Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

TheSims.com has just released an official blog post talking about their upcoming The Sims Summit

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    First topic, fixing bugs.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Interesting, I wonder what they will talk about. I hope that we will know more about the future of the sims, maybe even if they are working on a sequel?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    First topic, fixing bugs.

Lol, I wondered when the bugs discussion would start. 😄
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    It’s been on my mind lately.😉 I need to get on twitter and the new bug reporting thing. I think I found a new one, or just new for me.
    Sim Summit Blog

PLAY THE SIMS 4 FOR FREE BEGINNING OCTOBER 18
    More updates to follow during a special stream, Behind The Sims Summit

We’ve welcomed millions of players to The Sims™ and watched in awe as they unleashed their imaginations, discovered and connected with ideas, experiences and versions of themselves, both in-game and real life. Our community has continued to inspire us with the billions of unique Sims they’ve created, the countless stories they’ve told, and the remarkable builds they've designed.

We’re excited to continue to welcome in more players than ever to create new stories, and explore without boundaries. The Sims has always been about celebrating new ways to play and offers so many possibilities to discover. Beginning on October 18, 2022, The Sims™ 4 base game will be available to all new players to download for free* on PC via EA app or Origin™, Mac® via Origin, Steam®, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems.

With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future. We’ll be sharing more about what’s in the works during a special-edition stream, Behind The Sims Summit on October 18, 2022 at 10 am PDT via The Sims YouTube and Twitch channels, also available on demand!

EA Play and EA Play Pro members will receive an upgraded experience when member-only bundles of The Sims 4 go into The Play List on October 18. The Sims 4 EA Play Edition includes The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack, while the EA Play Pro Edition includes both The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack and The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff Pack.

And last but not least, to our longtime Simmers, we want to say thank you – we wouldn’t be where we are without your continued love and support to help make The Sims community what it is. From September 14 through October 17, all players who have purchased The Sims 4 base game will receive the Desert Luxe Kit as a gift**. With the Desert Luxe Kit, Sims can relax in their modern oasis with luxurious indoor and outdoor furniture, inspired by the natural landscape of the Southwestern desert and materials like stone and wood. To redeem the Desert Luxe Kit, simply log into the game and it will be available in the main menu for you to claim.

We can’t wait to share what else is in store for The Sims 4 in the near future, so be sure to tune into the stream on October 18, sign up on TheSims.com and follow us on social media for more updates!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/play-the-sims-4-for-free-beginning-october-18?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_fbg-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=74373&ts=1663170419994
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm not usually one for Sims 5 speculation, but the Sims 4 going free and a "special" sims event being announced at the same time, with a whole months notice and a "save the date"? I don't think they'd give this much notice if it was just a stream to talk about a new roadmap and bugs..

It also says "Big The Sims Announcements", not "Big Sims 4 Announcements" and the new plumbob logo and branding...
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Sims 5 speculation, but the Sims 4 going free and a "special" sims event being announced at the same time, with a whole months notice and a "save the date"? I don't think they'd give this much notice if it was just a stream to talk about a roadmap and bugs..

It also says "Big The Sims Announcements", not "Big Sims 4 Announcements" and the new plumbob logo and branding...

With The Sims 4 going free to play, our team is more dedicated than ever to developing new and meaningful The Sims 4 experiences for our players and we will continue to develop and release packs, kits and Sims Delivery Express drops into the foreseeable future. We’ll be sharing more about what’s in the works during a special-edition stream, Behind The Sims Summit on October 18, 2022 at 10 am PDT via The Sims YouTube and Twitch channels, also available on demand!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for Sims 5 speculation, but the Sims 4 going free and a "special" sims event being announced at the same time, with a whole months notice and a "save the date"? I don't think they'd give this much notice if it was just a stream to talk about a roadmap and bugs..

They continued to develop and release packs for the Sims 3 after 4 had been announced too - Into the Future, Island Paradise, Roaring Heights, and multiple updates all came after Sims 4's announcement
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Is the base game only free on October 18th or is it like a free trial sort of thing? Or long-term?
    Is the base game only free on October 18th or is it like a free trial sort of thing? Or long-term?

It will be free beginning on October 18. Forever free. 🙂
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited September 2022
    Summit word intrigues me
    I hope they all look painfully serious and official and sit around plumbob shaped table in suits and plumbob badges

everyone has to share very serious handshake or at least wave in sim fashion before entering the room

also bonus points if there is plumbobs hovering over their heads and at least few members have plumbob caused hair loss

also,shuffling papers and doodling paper edges is very important
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Hoping for a The Sims 5 preview/announcement at the end of the Summit :)
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    EA Play and EA Play Pro members will receive an upgraded experience when member-only bundles of The Sims 4 go into The Play List on October 18. The Sims 4 EA Play Edition includes The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack, while the EA Play Pro Edition includes both The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack and The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff Pack.

What is this? What are EA Play and EA Play Pro members? What are member-only bundles? So confused. Is this their way of trying to drag in those who play other games? I'm not sure that they'd be interested.

This seems like a big fuss over road map and bug announcements.

I don't want to get on "they're going to announce TS5" wagon, but they're making it really hard to not take a seat on it.
    edited September 2022
    @CarpeNocheSims here's some info on EA Play. It's a monthly subscription service. EA Play has been around since 2014.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/games-ea-play-pro
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Interesting news. We will have to wait and see what this announcement actually means. I hope it means an improvement for the game.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Summit = Mountain Summit = Dragons

Time to finally announce that dragon pack.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Whatever it’ is, I’m sure it’ll leak like a week or two prior.
    Still wishing for cars
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    R&B station.... please.... come back.... *sniff* Please come back R&B.....!!!!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Hmmm interesting....I hope that they'll discuss the long-awaited Sims 4 Phone Overhaul, you know the one that gives us players a couple of options to turn the darn things off.

Curious about the rest too. 🧐

I'll be keeping me pretty eyes peeled.

6-CF308-FD-046-D-4735-B3-BF-81-AA9-C07-E6-CF.gif
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Summit = Mountain Summit = Dragons

Time to finally announce that dragon pack.

LOL somebody has been watching too much Game of Thrones. I kid, I kid.

I'd love to see some more fantasy creatures. I miss fairies and unicorns. Dragons would be fun, too.
    I personally do not get it! What in the world is "The Sims Summit"? Cause my mind is still wanting my R&B radio station back to The Sims 4 before 2022 will end
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I personally do not get it! What in the world is "The Sims Summit"? Cause my mind is still wanting my R&B radio station back to The Sims 4 before 2022 will end
    Maybe they'll reveal R&B, because it's the PEAK of music
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Maybe they'll reveal R&B, because it's the PEAK of music
    What you mean?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Anyone know if its possible to redeem the free kit while NOT updating their game? Im still on a pre-HSY patch and I don't want to update my game. But Id like to redeem the free kit while it's available. I'm fine with not playing with it for awhile, I just want to get it while it's free.