Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve just read Answers HQ and it sounds like a glitch that they’ve managed to solve. That’s made me feel a bit better.

Panic (sort of) over!

I'm happy for you. I will be in full panic mode until my base game and all my packs are transferred and I am playing with ease :D
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Yep, I was forced over about a week ago and to say I was angry and panicked is an understatement :D Everything is working as it should though if that makes you feel any better! I just don't understand the forced change since it's still in beta.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Yep, I was forced over about a week ago and to say I was angry and panicked is an understatement :D Everything is working as it should though if that makes you feel any better! I just don't understand the forced change since it's still in beta.

Please may I ask how you fixed it? Just for reference so I know what to do in the future.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yes. I was forced to switch just now and am missing stuff packs and kits from Sims 4 and store worlds from Sims 3. I got an error message telling me that there was a problem with my account, but it never told me what it was or directed me to any place for further information or how to fix it. They remove any conversations here on the forum about problems, even if the information is helpful, saying go to Answer HQ, I have gone to Answers HQ and cannot find any information to help me. I have no idea what I am supposed to do to get my missing packs and kits. It had me delete Origin, so I have no record of the stuff I had in Origin. It is beyond frustrating.

Editing to add: My library does not show all of the packs and kits I own and it duplicates one of the packs. However, if I just do a search using the pack name, my missing packs say that I own them. In game, all of my packs and kits show up. So it appears that it is just a library issue and not really a missing content issue.
    Post edited by Monet11 on
  • Options
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Yes. I was forced to switch just now and am missing stuff packs and kits from Sims 4 and store worlds from Sims 3. I got an error message telling me that there was a problem with my account, but it never told me what it was or directed me to any place for further information or how to fix it. They remove any conversations here on the forum about problems, even if the information is helpful, saying go to Answer HQ, I have gone to Answers HQ and cannot find any information to help me. I have no idea what I am supposed to do to get my missing packs and kits. It had me delete Origin, so I have no record of the stuff I had in Origin. It is beyond frustrating.

In this force to switch, I wish everyone Good Luck. If I run across a way to fix any issues as a result to being forced from Origin to the EA App, I will post it here...
    Happy Simming Everyone <3
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Was forced over to the EA App a week or so ago. Occasionally get the "problem with your account" message, sometimes my game just will not come up until I give my computer a restart, otherwise Sims 4 seems to be working OK for now (fingers crossed). If there was a way to switch back to Origin I would.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    I do believe this push from Origin to the EA App, has everything to do with the next iteration of the Sims franchise, and nothing at all to do with Sims 4. I believe they are testing our tolerance for subscriptions and other micro transaction in the next iteration of the sims through the Sims 4. I believe, that they are making sure that no matter how we feel, that, if what ever else comes from the Sims 4, they turn a beautiful profit, is a good sign to them that the next iteration of Sims will profit well too. This is why switching from Origin to the EA app is so messy right now, because it is not about the Sims 4.
  • Options
    I do believe this push from Origin to the EA App, has everything to do with the next iteration of the Sims franchise, and nothing at all to do with Sims 4. I believe they are testing our tolerance for subscriptions and other micro transaction in the next iteration of the sims through the Sims 4. I believe, that they are making sure that no matter how we feel, that, if what ever else comes from the Sims 4, they turn a beautiful profit, is a good sign to them that the next iteration of Sims will profit well too. This is why switching from Origin to the EA app is so messy right now, because it is not about the Sims 4.

Just an add on to the above. I'm switching and dealing with it. This feeds their ego of course. But, truth of the matter is, when I purchase the base game, I look at it as an investment. So, for the Sims 4, if they keep dropping packs I want, I will buy. However, when it comes down to the next iteration of Sims, EA may not be so lucky to get my money. But time will tell....
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    if they make sims 5 empty without any of some of the sims 4 dlc like seasons i will wait a bit till that in game.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

Please may I ask how you fixed it? Just for reference so I know what to do in the future.

I had no option but to install EA App. All of my packs were there and I have had no issues, so far at least! :)
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited March 2023
    As we like to say in the UK:

“What an absolute ‘mare!”

Thanks for sharing your experiences everyone! Much appreciated
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sayuli_ wrote: »
    Just migrated to the EA app upon being forced to. The Sims 2 is entirely missing from the app. I had a copy of the Ultimate Collection and it is not there. It will not let me play from my desktop shortcut, either.

Just delete the old shortcut and make a new one to \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I may have had a unique experience. I took a break from playing and when I came back, origin was fully phased out and EA app was in place. I started the game and saw these popups about origin being discontinued. I have a new computer that never had The Sims installed so I ran a clean install and everything seemed to work fine. The only thing that is weird is the EA App (and origin too) don't take kindly to your computer in sleep mode; when I open my computer from sleep mode I get these popups referencing errors or being offline.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    The EA app replaced Origin for me last week with no issues with packs disappearing or in game objects disappearing so far, so good.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Pretty sure Origin is becoming obsolete, especially when it becomes unsupported.

Got the notif to be basically tell me to switch to ea app and i was just 'finnne'. And...it's not terrible actually. Use to have so many problem with Origin and honestly so many people use to complain a lot about Origin too.

It actually loads my games pretty fast. Thus far I haven't had any problems with it. Read a few things about if people aren't able to play there games it's usually has something to do between the cache that needs to be cleared.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited March 2023
    Pre-orders have been done with Origin PC so it's technically possible to purchase this pack.

Latest software update was 10.5.119.52718 on Feb. 7th, 2023.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It finally caught up with me yesterday and I had to install. It actually wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Everything ran fine.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    My worry as a Mac user is the delay for us is due to the new Apple M1 processor. My Mac is only two years old but it has an Intel processor. When Disney released Dreamlight Valley, Macs were two or three months behind every other platform in getting access. When it finally released I went to the Apple AppStore to get it only to be told it only works on Apple M1 Macs. I can't even download it because I have an Intel processor. This delay in launching the EA App for Mac users screams of the same thing, which means when it does launch my game, and anybody else on an Intel powered Mac, may be rendered unplayable because we don't have the 'correct' processor. Every other spec on this computer blows the minimum specs out of the water. I can run the game on ultra settings at a screen res of 5120x2880 without issues, and yet the name on the processor is going to render it obsolete long before the hardware wears out.

This is as much an Apple problem as it is an EA problem or any other software developer. It is something that Mac users need to be aware of because for those of us with machines made in 2020 or earlier may be in for a rude awakening when the EA App comes to Mac. We're not hearing whether or not we will need to have M1 Macs to keep playing. It would be nice just from the standpoint of not getting blindsided and being locked out until we get a new computer. I'm not opposed to getting a new Mac, the reviews for the M1's are stellar. I can trade this one in with Apple and use that trade in value to cover over a 1/4th of the cost of a new one, but since I want to custom spec it I need lead time. Since this one still runs like a dream I don't want to move too soon on getting a new one until it's absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    I had to switch to the EA app a few weeks ago. It seems to work fine for me, but I'd switch back to origin if I could, since the EA app requires an internet connection to open the game. I play through Steam, so offline mode was the only way for me to delay updates (I play with mods).
  • Options
    rogue_55rogue_55 Posts: 8 New Member
    I had to switch to the EA app yesterday. The few games that I have are all there. The Sims 4 seems to work fine. I pre-ordered Growing Together after I switched. Hopefully it will download okay on the 16th.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yeah they started rolling out the update for certain accounts around the end of last year. I had to update earlier this week. There’s no way around it, you can’t play sims 4 once it’s your turn to update. Unless you play with Internet off, but I didn’t try it

Well... my heart is officially broken :'( But that pack I must have, so update I will. Maybe i'll try switching before the pack drop. I tried back in November and it didn't go well at all. None of my Sims 4 base game and packs transferred over. And they gave me the free standard Sims 4 pack. I only mention the fact that its standard Sims 4 because I purchased what they called Sims 4 premium edition when the sims 4 released. I'm not complaining, I am just simply saying, when that happened, it caused me some severe anxiety to think of what I would have to go through with EA just to get everything properly transferred, I still haven't been able to transfer my Sims 3 from an Origin account I signed up to back when and totally forgot about it. However, I still had the Origin app on an external drive and was able to re-install it and all my packs. Thank you very much for your response. Happy Simming :)

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I do know when I updated from the Beta version of the App and made the switch from Origin, my packs didn't seem to show up, at first. I installed another version of Origin, and everything was there, as before. I did try the App again and suddenly everything was there, too. I know many had a problem with their packs sliding over, but I read somewhere this has been resolved. I was very hesitant, too. You have more of a reason than I going through what you did. Keep Origin and play with the App and see if things are okay. Then once you see that all is well, then uninstall Origin. But I would do it before the Patch and the EP come out, as you suggested.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    Just migrated to the EA app upon being forced to. The Sims 2 is entirely missing from the app. I had a copy of the Ultimate Collection and it is not there. It will not let me play from my desktop shortcut, either.

Just delete the old shortcut and make a new one to \Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe

That's Sims 4's shortcut. That wouldn't work for Sims 2. And if it's the Ultimate Collection, it would potentially need EA App to recognize it as being installed. If they got it after EA removed securom from it, it required you to be connected to Origin to play. If EA App isn't recognizing it and they have the version that requires Origin [now EA App], that could pose a problem even if they find the actual .exe on their computer.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited March 2023
    I just got the dreaded "EA app is your new hOmE." Even being offline and my laptop has been off since last Sunday. Seems like Origin had a ticking bomb inside. Ugh. Here goes everything.

Edit: Only issue so far is launching in offline mode. I always play offline. Apparently it's a known issue. *sigh* At least I did my TS4 update jump last weekend. I had not updated since March '22.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Hm it’s showing up for me tho. Maybe contact their support?
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2023
    I had no problems with Sims 2 UC disappearing from the EA App on my new laptop I got for Christmas. It's still there for me along with all of my Sims 3 and 4 content.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top