Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,992 Member
    edited October 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    I have not played this game since giving HSY a try. The bugs made me quit.
    What this hype has done is inspired me to start building again. I have a Newcrest project that needed to be finished.
    I only have two more homes to finish up before I consider it complete.

If this summit proves exciting for TS4, I will begin work on getting my back-up save up to snuff with all the new content I had built for HSY.
    I have to transfer over lots and sims because I don't trust the current save I used to play High School Years.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    My tears are ready to fall out of my eyes starting tomorrow
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    I bet their going to start with Sims Mobile first and save the best for last. I'm hearing rumors Racheal Franklin and Katy Perry will be there. I don't know how true this is but Racheal Franklin wouldn't surprise me.

I'm betting SimGuru Lyndsay Pearson will be there as well.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    I bet their going to start with Sims Mobile first and save the best for last. I'm hearing rumors Racheal Franklin and Katy Perry will be there. I don't know how true this is but Racheal Franklin wouldn't surprise me.

OMG I want Sweet Treats for TS4!!
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,992 Member
    edited October 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    edited October 2022

BetaFrog wrote: »
    Oh well this changes everything, if Katy Perry will be there i'm all in :blush:
    I hope it better be a stuff pack instead of a dang kit! *sighs very loud and covers his eyes with his hands* I hope I am way too sad for it this week
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I hope it better be a stuff pack instead of a dang kit! *sighs very loud and covers his eyes with his hands* I hope I am way too sad for it this week

Katy deserves an EP.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Katy deserves an EP.
    What you mean?
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    After a month of dripping news, my take is that they are going to somehow merge Sims 4 with Sims Mobile, maybe changing the way they distribute content similar to the mobile version (I know a lot of people would be unhappy), but they sort of already started with spreading content in kits. Personally I hope I’m wrong, but I prefer to be pessimistic and then get a pleasant surprise. I’m not expecting a single sentence about Sims 5 or its development stage.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    I am actually dreading the announcement. This year has been one of the worst for the sims 4 so far. I have finally reached the point where I have to decide to not buy an EP due to the bugs and unwanted features. (high school years will be the first EP to deliberately skip since living large for sims 1!) The only good thing this year was werewolves and with that GP EA was really, really fast in moving on to high school years. As if they were ashamed of a properly working pack. And then there was the forced high school years update... :(

For the sims summit I totally expect more bugs, more intrusive features we can't turn off, a massive amount of kits for the rest of the year,.. Or possibly a new system of forced updates.
    I just hope the game remains playable after this announcement.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Source? I checked her Twitter and the last time she had any activity was earlier this year. Hasn’t even acknowledged this event. SimguruLyndsay did tweet on it yesterday so she might be there.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,977 Member
    One more sleep! Gotta find a way to stay busy today.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I haven't played since a few weeks after the HSY pack and I have 0 desire to play TS4. I really hope this will be a TS5 announcement and if it isn't I'm officially done with this franchise.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm so happy this is coming on a day when I will be free with quiet time to myself 🥳🥳🥳🥳 I'm not expecting anything In particular I'm just excited to see what they are up to regardless of what it is 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I think it's time to say goodbye to the Sims as we know it, and welcome to whatever they announce tomorrow. Sadly.

They honestly have no need to care for those who bought all packs allready, cause they allready got that money. What they care about is new revenue wich comes from the players joning in now when basegame goes f2p.
    We can whine and complain all we want but it's not gonna get us anywhere, newer generations are just gonna see us as oldies who complain and then keep buying whatever they throw out.

I'm sorry for sounding negative, and it's not any critisim against the devs, we live in a world were it's getting harder and harder to survive financially so I understand why this has to be done.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    Well I'm hyped up and excited. Not gonna lie. 😄 I'd rather anticipate something good happening than ruminate on past disappointments or what might not happen in the future.

Yeah I’m hyped up. I’ve kept my expectations quite low.. not in a ‘I expect to be disappointed’ way but just in a ‘I’ll be happy if there’s something cool’ way.

As long as they don’t do something outright offensive (only mobile stuff!) or just don’t have anything interesting at all I think it will be good. I’m guessing that if they make 3 announcements I’m going to be happy with at least one of them. I was happy with Emily sim 😁
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,355 EA Community Manager
    HnG8hNV.png

Oi! I hope that's a hint! Maybe snuggling/cuddling in bed (hopefully while watching tv) is comiing! Why else would they use that particular image? That would make me happy and semi-hyped up for it.

And another thing to think about, EACade let it out of the bag (unless it's been announced somewhere already that I missed), that we'll be getting 12 Days worth of goodies for the holidays, so I'm sure this will also probably be discussed during The Summit as well.

He replied to a comment in this thread:
    EACade: Emily and Callia will also be making a special appearance later this year as well...

Simgirl1010: Holiday goodies!

EACade: Almost 2 weeks of them, 12 days to be exact.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1004005/base-game-update-available#latest

That was just me letting you know we're doing another 12 Days of Simsmas! Although if they want to hype up a massive stream for months on little old me and my forum posts, I won't be upset. Though I don't know where they are going to fit it in with all the announcements for [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] 🤔
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,313 Member
    edited October 2022
    Tomorrow all the files will become unclassified, the whole truth about The Sims will be revealed... or not :p

Last episode of season 8 + teaser of season 9
  • Options
    *crying while listening to 90s R&B music*
    so-sad-bear.gif
  • Options
    Perhaps they announce a Cats & Dogs refresh? Playable pets (please no)? Horses (yes please)?