Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,925 Member
    edited November 2022
    It's not your typical honeymoon, but Mara and Cassandra are on their way to learn some things.

tartosa1.png

Aliens Stole My Alien Parents, Act Two Day 8

• Options
    LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    Having sleepover with Léa and Rory last night.
    YZpqf8J.pngJWPb4Ow.pngANL2uLe.png
  • Options
    plumsiebobplumsiebob Posts: 37 Member
    Aaw, they're su cute! @LilNerdySimmers

River. Any pronouns are fine, but I mainly go by they/them. Neurodivergent, cat parent, tea addict. Occult and berry sim SimLit.

aTuIcL0.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,467 Member
    Great updates everyone 😃
    @GalacticGal
    P.1056 Thank you, it’ll slowly get better for Colette
    @DaniRose2143
    P.1056 Oo I see, Izabella seems really interesting regardless if not Giula. Looking forward to her story. Nice of Allegra to catch up with her brother, and she gets along with Liberty ☺️ The kitchen perfect is perfect for a celebrity chef 😎 The view is perfect. Summer and Darian’s house looks amazing, I love the style. Also agreed, the aquarium is lovely. Really love how you did the closet! Haha "Did some prince somewhere die and leave you his fortune” Darians line is great, especially when he said Summers a better cook than his mom 🤣 Oo cooking streams going to take off! P.1057 Really lovely shot of Allegra looking at the sunset. Tartosa is beautiful. Lmao, Liberty thinking she has to learn simtalian. Liberty’s reaction throughout Allegra and Matteo’s argument was great, but she stepped in when she needed too 🙂 Allegra is great
    @Mightysprite
    P.1056 Haha Elsa googling how to hack during a hackathon 🤣 Oo nice trick Elsa. Ah better luck next time Oliver. 😉 Mara boss is not cool, that lazy guy. Love this line, “After all, how many of your trial lawyers can instantly read the minds of everyone in the room?” 😂 You’ll get through this Mara! Aw lol at Oliver and Kevin struggling with the gym equipment 😭 There is always a werwolf at the gym! Lol that no one first noticed besides Oliver. Least he got away safely. Awesome, he got accepted into university 🤩 Woah again with her boss, I feel bad for Mara. Aw that moodlet from the Pier. Ooo is Mara going to propose 👀 P.1057 Oof no wonder Cassandra wasn’t too fond of Sunny Side Up Diner. I agree with Mara though, it is a great place 😁 Lol she never touched the veggie burger 😭 Awh great moment between Cassandra and Mara. LMAO at Agnes in need of a lawyer🤣 Mara’s boss won’t give her a break. At least she was able to conquer her fear. Awh the date was going great, lol at this 😭“A week is a pretty good run, on normal lifespan, Mara thought, but didn't say it.” Awh Cassandra proposed 🥰 And Bellas going to officiate, perfect. Great chapter. Awh Oliver walked Mara down the aisle 🥰🥰 Awh congratulations to Mara and Cassandra P.1058 We’re nearing the end, Mara, Cassandra and Oliver have been great throughout the story so far. Love the suspense, what’s going to happen next
    @Metior_Ice
    P.1.057 lmao Sefina just showed up in the middle of class to ask Zephyr to prom. It is a very important question to ask
    @Lucy_Henley
    P.1057 Looks like the girls enjoyed Mt. Komorebi. She’ll do better in her acting career. That’s fun! Meeting someone who lives the same place you do while away. Small world 😉

The story continues:

After a very rocky week New Years Eve finally arrived. Originally Colette planned on celebrating with Aaron but now he was celebrating the day with their parents. Colette dropped him off at their apartment. Julie was overjoyed he was spending the day with them. They had tried getting her to celebrate with them too but she kept giving a very stern ‘no’, jvnX8xe.png
    Justin was in a fine mood, part of the conditions for Aaron to live with them was for him to control his outbursts and fix his attitude. Aaron was completely unaware of the conditions. He practiced preparing for the big moment by blowing horns. 69RMHYh.png Justin joined his son’s excitement and threw confetti. liUKv18.png Meanwhile Colette simply spent the day going around San Myshuno. After taking a quick swim at the pool she sat at the bar. diVdJVB.png She listened to some local musicians mdM3lLW.png Instead of dining out with Aaron she ate alone from a food stand. She was going to have to get used to it, she thought. Next week Aaron would be gone and the apartment would be practically empty. Ckt7gxT.png She watched a bit of the New Years celebration but before midnight Colette went to sleep. TgBftpk.png Aaron stayed awake with Julie and Justin waiting for the big event.mk7BwqR.png When the clock struck 12, they cheered. R3Yq4iS.png Before heading back to Del Sol Valley, Aaron was dropped off back home by his parents. Colette was outside waiting for him. The two gave each other a New Years hug. 3GJbh6f.png Aaron was excited to return, today they had decided they would pack his things so he could go live with his parents. They were going to Del Sol Valley in a mere days. kr9fyYo.png

When they arrived to Del Sol Valley, they went straight to a hotel. They didn’t spend much time inside since Aaron was getting anxious. “Do you think they’re ready? Maybe we should go in an hour” He asked Colette. eHJujDz.png
    “Well they asked you to come live with them, they should be prepared by now” Colette told him. t0oVNjO.png There she booked a room with enough space for only herself. She was only staying for 2 nights, she didn’t like Del Sol Valley. The sooner she got out of there, the better. She was sticking around for one day in case for some reason Aaron changed his mind and wanted to go back with her. She had a feeling though that there was little to no chance of that happening.WSsxj5x.png They were silent the whole walk to the house. Aaron broke the silence when they arrived. “So is this the last time we’ll see each other?” Aaron asked his sister. AgF6CEZ.png “Course not, maybe I’ll come visit…” she said trying to keep a smile.NeaAoJw.png “But you know, you can also see me through video calls.” Colette told him and she pointed to her phone. 1cOoT7b.png They hugged goodbye. 6NUMoe7.png Colette watched until he went inside. g6OsrL7.pngShe started to walk away when she remembered to turn on her phones ringtone, in case Aaron calls or messages her. She didn’t notice someone walking up to her from behind. XmKa6gi.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,467 Member
    “Hey! Recognize me?” He asked her. RXcY1wm.png
    Colette chuckled, she quickly recognized Warner. “Even with a new haircut you don’t look different. So you moved all the way here to Del Sol Valley?” She wasn’t expecting to find anyone or even him here. fcFd8eu.png He started to tell her he moved here after getting hired by another news agency. Many agencies reached out to him for him to join them. He became embarrassed when he added it was thanks to the article that ended up getting her fired and disbarred. elYGwBK.png Colette figured as much she told him. She admitted to him she was angry about it at first with him, but she got over it. She still believes her former colleague set her up. It didn’t make Warner feel better. He said he was ashamed and wanted to make it up to her in some way. Fcd30e6.png “Well if you want to make up for it, you can buy me some lunch. I’m starving” Besides being hungry, Colette was more upset about Aaron leaving and she could really use some company to distract herself. wlBPozO.png Warner took her a local diner. There she got this 😅 NZLmyWl.png The two quickly caught up with each other. While they waited for their food Warner told Colette he works with her mother, Julie. He said with a smile, she doesn’t like him. dmQoFwY.png Colette told him it was ok, she didn’t think her mother likes her either. She was curious though why he would continue to work with her then. iu23MNw.png I didn’t realize it until I turned the camera but it turns out Colette’s mother and father was there…right next to them! 😳 We’ll pretend though like they were never there 🤗ASXxJq5.pngdJ3y191.png

Colette was starving, when the food arrived she couldn’t wait to take a bite. Unfortunately for her it tasted horrible.8Dx0qli.png
    I looked over at the chef, and this was their face while cooking 😅 20He5JA.png Awkward moment, while they ate Julie texted Colette with this question. We told her it wasn’t a good idea. mMDAIdC.pngAfter eating Warner invited her to his home, turns out he lives across the street from her parents home. There Colette told him about the situation with her parents and Aaron. She vented on him, Warner figured from her expression she really needed someone to vent on.3ZUtLjD.png Seeing it was getting late Warner invited her to stay the night, he offered her his bed while he could sleep on the couch. tMLKJSU.png She declined and returned back to the hotel. Entering her room she found Aaron left her a small gift. It was the stuffed animal she bought him shortly after he moved in with her.tlCiRRv.png Aaron never texted or called her so she figured he was doing fine. She wanted to call him earlier before it got dark but she wasn’t sure if he’d like her calling on his first night with them. Instead Colette got some rest. When morning rose she simply got dressed and turned on the tv. She didn’t really plan for anything to do on her final day there. Nothing in Del Sol Valley really grabbed her attention.BjEdcdU.png Warner however had other plans. Colette told him where she was staying so Warner thought, maybe she wanted him to go see her. He texted her to meet her outside and offered her a day out while she was still there. GXL2qf3.png They sat down at a local park. He didn’t waste time in asking her about her love life. She joked with him and said she’s had a couple of boyfriends since him. 8bBPSSU.png She laughed and told him she was just joking when she saw his reaction. 66P3zn3.png He was relieved to hear that. hI1sCZp.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @mightysprite It’s a very important question to ask!

I can’t wait to share my update. I’ve had some delays, but I took some screenshots of what Sefina did after walking into the classroom. :D Oh, it’ll be worth the wait. :D
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,101 Member
    I took my sims on my real-life vacation yesterday. Not that i'll get enough time to see them! :D
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2022
    Spent (5 days in real life) building my sim and working her up in the civil designer career. In the green technician I find out she can cook food on the fabricator. I have simple living lot trait and I felt like she was cheating with that ability. So I started her in new game with level 3 cooking, level 6 handiness, and level 6 gardening skills. ( she's saved in my library with those skills )

I gave her fishing in the new game and worked her in the civil designer career again but not letting her advance to choosing a branch. Then her fishing felt like she was cheating, so I started her again with the low skills. I built her new house and went to vote after starting her civil designer career and I notice that voting is enabled even though I had turned it off. What!!!!!

I don't know if it's the EA App that's making my game act weird, ever sense I've installed it my builds are loosing the ceiling under glass roofs, the settings I choose don't stick, and the sims 3 camera settings don't work. :facepalm:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I am still in the set up phase of my Harry Potter World.
    Half the families are in the game and I am playing them to give them their wardrobes, careers, skills, relationship points, and personalizing their homes. It's currently spring and their children will be going to Hogwarts after summer.

The Malfoys are first. Narcissa is calling in for service help: Maid, Gardener, Butler. House elves fix broken objects over-night with the gnomes house trait. It's hard to avoid muggle technology in the sims, so I am not going to bother.
    11-15-22_1-44-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Lucius and Narcissa need to work on their spellcaster skills.
    11-15-22_2-08-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The neighborhood welcome wagon interrupts their practice session.
    11-15-22_2-49-11_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Blaise Zabini's mother and both Pansy Parkinson's parents make up the welcome wagon.
    11-15-22_2-50-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It's near dinner time. I might as well have the butler cook something.
    11-15-22_2-57-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It's nice to have them here since Draco with be friends with Pansy and Blaise.
    11-15-22_3-01-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I should get a mod to disable school since they are going to Hogwarts in Autumn.
    I'll think about it.
    11-15-22_3-03-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Putting in the characters while researching their backgrounds and other Harry Potter lore has been fun.
    11-15-22_4-04-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I will be taking great liberties with that lore however.
    11-15-22_4-05-09_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Experiencing all the students and their families should add a lot of immersion to this.
    11-15-22_4-06-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I have been brainstorming short story scenarios to play out.
    11-15-22_4-07-05_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Monster under the bed.
    11-15-22_4-57-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-15-22_4-57-40_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-15-22_6-37-38_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

He will have to substitute for a house elf.
    11-15-22_6-38-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited November 2022
    I realized when I sat down to write the reunion episode with Matteo and his parents that there wasn't going to be as much to work with as I had with Londyn's similar story. In her case her backstory about the falling out with her parents hadn't been revealed so there was lots to cover. In Matteo's case when I started writing I realized I had covered it already in the previous couple of episodes. I needed some more material to work with.

Londyn hasn't had an acting gig in a while so there will be that. Danielle hasn't written any new novels lately either. Those are some things that are a bit annoying, that actresses won't autonomously go to auditions or pick up gigs. Celebrities don't really do anything to keep their celebrity level up, and authors won't write books without you there to tell them too. That also got me to thinking, those two needed some updated outfits. They're becoming more successful, Londyn's star is rising and Danielle is gaining some notoriety, so it's time they have some outfits that reflect that.

Danielle received the bigger makeover. She kept her signature hairstyle, but lost the highlights, and I think she looks all the better for it. The slightly darker blonde suits her.
    8eG5Wj8.png
    UX1ku18.png

As a celebrity it's only natural Londyn experiments a bit. Jeans and a blazer might not be haute couture, but it works on her.
    KOi632Q.png
    HdGGBoU.png
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you, as always you're really sweet. I can't take credit for the closet. That was the original creator's work, and it was one of the things that made me fall in love with her lot. I did some major renovations and did some redecorating. The name of the lot if you or anybody else is interested is Tartosa Family Villa by ElenaShery.
    Aaron's question about whether they would ever see each other again was so heartbreaking. I'm glad Colette held it together in front of him, but you know it was killing her inside. And the stuffed animal...😭. I'm with Colette, Warner was the last person I would have expected to see. It's odd, but right now he's one of the better things Colette has going for her at this point.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @DaniRose2143 nice updates ~ great pictures. Dani's well and truly rocking her new makeover and that style totally works on Londyn! 😎

@CK213 OMG Harry Potter world in Sims 4!!! *trying to breathe*.
    Harry Potter is my fav thing! I just got the final book but with the new cute covers...
    S1uLYM.Book-Screenshot.png

Loved your update, looking and sounds perfect. Love the pics. You've recreated their home so well. It's perfect! Love how you did their long table, can just picture Nagini slithering along it to eat the late Miss Charity Burbage... Sorry I'm geeking out now. Lol. 😆
    Please keep us posted here I can't wait to see your next one.

@ClassClownTina

I have been doing research while building the world and I looked over my books yesterday. I have two paperbacks and the rest are Nook digital books. The odd thing is I am missing the Half-Blood Prince Paperback. So I decided to buy it today for $9.99 on my Nook. It makes for an odd Collection. I do like the new covers.

I have a thread that documents my Sims trial run. I was trying to figure out how it would all work before I play it for real.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996247/henford-on-bagley-and-down-the-hogwarts-rabbit-hole-i-go/p1
  • Options
    @ClassClownTina Thank you for the kind words. Your story looks really interesting. I can’t wait to see more!
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @CK213 You really have done a great job with both the sims and the decor... and I'm super curious where you'll take the lore!
  • Options
    _Gina wrote: »
    @CK213 You really have done a great job with both the sims and the decor... and I'm super curious where you'll take the lore!

I'm totally dependent on the Gallery. :D
    Too much work for me alone, but I am tweaking things further after I download them.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,645 Member
    edited June 2023
    In All Things, Balance, an Erik Cantrell Main Save RESET

Harmony was a handful, to say the least. While her parents had managed to solve her sleep-issues, she still wreaked havoc. If she was upset about something, anything, which seemed to happen all of the time, her behavior was unpredictable.
    Kayleigh was alerted when she was on her way to wash up and go to bed. As she walked past the top of the hall, she heard a noise that just didn’t sound right.
    IZvUm3E.jpg

Following her instincts, she entered the twins’ room. “Harmony, what have you done? That wasn’t yours to break. You share that with your brother and sister. And even if it was your very own, that’s so very destructive. Why, please tell me why you broke it like that?”
    OrgZ1NO.jpg
    Harmony still wasn’t talking very well. Her answer was nothing but Babble. This concerned both parents.

“I am very disappointed in your behavior, young lady. That was very wrong.”
    K9SDBul.jpg

Erik found his ‘cottage’ home in Henford-on-Bagley, a special place of refuge for him. The fans were nice, they were great, but never being able to go anywhere, on his own, was having an ominous affect on him. More and more he just desired to stay ‘in’. He never attended any of the Fairs this quaint town put on. Nor was he even tempted to do so.
    Everywhere he went it turned into a circus. What he needed, what his family needed, was a sense of balance. A way for Erik to do what he needed for his career and be there for his family, too. As it was, he spent hours down at Taygeda Studios recording tracks for albums, packaging the albums and finally releasing them. He boasted fifteen releases, to date.

In between, he did concerts and photoshoots both for album covers, and magazines, with the interview inside for his fans. But for that in-person much-needed contact with his fans, he tended to shy away. He did capture Selfies and made posts on his Simstagram Account and online, in general. He also was quick to answer their posts.
    R3EhXPi.jpg

At the tender age of almost twenty-three, he was beginning to feel a bit old to play this game. This sent him off into a serious spiral of introspection.
    a6BHzDz.jpg

PVJj3EI.jpg

He loved writing and playing his music. Ne needed his audience on so many different levels that the thought of retiring almost scared him. What was he to do for the rest of his life? When he thought of it in those terms, he realized just how young he still was.
    zLetw0H.jpg

Yet, the thought of being a thirty-year-old Rock Star one day, haunted him. Who does that? “Several have continued on,” Kayleigh told him flat out one evening when he was in a serious funk. “Don’t give up what you love, Erik, I know you’ll regret it. You are still very relevant. Your records fly off the Internet within the first hour of release. I just don’t know why you have to question yourself like this. Must be the Artist in you. Careful, your insecurities are showing, again. I’m going to bed. Join me?”

The next day dawned brightly, and as it was with most things, Erik felt much better about a lot of things. “Let’s take the kids down the hill and have a bit of a picnic today, shall we?”
    Kayleigh hurried downstairs and began rustling up breakfast for her crew.
    FFnfq9t.jpg

She chose pancakes, because they were a comfort food. And she knew they all needed some comfort. Erik had no idea how his moodiness affected the rest of them, and she wasn’t going to be the one to tell him, either. Sometimes, he just needed a small kick in the seat of his britches to get him back on track.
    gHC5YIA.jpg

She also knew that many a time, these moods led him to write songs so very compelling that the world recognized them for their worth. He was at his piano all night at Thanksgiving, after their guests left. He was up from another Best Song, come this Sunday.
    Erik often would take long walks, enjoying the sanctity of his home in the country. While he often had Paparazzi and fans outside of his gate, he could still sneak off, by beaming himself down the path and just walk. He found a nice little spot just down the hill, complete with picnic tables and a BBQ grill. Leading the way, they decided to let the children walk off some of their pent up energy.
    Harmony had spent too much time in Time Out, which for her was an early nap, in her crib. With the side rail locked. But this gnawed at the parents’ concerns as she could quite possibly attempt to climb over the side, instead. They were beside themselves with what to do with this child.
    GW52zRt.jpg

Kayleigh also spent time trying to work with the girl. She resisted flashcards, however.
    XQucIqh.jpg

When threatened with an early nap, which meant more time in her crib, she quickly snapped-to. “See? I knew you could do this.”
    TEL8Pr3.jpg

Yes, taking them outside today was a good thing. Erik watched, protectively, as the three made their way down the path.
    ULvKlTD.jpg

Sadly, it wasn’t long before one of the twins acted up. This time to their surprise, it was Melodie. Erik sighed.

“What’s the matter? Mother Nature didn’t do a good enough job for you? Seriously, she doesn’t need your help decorating the Great Outdoors. What a mess. Melodie, I’m deeply disappointed in you.”
    RaBOyjd.jpg

“Go over there, now, your mother has lunch ready.”
    6okUBKg.jpg

“See, we clean up after ourselves, so others can enjoy this place, too,” Kayleigh said, gathering their plates and spoons.
    0bUKffA.jpg

“Okay, it’s time to go back home. We’ve had enough outdoor time, for now.”
    aGAcMep.jpg

As they made their way up the path to their home again, Erik found himself entertaining the possibility of a family vacation. Perhaps, they should visit Sulani? Could be fun.

All for now. Thanks for reading. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,645 Member
    @CK213 I hear you. I love to build, but sometimes I'm in a hurry, so I'll peruse the Gallery to find something that suits my purposes. Mostly, I have to remove what I consider clutter (which is by far a different definition these days than that shared by others).
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @CK213 Either way, everything looks great together. (And gallery hunting is no easy work, either. I'd know, given how much I fail at building. ;DD)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,925 Member
  • Options
    Having sleepover with Léa and Rory last night.
    YZpqf8J.png
    JWPb4Ow.pngANL2uLe.png

Adorable kids.
    How do sleepovers work? Will they sleep in beds, or just wander about the house all night?
    In my Hogwarts play, I will be rotating between households during the summer. I can see Harry and Hermione staying with the Weasleys, or Pansy and Blaise with the Malfoys.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,973 Member
    I played a little bit with the Mastersons, but then the screen went white and I couldn't do anything. Sound was still playing (I could hear my Sims talking). I had to turn off my computer manually (i.e. with the power button). I had some kind of Origin error which may have caused it. Luckily when I started my computer back up again, everything seemed fine. I didn't lose a huge amount of progress, thankfully. But it's still annoying when that kind of thing happens!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top