Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I am not planning on buying Sims 5. I AM interested in Paralives. EA has gotten enough of my money for buggy products.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    And like clockwork a tweet from Paralives on release day for the Sims 4. 😄

• Options
    tischidlytischidly Posts: 18 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I definitely plan to wait for the reviews to come out and for the games to be fixed and improved (and hopefully for sales haha) but I do think I'll buy both of them eventually. I love the Sims, but I don't feel any particular loyalty to Maxis or EA as a company---like, they aren't paying ME. Frankly, I hope paralives will give EA a little bit of a run for their money because I don't think the Sims 4 has been everything it could have been. However, I will also be getting Sims 5, I'm sure, because I am a Sims girlie at heart you know, can't get rid of it. I know, though, the individual sort of nature to the Sims 5, so it will have to be pretty involved for me to get it early. I have heard of the lackluster mess that the Sims 4 was in the beginning (no toddlers?? HELLO??) and I am not going to buy Sims 5 if it is anything like that
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Oh they got shaking of hands sadly it's a right-handed animation. :#
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    There is now a three horses race with Paralives, Sims 4 and Life by You that comes out in september. I suspect that EA will release their next pack around that time also. While I wish Paralives all the luck and hope they will be able to put together a very good product, there is not enough hours in a day to play two nor less three life simulations game. So for Paralives sake I hope they will be able to release their game in not so distant future.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Other
    I have no interest in either one. I personally would rather see an update and rerelease of sims 1, 2, and 3 so they're playable on Windows 10 and newer. I would rather rebuy updated versions of those than start over from another base game just to lose more liked or even loved features.
    If not updated versions then I would rather see a game that combines sims 1-3 with the open world of 3 but all of the packs and features of all three of them. (but not the sims 3 store)
    I had told myself a long time ago that I wasn't going to get Sims 5 if it came out and I plan on sticking to that. I killed many computers trying to keep up with the game's technology and falling short. I finally got it right and I don't plan on killing another computer with another likely over powerful game. I'll keep playing sims 4 for as long as it's still fun to do. I wish I could play sims 3 again, but the controls are just so difficult now.
    As for Paralives I have no opinion on that one.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other

Looks like their rounded walls don't support windows and doors either but I do like the big windows they have in the first picture.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have yet to see IRL a door or window on a curved wall, including in Victorian designs. Even if technologically possible, that would mean a custom fitting, which would be expensive.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I'm afraid The Sims is stuck with me for life. :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Ngl. This is more exciting than anything I've seen from LBY.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I love the art style of Paralives. However, I'm most interested in gameplay among Rene, Paralives, and LBY. I still like Sims 1 even though it looks primitive.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other

All the food looks great and the champagne with cake is my favorite. Wonder if the fruit in the fruit bowl is edible, they would make a great snack.
  • Options
    DrearyMaeDrearyMae Posts: 9 New Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I think I'll manage with having both. Once they grow bigger into the memory space I'll need a new computer to separate them.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited April 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    deleted (replied to wrote post lol
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    I love "4 AM" that starts at 3:30 in the video. Very cool that it has different day and night arrangements!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    Also hi @Cinebar, welcome back!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Also hi @Cinebar, welcome back!

:) Not really here just checking what's next for Maxis, and I see not much info on TS5, yet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other
    I love the new pictures coming out for Paralives. The objects look fantastic, the world feels real. The only thing that hasn't grown on me yet is how two-dimensional the Paras themselves look. It's a strange contrast to the 3D environment. I love the cartoonish look of the TS4 sims and I like the cartoonish look of the Paras, but what's missing is that 3D look of a sim. If they gave the Paras that same depth and feeling of 'realness' I would be super excited instead of merely curious. I wasn't blown away at first by the look of the world and objects but they've really improved them and I'm hoping they will do the same to the Paras.

Who knows, maybe I'm the only one who thinks the Paras look 'flat'?

Edit to add: I did see one in profile just now that shows they are 3D, but face-on they don't look as 3D as a Sim.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I love the new pictures coming out for Paralives. The objects look fantastic, the world feels real. The only thing that hasn't grown on me yet is how two-dimensional the Paras themselves look. It's a strange contrast to the 3D environment. I love the cartoonish look of the TS4 sims and I like the cartoonish look of the Paras, but what's missing is that 3D look of a sim. If they gave the Paras that same depth and feeling of 'realness' I would be super excited instead of merely curious. I wasn't blown away at first by the look of the world and objects but they've really improved them and I'm hoping they will do the same to the Paras.

Who knows, maybe I'm the only one who thinks the Paras look 'flat'?

Edit to add: I did see one in profile just now that shows they are 3D, but face-on they don't look as 3D as a Sim.

Even after seeing the latest info videos I agree with you. Great looking worlds, etc., but the paras still look more like TS1, if that. Almost like 50s comic book illustrations.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Other
    Sims5 is not on my list of new game purchases for this year or next year. I have been keeping up with the progress being made in Paralives, but I doubt Paralives will be released before Life by You. LBY's Early Release is supposedly happening in September and I will be preordering it. I will save my money for LBY since EA just announced four new kits. Sigh. I guess EA has decided to cut back on doing the pack refreshes, new game packs and has totally ditched the stuff packs. But there's a hot new update headed our way! Yeah, uhhh, I'll take a pass on that new update. Playing offline again as soon as I see the notification for that, thanks for the warning, EA. So, Sims5 isn't in the running and Paralives seems to be in a holding pattern for the time being, and that leaves LBY the winner for the next new game purchase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top