Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited October 2022
  • Options
    Got mine! Went downstairs and there it was.

0mzPM0n.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    Got mine! Went downstairs and there it was.

0mzPM0n.jpg

I see they included some nice Halloween coloured shredded filler paper. Maybe they will give us some updates for Halloween.
    And there is that starry plumbob sticker too. I am really curious as to what surprises they have for us.
  • Options
    SprighSprigh Posts: 62 Member
    Any hints?
  • Options
    Sprigh wrote: »
    Any hints?

No comment. :p
  • Options
    Any hints?

No comment. :p

It’s been two weeks and my head is starting to think in simlish help 😭 we need some clues 😭
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,847 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I see they included some nice Halloween coloured shredded filler paper. Maybe they will give us some updates for Halloween.

-Some more classic Dracula style content?
    -CAS content to make Spellcasters feel a bit more witchy?
    -Maybe an announcement that they're adding mummies, zombies, or something where we can create our own Frankensteins. Or Fronkensteen if that's your thing.😉
    -A pack refresh for Realm of Magic? There are many packs that need attention far more, but it could use one.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

-Maybe an announcement that they're adding mummies, zombies, or something where we can create our own Frankensteins. Or Fronkensteen if that's your thing.😉
    -A pack refresh for Realm of Magic? There are many packs that need attention far more, but it could use one.

Oh man... that would be so awesome if it was all about supernatural stuff for the Sims 4.

But alas, I fear this summit isn't about the Sims 4 at all (except for maybe a new roadmap).... *sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options

Oh man... that would be so awesome if it was all about supernatural stuff for the Sims 4.

But alas, I fear this summit isn't about the Sims 4 at all (except for maybe a new roadmap).... *sigh*

My fear is they're going to announce that the future direction of the Sims franchise is going to be multiplayer online. They're going to tell us they will keep The Sims 4 going as long as they can for those of us who don't want to go that route, but that they hope we will 'see the light' and join them on this new venture. I base that on the piece of card in @simgirl1010's picture that says: 'For Now Not Forever'.

In front of that is another piece of card that depicts a version of Dali's 'Persistence of Memory' (the melting clock), which has the hands at 4 minutes to midnight. All of that suggests to me that they fully intend to reinvent the wheel with The Sims 5, and the position of the hands suggests where they are in the development of TS5.
  • Options

My fear is they're going to announce that the future direction of the Sims franchise is going to be multiplayer online. They're going to tell us they will keep The Sims 4 going as long as they can for those of us who don't want to go that route, but that they hope we will 'see the light' and join them on this new venture. I base that on the piece of card in @simgirl1010's picture that says: 'For Now Not Forever'.

In front of that is another piece of card that depicts a version of Dali's 'Persistence of Memory' (the melting clock), which has the hands at 4 minutes to midnight. All of that suggests to me that they fully intend to reinvent the wheel with The Sims 5, and the position of the hands suggests where they are in the development of TS5.

That is a pretty dark vision and I don’t think it would be a good marketing to advertise sims 5 saying sims 4 is just for now and not forever xD Honestly I thought this was a description of some tattoo thing they included in the package you can see the instructions of application there so I thought they send temporary tattoos as a gift.

• Options
    Yup I’m pretty sure it’s about the tattoo, the blue plumbob I think is the tattoo, it’s called „for now ink” „inkbox”
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2022
    hmn? packages? for stream? that is interesting
    * grabs monocle* it is time to investigate
    *zooms into every photo as if theres a hidden item that tells everything*

ah I see now
    it is The Sims 4: Get Salvador Dalí
    they are announcing lots of melting clocks in the game yes
    *puts monocle back in the soft box and locks the drawer*
    I am done investigating

although tattoos? hmn? are we gonna have some tattoos?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    For Now Not Forever simply indicates it's a temporary tattoo. 🙂

ETA: And the clock design is probably just the company branding. Also indicating temporary tattoos and just an hour or so to apply.

ICsGxUp.jpg
  • Options

Thank you for clarification. 😁 Was there anything else in the box?
  • Options

Thank you for clarification. 😁 Was there anything else in the box?

Just the VIP pass and a lanyard.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    hmph my investigation monocle needs to be cleaned yes then it must be Get Shred paper shreds for everyone
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Sprigh @simgirl1010 That is great news and a load off my mind. I apologize for the doom and gloom. I'm really scared that this game I love is going to turn into something I don't love and I'm going to lose the very thing that brings me the most happiness.
  • Options

@Sprigh @simgirl1010 That is great news and a load off my mind. I apologize for the doom and gloom. I'm really scared that this game I love is going to turn into something I don't love and I'm going to lose the very thing that brings me the most happiness.

Don’t worry I’m already scared about sims 4 too since I heard that they are changing origin to ea app for windows users and I’m a mac user and I already can’t play sims 3 on my mac cause it’s sooo glitchy and if something goes wrong and they forget about mac users… 😭 I payed too much for all the dlc for sims 4 AND 3 and I can’t lose both I would have to buy new pc 😭
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Remember before toddlers came out the gamechangers got to test them and couldn't tell us. I know one of them was Rachybop. She wanted to tell us so bad. I believe the game changers are testing something very big for TS4 whether it be cars or fixed babies and it will be revealed the 18th.
  • Options

Don’t worry I’m already scared about sims 4 too since I heard that they are changing origin to ea app for windows users and I’m a mac user and I already can’t play sims 3 on my mac cause it’s sooo glitchy and if something goes wrong and they forget about mac users… 😭 I payed too much for all the dlc for sims 4 AND 3 and I can’t lose both I would have to buy new pc 😭

I with you, I'm a Mac girl all the way. I promised myself when I ditched my last PC in 2012 I would never go back. I love the simplicity of Macs. And I have most of the DLC for TS3 and all of it for TS4.

I have a gaming Mac that can run TS4 with the graphics maxed out at up to 5120x2880 and with the exception of one lot it is lag free. It had an insane amount of decor, and once I reduced it to merely crazy the lag went away. TS3 on the lowest settings has bad lag issues. The old software doesn't get along with the new hardware. I know in a few years that's where I'm going to be with TS4, but I want to hold on to what I have for as long as I can.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 507 Member
    I’m another Mac user! All this wait for the Summit has really unsettled me - it’s been such a long wait, and for what? We don’t know if it’s something to get excited about (improvements for Sims 4), something to dread (e.g. Sims 5 with online multiplayer), or something just not very interesting (some kind of collaboration).

So I’ve gone back to my Sims 3 game lately just for a break. I have the Mac 64 bit version and I have to have the graphics settings pretty low, but I’m really enjoying it and it plays really smoothly considering how old it is. I’m loving the things that still haven’t made it to Sims 4 (cars…). I’ll come back to Sims 4 when this summit is over and we know where we stand.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Remember before toddlers came out the gamechangers got to test them and couldn't tell us. I know one of them was Rachybop. She wanted to tell us so bad. I believe the game changers are testing something very big for TS4 whether it be cars or fixed babies and it will be revealed the 18th.
    Why do you think they are testing something?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Because their hyping this up a lot and we're still a little over a week to go..
  • Options

Because their hyping this up a lot and we're still a little over a week to go..

They do love to hype everything. Cars or freed babies would be beyond big, either one would be seismic. That's kind of how it appears they think whatever this is rates. Whatever it is I hope its at least on the same level of quality as Werewolves.