Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Hi everyone, just to report that I'm unable to play any of my EA games, since February 28th.
    Right until then I was able to play my sims 3 fine apart from the very annoying problem of not being able to download stuff I own (I own all items on the store, all EA worlds and stuff and EP's) I have been playing the sims 3 for nearly 14 years, and now... THIS!
    I have reported it somewhere but I do not know if and when it's going to get sorted.
    As for now, I've unistalled the EA app and that was another ordeal as I tried since yesterday, but would not do it. I ended up having to download a program to specifically get rid of it.
    I HAD ENOUGH.
    I have taken the "invitation" to Steam, and see where that takes me...
    But I do want my stuff back, I paid a lot of money for all I got, it was a labour of love and a great deal of money, I am not happy to loose it!
  • FrancesWeryFrancesWery Posts: 56 Member
    I have noticed that some of the worlds I bought on the Sims3Store don't show up as owned on the EA app. They are installed and working, but when I scroll through the list of add-ons Dragon Valley Gold and Barnacle Bay show up as unowned. Monte Vista shows up, though. Since I did purchase them years ago this makes me wonder if it might be a problem in the future as I recently went back to Sims 3 and foresee playing it for some time.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    My game worked fine (I was forced to make the switch), EXCEPT

the cursed BUST THE DUST :s pack reinstalled itself after being blissfully gone using James Turner's o:) sacred uninstall instructions for several years.

And of course I disabled it in the Game Options. It is Satan. It overrode the disable, of course. I'm playing an Apocalypse scenario where all the households are off the grid. I guess poor Jessica Ebadi will soon die of starvation because she can't use her kitchen counters, and some junk food addict decided to program a diarrhea moodlet into the game whenever the sims eat fresh produce now.

I think I'll just play This War of Mine. That game works just fine, no bugs. It's available on Steam.

0gzs2cuev8vu.png
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Heya,

I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.

Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Than could you guys please give us the option to not switch over to the new EA App and keep using Origin by simply pressing a button? I'm glad that you're concerned, and that you're trying to help, but I shouldn't have edit the code to keep using Origin, just so that I can keep using CAW if I want to. I received instructions on how to do it, but it won't let me because the file is in a folder set to read only and I am unable to change it.

If all online functionality is gone from Origin after that, I don't care so long as EIG works again. You guys should not be basically forcing people to switch over so long as there's any reason that people might not want to do so.

I'm thankful that you're trying to fix the problem, but in the meantime, if you can't, I would prefer to be able to keep using CAW

I have noticed that some of the worlds I bought on the Sims3Store don't show up as owned on the EA app. They are installed and working, but when I scroll through the list of add-ons Dragon Valley Gold and Barnacle Bay show up as unowned. Monte Vista shows up, though. Since I did purchase them years ago this makes me wonder if it might be a problem in the future as I recently went back to Sims 3 and foresee playing it for some time.

100% correct. I freaked when I didn't see High End Lofts in my inventory, but it's all there. In light of the glitchiness of TS4, I'll probably be going more retro with my gaming. I had a blast playing Marla Biggs in TS3 the other day.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    has anyone changed to the EA app
    No Choice to Access Otherwise Here

Had to readjust some "Settings" in game when I loaded the first time ... And had some issues.
    Closed out with adjusted settings saved ... Restarted computer ... All Content and Everything is operating as it should now.

Good Luck ... And Have A Lovely Day Everyone

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Oh yay! I can't make purchases on EA App because the EA App's browser won't work with ID-cards, thus I can't authenticate myself and thus cannot purchase anything. And it is also impossible to buy the expansion pack through web browser. Yay! This essentially locks me out of buying things now!
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Oh yay! I can't make purchases on EA App because the EA App's browser won't work with ID-cards, thus I can't authenticate myself and thus cannot purchase anything. And it is also impossible to buy the expansion pack through web browser. Yay! This essentially locks me out of buying things now!

Odd. You may want to reach out to us on www.Help.EA.com so we can take a look at your account.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Odd. You may want to reach out to us on www.Help.EA.com so we can take a look at your account.

Ok. But first, could you tell me if it is possible to purchase games through web browser? The main issue is my country's niche bank security measure and EA App's browser not having necessary plugins.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager

Ok. But first, could you tell me if it is possible to purchase games through web browser? The main issue is my country's niche bank security measure and EA App's browser not having necessary plugins.

There is no web store interface for the EA app at this time. Purchases are possible via game code redemption or in app purchases.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

There is no web store interface for the EA app at this time. Purchases are possible via game code redemption or in app purchases.

I see... It should be a possibility though, as thanks to that I'm locked out of any EA App purchases.

I guess I'll have to create PayPal account then...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I dunno, just like The Sims has always worked for me, so is EA App.

It's the only thing I can say; the Sims has always (usually) worked when I want it to.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    It's working fine for me. The only thing is I need to get over the apprehension I feel every time I start the game. 😄
    I went into my game about an hour ago and all my packs were missing. Nice going, EA.

chefs_kiss_2.jpeg
  • Sayuli_Sayuli_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Just migrated to the EA app upon being forced to. The Sims 2 is entirely missing from the app. I had a copy of the Ultimate Collection and it is not there. It will not let me play from my desktop shortcut, either.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sayuli_ wrote: »
    Just migrated to the EA app upon being forced to. The Sims 2 is entirely missing from the app. I had a copy of the Ultimate Collection and it is not there. It will not let me play from my desktop shortcut, either.

Did you do a complete reboot of your computer after installing it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    edited March 2023
    It's working fine for me. The only thing is I need to get over the apprehension I feel every time I start the game. 😄

Yes, it worked for me too, and I find myself now opening the app on a daily basis even if I'm not going to play, just to make sure it's still working as it should be, and that's been since early December!
    I guess the apprehension/anxiety will fade away eventually :D
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2023
    At the end of the live stream the gurus stated that pc players can purchase Growing Together on EA app and mac user can purchase from Origin. I am a pc player and still play my Sims 4 through Origin. I don't want to ever switch over to the EA app, even though I know at some point in time I will be forced to switch. I'm just wondering, has that time come with Growing Together? I truly hope not. If so this would definitely delay my purchase of the pack. I also hope I am positing this in the correct category.
    https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxenGvHfD_qrmxWcvrpx8wC5-4SZaWXmus
    Post edited by EA_Solaire on
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yeah they started rolling out the update for certain accounts around the end of last year. I had to update earlier this week. There’s no way around it, you can’t play sims 4 once it’s your turn to update. Unless you play with Internet off, but I didn’t try it
    Yeah they started rolling out the update for certain accounts around the end of last year. I had to update earlier this week. There’s no way around it, you can’t play sims 4 once it’s your turn to update. Unless you play with Internet off, but I didn’t try it

Well... my heart is officially broken :'( But that pack I must have, so update I will. Maybe i'll try switching before the pack drop. I tried back in November and it didn't go well at all. None of my Sims 4 base game and packs transferred over. And they gave me the free standard Sims 4 pack. I only mention the fact that its standard Sims 4 because I purchased what they called Sims 4 premium edition when the sims 4 released. I'm not complaining, I am just simply saying, when that happened, it caused me some severe anxiety to think of what I would have to go through with EA just to get everything properly transferred, I still haven't been able to transfer my Sims 3 from an Origin account I signed up to back when and totally forgot about it. However, I still had the Origin app on an external drive and was able to re-install it and all my packs. Thank you very much for your response. Happy Simming :)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Does anyone know how to get your packs back without re-buying them? I’m hearing all sorts of horror stories about this switch and it’s scary to think about losing all my hard work and money. It’s why I’m not switching yet. I had no idea this was a forced change!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited March 2023
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get your packs back without re-buying them? I’m hearing all sorts of horror stories about this switch and it’s scary to think about losing all my hard work and money. It’s why I’m not switching yet. I had no idea this was a forced change!

They were automatically moved over to EA App for me, just downloaded it and my saves, pack, and hours played were passed over. I haven’t heard anyone rebuying them but they have Answers HQ to report bugs such as those.
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
    Yeah I’ve just read Answers HQ and it sounds like a glitch that they’ve managed to solve. That’s made me feel a bit better.

Panic (sort of) over!
    I'm hoping they just push me over to the EA app now that I think about it. Because that fear of losing everything is very real. On youtube, I wish I could remember which content creator, but yeah, I heard horror stories. when I had my issue, I could not even find where to download the Origin app just to get my stuff back. But I have heard that when EA/Maxis, whoever, push you over to the EA app, that people did not experience any issues.
    Yeah I’m not gonna do anything until they make me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top