Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    Wyrd Girls - The Death of Alexander Goth

Elsa knocked tentatively on the door, unsure of her welcome.
    tbFbIX6.png
    "Elsa, it's good to see you," Xander said, pulling his ex into a warm embrace. "Are you OK?"

"Oh God," Elsa sobbed. "Why do you have to be so nice about it?

"I'm sorry?" Xander said with a sheepish grin. "I'm happy and I've been worried about you."

"Well, No," Elsa said. "No, I'm not OK..."

"Come, sit and talk to me."
    b11nu5H.png

"It's funny," Elsa said. "We never talked when we were married, but you were the only person I could think of to talk to now."
    BEJkV8O.png
    "Are you still with Max?" Xander asked.

"Oh God... Max," Elsa took a deep breath. "He's horrible. He's a criminal, Xander. Not like some petty crook or anything... he's seriously involved in organized crime. He... he dragged me into it. He made me embezzle from the company."
    9pZcBo0.png

"He made me do... horrible things. Xander, I'm so ashamed.
    ekkzZmZ.png

"It's not your fault," Xander said soothingly.

"You don't know that," Elsa shook her head. "I'd try to fight him, sometimes. We'd argue... but I kept going back to him"
    1VjrSYZ.png

"Are you going back to him now?" Xander asked.

"No," Elsa took a deep breath. "I'm not. I... I had a pregnancy scare. I couldn't bear the thought of having his baby... of bringing a child into that life. Worse, I wasn't even sure if it was his. In the end, it was a false alarm... but it woke me up.
    7r17Nuu.png

"I told him we were though...
    2YmyzVg.png

"He didn't take it well. He threatened me..."
    zlLJ7Pf.png

"... but I'm done being intimidated by him."
    FKQnbNP.png

"Well, you're away from him now," Xander said. "If you want, you can stay here, until you figure out your next move. We can put a cot in Talos's workroom or something. I'm sure Morgan will understand."

"Understand you letting your ex-wife move back in?" Elsa shook her head. "She must be a pretty remarkable woman."
    78UxojZ.png
    "Out of my way, Morgan," Max snarled.

"No, Max," Morgan snapped back. "You're not welcome here. Crawl back under whatever rock you came from."

"Out of my way!" Max yelled. "Or I'll put you six feet under, like I should have done when you skipped out."
    AWuqY7C.png

"Goth!" Max barged into the apartment. "You think you can take from me? You can keep the red head. We used her up a while ago... but this one is mine."
    zw2YLJ9.png

"Get outa here Max!" Xander yelled back. "I'm not going to let you hurt them anymore."
    2fpHBcg.png
    BANG

"No so tough, are you Goth-boy," Max jeered.
    8wvff8L.png

"Oh God," Elsa sobbed. "Max, what have you done."
    rKojsdF.png

"Max, you monster!" Morgan cried.
    24ndKQj.png

"Get out, Max," Morgan demanded. "If you know what's good for you, you'll get out before the cops get here!"
    1qUiFSF.png
    Only, it wasn't the police Morgan called.
    gp3rtcU.png

They couldn't save Xander...
    D4eklko.png

... but she could.
    eT9S7bO.png

"We always agreed, the nights belong to you," Morgan said sadly. "I guess... at least he'll still be..."

"Morgan, darling," Lilith replied, "it will take some time for him to become accustomed to his new life but you will see him again."
    qlzoCja.png

"Sleep now, Alexander Goth," Lilith said. "When you rise, we will have much to discuss."
    2LWxJwi.png

Xander looks like he could be my sim self's doppleganger/brother!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've been busy trying to incorporate the new Werewolf into my Hybrids. I now have two saved in the Gallery under SEREFRAS. Oh, I only play vanilla with lots of Sims 4 Occult traits. :p;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @luciusstorm Interesting 'cure' to his death, but I do wonder if Max will still remain in Power?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    The Modeling Career test goes on.
    My Model sims are at level 8 now: Glamour model and Commercial Print Model.
    And they come home really grumpy because I am working them hard. Their Fabulous trait evaporates foul moods like water however.
    07-04-22_10-34-37_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They are in a new apartment because I need space for a media station.
    I also wanted them back in the Fashion district.
    07-04-22_10-43-37_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hopefully I can power through the last two levels issue free.
    07-04-22_10-39-59_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The media station is handy because they can do Fashion and Beauty vlogs as well as product reviews, and earn fame.
    07-04-22_2-08-56_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited July 2022
    @luciusstorm Thanks! I love your Lilith.

@mightysprite Thanks! I love your Diego.

@BlueSeaWaves I love Piper. What's up with Cyril arguing all the time though?

@Brd709 Congrats to the Strangerville team!

@GalacticGal Thanks! I've got a big set of wedding events coming up soon so hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Seems your game is going through a sad phase at the moment. Glad they have some good news in there too!

@Thrior I enjoy the random stuff that happened posts too! I love Axel's relationship with death (and the reaper).

This is just a "stuff that happened" post for me. I'm playing through a week with my retirement village before I move on to the family that has the wedding coming up.

When I started, the household consisted of Supriya Delgato (who will apparently live forever because she has the active trait), Dennis Kim, and Blossom and Mary Goldberg.
    They went on vacation to Mt. Komorebi because I still haven't played with that pack much.
    EnZ0H4o.png
    A9SjxN9.png
    EhQI6fn.png
    zJU1P7S.png
    vQG4nQ4.png
    itL4lah.png
    They concentrated on hiking because I didn't know how skiing would work with overexertion.

Blossom took her easel everywhere and Supriya and Dennis enjoyed each other's company.
    jvtAzI3.png
    e1oQo3X.png

And then...
    CarieGb.png

It was knight night at the bar so the random mourners were armored.
    fvtqv3A.png

At that point I took the rest home because they weren't in the mood for vacation anymore. And because I got a warning about Blossom and wanted to concentrate on earning enough aspiration points for her to get a potion of youth before the end.
    Unfortunately I failed.
    1tRYzwZ.png

And then there were two. I got Mary's points up in time so she'll be around a while. No idea about Supriya but so far she's still with us.
    They both spent some time with their families after all this, which cheered them up some.
    Knox and his daughter came over.
    hwm1fet.png

How can Mary be sad looking at this face?
    ZXknIwe.png
    b66Zyd5.png

They also went back to Mt. Komorebi together and tried some sledding.
    Qul5ZOL.png
    HZXHjoW.png

Oops!
    2Nhh63g.png

Everybody's ok.
    0fSBnQY.png

Supriya went out to test a new restaurant I put in the Old Salt House. I downloaded it and just tweaked it a little (it had too many tables and I like this floor color better). She invited Evie, Evie's son Darius, Darius's wife Candy and Darius and Candy's daughter Desiree.
    1nJCcZA.png
    ytRAlQg.png

Candy's food was a little hot.
    jB6reLV.png

Desiree thought they needed some table music.
    lRZcajA.png

I was randomly looking for an action and found Flaunt Wealth- Money Phone. I had no idea what that meant so I tried it.
    wRKV0UH.png

I did no realize everyone else was going to play along.
    D52Ud6d.png
    The waitresses hate them now.
    Evie's family is the second wealthiest regular household in the game. The retirement village has so much money I never pay attention to it because the Fyres and Delgatos moved in after selling their houses and no one's ever needed to work since, so they don't count. It's actually Pierce Delgato and his wife who are the wealthiest branch of the main family in this save.

Supriya went out with Pierce too.
    YbsWA5R.png
    TB5GYvo.png
    That's also a new restaurant I downloaded. I think I like that one the way it is.

While Supriya and family were dining, I saw my other sims, Gillian and Cassandra Goth, come in with only one of their teenage daughters. Later I decided she probably wished they'd brought the other one.
    JfUA9z7.png
    Gillian has the paranoid trait and is prone to the scared emotion. Since I wasn't playing them I have no idea what she was scared of at the moment. Gwendolyn's expression while her mothers are embarrassing her cracks me up though.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    BTW here's my sims from my earlier posts celebrating their fireworks holiday:
    HgOsQ77.png

Tz1pbcr.png

I thought I'd save those for today. Happy Simming!
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @mightysprite I loved the line, "Don, ever the intellectual, observed "You're acting weird."" That made me laugh!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    @Daephene LOL at that money phone thing! I have never tried that either! I think it's a great idea to have a retirement village. I really wish there was more to do with elders. I often tend to put the households on hold when all the kids are away at college, then have one of the adult kids move back in with the parents and play a multi-generational household. Your idea seems like another good way to keep playing with my beloved Sims and giving them a more real and full life as they age.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Thanks @Daephene and @GirafHuntr :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited July 2022
    @luciusstorm Your Alexander is very different indeed. I love how you set up his transformation!
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I’m really enjoying the updates.

@Brd709 Nice updates. The cure to the face was an interesting way to deal with the infection.

@luciusstorm I just noticed that I tagged the wrong person. It was a typo. I’m really enjoying the story so far, and I look forward to seeing what happens with Alexander.

————

I’ve been struggling to find inspiration for my next update, and I think I’m just tired of CAS for now. I’m thinking of going back to gameplay soon. Not all my merfolk have updated outfits, but most of them are updated. The break has been a nice creative refresher, but it’s been longer than anticipated.
    edited July 2022
    “Tis The Season …”, an Erik Cantrell Redux

Erik Cantrell was drained. Already it was Wednesday, Christmas Eve, and he hadn’t heard back from the Coroner’s Office. Like everyone else, they just wanted to give Joseph Cantrell, Sr. a good send-off. This would allow for some closure. In the meantime, life went on. Kayleigh was huge, seemingly growing larger by the day. Certainly, her time was very near.
    KymPR8l.jpg

Erik pulled himself out of bed. The morning was chilly. He stood before his bedroom fireplace trying to warm up. Then, as his father had instituted the Tradition, he went to the staircase and hollered up at them. “Children! Oh, Children, guess what today is? I need you downstairs, front and center.”
    Much to his surprise, all four of the older children came running down the stairs, sounding much like a herd of cattle. “You called, Daddy?” all three girls chorused.
    "Reporting for duty, sir," Jamison said.
    “Yes, this year’s color theme is red and gold. The ornaments are in that box. Let’s get started.”
    6rzUJY5.jpg

The doorbell rang, and Kayleigh went to answer it. To her surprise it was Hayleigh. “Come on in. We didn’t expect Sims until around eleven. I’m so glad you came early. Now, you can help decorate the tree.”
    z5RPCMw.jpg

“Thanks,” Hayleigh said. “It’s a bit like a morgue at home. Poor Daddy. I'm afraid he's not coping very well. I think this party may just be the thing for him.”
    Cg1CgjE.jpg

Slowly, the tree was taking shape. For once, nobody was arguing. Erik smiled, grateful that a prayer had been answered. Today was fun.
    9T5OmsU.jpg

With the ornaments and lights on, the garland in place, and finally the tree skirt, too, Erik stood back. Hand on his chin, he scrutinized the tree from all sides. “Well, Harmony, what do you think? Is it done? And if not, what does it need?” His Dad used to get his opinion, which made him feel special, as a kid. Doing his best to to foster these feelings in his own children, he was making a concerted effort to spend one-on-one with each of them.
    erIXsku.jpg

“Well?” Erik said, after Harmony gazed at the tree from all sides. Then she smiled, hugely. “I think it’s done!”
    “Everyone else agree?”
    “Done!” Melody, Cadence, Jamison and little Andrew said, although Andrew’s word sounded more like babble.
    DNukKeZ.jpg

“Now, for the outside decorations,” Erik declared. “I think I should get dressed, first. What do you kids think?”
    “I think you’ll freeze if you don’t,” Melodie said.
    “Yeah, and then you’ll become a Pop-sickle,” Harmony began to snicker.
    “Always a wisenheimer in the group,” Erik chuckled. She’s certainly mine.
    With a great deal of huffing and puffing, and fear, Erik managed to hang the lights. With some of the eaves, he could lean out of the window. Happily, they had left the hooks up from last year.
    F6LmVB5.jpg

Kayleigh and Erik put the children, all of them, down for a nap. “I don’t care if you sleep, but getting some rest will be a good thing. Tonight’s service is late. We’ll start about ten-thirty tonight. And there’s a likelihood we’ll return around two in the morning.”

Erik and Kayleigh hid out in their bedroom, finishing up the wrapping. They had invited both families to join them come the ‘morrow. “I’m glad you gave the children the tasks you did. I’m starting to see a real difference in their behavior,” Kayleigh said, tying the ribbon around the wrapped box. Erik did the wrapping and Kayleigh did the finishing touches, ribbon, bow and tag.
    “So, you’re not upset that the three girls rotate doing the two dirtiest jobs?”
    “I think It’s a practical lesson in responsibility. Besides, Melodie and Harmony deserve to clean out the Coop and the Shed. Cadence, too, going along with the devilish scheme. They made the biggest, nastiest messes in their spree. Having Jamison do the gardening upkeep is something he’s always tried to do as a Toddler. He’s a good boy, your son.”
    "And your son, Andrew, is doing a great job getting Potty-trained."
    Finished with their wrapping job, Erik placed the rolls of paper, the tape, the ribbon and the bows into the ‘art closet’. Glancing at the bottles of paint inside, it dawned on him they needed a new and better lock. While he worked at cleaning up the scraps, Kayleigh slipped into her dress coat and matching hat. “Wow, the hours just flew by,” She said as he followed her out to the Great Room. “I guess we should wake the children.”
    “Yeah, it is getting to be about that time.”
    “Oh,” she gasped.
    “Kayleigh?”
    5bFjBwy.jpg
    “I’m not sure I’m going to make it tonight.”

Trying very hard not to panic, he took the steps two at a time, roused the four older children, had them dress. “I’m hoping to be back in time to take you to services, myself,” Erik said, “But just in case, Uncle Joey and Auntie Astrid will take you. Hurry and get dressed and don’t forget to brush your teeth.”
    “Dad,” Jamison said, “Is it go-time, or something?”
    Erik smiled and tussled the boy’s blond locks. “Yes. I’ll send word, so don’t panic if all of your phones go off at once.”
    Of all nights to have to be out in. Erik didn’t recall reading about a possible blizzard. Yet, the Staff just arriving for the night shift were all out front, trying to see through the swirls of bright, white snow!
    “Brr,” Kayleigh complained.
    ZpTJdyy.jpg

The couple followed the Medical Attendants inside the Clinic. Kayleigh found her Obstetrician and had him check her dilation. What she didn’t share with Erik was her contractions began a few hours earlier, while they were busy with the gifts. The doctor confirmed she was near.
    Kayleigh worked out on the exercise ball. Erik was nearby, but closer to the other end of the corridor, for which she was thankful. He finally got it. She could hear him sing and play from there. He knew where his diaphragm was and he knew how to use it.
    JG8Jl4H.jpg

In a very short time, the doctor checked Kayleigh and got her into the Delivery Room, S.T.A.T. “Erik,” she called, “I’ll be in Room Two. Don’t be long,” she warned. “This baby is coming fast!”
    “Okay, Babe, I’ll be right there. Gotta go!” Off he jogged down the hall. Pushing open the double door, he glanced over at the examination table.
    tzpTU1T.jpg

He grew concerned. Kayleigh looked entirely worn out. “Kay-Kay,” he said.
    “She’s okay,” the doctor said. “Just one more good push.”
    “I don’t think I can, Doctor.”
    FJYflJK.jpg
    “Yes, you can this isn’t your first rodeo.”

“And here she comes,” Doctor Freeman said, catching the wee girl in his hands.
    sPcBR0Z.jpg

“Okay, here’s Mama,” he said, handing Kayleigh her baby.
    “Oh, don’t cry, Sweetheart. I know it’s going to be tough having your birthday on Christmas Eve.”
    2AYnq3N.jpg

“Erik you better not be taping this!”
    “And I keep telling you, I make certain I guard your privacy. Relax, Honey.”
    I6E82cP.jpg

“Come meet our new daughter,” Kayleigh said.
    N6nRW0X.jpg

“Baby Girl,” he cooed.
    “What should we call her?”
    “Carina,” came his quick answer.

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Post ETA: I realized I put in a wrong picture. :open_mouth:
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ok, so I finally did it. I actually made a Werepanther. And not just any Werepanther, she is a relative of the Pink Panther. Her name is Lavander Panther. :p:D
    She's now saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if any simmer wants to check her out.
  • andyandysimsandyandysims Posts: 7 New Member
    Yesterday, Sherry was just casually talking to her coworker Brent Hacking. He's made friends with her and has entertained her toddler (as she's a single mom) for a while whenever Sherry was busy. But because Sherry has the Mean trait, she tried to steal his money! Now they're no longer friends but Brent keeps showing up at her house hoping to spend time with little Lucia. Note: I do have mods in my game and stealing someone's money might be a product of that, not sure.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,552 Member
    @Daephene, I like the retirement village concept. I may have to steal that. Sims passing on is sad but toddlers always cheer me up.

@GalacticGal, another great chapter in the life of a musical star... though I have no idea how you manage that many kids. I have a hard time keeping up with one.

@Metior_Ice, thanks!

I've been fighting with my computer the last couple of days (Windows 11 update... why oh why did I click yes?) but I hope to play again soon.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Thank you @luciusstorm. It's not easy, but having autonomous on full is a huge help. If you haven't noticed, the kids are all brats! LOL
    Ripples In A Pond, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Exhausted, Erik’s children finally went off to bed. He was correct in the time. They arrived home, just after two in the morning. Making the rounds, Erik and Kayleigh tucked them all in bidding them a Merry Christmas. Then the couple went off to bed themselves. Being careful to set the alarm so that they could rise again in plenty of time to greet their guests.
    “Daddy, Hayleigh, I’m so very glad you came. Come in, come in, it’s cold out here.”
    vRwA7p2.jpg

"Brianna, I'm so happy to see you, where is your family?"
    QqIaMTF.png

As everyone arrived, the kids were busy dancing in the office, which invited other family members to join them.
    4Xi8Vvb.jpg

At long last the Christmas Feast was ready. Kayleigh rang the bell, so happy to finally have this pleasure, calling others to a Grand Meal.
    YhuyE9r.jpg

“Why did I bother to set the tables in the diningroom!” Melodie complained loudly.
    “We have more seating in the other room,” Kayleigh tried to entice her guests. Seems their small kitchen table suited the needs of her guests.
    cG9adjd.jpg

Gathering around the pile of gifts, it was time to open presents.
    vroz3N0.jpg

“Oh, it’s been so very long since anybody ever got me a Christmas gift,” Agnes Crumplebottom said.
    YumCJyL.jpg

“I do wonder what could be in it?”
    m38Kh8Y.jpg

“I’ll just take a little peak.”
    MbNPfp6.jpg
    “Oh, my, it’s exquisite. Thank you.”

After a bit of conversation, in which Erik regaled them all with another one of his most Outrageous stories, as only he could tell it, another guest arrived.
    “Oh, hey, look who’s here,” Erik said.
    RplL5uB.jpg

“Welcome to our home, Father Winter,” Erik said. “We are all so glad you came.”
    ccha3ji.jpg

“Andrew, you’re the youngest. Go over and very nicely ask Father Winter to give you a gift. Remember to say please.”
    DwXESjm.jpg

Quite before Father Winter could answer the little tyke, two of his older sisters rushed the man. “Whoa-ho-ho,” said Father Winter.
    XPaDvaF.jpg
    “Can we each have a gift, please?”
    “Babble, babble babble?” (which when translated meant What about me?)

“Hi, Father Winter, I wrote you a letter. I’m Jamison. May I please have a gift?” Jamison said.
    nbaD6jE.jpg
    “Oh, thank you so much!”

“Babble babble babble babble babble, babble?”
    YBqUVCg.jpg

“That’s okay, son, just try again.”
    4yZwNlo.jpg

So, Andrew, gave it another shot. Unfortunately, his talking skills weren’t very good. All that came out was more babble. Sometimes, the older kids translated for him, but tonight, they were otherwise occupied. Empowered by his Daddy’s encouragement, Andrew leaned his head back and began to speak. Again, nothing but gibberish.
    ryrgtgU.jpg

In the end, there was no additional gift for Andrew. He should be glad. Two of his sisters got coal. Neither was impressed, either.

In a flash, escaping through the Master Bedroom fireplace, Old Father Winter was up and away.
    czmgvHx.jpg

Before Captain Drake Golden left with his two youngest daughters, Erik pulled him back into the Master Bedroom. “I thought you may enjoy meeting your newest granddaughter,” Erik said, holding the brand new baby up.
    fJdoCQB.jpg
    “She’s lovely, all of your children are very handsome. What have you named her?”
    “Carina.”

“That’s the best Christmas present anyone has ever gotten me. Thank you.”

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    @luciusstorm When I updated to Windows 11, my entire system started running like molasses. After a week or so of trying to get it working, I just went back to 10. :#
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I feel sorry for the Clarke babies. Both parents wiped out by neighbourhood stories at the same time!
    RlvAnXg.png
    P8DsgEs.png
    What Will Be. Will Be, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik barely returned from his latest photoshoot when his phone went off. Finally. The Corner had completed his tasks and the family could now bury their loved one. He apologized for the delay. Seems the holidays had left him short-staffed. “Don’t worry about it,” Erik said. “I know what it’s like to have to be two places, at once.” The celebrity quickly made the appointment for his father’s overdue burial. Saturday at seven in the evening. Late, but this would allow for Vespers to be over, since this time, the funeral was going to be held at St. James’ Church, as was fitting.
    “Andrew, I know you’re upset about last night, but this isn’t the way to handle it. Come with me I have to check on lunch before it burns.” Erik carried the baby into the kitchen with him and set him down again.
    885pxYw.jpg

“Bad things are going to happen, Baby Boy,” He said, having stirred the Mac ‘N Cheese. He dumped it into a serving bowl. “It’s all in how we deal with it. And I know Father Winter acted as if you weren’t even in the room, and that hurts. But I also happen to know there’s a gift for you in that small pile of gifts. Do you think, maybe, he left it for you? You should go check it out.”
    7J5egrL.jpg

“Erik, there you are. I thought I heard your voice,” Kayleigh said.
    “I like the cut of your jib, Ma’am.”
    “You do? Well, I thought maybe you may be up for rockin’ the dock a bit.”
    “Kay-Kay, you’re very hard to resist, but do you see my schedule? I have three more concerts and two, count ‘em, two magazine photoshoots!”
    UOcD1Bo.jpg

“Hm, just proves to me you’re really hot stuff. And I can’t believe you’re turning me down.”
    “Now, did I say that?” Erik said, peeling out of his coat, gloves and cap. “Lead the way.”

While the couple enjoyed each others’ company, Andrew made his way over to the tree.
    “EEE” he squealed.
    yPeQnzz.jpg

Erik went off to his second of four concerts for the day. While he was gone something told Kayleigh she should take another test. They were so hasty in their private party, all caution was thrown to the wind.
    Kayleigh followed the instructions on the test. Old hat for her now. She waited for the test to complete. It’s going to be negative. It has to be negative. At last, she took a look at the stick.
    b5GED7c.jpg

Sitting there for some time, Kayleigh just wasn’t sure how she felt about this — how Erik was going to feel about this. Oh, you’ve done it, now.
    zIQr2z8.jpg

Saturday dawned, bright but cold. The kids went out to perform their assigned tasks of taking care of their farm animals. This time Melodie even remembered to put the six bottles of milk into the refrigerator. Kayleigh felt gratified. Finally her children were gaining responsibility.

Harmony came along after her to carefully place the eggs into their tray. “Mommy, how do you tell if a egg is fertilized or not?”
    “Why do you think you’ve got one?”
    “Maybe, I don’t know.” The girl shrugged.
    “We can try to candle it,” Kayleigh said.
    “What? How?”

“Light a candle and hold the egg up to it. This will allow you to ‘see’ any dark spots which would be the baby chick’s eyes forming.”
    “The Broody hen was sitting on it, though. Doesn’t that mean it’s fertilized?”
    “Not, really. Some hens are just Broody and will sit for ages on an entire clutch without a single egg hatching.”
    “Poor thing. Wanting a baby chick and getting nothing.”

Harmony started to run off to do the test when Kayleigh called to her, “Harmony, should that egg be a fertilized one, take this pen and gently mark it with a dot, so we won’t mistake it again. And put it back in the Coop — right away.”

“Okay, Mommy. Now, I feel like a real Farmer.”
    "That's my girl!"
    The time for the funeral came. The family piled into Erik’s shiny, red Hovercraft and headed to St. James’ Church. Slowly, the rest of the Cantrell’s made their way into the nave. “I’m glad we got here early. They haven’t yet brought Dad’s casket in.”
    8WEte44.png

While they waited, unfortunately for Erik, his kids found ways to amuse themselves. “Melodie, this is our Church. We come here every Sunday, why would you mess it up like this? I’m very disappointed in you. That’s it. You’re in Time Out.”
    egOHgQN.png

Turning around, hearing a light snickering, to his dismay, Jamison was also disgracing himself. “Jamison, not you, too! That’s it. No radio until I say you can have it back.”
    pXUxXtF.png
    DtvPg5P.png

Piano playing, soft and soothing, wafted into the nave from the narthex. Shortly, thereafter the casket was placed atop the bier. Coming around to the front of it, the Funeral Director took his place, ready to give a Eulogy.
    6sbfzFB.jpg

“Professor Joseph Cantrell, Sr., always gave his all. Whether it be his work, which he loved, teaching and mentoring young Sims, his directing of the Church Choir, which he also loved, as he did his God, to the rearing of his five wonderful children. He loved them very much, he loved his wife and I have a hunch that he will be very busy in this next life. Suffice it to say, he was a Workaholic. I can’t even imagine him slowing down up there. Let that be a lesson to all of you. Learn to slow down and enjoy what life has to offer. Give yourself the time, else you will lose it in the end. Memory Eternal, Joseph.”
    DGNCwNC.png

After the end of the service, Erik stepped outside for a moment to mourn for his late father. “Dad, I can’t believe you’re gone. Too soon. Way too soon. My God, you worked yourself to death. Why? I love you so much. And I miss you so badly, I can’t breathe.” And I’m afraid, I’m just like you. Is there still time for me to change?
    p92EgcX.jpg
    When he had pulled himself together once more, he went downstairs to the Hospitality Room, to thank guests for coming and to share moments about Joseph with others.

Meanwhile, as the rest of the family and guests proceeded to the Hospitality Room downstairs, Kayleigh ran into Brianna, who gave her belly a curious look.
    “Please, don’t say anything to Erik. I haven’t had a moment to break it to him.”
    “And he hasn’t noticed? What’s wrong with that brother of mine?”
    “He just thinks it’s left-over from Carina, is all. I’m always a little pudgy in the aftermath. And he would never say anything about it, lest he hurt my feelings, which he's always so careful not to do. He's such a love.”
    “Oh, I see . . . No worries. It’s between the two of you. Not my business. Just some sister-in-law advice, don’t wait too long. He’s pretty quick on the uptake, you know?”
    2yqGQ0l.png
    “Thanks, you’re a good sister.”

Erik found the group in the church’s kitchen when he finally came back inside.
    XJsOZMN.jpg

More to come. Thanks for reading! :)
    Even What You Think You Know . . . , an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Although Erik felt at peace, a happy residual of the funeral service, getting up earlier on a Sunday morning was still difficult. He must have tossed and turned all night. But, he had a breakthrough, of sorts. He found it curious and more than just a little interesting, that after having been on a decided road to responsibility, all of his older children should quite suddenly resort to vandalizing their own church. This was disturbing, but enlightening at the same time. All Sims grieve in their individual manner. That has to be it. They’re reacting to the deaths in our family.

Erik watched from his choir stand, as his wife and children filed into the nave and took their favorite spot on the rug. The kids didn’t all stand, as they should, but they were young and could easily be forgiven. At least, they had finally stopped running around and bothering other families with their antics. Well, at least the oldest ones. Andrew, was yet another story. Without Erik being right there to spell Kayleigh in holding him, he sometimes wandered over to the choir. Hands folded as he watched his Daddy. Erik would smile down at him. He even lowered one of the unused stands to be about his level. Erik wasn’t about to discourage a potential choir member.Dad used to say 'we need the kids to join. They are the future choir'. His mind flitted to this happy memory.

During Coffee Hour, their Church Family was quick to extend their condolences. Erik thanked them, but also noticed his mother fled early. He worried about her. At last, it was time to go home.
    Erik decided a Post-Liturgical nap was in order. The children all went out to finish up what they hadn’t before Church. Baby Carina, fed and diapered anew, was quietly sleeping in her bassinet. Erik lay down on his bed, listening to the infant’s breathing . . .
    eSgpCaU.png

Before he knew it, he was awake again. Only this time, he was happily refreshed. Power nap. He got up and went outside, to check the children’s work. As he suspected, Magnolia needed to be milked. The girls were sometimes a bit skittish about this task, as one time Magnolia kicked over the bucket. Cadence was afraid she would be in trouble. Silly girl, these things happen.
    6qOVUrO.png
    “Oh, you’re good and full, Mags. Sorry for the wait.”
    pLg08WX.png

Erik came in from the chilly outdoors, took a nice hot bath in some relaxing soaks. Got dressed and went on down to the PBP Studios. Once again, he had been nominated. Kayleigh begged off sighting she was tired and a tad nauseous. Erik gave her a look, but didn’t say anything. “Okay, I love you,” he said giving her a kiss. “See you when I get back.”
    “Break a leg, Sweetheart. I’ll be watching with the children.”
    Looking around, slowly the usual group meandered in. Erik didn’t see his mother, which on the one hand he understood, yet at the same time, she was already enough of a recluse, her staying away troubled him. Probably crying her eyes out. Hope you're not alone, Mom.

“The Starlight Accolade goes to Arihi Ausage, a real underdog, who put out one heck of a performance. Congratulations Arihi!”
    “Thank you, All, This is an honor I never expected.”
    BnCkXGO.jpg

Holly Alto won, and gave a stirring, tear-jerking speech.

“Let’s give it up for the Best Performance recipient, Sai Chadran!"
    “Thank you, to the Academy, to the Director, the Crew, the Cast. All of you for going out to see the film! I am so happy!”
    lIKAwlv.jpg

“For bringing such aural beauty to ears around the world, the Accolade for Best Song goes to . . . Erik Cantrell! I am no longer surprised.”
    Erik got up from his seat, quietly amused. There was such a buzz going on in the audience. All night since he got here the fans and Paparazzi were vying for his attention. Did they know in advance?
    5AjEZgH.jpg

Erik stood in front of the microphone. “Who would have guessed I’d be back here tonight? Eighteen. I’m beginning to feel awkward about all of these wins. And humbled. Always humbled.”
    PHdUFew.jpg

“I have so much to be grateful for. For all of you. My Fans, my Record label, Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, for all of the concerts promoting my work. For my D-d-d," ah-ah-ah-ah-umm, he tried to clear his throat. “My newly departed Dad, who fostered my gifts. Sorry, we just laid him to rest last night.”
    vdkIkAQ.jpg

“I know he is proud of me, up there, working away, as he likely is. I want to thank my mother, from whom I inherited much of my artistry, if one can call it that. My many siblings, my many children, who are likely to be artists each in their own way. They certainly practice enough. All over the floors . . . My Fans, did I mention my fans already?”
    koaeJsz.jpg

“These last forty-eight hours have been insane. Thank you to the Academy and all who voted for Sands of Time. I shall cherish this, forever. Good night, Everybody. Kids go to bed!”
    rTxZXnw.jpg

Erik had barely headed for his seat when a fan smiled at him, “Erik, may I have a hug?” she asked.
    “Sure,” he said. She knows I need one.
    “I’m so sorry for your loss,” she whispered.
    YYI8u5B.jpg
    "Thank you," he whispered back. "You're very intuitive."

All for now! Thanks for reading, :)

`
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the Clarke babies. Both parents wiped out by neighbourhood stories at the same time!
    RlvAnXg.png
    P8DsgEs.png

The good news is that the same family adopted them, so they can grow up together. YIkes, NS is out-of-control.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    s5ZVa3i.jpg

I created a new Sim, Allison Descoteaux. She's a French woman who has moved to Windenberg to work as a caterer. She became quickly known around the neighborhood because of her evening runs, and enthusiasm for dance parties. Increasingly popular, she hosts Sunday brunches and her home almost always has one of her friends hanging out there. She's especially close to Penny Pizzazz, fellow party animal. When she isn't working, Allison enjoys dancing, stargazing and painting. She's begun selling some of her paintings in the Windenberg area, but her passion is creating beautiful and tasty food. She was recently able to build a little patio on the outside of her house.

Tjvrfsl.jpg

She is starting to consider relocating. Although she likes Windenberg, it rains so much (even during the summer) that she's often unable to go for her evening runs -- a source of frustration considering how active she is!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top