug in my game today. The Get Famous pants for males still overlap shoes even though I thought a patch had fixed it. :(

Gosh, I hope faces are fixed soon. Still waiting for a gardening fix too.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I appreciate them acknowledging it but it's not the kind of bug that can afford an 'it will take some time' response. I've heard modders already figured the cause and it's EA's own sliders.

Exactly, especially since we don't know at this point if the fix will reset the affected sims' faces or not. I've played the game a few times since the patch, but only to build new lots, without looking at any of my sims, so I can't say if I have the bug. But with over 300 sims in my save, I don't even want to imagine having to fix every single face myself. In fact, I'd probably stop playing the game altogether if it came to that.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I think I’ve been lucky, I haven’t had the face glitch or the full edit mode one either; it probably helps that I don’t touch any of the sliders at all. However, it seems like half the teens in my save are ageing up with very bad make up 🤣.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I've noticed this glitch on a few of my male sims and none of my female sims. But I think I'll stop playing the game for a while or until a fix comes out. I've spent too much time editing my sims for them to start looking slightly off. It's just annoying.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,164 Member
    Well, with how disappointed I am about the face bug JUST as I started enjoying Sims 4 again, I booted up Sims 2, a game that would never betray me.