Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,761 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am a bit concerned with the job rivalry and being laid off due to reorganisation. I think those are interesting features for some of my sims. But for other households I just want them to do their job without these obstacles. Did they mention if there is a way to turn this off in the options? I only watched a recap of the livestream so I don't know every detail that was mentioned.

The job rivalry doesn't bother me as much since apparently you can just invite the rival over to work things out. I admit that I'm concerned about the job layoffs though. My Sims jobs fit their personalities and I don't want to have to get another type of job. Hopefully we can just get the same one back again. This could be a real problem for my Not So Berry Sims too.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 164 Member
    I am a bit concerned with the job rivalry and being laid off due to reorganisation. I think those are interesting features for some of my sims. But for other households I just want them to do their job without these obstacles. Did they mention if there is a way to turn this off in the options? I only watched a recap of the livestream so I don't know every detail that was mentioned.

I think they mentioned something about your sims being able to possibly work through it. Whether that means clicking the “work hard” button while they’re at work or it’s one of those pop-ups with two or three choices or a pop-up asking if you’d be willing to put in extra hours and stay late, time will tell.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Greyling wrote: »

I think they mentioned something about your sims being able to possibly work through it. Whether that means clicking the “work hard” button while they’re at work or it’s one of those pop-ups with two or three choices or a pop-up asking if you’d be willing to put in extra hours and stay late, time will tell.

Thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 81 Member

That's my biggest concern about this pack. I don't want my sims getting laid off
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    My biggest concern for this new EP that besides adding to infants/babies One will experience no drastic difference to the Sims interactions with or without this EP. Sims will be Sims so either there will be a lot of bugs or the change will be superficial. Sometimes I wonder if EA know their own creation, like with the wedding pack; when has it ever been possible to assemble a lot of Sims in one place and have them do nothing but listen and watch?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,415 Member
    edited March 2023
    §84 ??? The sims are wealthy and the kids are too spoiled.

1 or 2€ was already amazing to buy some candies but it never reached the price of a video game.

• Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    If my experience with the current iteration of whims and how it blows every single thing out of proportion is going to be any indication, I hate to imagine what kind of mess the chemistry system is going to do. I'll probably stick with the "WW" version.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,922 Member

1 or 2€ was already amazing to buy some candies but it never reached the price of a video game.

I'm so old that 25 cents per tooth was exciting in my day. Losing two teeth at once and getting two whole shiny quarters was like winning the lottery. :D
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    Has anyone been able to find the movie place on the map? I don't see a direct travel to it icon on the map.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Has anyone been able to find the movie place on the map? I don't see a direct travel to it icon on the map.

Same as Tartosa's City Hall, it's a neighborhood object, not a venue.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member

Thank you.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,922 Member

Looks like the closest travel-to location to it would be the library.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I'm so old that 25 cents per tooth was exciting in my day. Losing two teeth at once and getting two whole shiny quarters was like winning the lottery. :D

Yup. Waking up to find a quarter under my pillow would buy me a small bag of chips and a bottle of orange pop at the corner store. We were wealthy indeed! :smiley:

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'm sure at 100% that Maxis forgot to add Stargaze/cloudwatch when the sleeping bag is outside :p .
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 713 Member
    They still have a few days before launch to do so. ;)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,299 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Yup. Waking up to find a quarter under my pillow would buy me a small bag of chips and a bottle of orange pop at the corner store. We were wealthy indeed! :smiley:

I'm young .
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    To be completely fair this is a game where a single roll of toilet paper is 50$, is 84$ for a tooth might not be that extreme XD
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited March 2023
    87 simoleons is just enough to buy a roll of paper and some stickers for your wall
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    87 simoleons is just enough to buy a roll of paper and some stickers for your wall

its also enough to buy a toy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 555 Member
    If I get this pack, the first thing I will do is look for a mod to remove the stupid magic rug that appears beneath infants when you place them on the ground. It reeks of the same sensibilities behind their decision not to create doghouses for EP04 because "it's cruel".

Just let my sims neglect their children in peace, okay?
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 863 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    also it bothers me in general that Sims 4 EP's lack gameplay objects. They always feel really empty when it comes to actual gameplay objects.

That part, absolutely. I was hoping for costume chests, maybe trampolines, ballet lessons, play tag, maybe hide and seek, ghost stories etc… they’re stingy with the content they put out overall and it takes
    literal years to get the content we want, I’m still waiting for an arcade lot with tons of fun machines. It was my absolute favorite lot to make in sims 3 i would always make these crazy builds with a different ambiance at each machine etc…

Also I don’t understand why careers are so hard to make. High school years should have added/updated the education career so we can actively play as high school professor or something. growing together would have been the perfect opportunity to add the daycare career…

It feels to me as though each EP gets less and less gameplay as time goes on 😭
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,299 Member
    edited March 2023
    Well least we get treehouses, puzzels, teeth being lose and kids riding bikes.
    Post edited by Horrorgirl6 on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,715 Member
    Are you all suggesting that we can blame the tooth fairy for today's financial inflation problems?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Absolutely. It's all the tooth fairy's fault!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.