Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I played a little bit with the Mastersons, but then the screen went white and I couldn't do anything. Sound was still playing (I could hear my Sims talking). I had to turn off my computer manually (i.e. with the power button). I had some kind of Origin error which may have caused it. Luckily when I started my computer back up again, everything seemed fine. I didn't lose a huge amount of progress, thankfully. But it's still annoying when that kind of thing happens!

Sounds as if Origin crashed or something.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I took my sims on my real-life vacation yesterday. Not that i'll get enough time to see them! :D

That only works for me when I accompany my hubby on his Field business trips. I stay in the hotel and while away the time playing my Sims. I got Erik and Kayleigh married while on such a trip. Had time to do it three times, but was still unsettled with it. When we got back home, things went better and I wrote about their wedding. Worts and all. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @mightysprite I really am enjoying your Aliens Stole my Parents story! The interlude with Bella has me hooked. Well done.
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hey there! A few days ago, I made 4 sisters. Just to play around with. It was actually really fun!
    bid1hve3pq6c.png
    Colette Hines. She's a quiet, loner type girl. She is the oldest. :blush:
    mjnx1ld4aabz.png
    Lyric Hines. A fun girl with a good sense of fashion. She hopes to own a clothing boutique one day.
    cobbo0tbcyzj.png
    Lyric's twin sister, Melodie, (I thought it was fitting since her sister's name was Lyric :tongue:) Spends most of her time playing video games and working on computers.
    7ew20a2xda90.png
    And finally, the youngest, Ash Hines. Ash had always been different from her sisters. She perfers staying at home, reading books and watching movies. She wants to be a actress one day.

A dance was going to come up, 3 out of the 4 had dates. Ash was still unsure if she wanted to go.
    kr0tubut90az.png
    "So, are you going yet?" Lyric asked Ash.
    "I dunno.. I don't have a date yet."
    Lyric smirked. "I know somebody." Ash was curious.
    "Who?"
    1jzpjctcifq9.png
    "A friend of mine. His name is Leo Rey. Ooh! You and him will be just perfect for each other!" Lyric did love to play "MatchMaker" and set up dates for her sisters and friends.
    Ash thought for a minute. It would be nice to have somebody to go to the dance with. "Alright, fine!"
    "OOOH! THANK YOU!" Lyric squealed. "You both will make such a cute couple!"
    3d8urat9hkxe.png
    "Oh, what have I gotten myself into?"
    s5r1e5da6jac.png
    Lyric got right down to business and called Leo up. He was happy to go with Ash, considering he didn't have a date either.
    odrejpbxn9uf.png
    Melodie was playing some video games, of course. :wink:
    j6kq0ynss8uq.png
    Ash was a bit nervous about the date. She had never met Leo, and all the blind dates her sister would set her up on, were never good. She had to give herself a little pep talk.
    yk7uuqr0rsa0.png
    A little cute photo of Colette and her long-time boyfriend, Brandon. <3
    r8oo6wwdh5lj.png
    It was early the next morning. The day of the dance. Lyric and Melodie had teamed up to give Ash a "makeover" and pick out her dress.
    x623ebuu8zdi.png
    *Ash* "*snore* *snore*"
    q2k7gilbpa95.png
    "Morning!" Lyric loudly chimed, peering over Ash's face. Ash shrieked and jumped up.
    "What the heck are you doing?!" She snapped.
    ais8ayecqwad.png
    "Getting you glamed up for the dance!" Lyric replied. "Me and Mel are going to help you pick your dress out."
    Ash rubbed her eyes and looked at her clock. "It's 6:30am.."
    "I know, but we need to plan first!"
    s3rqrvkc8y09.png
    Ash put her head in her hands. "Ugh!"
    "Come on! Up and at em'!" Lyric pulled Ash up and led her to the bathroom, where Ash was seated on a bar stool.
    "Ok, we need to figure out how we are going to do your hair." Lyric said. She combed out Ash's short hair.
    "I think slicked back would look nice." Melodie commented.
    "Ooh, you have something there." Lyric said.
    "Ugh!" Ash grumbled.
    iqjn3omf1je4.png
    With a little bit of hair gel, Lyric and Melodie did Ash's hair. They let her look in the mirror.
    "Huh." Ash said, looking at her sleek hair from all angles. "Not bad."
    "Next is a dress!" Lyric said. They looked through each other's closets to find the perfect dress. They picked out a pretty, long purple dress. They set the mirror up in Ash's bedroom and Ash saw herself in the dress. She thought she looked completely different!
    9u8x38hoprvl.png
    "Wow." Melodie said in awe.
    "Simply stunning!" Lyric exclaimed.
    "I like it!" Ash said. She looked at herself from all angles. Soon, Colette walked in. She gasped when she saw Ash in her dress.
    "Wow! You look beautiful!" She exclaimed. She gave her sister a big hug.
    zsuavq22fykb.png
    "I MUST take a photo of this."
    m4erku6yp9da.png
    1snyy7g4rpms.png
    The Dance
    Lyric danced with her partner, James.
    d54xoskv752a.png
    Colette swayed with Brandon.
    q2tupi9ceafx.png
    Melodie danced with her romatic interest, Jorden.
    wdvkoj7nsjgd.png
    Ash patiently waited for Leo to show up. Within about ten minutes, a young man approached her.
    vip0mme8bzdk.png
    "Ash? Ash Hines?" He asked.
    "Yes, that's me." Ash awkwardly grinned. "You must be Leo Rey?"
    kpbafh1cq7ig.png
    "Yes." They both shook hands. Leo took a seat on one of the chairs, Ash followed. Leo started to play on his phone. Ash quietly waited for him to dance with her.
    qpb3hcxt09jq.png
    Twenty Minutes Later...
    Leo stilled played on his phone. Ash had enough.
    pnjb265yx23f.png
    "Um, would you like to dance?" She asked.
    Leo looked up from his phone. "Ok." They both got up and went to the dance floor.
    The pianist was playing a slow, soothing song on the piano. Perfect for slow dancing.
    hvh9c7n0y8ru.png
    Leo actually was nice to dance with. Ash was impressed.
    tjaxsxay69jx.png
    At the end of the last song, everyone clapped and got off the dance floor.
    "Well, it was lovely meeting you." Leo said, holding Ash's hands. "I hope to see you again soon."
    "You too," Ash replied.
    rvybccu3v5tg.png
    Overall, the dance was pretty good. Leo and Ash promised to go on a date sometime soon! Maybe Ash has found a future boyfriend?
    Hope everyone has a lovely day/night! :blush:

Post edited by Simexpert123 on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited November 2022
    I got a couple of sim days worth of gameplay done in Tartosan Sun. Londyn landed her biggest role yet, earned gold, and took home a lot of simoleans. She was full of confidence when she arrived at the studio.
    lXHufWO.png

With the money Londyn earned for this gig, she and Danielle can start making plans for a new home. A bigger home. But what and where? Add on? Their current home is smaller than most shoe boxes. They could triple the size of the floor plan and it would only be as big as a broom closet. There's lovely beach front property on the other side of Tartosa Bay. It is the same beach where Londyn proposed to Danielle. They both love the view from their current lot. They could tear the current house down and build something new. Ahh, decisions.

Meanwhile I took a little bit of time to work on a character for the new story I plan to do with Judith Ward and my own creation, Rayvn Nash. This is Harley Jacobs. She looks sweet and innocent, doesn't she? Is she cut out for life among Del Sol Valley's divas?
    HjwxhfI.png

This new story will be separate, not part of Tartosan Sun. Speaking of Tartosan Sun, it's not going anywhere. It's still my baby.

I don't have a name for the new story yet. I have a few I'm considering...

'Real Divas of Del Sol Valley' (I already ripped off Under The Tuscan Sun, why not?)
    'Valley of the Divas'
    'Schemes and Dreams'
    'Schemers and Dreamers'

I'm in no rush on a name. I still have a lot of work to do. I have loads of sims to create, lots to place...
  • Options
    NannalauridsenNannalauridsen Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Simmerella said:
    > Something that I have always loved to do here on the forums is to read about what has happened in other peoples game. I know there is a thread with the same name on The Sims 3 and did find one on The Sims 4 but the last update on that thread was in December so I thought it would be fun with a new fresh thread where you can tell us all about what happened in your game. So let's begin!
    >
    > I started to play with the Pancakes family today and they have some serious issues in my game. Eliza is pregnant with their first child is always yelling at poor Bob who is doing the best that he can to support his family, when he's not at work he is always doing things to get closer a promotion. Even though Eliza is always complaining when she's around Bob he is always complimenting her and flirts with her. They doesn't woohoo that often but when they do it is in Eliza's bed and when they are done he always goes back to his own bed and sleeps there. Eliza is often at the gym and still unemployed and is trying to become friends with Bella Goth and Nancy Landgraab. She has also started an affair with Nancys husband, Geoffrey Landgraab.
    >
    > So tell me, what has happened in your game today?

I built a house and started playing, but as soon as i left built mode, all of my power inside the house shut off. I tried turning the lights back on, but it tells me that power doesn't work outside. Its SO frustrating!
    Then i tried relining all of the walls and reattatching ceilings to make sure everything was definetely inside, but it still doesn't work.
    If i reload the game i can replace all the lights and they'll work as long as im still in built, but as soon as i enter play mode the power in the entire house turns back off.
    Maybe anyone knows whats up and how to fix this? Can't seem to find anything on this anywhere. I'm going crazy, haven't gotten to play anything yet because my house is just a big shell atm.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited November 2022
    Thanks @GalacticGal !

@Simexpert123 That "good morning" picture was great.

Hi @Nannalauridsen and welcome to the forum :)
    A few things can cause power to be turned off:
    -Power Conservation NAP (if you have Eco Lifestyle and your neighborhood voted for this NAP) turns power off 9AM-9PM one day a week
    -Off-the-grid lot trait (I think this comes with both Eco Lifestyle and Island Living?)
    -If you don't pay your bills when they come due, power gets turned off 24 hours later. It sounds like you just started a new game though, and the first bills take a week to arrive, so this probably wasn't it
    -Sometimes there's a random event with a squirrel getting in the wires, but you would have got a pop-up notification to tell you about that
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I played a little bit with the Mastersons, but then the screen went white and I couldn't do anything. Sound was still playing (I could hear my Sims talking). I had to turn off my computer manually (i.e. with the power button). I had some kind of Origin error which may have caused it. Luckily when I started my computer back up again, everything seemed fine. I didn't lose a huge amount of progress, thankfully. But it's still annoying when that kind of thing happens!

Sounds as if Origin crashed or something.

Yeah, I think that’s what happened. Hopefully it was just a one-off, it’s not happened before.
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    I got myself Snowy Escape and was exploring that recently, but I do have a little update for Aimee, too. :D

So, back from her holiday, Aimee had a fresh purpose in mind, but the thing was, she was feeling a little... lovelorn. Of course, given the purpose she found was all about family, it wasn't at all difficult to reconcile those feelings. So when a new, interesting person just decided to visit, Aimee was of one mind.
    Salim seemed to think Aimee was fun to hang around...
    EMtvZQB.png

...and was impressed by her tales of the tropical paradise she just recently returned from...
    s4Za2ql.png

...but once she begun flirting things took a turn...
    BVmKEQa.png

...and went off the rails right quick.
    kCnVnaB.png

As before, flirty Aimee is artistic Aimee.
    cjsrbJa.png

This painting, though, she decided not to sell. She liked it enough that she wanted to use it to spruce up her drab living room.
    ttygfKL.png

And since that very day was the Night on the Town... well. Aimee didn't feel like spending the whole evening with Salim too, so she invited Johnny out on a date instead.
    They met up in front of the Rattlesnake.
    9uRWpH3.png

Johnny was in a bit of a mood to start, something about his job not going well, but Aimee knew how to take his mind off that.
    zkAW7xl.png

They had their dinner out, too...
    zb1hOfN.png

...and spent the rest of the night dancing. Johnny is funny, but not Aimee's type. Like, at all.
    spRUduB.png
  • Options
    StreicherStreicher Posts: 31 Member
    I'm busy playtested a post apocalyptic challenge that I've written and my poor Sim just got struck by a meteor and died! I've heard about this and when the warning came up, I moved her away from the telescope but it still struck her. So lesson learnt, move off the lot quickly 🥴
  • Options
    chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Sooo, after losing my last Legacy save (that I was even documenting on my blog), I hadn't felt like starting another again until yesterday.

ilOcSHC.png

My founder, Aurora Cherry, has arrived in Windenburg in early Spring... and immediately posted about it on Simstagram.
    I decided to get lowkey meta about the backstory. :D She's intrigued by the concept of Legacy Families, so as soon as she became a Young Adult, she dropped everything and set out to start one of her own. The high failure rate doesn't discourage her; it actually only manages to fuel her determination.

She settled down on Mid-Nowhere, which is a really small lot, but I prefer it that way - I don't like large lots at all, neither when playing nor building.

I'll put the details of her creation in a spoiler tag:
    I wasn't sure what kind of job or hobbies she was supposed to have at all, so I gave her a rather... basic? personality, as in she doesn't lean towards any hobby (e.g. no Traits like Dance Machine or Art Lover). But based on her backstory, she's rather confident (and maybe a bit full of herself :D), so in the end, I've made her Cheerful, Self-Assured, and Ambitious.

I left her liked and disliked hobbies blank, but filled out most other categories:
    Her favorite colors are blue, pink and white; she doesn't dislike any colors.
    She likes listening to Pop, but dislikes Blues.
    Finally, she likes basics fashion and dislikes polished clothing.

As for the aforementioned blank hobbies, I decided to fill them out based on in-game prompts.

And now, moving on to what actually happened, also put in a spoiler tag so it won't be a pain to scroll past. :D
    She was greeted by her neighbors Clara Bjergsen and Joaquin Le Chien, and she REALLY hit it off with the latter. They stood there in the falling snow, talking and talking until late afternoon, until Joaquin had to leave for Watcher knows what.

Aurora wasn't sure what kind of career would be right for her, so she got a part-time job as Retail Employee for now. She then explored the island for a bit, and then the sun had gone down before she knew it. She spent her first night (and many afterwards...) sleeping on a rock, which was mysteriously shaped like a bench... sort of.

She wouldn't start working until Tuesday, so the next day, I decided to let her explore her new hometown. First things, first, though - some plants were blooming and bearing fruit now, so I sent her off to harvest some. I was hoping she'd plant some for a somewhat steady source of income and food, but she immediately decided she hates Gardening. Well, suit yourself. I wasn't going to force her, so she'd just have to live with her refusal to grow her own food.

She then travelled to the mainland, where she wandered about a bit aimlessly. It's still chilly, so she decided to warm up in a café. She couldn't afford to get a snack or drink, so she just sat there, until...

2vMQS7F.png

Everyone gathered and proceeded to freak out over some celeb visiting. While that didn't make her feel particularly proud of herself, Aurora took the chance and grabbed the coffee that still sat on the counter, still hot and all forgotten... Ah well.

Night fell eventually, and Aurora made her way to the nightclub. She couldn't afford a drink, but she did indulge on free chips until she felt full. :D Joaquin dropped by, and they danced the hours away... until well after midnight, when Aurora remembered she had to go to work in a couple hours. Whoopsie!

The following days passed by all the same. She went to work, relieved herself in the bush growing a little ways off her property, showered at the pool and then either went for a swim or danced at the club. On one of those dance nights, she met Candy Behr and became fast friends with her, actually!
    The first week was ending, and Love Day came... And, who would have guessed, Joaquin asked Aurora out on a date. They hit it off super well; their friendship bar was full by now and their romance bar was coming along nicely as well. So she asked him if he wanted to be her boyfriend, and he said yes! Weee!
    Joaquin asked her out on another date the next day... where he actually PROPOSED. Never had that happen before actually, I was super giddy, to be honest. :D Unfortunately I don't have a nice screenshot of it, since it was just a pop-up text... but anyway, Aurora accepted (of course)!
    Well.
    She still doesn't have a house, not even hut. Plum, she hadn't even bought furniture yet. But she insists that she doesn't want any help, financial or otherwise, because she wants to build it all from the ground up like a "proper" founder. So, they both decided they'd wait for now until Aurora's got that house done. Plus, that way, they can save for a nice wedding rather than just eloping. :D

As it turns out, Aurora's really starting to dig all the dancing and partying. Good for her, this is Windenburg, after all. The wedding's gonna be amazing, I feel.

Except... well. Candy called the other day and confessed she has a crush on Aurora. This was when Aurora was to about to call her to tell her about the engagement. Awkward...
    Well, she said they should stay friends, and Candy asked that they never speak of it again. I was worried their relationship would suffer for it, but 5 minutes later, Candy showed up and gifted Aurora a carved guitar, which she has been practicing with almost every day.

She also managed to buy a bathtub and a bed... which isn't much, but makes things way easier. I've decided to let her save up a bit more this time before buying anything, just so I can build some walls and maybe even a proper kitchen, rather than just placing an old, used fridge, lol.
    But we'll see. It depends on when I get tired of travelling around so much just to fill her basic needs. :D

And that's it for now. Summer has come, so let's see what the new season has in store for her. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    > @Simmerella said:
    > Something that I have always loved to do here on the forums is to read about what has happened in other peoples game. I know there is a thread with the same name on The Sims 3 and did find one on The Sims 4 but the last update on that thread was in December so I thought it would be fun with a new fresh thread where you can tell us all about what happened in your game. So let's begin!
    >
    > I started to play with the Pancakes family today and they have some serious issues in my game. Eliza is pregnant with their first child is always yelling at poor Bob who is doing the best that he can to support his family, when he's not at work he is always doing things to get closer a promotion. Even though Eliza is always complaining when she's around Bob he is always complimenting her and flirts with her. They doesn't woohoo that often but when they do it is in Eliza's bed and when they are done he always goes back to his own bed and sleeps there. Eliza is often at the gym and still unemployed and is trying to become friends with Bella Goth and Nancy Landgraab. She has also started an affair with Nancys husband, Geoffrey Landgraab.
    >
    > So tell me, what has happened in your game today?

I built a house and started playing, but as soon as i left built mode, all of my power inside the house shut off. I tried turning the lights back on, but it tells me that power doesn't work outside. Its SO frustrating!
    Then i tried relining all of the walls and reattatching ceilings to make sure everything was definetely inside, but it still doesn't work.
    If i reload the game i can replace all the lights and they'll work as long as im still in built, but as soon as i enter play mode the power in the entire house turns back off.
    Maybe anyone knows whats up and how to fix this? Can't seem to find anything on this anywhere. I'm going crazy, haven't gotten to play anything yet because my house is just a big shell atm.

With your game off, remove your Mods folder, then go into Origin and do a game repair. Right click on the cover of your game, select repair and then let it do its thing all the way. Once it's complete, go back into your document files and delete the localthumbcache.package and then start your game. See if that fixes the problem. Return your Mods folder and start your game. If this doesn't fix it you may have to do a game folder refresh. Again, this is done in the documents file. Just rename your Sims 4 Game Folder as simply as adding _Old to the end. Then start your game. Once the game is open, you can exit and replace the new Mods folder, the Tray and your saves from the previous folder. You should be good to go. Best of luck!
  • Options
    @chonkie, that is a great start to your new legacy! I am already hooked. :)
  • Options
    @Gina, and that's what dating is all about. Good thing she realizes Johnny isn't her type. At least she didn't jump between the sheets with him. That could have long range consequences. ;)
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @GalacticGal Wellp... I'm sure there will be consequences sooner or later. You see...
    The girl is a serial romantic. ;DD
  • Options
    _Gina wrote: »
    @GalacticGal Wellp... I'm sure there will be consequences sooner or later. You see...

Well, that makes sense. LOL
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    I took my sims on my real-life vacation yesterday. Not that i'll get enough time to see them! :D

That only works for me when I accompany my hubby on his Field business trips. I stay in the hotel and while away the time playing my Sims. I got Erik and Kayleigh married while on such a trip. Had time to do it three times, but was still unsettled with it. When we got back home, things went better and I wrote about their wedding. Worts and all. LOL

I managed to get some game time in last night at 11pm vacation time. By midnight vacation time, both of my sim selfs step daughters were insulting each other every other interaction they shared with each other caused by the mean bug which I understand will be addressed in the SDX update later on for me. I had to separate both kids because they both had negative sentiments towards each other.
  • Options
    _Gina wrote: »

I managed to get some game time in last night at 11pm vacation time. By midnight vacation time, both of my sim selfs step daughters were insulting each other every other interaction they shared with each other caused by the mean bug which I understand will be addressed in the SDX update later on for me. I had to separate both kids because they both had negative sentiments towards each other.

I'm old. LOL I hit the sheets by 8PM. My eyesight gives out even sooner. My Sim's wife is perpetually flirty, mostly gets that way around her Toddler daughter. Ew. I'm not seeing that happen today, after the patch. Phew, I was getting worried about Kayleigh.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member

I'm old. LOL I hit the sheets by 8PM. My eyesight gives out even sooner. My Sim's wife is perpetually flirty, mostly gets that way around her Toddler daughter. Ew. I'm not seeing that happen today, after the patch. Phew, I was getting worried about Kayleigh.

The place where i'm staying is quite lively after the main entertainment has finished. I do have updates to post so stand by!
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited November 2022
    I’ve been meaning to share it here, but they’ve made some progress with the phone use with sims! Dylan and Zeph started to run while using their phone!

52499284057_a5c3980856_b.jpg

52499284847_8520eeb35c_b.jpg

My sims are no longer lazily walking while fiddling with their phones! I’ve played with a Lazy Sim. They have a habit of taking their time to get from point A to point B. I mean, my merfolk still pull their phones out while swimming and running, but hey, at least they are getting around a bit faster!

Just edited in the pictures.
  • Options
    chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2022
    @chonkie, that is a great start to your new legacy! I am already hooked. :)

Oh, thank you! <3
    Just dropped by to update, though unfortunately, events took a turn for the worse. D:
    Not immediately, though.

Summer came and passed by quickly. Aurora earned a couple promotions and raises, the latter of which always come with a juicy bonus payment. In time, she'd built a small hut and bought some necessities. Since fall was here now, I decided to let her save up even more to renovate soon and leave the rest for the wedding, which I was planning to do in spring (or summer if the weather is too cold / bad).
    Either way, things were going well at work and in her private life, so she kept working hard for that cash. When she's not rocking retail, she's out swimming or dancing as usual, either with Joaquin, Candy or both of them. She's since gotten to know Joaquin's roommate Sergio as well, since he'll be invited to the wedding next year as well, of course.

And now for the event that made everything a lot darker and prompted me to update already. :(
    May be triggering to some people due to a mod (though nothing explicit in that sense? but things are mentioned), so putting that in a spoiler tag.
    Well, Aurora wanted to WooHoo with Joaquin. They'd been together for months in Sims time, so I figured why not. Took, er, the necessary precautions and everything and then let them at it.

Not even a day later, Candy called and asked Aurora if she wanted to participate in the Motive Trials. She's not the type to shy away from challenges, so off she went.

Upon her return, I got a notification saying she's suffering from terrible cramps. I realized it's a mod, so I kind of knew what to expect.
    I sent her to the hospital and waited...

As it turned out, Aurora was pregnant despite said precautions. Was. She lost the baby before she even felt sick or I got a notification that she's expecting. It's just so freaking sad.
    I wasn't planning to let Joaquin move in before their wedding, but I figured Aurora needs him now more than ever, so now he's been added to the household. I'll let him take care of her for now, I'm definitely not sending that poor thing to work or anything. :(

By the way, I checked out the family tree, and turns out it would've been a boy. The game assigned the name Tracy. I was going to name all kids like you do in an alphabet legacy, so I would've chosen names starting with B for Aurora's kids. But now I might go with names that rhyme with Tracy instead. Not sure yet...

So yeah, it's not a very happy update. :(
    But I'll make sure Aurora's taken care of, and hopefully the future will be brighter for her. :(
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited November 2022

So this isn't a legacy challenge or story but rather this family is loosely based on the real life me and my partner. :blush: Meet the Simwich-Saicin bunch! Jelly is from the islands of Sulani and Cap is a Brindleton Bay native. They have four kiddos together: Johnrenee (F, 11), Eight (F, 8), Jackbowie (M, 5), and Clinon (M, 3). If the names sound a bit odd that's because they're actually a play on our RL names. B)

Johnrenee is the responsible kiddo. She's good about doing her chores and taking their dog, Bunnie, for walks every evening. She's in fifth grade and loves to be academically challenged, she excels in the subjects of maths and science, and one day wants to be a teacher.
    D9d8Hnqh.png

Eight is the second oldest child and she's a bit of a rebel, always pushing the limits, and testing the waters. While she's a bit strong-headed, she is very protective and nurturing of her younger brothers, and is often entertaining them. Jackbowie, nicknamed JB, is the third child and a mama's boy; Jelly is never out of his sight for long.
    lh2TyD9h.png

And Clinon is the youngest of the four siblings. He's adventurous and playful, and always looking to get into some sort of mischief! Funny enough, his playmate happens to be his dad Cap, and together they often get up to a lot of silliness. As for Cap, he's a big kid himself, and there is no greater joy than being involved in his kids' lives.
    JBqDFVsh.png

Lastly, Jelly is the centre of this family. She know's everyone's strengths and struggles, and it's important to her that each family member feels loved and heard. Being a nurse for over ten years has certainly contributed to her traits of wanting to tend to and care for those around her. But in this moment, here and now, she is enjoying a much needed nap after dinner while the kids are preoccupied!
    TmbpDOAh.jpg
    Post edited by Binibini on
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    @Binibini Your family is so cute. I can't wait to see what Eight gets up to.

ZzPMrri.png

Today I finally decided to play a Sulani family with a very special daughter. Kai and Leilani Iosua were devastated to learn that they couldn't have children, but just as all hope seemed lost they found a basket washed ashore with...a mermaid toddler and a note inside! It said take good care of my baby so they adopted her and named her La'akea. But will their little girl be a child of the island like her parents...or return to the sea?

VkHOuD8.png

Leilani: It's beddy-bye time after your story, sweetie.
    Kai: Aw man!
    Leilani: I was talking to our daughter.

w5pbDfi.png

Kai stays home while his wife works as a critic. Here we see some daddy and daughter cuteness.

kW9p1fC.png

Both love dancing to island music.

JTH6cOa.png

La'akea is a very sensitive and clingy toddler so she was embarrassed after she had an accident. Poor thing.

Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    @erimurphey thanks for the kind words :smile: I enjoyed the intro of your Iosua family; and the banter between Leilani and Kai during story time was very funny :D
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top