Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    The Paralives team did a great job on the food looks so much better than what we have in Sims 4 the ramen with an egg in it looks as gross as the real thing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I love the new pictures coming out for Paralives. The objects look fantastic, the world feels real. The only thing that hasn't grown on me yet is how two-dimensional the Paras themselves look. It's a strange contrast to the 3D environment. I love the cartoonish look of the TS4 sims and I like the cartoonish look of the Paras, but what's missing is that 3D look of a sim. If they gave the Paras that same depth and feeling of 'realness' I would be super excited instead of merely curious. I wasn't blown away at first by the look of the world and objects but they've really improved them and I'm hoping they will do the same to the Paras.

Who knows, maybe I'm the only one who thinks the Paras look 'flat'?

Edit to add: I did see one in profile just now that shows they are 3D, but face-on they don't look as 3D as a Sim.

You're not the only one, I completely agree @DaniRose2143

If the environment had the same 2D hand-drawn look it would be fine, but the semi-realistic 3D environment with the 2D Parafolks is odd. I mean, imagine a Parafolk sitting down to eat one of those realistic looking food items. It would be strange.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited April 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    507v66kxof5x.png

Paralives just revealed their language system (i.e. their version of Simlish) to patrons. It will be revealed once they make the post public.

I appreciate the regular updates. I wonder when we'll hear from Project Rene next. I believe I saw they had a recent playtest on EA Playtesting?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited April 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    Well that was quick! Finally we can talk publicly about it.

I really love how it sounds. It's interesting that PL is combining English (or localized) written language in the world, unlike Sims which uses gibberish characters.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    bubblegumsky272bubblegumsky272 Posts: 4 New Member
    Paralives art style and graphics are adorable! Independent on how I feel about Sims5, I am SO excited for this game.
  • Options
    Love the voice acting the man sounds perfectly masculine without going overboard and the woman has a nice feminine voice even with the voice changing options I can never get it even close to how well this was done in Sims 4. I do hope they add in longer conversations to mix in with what they have done as the girl replied back with a lot of one word sentences, I can only imagine it's like her replying "yeah" "absolutely" or other one word replies I'm sure they will add more but what is done looks great they feel so alive now.

Also I must say I love their clothing it's so nice once I start playing I won't be desperate for cc because I actually like the available clothing options jeans sneakers and a long sleeve t-shirt it's like the designers actually went into public to see what normal guys wear. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

Thanks for posting! This is interesting. Glad to see some live interaction animations and conversations!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited April 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm very intrigued by LBY and Parlalives! TS5 i'm weary of. EA needs to gain back my trust before I can decide if I would purchase TS5. As of right now, TS5 is the last game on my list of life sims to purchase.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Well I consider simply buying both and decide which is better. I am someone that at least want to try all the new games before really deciding to invest more time and money into it.
    For example I just bought Redfall thats a pretty failed game honestly, but Dead Island 2 is really fun and I played all week until final Mission. Star Wars Survivor is also really fun but sadly really bad optimized for Pc which is why I still wait for more patches.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I will play paralives of course. I don’t know if I will like it better. The sims will always have a special place in my heart because it’s been a part of my life for so long. But Paralives may be just as good or better. I don’t want to say I would never play the sims again though or abandon it, I think since it’s Nostalgic I will always want to play it even if another life simulator is more fun. But I may end up playing paralives or life by you more, if it’s better but I won’t forget about the sims, because it paved the way for this kind of game and should never go unnoticed.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    The art style/build assets for Paralives actually look really awesome. Seems like an all around cozy game. It may not be as silly or goofy as The Sims franchise, who knows, but I would be okay if it is not. It seems like it is meant to be a cozy game with casual gameplay.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Other
    I'm probably not going to buy either. :/

Paras look too cartoony for my taste. Nothing I've seen about the game really excites me and makes me want to play it. It is good, however, to see some competition for the Sims franchise.

After my experience with 4, I'm probably not going to buy Rene either. Definitely not interested in a multiplayer game or one that requires payment of a monthly subscription fee. Also not interested in playing in a sandbox which requires me to wait on a loading screen every time I travel. Even if it is just to visit the next-door neighbor. The base game also is just too bare bones. I'm not interested in investing hundreds of dollars into a game before it becomes really enjoyable to play. A lot of changes away from what 4 is would have to happen and I just don't see it happening. I'd love to see Rene thrill me, but then again, I'd like to see pigs fly and that's not happening either.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Other
    I will most likely buy Paralives from what I've seen so far. I've already signed up for early access of Life by You.
    As far as Sims 5 goes, I will wait, possibly years, to see what the game ends up being. I love Sims 3 but didn't start playing until it was almost finished. I started playing Sims 4 after Get Famous came out. I have been endlessly disappointed with Sims 4 gameplay but also very frustrated with the way EA/Maxis treat their customers. All the secrecy, broken packs being sold, bugs going on for years, etc. I won't play Sims 5 unless things are dramatically different, not only the gameplay, but EA/Maxis need to change their ways.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Pity one can't change vote as am now more in the 'other' category. Unless the app blows everything up, current plan is to keep with TS4 on current machine as well as TS2 UC (which runs independently of the app). I've a middle-aged PC that runs TS3, fully loaded, just fine. Have found a company that makes brand new Windows XP machines so TS1 and TS2 disk version are all set. LBY is on preorder. Waiting on Paralives. The use of 2 art styles at once is increasingly jarring and being almost 74, may not be here once it ever launches - if it does.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Other
    @Oldeseadogge I know the feeling. It's been so long since I voted I don't remember which response I clicked on. But after not hearing any updates on Sims5/Project Rene except the one that says it is years away from being finished, I doubt I will be buying it. I've been keeping up with the news about Paralives in the hope the Paras themselves would begin to match their environment. And that isn't looking very promising at this point in the development phase. Which I find disappointing. That, coupled with the fact that they are busy adding clutter to the game right now gives me a Sims4 vibe that doesn't sit well with me. I don't care about stuff. A little stuff is okay, but it doesn't negate the need for the Paras to visually be in line with their surroundings. And I know the Paras as they look now won't hold my interest for very long. Which is a bit sad. There also hasn't been much news about a release date. I realize they are a small studio and work with a much smaller budget than the larger studios have to work with which hinders their ability to finish this project and set a release date in stone. I have preordered LBY and I am doing my best to be patient while waiting for the Early Access which drops in 128 days. Yes, I am counting down the days already. And finding it very difficult to load Sims4 and play. If I can at all since the 'new' and incredibly buggy EA App was forced on us. EA has made many mistakes in the last few years but this latest one with the app really ticks me off. Can't EA find better things to do than place a wedge between the players and access to the game they paid for? It's small wonder so many Sims players are ready to jump ship and buy new life simulation games. EA is losing its grip on a monopoly it created then lost because it just doesn't understand customers are not Sims and have full autonomy when it comes to how and where they spend their money and who they trust.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Call it nostalgia, familiarity, comfort, simplicity, or what you will I'm still most excited for and anticipating Sims 5. I'm still curious about Paralives and LBY but far from a feeling of I can't wait. If I had to choose one it would be Sims 5 in a heartbeat. Even with the limited information we have thus far. 💚
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Other
    @simgirl1010 I understand everything you feel about the franchise. I feel the same way because the Sims has been my go-to game for twenty years. But I also play many other games these days. However, none of them are anything like the Sims at all. I am particularly fond of first-person action games. But I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Sims and I have Sims2 and 3 installed on other PCs that I play quite often. My excitement for LBY and all the other life simulation games in development is based in my need for something that will test me as a player and give me more options in how I tell my stories, my way. I have no doubt I will still play all the Sims games I own for years to come because they have played such a huge part in my life, and I loved every minute of it. Having choices is a good thing to have but up until now we had only one choice and that was the Sims. If Sims5 really is several years away from being released, and we have no clue what it will look like, I am going to take a chance and see if LBY can satisfy my need for a more complex and mature game. If Sims5 turns out to be challenging and the base game is full of features that interest me, unlike the Sims4 base game, I will happily invest my time and money into it. :)
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2023
    Call it nostalgia, familiarity, comfort, simplicity, or what you will I'm still most excited for and anticipating Sims 5. I'm still curious about Paralives and LBY but far from a feeling of I can't wait. If I had to choose one it would be Sims 5 in a heartbeat. Even with the limited information we have thus far. 💚

I do like the look of the world they showed for 5 (Rene). It looks Spanish and I like there’s a river/lake nearby. I like the fact you can group things together, this will be very handy for editing many items to match or move.

I’m wondering if the apartments in the base game are a way for the multiplayer angle.

Rather than empty apartments being taken up by townies, you could select other players if you accept online play. Apartments are smaller than worlds and one way to allow many Sims in one area.

I would be open to this if going outside was the way to interact, once your inside your own apartment no one else can get in unless invited. Perhaps an option to disable doorbells or just ignore!

It would be nice to live in a block with your friends Sims and interact.

I’m trying not to compare the other games but see them as offering different aspects.

I’ve downloaded Steam (for a space game) but it’s ready for Paralives. This game feels cozier like a small coastal town to navigate.

Life By You looks like it’s made for a heavy system. I’m not sure I could even play it. I’m not considering pre-ordering until there’s more information about set ups and maybe watch some play tests.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Photo mode love the Paralives team such a great team always implementing systems players like me have always wanted but never expected to see. It's such a nightmare trying to take photos in every Sims game being forced to turn to mods such as pose player getting custom poses that become outdated not fun to deal and keep up with but now it will be built in. Also great to see the child Parafolk not excluded from this feature so use to Sims only adults matter features.
  • Options
    ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    Other
    Paralives looks so cute and all, but the reason I like The Sims serie (and also the reason why I don't like TS4) is the life simulation part and the characters (their personalities, behaviour, autonomy and such). I love TS2 so much because of this and I don't really like TS4 because of this as well. So... Even a biiiiiiiiiiiig and waaaaaay more experienced company sucked and couldn't pull of, how could a smol (like 5 people? and 2 of them not being the ones developing the game) studio pull of this aspect? But we will see, we will see...
    And no, I'm not planning to buy TS5 yet either. I bought TS4 right after the release, because I LOVE THE SIMS and then I got disappointed...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top