Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Other
    I am interested in paralives but it depends on how the end game experience will be. Sims 5 is on my blacklist but I understand sims 4 was rushed, companies make mistakes, etc, so while I've no interest in sims 5 due to EA not caring about sims 4, I am watching to see if maybe more care and quality will be put into sims 5. Who knows maybe EA won't rush it and focus more on releasing quality complete games with expansion packs that enhance the already good complete base game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    What I have seen so far from the leaked pictures makes me even less interested in TS5. I don't understand why Maxis has not asked one of the really big sites to take those down. Because honestly seeing where Sims might live in the new game and the type of housing is very disappointing to me. Because of this I can only assume open world is out the window and urban, one Sim household is the focus at the moment. If that is the game. Leaks are fun to those who want info but in the end if we see things that turn us off then it's a no from the get-go. I really can't imagine why those are still up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2022
    Other
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What I have seen so far from the leaked pictures makes me even less interested in TS5. I don't understand why Maxis has not asked one of the really big sites to take those down. Because honestly seeing where Sims might live in the new game and the type of housing is very disappointing to me. Because of this I can only assume open world is out the window and urban, one Sim household is the focus at the moment. If that is the game. Leaks are fun to those who want info but in the end if we see things that turn us off then it's a no from the get-go. I really can't imagine why those are still up.

With most leaks, once they happen the internet has it forever. You can try to clean up but someone is always going to have it posted somewhere. Besides the pictures really don't expose much other than the fact that there is a city. Sims 4 released with 3 worlds, those pictures don't confirm
    • how many worlds the game will release with
    • if we will only have one apartment to work with or if only one apartment was used specifically for the demo
    • if the world is set dressing like sims 4 is
    • if any of the things we saw in the world intractable like the other buildings, shops, etc
    • Is it open neighborhoods or world maps
    • Can we walk to all the places we saw while in the apartment like city living was
    • are the items we saw place holder objects, debugs, planned released items, single or cluttered items
    I feel the pictures didn't really tell us anything about game play, I didn't see any mermaids in there but just b.c we didn't see something in the game doesn't mean it isn't a work in progress since they said it was extremely early access. The only thing confirmed honestly is the art direction and even that is subject to change since some of the models in the shots were not completed.

My point is just that it seems a little too early to be able to form a sufficient opinion about the direction of the game based solely on these pictures and no context if you know what I'm trying to say.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Another thing it's a demo.This demo is not a final its a test to test features.
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Messed up the quote can't delete drafts. Never mind.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

With most leaks, once they happen the internet has it forever. You can try to clean up but someone is always going to have it posted somewhere. Besides the pictures really don't expose much other than the fact that there is a city. Sims 4 released with 3 worlds, those pictures don't confirm
    • how many worlds the game will release with
    • if we will only have one apartment to work with or if only one apartment was used specifically for the demo
    • if the world is set dressing like sims 4 is
    • if any of the things we saw in the world intractable like the other buildings, shops, etc
    • Is it open neighborhoods or world maps
    • Can we walk to all the places we saw while in the apartment like city living was
    • are the items we saw place holder objects, debugs, planned released items, single or cluttered items
    I feel the pictures didn't really tell us anything about game play, I didn't see any mermaids in there but just b.c we didn't see something in the game doesn't mean it isn't a work in progress since they said it was extremely early access. The only thing confirmed honestly is the art direction and even that is subject to change since some of the models in the shots were not completed.

My point is just that it seems a little too early to be able to form a sufficient opinion about the direction of the game based solely on these pictures and no context if you know what I'm trying to say.

I'm not impressed with the exact same look as TS4. I don't actually like TS4's art style and graphics. I tolerated them. But not my cup of tea for art style. The pics on that big site, looks just like TS4 to me. It's very hard to believe they just began work on TS5 if they have a whole world, apartments and decorations and pathing, routing worked out.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Other
    Going to check out what both have to offer. I do wish to buy Paralives purely to support life simulation games outside of Sims. The franchise needs healthy competition badly.

But, at the end of the day, anything I buy has to match up to what I need. Im not getting sims 5 purely for the brand name nor am I going to get Paralives if it isnt something I want to play. But I'm hoping it will be.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Other
    At the moment I don't plan on getting either, but we shall wait and see.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Going to check out what both have to offer. I do wish to buy Paralives purely to support life simulation games outside of Sims. The franchise needs healthy competition badly.

But, at the end of the day, anything I buy has to match up to what I need. Im not getting sims 5 purely for the brand name nor am I going to get Paralives if it isnt something I want to play. But I'm hoping it will be.

if you or anyone else- need to know anything-please ask me! I'm very knowledge about information about the game because I'm on the Paralives discord!

6adMCGP.gif
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »

if you or anyone else- need to know anything-please ask me! I'm very knowledge about information about the game because I'm on the Paralives discord!

Can you tell me how will aging or death work in the game?
  • DaniBugs247DaniBugs247 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would buy paralives over sims 5. The amount of bugs in sims 3-4 never being touched or fixed , makes you think when sims 5 comes out it will just be as buggy and if enough of keep asking they won’t do anything . Atleast sims 3 runs better than sims 4….. I just don’t understand with all the bugs they can’t fix it , the game is so unplayable and laggy now… rip suns I will remember the good times
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Has there been any news on Paralives? I haven't heard anything since they showed what the characters, parapeople, who ever they are called.. are going to look like.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Other
    Neither, at the moment. Gonna wait a long time and see what both sides offer and what direction they take. Though whoever that doesn't include a townie generator that forces random Sims upon you will be the strongest contender. Honestly, anything that gives the player control of the game, not the creators.

This made me think back to Sims 1. How I miss the small scale of it. You had your worlds. There were some townies, then there were service Sims, some NPCs, and then there were your Sims. The only thing I really disliked about the Sims was the "you need 'X' friends for next promotion".

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • DragonCat195DragonCat195 Posts: 4 New Member
    It could be telling that only build mode is shown (gameplay once against thrown in the dumbster and be in the back seat middle child?) and the name isn't even TS5. It's gonna end up being no better than TS3.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Other
    I'll wait and see the respective final products before I decide whether I get them.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Other

TBF, this early on, a lot of the assets are probably simply temporarily fill ins and not permanent/what end game will look like.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited December 2022
    In truth, at this point, none of them appeal to me. Last I saw of Paralives, and I'm not particularly interested in it, I saw Sims 2 graphics and some Sims 2 features, like "smell the flowers". I think people need to realise that some of us have been simming for many years and we do remember previous iterations of the game. The fact that Paralives is even being talked about on a Sims forum and compared to Sims games is a legal action waiting to happen.
  • CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Other
    The fact that Paralives is even being talked about on a Sims forum and compared to Sims games is a legal action waiting to happen.

Not really. Making a competitor game with similar features is perfectly legal. Otherwise EA would have sued Cities: Skyline devs by now.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    I liked those animations!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Same here. They even look realistic.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    No I don’t I’m gonna buy more sims 4 expansion and stuff packs
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited January 2023

The animations look awesome, but I really just don't like the art style of the characters. I'm really interested in seeing what the Sims will look like in TS5. That will be the biggest thing for me.

EDIT:
    My poll vote would have been best as other. Because if TS5 is MMORPG, I will not get it even if the sims look awesome, and I already know that I'm not going to get Paralives.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top