Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I got the same thing and I just switch to EA App and now my wishlist is gone! :tired_face:

Apparently the EA App doesn't support a wishlist. At least according to this report from October. Maybe @EA_Cade can verify if that's still the case

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-the-wishlist-function-gone-on-the-EA-app/td-p/11984651
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I got the same thing and I just switch to EA App and now my wishlist is gone! :tired_face:

Apparently the EA App doesn't support a wishlist. At least according to this report from October.

Yeah, I was reading that. I hope they add it back, but I wonder why they removed it.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I was finally compelled to do it. Fortunately I found the button that lets me play offline so I don't yet need to update my game itself (waiting for the infants release).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    I'm petrified of changing to it, but it's now giving me no choice! :( I can't play unless I switch to the app. But my computer is so slow and everything is barely running Sims 4 as it is without me adding anything else to my computer ...... if I could afford a new computer I would, so I limp along playing everything at the minimum. Well wish me luck about to switch to the dark side
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    mine wont download, keeps saying try again.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited March 2023
    My time to say goodbye to Origin came last night. The EA app installed with no hiccups and i could play my game as normal with nothing missing in-game.
  • SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2023
    It is saying "Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password."

I have reset my password three times and it wont let me log in ? However it will let me log into here .... anyone else having issues?
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    Day 1 was fine. Day 2...apparently there is an error and I cannot load the game. If I switch to offline, all my games vanish from the list. I am not amused. I'm disappointed. I've been at work all day, now it's time to have some fun, and I'm getting annoyed instead. :(
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Day 1 was fine. Day 2...apparently there is an error and I cannot load the game. If I switch to offline, all my games vanish from the list. I am not amused. I'm disappointed. I've been at work all day, now it's time to have some fun, and I'm getting annoyed instead. :(

I had that earlier, rebooted my PC and it went away.
    PhilSims wrote: »

That's a good idea, thank you. I will try that. If it still doesn't work, I guess I have no excuse but to do something useful...
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager

That's a good idea, thank you. I will try that. If it still doesn't work, I guess I have no excuse but to do something useful...

Working now? I would hate to force you into doing something useful.

I will do everything in my power to keep you as un-useful as you wish.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I was forced over last weekend. Everything came over okay but yesterday my game crashed. I hadn't saved in a while and lost a lot of gameplay. I used to have to save often when I played the sims 3 so I will just need to get back into the habit of frequently saving. I also noticed it takes a lot longer to load between screens and to save. I think perhaps I've been spoiled by years of the game working pretty well for me.
    edited March 2023
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Hi, yeah it worked (thanks @PhilSims). I should have thought of rebooting - it's usually the first thing an IT person says, and I've given plenty of people that same advice myself as well, but as usual I immediately opened up everything I wanted so I was trying to avoid closing it all down!

I finally started to do something a little bit useful (writing) but apparently I needed those 2 hours of playing to psych myself up to it! I'm playing characters from my book series at the moment, it's fun to see visual representations of the people in my head, and some of the pictures in my head actually derive from the sims versions I made when I was planning, back in 2019.

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    Was just forced over too. My main, number one, the most burning complaint is that The Sims 3 Create a World is not compatible with it. If you click edit in game there, it opens the launcher and opens the game normally. With Origin, you could just get the game open in Create a World mode, which allowed you to edit lots in the world you're creating.

And it's not just me, other players have that problem too (and I'll include the link to Answers HQ): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-Sims-3-Create-a-World-Edit-in-game-doesn-t-work/td-p/11461331

I think we need to bring this issue to attention as I haven't seen it being talked about elsewhere.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,310 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2023
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Was just forced over too. My main, number one, the most burning complaint is that The Sims 3 Create a World is not compatible with it. If you click edit in game there, it opens the launcher and opens the game normally. With Origin, you could just get the game open in Create a World mode, which allowed you to edit lots in the world you're creating.

And it's not just me, other players have that problem too (and I'll include the link to Answers HQ): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-Sims-3-Create-a-World-Edit-in-game-doesn-t-work/td-p/11461331

I think we need to bring this issue to attention as I haven't seen it being talked about elsewhere.

Heya,

I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.

Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Heya,

I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.

Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

I'm happy to see that at least it is looked into. I do hope that it will get resolved eventually.

Thank you for answering.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Now not even putting Origin in offline mode is working.

I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

I should be able to determine when I upgraded to the EA App. I would have been fine if that meant that I could not update Sims 4 until such time as I updated to EA App. But I should have been able to play my game without having to update to the EA App.

There have still be users with reported issues with the other Sims games that I own and still currently play. I'm not happy about having to possibly troubleshoot problems that should have been resolved BEFORE the switch was made mandatory to even play the game. Still seeing people report packs missing and issues installing store content for Sims 3. Content that had already been installed. And I have every pack and a fair bit of the store, including several worlds. All of my current games are in worlds that are either from an EP or the Store. None are in Sunset Valley. So you can imagine my unease at having to possibly troubleshoot my game to even play some of my saves. It's not like hairs, clothes, and objects, which could be replaced. The world not so much.

This will be impacting my decision to get future EA games - even those unrelated to Sims. Even if I have no issues when I finally decide to deal with it. And I had been trending upwards with my opinion of EA given recent previews of Sims 4 and other games. But this just killed all of that.

Just to give an indication of the type of user I am when it comes to being able to play my games: my main desktop is on Windows 7 because I don't want to risk the issues that cause Sims 2 to not be played to be present and Windows 7 has the lowest chances of that. Yes, I realize that this means I can't play some games. But I was aware that that was likely to be the case at some point when I made the PC.

I'd be having no issues if this was an upgrade your OS or be on your own troubleshooting wise if an update breaks your ability to play the game. Because that's what I signed up for when I bought Windows 7. More and more software and games not being designed to work on it and no longer being supported because of it.

I didn't sign up for having my ability to play being locked behind upgrading my app launching program at some point.
  • skye83644skye83644 Posts: 15 New Member
    So today we are supposed to change to EA app. But what if I don't want to? Nope-no option to get in there without installing ea app. And this will delete Origin from your pc.....I tried, but can't get around it. Darn it anyways.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,642 Member
    edited March 2023

Hi, yeah it worked (thanks @PhilSims). I should have thought of rebooting - it's usually the first thing an IT person says, and I've given plenty of people that same advice myself as well, but as usual I immediately opened up everything I wanted so I was trying to avoid closing it all down!

I finally started to do something a little bit useful (writing) but apparently I needed those 2 hours of playing to psych myself up to it! I'm playing characters from my book series at the moment, it's fun to see visual representations of the people in my head, and some of the pictures in my head actually derive from the sims versions I made when I was planning, back in 2019.
    @Mariefoxprice83 OMG! I write too, and I have also recreated my characters in sim form.
    Sorry, off topic, but just had to say it!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I have been forced to switch to the new app.

I hate it. I've already pre-paid for GT on Origin Store but, once it releases I'll do my best to try and translate all of the content I've already purchased (every single pack and plenty of BB kits) to Steam Store.
    Happy simming!
  • quin260711quin260711 Posts: 2 New Member
    It forced me to change. One of my packs will not download and I can't access my store content. I'm quite peeved!
    February11 wrote: »
    @Mariefoxprice83 OMG! I write too, and I have also recreated my characters in sim form.
    [/quote]

Yay! Hope your projects are going well. I find the game is an excellent way to visualise characters.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,642 Member
    February11 wrote: »

Yay! Hope your projects are going well. I find the game is an excellent way to visualise characters.[/quote]

Likewise. All the best with your new EA App :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I am so thankful that today when it forced me to change over, I am lucky to be one of the people EA App has run Sims 3 perfectly for. I was so worried!
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Have Sims 3 on the app on my laptop and have been afraid to switch over. Yesterday it gave me no choice so I hit the button. Better to just get it over with, right? To my surprise it downloaded pretty quickly and all my packs transferred over. Most of my store stuff is there. Just missing some patterns and a few items. I played and was pleased that it ran well.
    Will be checking on what is missing today. But so far so good.
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top