Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    that was a lot of fun @Daephene :)

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @Daephene, terrific stuff... too bad Wedding Stories is still weird though
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Looking at old pictures and found this.
    05-28-18_10-25-38_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Daephene I have to say, I loved your story. Also, MWS seems to have a learning curve. I learn something new every time I try to hold a wedding. Unfortunately, I still haven't had a Ring Bearer show up. What's up with that? LOL

@CK213 That's a great shot!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Daephene, terrific stuff... too bad Wedding Stories is still weird though

It's just requires a learning curve. And making certain the runner is pointed in the correct direction! (We learn by doing.) For the most part, I think it's great.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Day one on the search of the Strangerville mystery. My sim self and his wife Liberty have hit the local bar at 6am in the morning and found a few Military Personnel there who were more than happy to talk to them.

First up is Jaden Dillard who thinks the crackpot conspiracy theorists think there's a cover up at the secret lab in the crater:
    VsuVPON.png

Next they meet Manami Ishiwaka, a local doctor who informs my sim self and Liberty that there's some unusual plants popping up around town and we best stay away from them!:
    mgJnMCn.png

Then Liberty speaks to Kenta Yamamoto who is a Special Effects Operator. He tells Liberty that he is curious about what goes on in the secret lab and after that explosion a few weeks ago he hasn't seen anyone go in or out!
    CEijSIh.png

However in a town where no neighbourhood action plans are in place whatsoever, Liberty seems rather attracted to Kenta as i caught her autonomously flirting with him at the bar during this conversation and my sim self saw everything!
    5bdccKK.png
    qQYupVQ.png

Local resident Noelle Gandhi suggests to my sim self and Liberty that they head to the local library as she's seen a lot more scientists there recently. They head there and get speaking to them. Whilst there, the scientists suggest they look through the Strangerville archives to see if they can find anything:
    j9Ddo9Y.png

They head to the crater and no one is in the lab, Liberty finds a locked door which she examines and learns she needs a key card to unlock it.
    4WJevJs.png

Later on my sim self and Liberty meet retired fighter pilot George Cahill to see if he knows anything about a key card. He fob's them off and suggests to them someone else around town might know of this said key card:
    FDxsNsQ.png

Will they be successful in finding the key card? Stay tuned to find out!

• Options
    zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    edited June 2022
    Melissa, Brittany, Paula, and Georgia almost succeeded in trapping Draven, the neighbourhood playboy as their slave. They forgot to lock one door and he escaped. Only for the brute to come back in 5 minutes and, well, he's not getting out anymore. He gets access to a bedroom and a bathroom, and the girls bring him food. Not too shabby.
    Post edited by zucchinionpizza on
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Options
    edited June 2022
    More Than a Feeling, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik Cantrell pulled himself awake, gasping. While it wasn’t like him, per se, to have premonitory dreams, unlike his only sister, Brianna did, this one left him with a terrible foreboding. He wasn’t even certain what aspect of the dream gave him such a feeling of ill ease. Since today was also Jamison’s birthday, he brushed his mood aside as best he could, and got up. A cake had to be baked.
    Both he and Kayleigh had level ten cooking skills, so they drew lots to see who was going to bake the cake. They would spell each other when it came time for the triplet's birthday. Which would mean, they each would get to bake and decorate two cakes. Erik was very happy he won. Having five children, thus far, the cake-baking would be about even. Andrew had a ways to go, yet.
    GVXpTv9.jpg

Despite his misgivings, which continued to haunt him, Erik got busy.
    W7jiZiS.jpg
    RQzLjCg.jpg

The morning light crested over the surrounding mountains. Erik finished the cake and then went outside to tend to their farm animals. With as much rain as they’d experienced lately, it was no surprise he could smell the coop from the patio. “Pee-you!” he complained. He got that rather ‘dirty’ job done, collected the eggs and fed the chickens. Then he went over to his new milk cow. “Magster, you look like you could use a good cleaning. What have you been doing? Rolling around in the mud? And here I thought only pigs did that. Silly girl.”
    “Okay, here you go.”
    u6sdP9Z.jpg

“Are you ready to be milked now that you’re all clean? I hope so. I’ve got four hangry Toddlers inside.
    9Ds7L2c.jpg

Noon rolled around, sooner than expected. With four Toddlers to feed, clean up and dress, the couple raced through their morning routine. Right on time, of course, the doorbell rang. Erik used his phone to unlock the front gate and to greet the guests, “Gate’s unlocked, come on in!” They came in small groups, for instance, the Golden’s came separately. Captain Drake was on duty until just after one o’clock. So, Carina arrived with the two youngest girls, Mercedes and Lorelei, already a teen, who had grown quite tall, like her sisters.

Then the Cantrell’s made their way into Erik’s house. Hayleigh and Regina made it a few minutes later. Erik sometimes wondered if their penchant for tardiness wasn’t a nuanced sense of importance. You can’t start without me. Looking around, Erik grabbed up Jamison. “Hey, Buddy, you want to blow out the candles, now?”
    “I blow out candles? Okay.”
    “Follow us, everybody, it’s time to blow out some candles!”
    8LpKT6E.jpg

“All right, JAC, take a big breath and blow,” the father instructed.
    iqPNaaX.jpg

“Yay, you did it!”
    OlCmIX6.jpg

Erik set the Tot onto his feet again. Jamison stood in between his mother and his grandmother, with his father slightly behind and to his side.
    A2LmhCG.jpg

Jumping up into the air, he twirled himself around until the momentum stretched him taller. “Weeeee!”
    EVTTQ1z.jpg

Cake was served and the family dug in.
    oqx3Nzj.jpg

Melodie and Harmony sat in chairs along the wall.
    wbLh6Xh.jpg

Cadence sat along the perpendicular wall, watching, as she always did.
    “Um, coconut cake. Yummy!”
    teg3bit.jpg

After cake, the children decided to dance in the small office across the hall.
    z503oNQ.jpg

Suddenly there was an uproar in the dining room.
    aeGLYV6.jpg
    dlyQ8w4.jpg

The four kids ran back to see what was happening. “Gramma fall down on the floor!” Harmony said.
    mwzR1P2.jpg

OY5Mk1D.jpg

“Gramma, why you not get up?”
    W4Ml4TD.jpg

Stunned, Erik barely realized he had pulled his phone out of his pocket. “Yes, I would like to report a death. Yes, thank you.” Trying to remain stoic, he gazed at what had been a happy gathering just moments ago.
    “The Medical Examiner is on his way,” he said, wondering if anyone heard him.
    6dp96rg.jpg

Not long after he made his call, perhaps twenty minutes, or so, a knock came on the front door. Erik reached over and let the Sim in. “Right over here,” he said, leading the man into the dining room. “We haven’t disturbed anything.”
    427cXHl.jpg

“Can you tell me what happened?” The doctor asked.
    “I’m really not certain. One minute we were all laughing and joking, the next minute Carina was on the floor. I still recall the thud. I thought she was pulling a prank.” Erik’s voice caught.

“Well, I’ll take her downtown and do a thorough autopsy. Will you act as the Executor?”
    “Of course.”
    “Good, then I’ll call you in a couple of days with the results. I’m so sorry for your loss.”

Suffice it to say, this broke up the party. Jamison stood there looking bewildered. His sisters were all crying. He didn’t quite know what to make of things. He only knew that all of the adults in his life were suddenly very somber, quiet.
    “Daddy, I’m so sorry,” Kayleigh said.
    VrONeBc.jpg

"Don't you worry about a thing. Erik and I will handle the details. I promise, we're here for you."
    2S7ukGD.jpg

“Brianna-kam, attend,” Spock said to his wife. She seemed so far away at the moment.
    i61JliV.jpg

As the group wandered into the front hall, Erik somehow found the strength he needed, realizing he was in charge, now.
    “I’ll call once I get word back. I’ve volunteered to make the arrangements,” Erik said.
    oteapS2.jpg
    “I think that’s best. The Captain does seem overwhelmed, understandably,” Joseph Cantrell said.
    CwANl0J.jpg

“If you need anything, son, anything at all, just call me.”
    “Thanks, Dad.”
    3n09P1W.jpg

More to Come. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, ouch. That's tragedy... and the poor kid. What a horrible birthday memory (that kid is never blowing out candles again!). I see serious therapy bills in this family's future.
  • Options
    Keeping Up Appearances, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Once the last of their party guests had left, Erik and Kayleigh took solace in one another.
    “Kay-Kay, I’m so sorry,” Erik said, still feeling he was responsible.
    QT9X5Wu.jpg

“Erik, your bad feeling didn’t cause this. I love you so much, please don’t try to blame yourself. Mom’s heart must have given out. She was on medication, Daddy says.”
    kuOFfgV.jpg

“Let’s get the children to bed,” he said.
    “I’ve got Harmony, see if you can round up the others,” Kayleigh said, as she headed up the stairs.
    OmiX2yI.jpg

One by one, the four oldest Cantrell children were put down for the night. Getting Harmony to stay in bed, was quite another thing. Erik was making his rounds, tucking in his children, when she came up to him, sobbing. “Baby Girl, Grandma is in Heaven.”
    “Heaven?”
    “Yes, she’s with the Angels. Trust me, it’s a far better place than here.”
    eCShFFN.jpg
    “You go to bed, now, and stay there. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!”
    “Yay, Turkey-Day.”

Thursday arrived. Not only was it Thanksgiving, but it was also the triplet’s birthday. Erik and Kayleigh played tag-team to get the three cakes baked. Today wasn’t as hard as getting ready for their Firstborn’s party. With the sudden death of the children’s maternal grandmother, the couple decided to let the festivities be more low-key. Nobody felt much like partying, anyway.
    Cadence was less than thrilled to blow out the candles. Erik couldn’t blame her, the other two were reluctant, too. They associated the candles with the loss of their grandmother. My poor precious darlings.
    yczjRWt.jpg

Jamison and Kayleigh tried to boost her mood, as well as the other two.
    VoEwegt.jpg
    hMA94rC.jpg

After the girls aged up, Erik went out back to tend to the animals. He was amazed at just how much solace this task afforded him. Kayleigh was busy in the kitchen roasting the turkey for their feast and dealing with the Gnomes. Who invited them?
    “You might want to watch out,” Erik said, as he spooned the stuffing into the turkey.
    4ZTApM9.jpg

Kayleigh, just gave him a look. But her offering to the first gnome went bad.
    She had better luck with the second one and tried to plead her case to the first one.
    S51Tq47.jpg

“You were saying?” She said.
    y6mdk2R.jpg

“I’m just going to go tend to the animals, now.”

Taking over, Kayleigh got the turkey into the oven.
    vj4Cs9E.jpg

Once outside Erik let loose for the first time since Carina passed.
    sou8h7B.jpg

Come Friday, Erik planned to get his sweet wife out of the house. The loss of her mother was taking its toll on both of them. She needed some fresh air, he decided and to not be confined within the very walls were her mother gave up the ghost.
    Their four oldest kids were embroiled in a game of Don’t Wake the Llama, when the couple left the house. “Don’t stay up too late and finish your homework,” Erik charged, on his way out of the door.
    4K5BHG6.jpg

Erik took Kayleigh out to Girogiano’s Italian Bistro.
    WcO1GrA.jpg

They were shown to a table right away, to their delight.
    “Hm, they must have this table saved for us. We sit her more often than not.”
    “I can ask for another table, if this doesn’t suit you,” Erik said.
    “I didn’t say that. I was just noting they must have this one set aside for us.”
    U3wPpgJ.jpg

“Well, well, well, look whose out with the prettiest girl in NewCrest,” the fan said.
    stollqE.jpg
    “Yes, the hope was to get some color back into her cheeks.” Erik smiled.

Moments later, the Server brought their food and the fan walked away.
    “Oh, this looks lovely,” Kayleigh said.
    “You’re lovely,” Erik smiled back.
    “You keep up that kind of talk …”
    aynciwy.jpg

“And we’ll skip dessert and go straight home?”
    “Maybe,” she quipped. But it wasn’t to be. Round Two of the assault began. The Paparazzi had arrived. Erik got up, “Do you mind?” Kayleigh just shrugged.
    ZpeaHza.jpg

Striking another pose, Kayleigh got into the action, by whipping out her own phone.
    0q1g7mw.jpg

Erik was thankful for her playful mood. Getting out was a good idea, he noted. We should do this more often.

More to Come. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options

Wyrd Girls - Secrets and Plans

Summer was fading into fall. The cool twilight of the evening, Miranda played her violin and wondered what the fall would bring.
    DJWZEBo.png

The sight of a lone figure, walking along the path from the town center, caught her eye... though at first she wasn't sure what it was captured her attention.
    1OK3oKv.png
    "Mom?" Miranda blinked. "Mom!"
    9mvYTeq.png

"You're... you're here?!? I knew it! I knew you couldn't be dead! What happened? Where Gwen? Is she OK? What are you doing here?"
    vBGFdzC.png

"Do you have any idea what I've been through?!?" Miranda ranted.

The whole story came pouring out of her... that terrible night, wandering lost and alone in the woods, Bluebell and the encounter with the old hermit, finding Moonwood Mill and the Volkovs...
    BwY4I3V.png

"Werewolves! Vampires and werewolves and boys... and you just left me alone?!?"
    FYGagH4.png

"Oh, darling," Cassie hugged her daughter fiercely. "I'm so sorry for all of this. You've been through so much... and I have so much to tell you... but I am so, so proud of you."
    L87ZkuF.png

"Come on, mom," Miranda said at last. "Come meet Volkov's"
    HXuuKCX.png
    Jake, shocked by meeting one of his musical idols, was incoherent...
    5mNkwze.png

... Kristopher was more composed.
    BYXHApO.png

He and Cassandra spoke at some length, apart from the others. When they were finished, the witch and the master werewolf had come to an agreement.
    rG7FxGm.png

Cassie and Miranda had a long talk too...
    GldDYP2.png

... and Jake, at least, managed to get an autograph...
    MAOYDes.png

... before Cassie left.
    YmoB4tJ.png

"OK, can we start with... why did you tell us your mom is a superstar!?!" Beth wanted to know.
    Gir5Q2p.png
    "Well, to be fair... you guys didn't tell me you were werewolves," Miranda replied.

No, no, no... you've know were were werewolves for months," Jake said. "You still never told us your mom was Cassie. Like Cassie!... and I got her autograph and everything... she's amazing."

"... and hot," Nick added. "You said she was hot."

"Gross, Nick," Miranda groaned. "That's my mom!"
    LjJG4c3.png

"OK, now guys, seriously," Miranda said. "Focus... I have like serious stuff to tell you."
    2ZD82nN.png

"Like, why your mom left and you still here?" Beth asked. "I thought, since your mom found you, she'd be taking you home."

"Right," Miranda started...

"OK, first you know my mom is married to Gwen Silveroak. Gwen's a witch... I mean not like me or even my mom. Gwen's a witch like Kristopher is a werewolf. There's this house... Glimmerbrook Watch... that's been her family for generations. The witches of Glimmerbrook Watch are protectors of some kind of important magical artifact...
    tXkuqBF.png

"Vladislaus Straud, the master vampire, wants to control of the artifact. To do that, my mom says he needs to break the spells protecting it and those spells were tied to the coven somehow. When Gwen was little, he killed her family and tried to break the spells... but Gwen survived.
    PumkKEO.png
    (With thanks to one Wooldrop who I believe designed the Glimmerbrook Watch house I found in the Gallery. - L)

"Mom says Vlad waited... because he's a vampire so he's got time... to see if the spells would fade but they didn't. I guess Gwen had kind of inherited them. When Gwen married my mom, and then I turned out to be a witch too, they guess Vlad decided Gwen was trying to rebuild the Glimmerbrook Watch coven. (To be fair, she probably was.) So, he tried to kill us all.

"He doesn't know, yet, that mom and Gwen survived... but he knows I did. Mom says I'm safest staying here, with you guys, because Vlad isn't going to risk provoking werewolves. So, she says I need to stay here where you all can protect me, while she and Gwen find a way to deal with Vlad.
    fv62dNQ.png

"... but that's not all," Miranda continued. "Mom mentioned that a long time ago witches and werewolves fought the vampires."

"Yeah," said Jake. "My dad talks about it sometimes. He never says much but I guess it was kind of a secret war."

"I know and from some of the things I've read in your dad's library it sounds like there are secrets and artifacts, left over from that conflict that might be hidden here, in Moonwood Mill," Miranda said. "If we can find them, maybe I can do more than just hide here with you guys. Maybe we can help!"
    9ZYgT3H.png

• Options
    Never Can Say Goodbye, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

The funeral for Carina was set for nine o’clock. Erik got up early, as did his wife and family. He did wonder if they even slept. Little Andrew, who finally aged up, too, was a bit of a live-wire, in between his bouts of sobbing.
    VcIbg69.jpg

Erik walked outside to hug his cow, because he knew he needed to. He could feel the Emotion Bomb gearing up inside of him. He wasn’t certain just how long he could ‘hide’ his emotions. I’ve been away from Vulcan too long.
    N1OQ7ie.jpg

At long last, the family arrived at the Willow Creek Heritage Funeral Home. The place was beautiful and in its own way, comforting. Peaceful.
    At first, it was just the seven of them. Kayleigh got the children seated.
    eaKbGi6.jpg

At long last, the Service began. The Director of the Funeral Home, said a few words, consoling those who were there. “We should remember Carina lived a long, long life. I’m told she was upwards of forty-forty years into her Elder-hood. And that this isn’t the end.”
    2Qknh2a.jpg

“May she rest in peace, forevermore.”
    iEkpQyO.jpg

With these last words, Erik totally lost it.
    OMvJb86.jpg

Slowly, he walked over to the side of the casket and stood before the microphone. Erik desired to give a eulogy of his own, which the Director had encouraged. This was much harder than he expected. He stood for the longest time, an eternity, before he could get any words passed his tongue.
    i7H7SM0.jpg

“Carina was a strong Sim. A military wife of some years, she learned how to fend for herself when her husband, Captain Drake Golden, was deployed. Having five daughters in the one household, she quickly learned to be a disciplinarian as well as show her humorous side. She once told me humor is a necessity of life. If we don’t employ humor, we’ll just cry our lives away. She was quite mischievous and I was often her target du jour.” Erik smiled briefly.

“At her first grandchild’s birthday party, she greeted me upon her arrival.”
    cEOQexj.jpg

“Nothing odd about that, but then in the next moment, she was trying to scare the living daylights out of me. Well, all I can say is, Carina, it worked. I now only have eight lives left.”
    HjD2O1t.jpg

“I-ah, I’m really going to miss her sense of humor. And I, I don’t know how to say goodbye. Except to say, I loved you like a son. You were my second mother. And I miss you, dearly.”
    E6uwkSH.jpg

From the small chapel, the family and friends of the deceased went back into the main portion of the funeral home. A chef had prepared food for the Mercy Meal at Erik’s request.
    ywH3B30.jpg

Kayleigh did her best to find her sisters.
    p0STDuf.jpg

Erik mingled and made certain to share moments about Carina to the others. Drake took solace in his granddaughters.
    Gj2ZQbZ.jpg

Later on, Erik went outside to pay homage at Carina’s tombstone.
    jqVMPLa.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, a sad farewell (and an interesting looking mod to make it possible). A good chapter.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @GalacticGal, a sad farewell (and an interesting looking mod to make it possible). A good chapter.

Thank you. That's the Mortem mod by SimRealist. I had to do a play-through, twice because I failed to snap the photos I needed. I also didn't wait long enough to realize the coffin appears when the Funeral director gives the eulogy. Oopsie. I hope it wasn't too maudlin in nature. I had a hard time seeing through my tears as I wrote it up. Glad you liked it. :)

Secrets and Plans. Wow. Just wow. Your story is really shaping up! I love it!
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2022
    Everyone has such well written storylines etc and here I am just sharing some stupidity from my game.
    Oh well. Actually happened a while ago but I'm too lazy to post anything in "present time" lol.

Edmund had a little repair accident. (I love/hate my mods.)
    ybQPzgm.jpg

Fortunately help is near and Abigail (his mom) is successful.
    rEOF9Tv.jpg

Abigail mopes away to cry in bed while Axel (the dad) autonomously goes and consoles their visitor about the death.
    His own freaking son’s death. I feel he should be the one comforted lmao. He didn't even have a darn moodlet about the death.
    XOd3PMo.jpg

Edmund's older brother Abel invited himself in to gush about the music. Because of course he did.
    Z7K5A0N.jpg

Axel’s still just grinning around like an idiot.
    I think due to his feeding incidents he might be way too used to seeing sims go down and then resurrected so he’s like “whatever lol”.
    vLwLc2Q.jpg

Oh hey, at least he had the courtesy to cheer about that.
    qN60Aer.jpg

Here we go again. They still despise each other but the routine of perma-flirty Grimmy shall continue.
    QzO7Bdc.jpg

Axel gets a whim to give someone a rose. Hey, a proper target for it IS highly appreciated he didn’t take Edmund away.
    Abel is watching the show with interest.
    ukHQMmy.jpg

Abel’s brother River joins the audience just when Grimmy tries to slobber all over Axel’s hands
    … which doesn’t go well with his and Abigail’s “only flirting around allowed” policy.
    TtkMEBD.jpg

River: “WHAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT???”
    Abel: “Pfft, look at these clowns.”
    YEs69Vm.jpg

~*~

Well, Abel himself managed to kinda clown about with extraterrestrials.
    FvWdT2u.jpg
  • Options

Thank you! I fear it's a little heavy on the exposition but at a certain point it's good to get that out of the way and move ahead. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

• Options

Thank you! I fear it's a little heavy on the exposition but at a certain point it's good to get that out of the way and move ahead. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I didn't think so. But then again, I have always been a Book Worm. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Meanwhile, back at home base...
    Va6h0Zd.png

Liberty has asked Harold Bishop to look after the house while her and my sim self are in Strangerville. Harold is preparing to take a bath and without notice my sim self's Uncle Declan rocks up on the doorstep.

WeprSA1.png
    Arjwo90.png

Unaware of each other's presence Declan begins to make himself at home and Harold takes his bath:
    prY2x1w.png

Wanting a wash himself, Declan decides to take a shower as well. As Declan enters the bathroom he finds a stranger in the form of Harold Bishop!
    hKQVBzm.png
    Cue screams from Harold as he sees Declan standing there:
    XkJqi4P.png

Declan runs back out to the lounge room and gets his sister-in-law on the phone straight away:
    DECLAN: Tina, get here now!
    Kv1Cnox.png

Tina arrives on the doorstep to see what all the commotion is about, the conversation went as follows:
    TINA: Who are you?
    HAROLD: I'm Harold Bishop.
    TINA: Yeah, I can certainly see! What's the matter with you? Don't you know how to hold a towel properly?!

Harold nervously looks down and quickly re-arranges his towel and the three of them begin to talk calmly:
    NtlMZ68.png

It turns out that Liberty arranged for Harold to house sit and my sim self through Tina arranged for Declan to house sit but no one told each other!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    The Hits Just Keep On Coming, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

The children were out-of-control. Erik could only surmise that the loss of their grandmother, in such a traumatic way, had dealt them each, a severe emotional blow. They were acting out. For himself, Erik spent time down at the Taygeta Studios, working on another album. He hid. He realized once he got back that evening, it was wholly unfair of him to leave Kayleigh alone to deal with the kids. The Butler was there, tending to her housekeeping duties, which was a vast improvement over their last Butler. Walking through the front door, he could hear the muffled sounds of anger coming from the office on his right.
    “So, just what do you think you’re doing young lady?”
    “Art.”
    LtOMo1v.jpg

“Well, art belongs on an easel, not the floor! I’ve had it with your nonstop antics, Melodie. Time Out, now!”
    mUsdReq.jpg

You can make me sit, but you can’t make me stop.
    wl2snJ2.jpg

Hearing a noise behind her, Kayleigh swirled around. Erik came to stand at her side, saying as he entered the room, “Harmony, what do you think you’re doing, little girl?”
    T4ZpmGw.jpg

The parents went out to the kitchen. Erik hadn’t eaten before he left and he was famished. Another surprise was awaiting them. “Cadence? Not you, too,” Erik said.
    bk6bNkc.jpg

“I’m very disappointed. You clean that up right now.”
    “O —kay.”
    U6WXRVJ.jpg

“Melodie! What is going on around here?”
    mbnYaF6.jpg

“Don’t let her fool you, Sweetheart,” Kayleigh said. “This whole thing started with her. She’s already sat in Time Out, for her shenanigans. I’m beginning to think she’s the ring-leader.”

“Is that right? What do you have to say for yourself,” he barely got out when Cadence began another mess.
    EeEnwyz.jpg

“I smell a conspiracy,” Kayleigh murmured.
    “You do realize, we’re out numbered,” Erik said.
    “More like out-daughtered.”
    “Okay, come on, it’s bedtime. We have church in the morning.”

Erik lay in bed staring up at the dark ceiling, awash in the silhouettes of the room’s furnishings. In the quiet of the early morning, he listened to the crackling of the small fire on the grate, the sap from the logs sizzling as it dripped onto the flames. Cozy and warm, enough light was cast so that they needn’t turn on a nightlight to find the bathroom.

“You all right?” Kayleigh said, sleepily into the side of her pillow.
    “Yeah, just unsettled. The dream was so bizarre. I don’t get premonitory dreams the way Brianna does, but I am uneasy about today.”

“Again? Erik’s that’s twice now, recently, you’ve had dreams that left you uneasy. What is going on?”
    “I don’t know. Like I said, this has always been Brianna’s shtick, not mine. What a burden she bears. I never really understood it before now. I used to give her such a hard time, too. Well, might as well get this day started.”

Erik went upstairs to see about Andrew. At least he wasn’t part of what the girls were doing to their parents. Relentlessly breaking any and all rules despite being punished for the deed. Erik felt weary to the bone. Jamison, also, was minding his P’s & Q’s, thankfully. His parents never once warned them that taking on this role would be so hard. Hard, it’s darn near impossible. All Erik and Kayleigh wanted was to turn out nice, polite Sims, good citizens who loved giving service where needed and were kind to all they met. What are we doing wrong?
    “Hey, there, good morning, Tiger. How about you sit on the Potty, okay? There’s a good boy.”
    gWGmONp.jpg

This moment of success was quickly dampened when he went into the triplet’s room. “Again with the paint! Harmony, you better hope Father James has time to hear your confession this morning, is all I can say. I have had enough of this nonsense!”
    0z16WtM.jpg

A few minutes later everyone was up. Erik went into the kitchen to feed the children. Fasting before Communion wasn’t a necessity, as they were quite young. Besides, Andrew was very hangry this morning. As Erik served up the light breakfast, Kayleigh walked into the kitchen. Erik smiled. He knew what she was about to announce, but he let her have her moment all the same. “I took a test this morning,” she began, all smiles.
    HCIzHCE.jpg

Jp8pwvo.jpg
    0q6Ybo7.jpg
    uL0Igr9.jpg
    LhYFAbG.jpg
    teyEzdc.jpg
    nryg8h6.jpg

“Oh, yeah? How did you do?” he said, playing along with her.
    “We’re having a baby! Oh, Erik, isn’t it wonderful. A new life after all this sadness.”
    “Honey, that’s great news. Now I don’t have to fret that our children are growing because I’ll have another baby to play with.”
    “Sometimes you’re such a little boy.”

The family wasn’t allowed to enjoy this news, however. Their phones went off. All of them. Erik was really beginning to to hate the device. Hardly having a moment to process what he heard, his phone went off a second time. “I have to fill in today as Choir Director,” he said, quietly. Quickly, he corralled his family and they traveled to St. James church, a tad earlier than normal.

Erik stood at the choir stand. Mindlessly, he thumbed through the choir notebooks, getting them set to the proper pages. As the choir slowly filed into the nave, they gave him a quizzical look, then smiled. “Joseph under the weather again?” some asked. Erik gave a wry smile. Making such an announcement was beyond him at this moment. He would end up sounding flippant, to avoid an emotional meltdown, which isn’t what he wanted. He just shook his head. “Looks like it’s me, today,” was all he managed to say. And maybe from here on out?

Father James spared him this task. “Dear Ones, forgive me this announcement prior to services this morning. But as you can see, our Choir Director isn’t here, today. Early this morning he suffered a massive heart-attack and passed away. His son, Erik will lead the choir, in Josephs’ stead. Please bear with us.”

Erik picked up the tuning fork, tapped it gently against his palm, held it to his ear and then hummed out the pitches to the Soprano’s, the Altos, the Tenors, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and back to the Sopranos’ pitch. He ended up doing this routine twice. “Please forgive me,” he said. “Let’s just get through this.” And he gave the notes again. High, lower, still lower, even lower, high. Five little notes.
    Even during the Homily, Father James struggled, “My heart goes out to our Cantrell family. The funeral for our Carina Golden just took place, yesterday. As you know she was the mother-in-law of Erik Cantrell. And now this. Please sign up to be part of the Food-Train. These families need it, sorely. Thank you.” And then he proceeded to the lesson for the day based upon the Epistle and the Gospel readings.

Later that afternoon, Erik stood before the full-length mirror tying the black tie into a double-Windsor which eluded his usual precision. As he struggled with it, he wondered what it was all for? How can I go as if nothing has happened when the worst of the worst has happened. Hit twice.

“Erik,” Kayleigh called. “Honey, are you dressed? It’s getting to be about that time. The kids are all fed and ready to watch their Daddy on TV. Come on,” she said, entering the room, Erik sat on the edge of the bed dressed in his shirt, socks and shoes, only. “Oh, Honey, I know this isn’t easy. But we’ve got to be an example to those five sweet children out there.”

“Those sweet children you described are busy redecorating our floors! Several times a day. They each take turns at it! Honestly, with the way they have been behaving of late, they should all be sent to bed. Early.”

Erik stopped his rant, gazing into his wife’s eyes. “Sorry. I know it’s been hard on you, too. I’m tired of funerals. I’m tired of Sims dying all around me. Kayleigh, I-I-I don’t know if I can stand in front of an audience right now. My heart feels like it’s ready to burst.”
    “Oh, Erik, no. You don’t have permission to go out with a heart-attack. Please, don’t be so like your Dad that you go out the very same way. I won’t allow it.”

Why is it that I believe you? “No,” he shook his head. “I’ve just reached my emotional limit, is all. Gotta love the Quirky Emotional Bomb. Let’s go. I need the distraction.”

“Ah, don’t you think you ought to put your pants on — first?”
    “Yeah, guess it is a bit chilly outside.”
    “More like drafty, dressed like that. Besides, maybe Dustin Broke will be there. He’s one to joke around. Is that a smile I see?”
    Erik shrugged. “Yeah, he’s good for a joke. He’s an okay guy, you know?” Erik slipped into his pants. Kayleigh helped him into his suit jacket, making a point of smoothing it across his broad shoulders.

Off they went. While it was cold in Henford-on-Bagley, it was warmer, even mild in Del Sol Valley. Once they arrived and were hit by the early evening warmth, Kayleigh stopped shivering. “You okay?” Erik asked.
    “I’m fine. This gown just isn’t suited for Fall in Henford-on-Bagley. I’m warmer, now. I’m just hoping with all of my heart our children won’t drive the Butler away. I do think them capable of such a thing.”
    “Perhaps, we should hire Mary Poppins.” he winked.
    “Oh, there’s my Erik. Thank you.”
    “For wearing really tight pants . . .” The Host began. “Louise Cantrell!”
    Louise slowly took her feet. Erik watched his mother closely, worried that she may faint on her way to the microphone. He was even surprised to see her out and about. His mother didn’t manage stressful moments very well, rather she retreated into her art. That’s where I get it. He quickly realized.
    “My late husband would be so delighted. He used to tease me about the tight clothing I tend to wear. This would tickle him to no end. And I thank you for this.”
    FVW3Cge.jpg
    6iTgdWZ.jpg
    “Thank you, again. Good evening.”
    1s3ZTKv.jpg

Louise settled into the seat between Kayleigh and Erik. Kayleigh reached over and patted her mother-in-law’s hand. Louise returned the gesture with a gently squeeze of Kayleigh’s hand.

“For bringing such aural beauty to ears around the world, the Best Song for this week, goes to Erik Cantrell, for his Heart of the Matter. Congratulations!”
    For a moment, he just stood there.
    92rRDwg.jpg

“What my mother didn’t tell you, is that we lost Dad, early this morning. Forgive us, I think we’re both in shock. And I’m so glad you gave her that wonderful Accolade. You made her smile, if only for a moment.”
    rdgIYhN.jpg

“My Dad was my Best Friend. He was always there when I needed him. Mentoring me. Nurturing my gift of song. He would have been so proud. In fact, he told me they had a pool going on at the university where he was the Mentor Professor. Guess they’ll have to send the winnings to my Mom. The man never understood or knew how or even when to slow down. He was very good at conveying lessons, but not so good at taking those lessons to heart. It’s a flaw I possess, too. I love you, Dad, this is for you!”
    VvHktEX.jpg

“I would also like to thank my fans. Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, the Academy of the Starlight Accolades for nominating me, once again, and for those who voted for Heart of the Matter. This means the world to me.”
    XscusQk.jpg

“Such things as these are the moments we all need to hang onto. Life is but a string of moments. Cherish them, all of them, good or bad. Together they make up what life is.”
    jWIOIEL.jpg

“Thank you, All, and good night! Kids go to bed”
    DlcHvPz.jpg

On the way home, Erik made up his mind, knowing what he needed to do.

All for now, thanks for reading! (Is it weird I'm almost afraid to play my game today?)

ETA: Okay, can somebody explain to me what is wrong with either of the names of the two lowest male singing levels? I replaced the one I had first, which was the lowest known human male singing voice, with the next one up from there. Yet it gets banana-ed out. Really, EA, really?
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options

Wyrd Girls - Don Investigates

"Mr. Lothario," the detective said. "My name is Williams and this is Detective Grant. We'd just like to clear up a few points with you about the death of Olivia Kim-Lewis."

"Sure," Don said, uncertain. "I don't know what I can tell you..."
    AuLhGqe.png
    "You were in a relationship with Ms. Kim-Lewis, isn't that right?" Detective Williams asked. "You had a date at a club in the city, the night of her death?"

"Yeah," Don nodded. "That's right."
    fyvBS47.png

"It was a good date?"

"Yeah, it was a pretty good date," Don said.
    b2wwryy.png

"Now why are you lying to us, Don?" Detective Grant asked fiercely.

"It wasn't a good date, was it?" Grant continued. "In fact, witnesses saw you two arguing that night."
    oFl0FXx.png

"I broke up with her, OK," Don groaned. "She was getting all serious... talking about weddings and stuff. I'm... I'm just not that kind of guy. So, I broke up with her... and then she went home and someone murdered her. I didn't... I didn't want to tell people I left her the night she got killed."
    BoS4B7C.png

"You're exes have bad luck, don't they Don?" Detective Grant said. "Olivia's dead. Cassandra's dead."

"Cassie and I broke up a long time ago, man," Don said. "We... wha' do call it... reconciled. You know, for Miranda's sake. Cassie and I get along... got along... OK."

"Did you know Olivia was investigating the disappearance of Cassandra and Miranda Goth," Detective Williams asked, "and Gwen Silveroak-Goth?"

"Maybe she was looking into things you didn't want her to," Detective Grant snarled.

"What?" Don said, puzzled. "No, I... I didn't know."
    mDl0a7t.png

Olivia was investigating what happened to Cassie and Gwen? She'd been looking for Miranda? Maybe... Don thought. Maybe she found a clue to what happened.
    e7LPD1m.png
    OK, I'm a horrible boyfriend and rotten father, but maybe... maybe I can find a clue too. Those cops sure don't know anything but what if Liv did. How would she have found out? Liv wasn't a detective. She was a reporter. She was great at asking people questions. She could get someone to spill there whole life for a story.
    ZbdTObX.png

Well... asking questions is just talking.
    bUvvAhm.png

I can talk to people...
    yqsDqRE.png

People, well, women, like to talk to me... and stuff...
    tw2GBEX.png

So, what do I know? Well, Cecilia is really...

Focus! About Miranda... Cecilia said she remembered some strange guys hanging around the woods at night. They scared her. She had nightmares about pale men coming into her house, hurting her... Something really weird is going on.

Man, I'm getting all spooky... thinking about Cassie and her ghosts and stuff. I'm tired... maybe I shouldn't have stayed so late with Cecilia. Heh... right... get some sleep, figure it out in the morning.
    uFQgo9a.png
    The door was no barrier...
    DK23peO.png

His mind was weak...
    qi4EFkY.png

His blood was hot...
    ihH4aE2.png

"Phone," Don gasped, staggering. The room spun. "Where's my phone... gotta... call..."
    ocbtLkw.png

Miranda... Sorry kid, I tried.
    tFNPWho.png

"My lord, Don Lothario will no longer be a problem for us."
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, oh rough times for poor Erik and Kayleigh... at least there's some good news among the bad.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    So, I’m so far behind, but I got to start somewhere.

@luciusstorm I’m really enjoying the updates, and I’m happy that Miranda got reunited with her mom.

Seeing Don with Cecilia made me chuckle… By the watcher, the kinda drama she caused for Jack when I played him. Don and Cecilia are perfect for each other, would be perfect for each other.

@Brd709 How did you manage to get three sims to be so oblivious about the other’s presence in the house?! Lol.

@GalacticGal I’m still catching up on your posts, but I had to leave a few comments about what I read so far.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @luciusstorm
    Poor Don! Wow, these vampires are racking up a body count.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. It is time for tonight's main event. In the grey corner weighing in at...*checks card*...none of your business young man, we have the irresistible force Aggggnesssss Cruuuuuuumplebottommmm!

And in the yellow corner weighing in at...*deep menacing growling*...ahem...it doesn't matter, it's the immoveable object Rrrrrrory Oaklowwwww!
    LgYFYSu.png?1

Alright, Simmers, let's get rrrrrready to rrrrumble!!!

Who's your money on?

If you wagered on Agnes, looks like it wasn't your lucky day either.
    277wTma.png
    X9T7YOa.png?1

Ruh roh
    lMpXA5Y.png?1

Really!!! Such unladylike behavior!
    A4iIudc.png?1
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, fantastic. I don't think this will end well for anyone...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top