Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I started playing the Plantsim Scenario. Unfortunately, the plants still can't turn into perfect, only excellent. The ground plants are 5 years overdue to be fixed. They should've fixed it before making the Scenario. Oh well it is what it is. :'(
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    What do you mean, @Serverfra? I've evolved a ton of plants up to perfect recently, including a couple today?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    I only have a basic Desktop PC with Windows 10. I can only play vanilla.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited April 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear that. It's the basic, not the Windows 10. I have Windows 10. Evolving you plants doesn't need a mod. It's part of the vanilla game. Your Sim just needs a certain level of gardening skill in order to evolve plants.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Cool. Nice to see how you actually transformed him. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @Spen4zen I'm sorry my response is late. I tend to wait until a story presents itself before I post. There will be pauses in between posts, and sometimes I end up with lots to share, so I post more than one in a single day. :open_mouth: I try to keep them relatively short.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Evolving plants, all the way up to perfect, doesn't require any mods. I feel like you are confusing the gardening glitches that causes plants to revert to dirt piles with plant evolution. The two are not related. You can (and probably will) experience the former regardless of what quality you evolve your plants to. Not using the "Great Soil" lot trait can help mitigate it from happening though.

Even many of us who use mods have the reversion-to-dirt-pile issue, because the only mod that allegedly "fixes it" is still behind a pay wall. It shouldn't be, he's violating the EA ToS by keeping it behind a pay wall for as long as he has, but it is what it is. I'm not willing to pay someone just to fix game bugs. That's EA's job...so it happens to me as well. Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often, since I stopped using Great Soil lot trait.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I started playing the Plantsim Scenario. Unfortunately, the plants still can't turn into perfect, only excellent. The ground plants are 5 years overdue to be fixed. They should've fixed it before making the Scenario. Oh well it is what it is. :'(

If you have Island Living, sims with the Sulani Mana Trait, aka an Island Elemental Occult, can raise the level of any plant. It can be helpful. I play vanilla because I play on console.

Still wish I could use some merfolk mods.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    My sim self's middle son's husband Riku got pregnant naturally by Andrew after allowing him to get pregnant by changing the settings in CAS, today he went in to labor:
    g6TgNnS.png

Riku welcome's his son Brian:
    X1LgCp3.png

Daisy greets her new brother Brian and of course she gets a sad moodlet after meeting him:
    imv5c6J.png

The night before Riku's husband Andrew got abducted by aliens but this time didn't return home with an alien sibling for Daisy:
    HYdn9rH.png

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited April 2022
    I accidentally deleted my save file, was trying to delete my other screw around save file but deleted the main one that I was playing a cop sim on... RIP! D:

Now I have to restart ALL over again.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited April 2022

What do you mean by You cant get the plants to perfect? The actual garden plants or the Plant Sim? lol. I have no problems with getting garden plants to perfect. Also a tip for gardening, they do better in the new patches that came with cottage living if You have that pack. The tilled soil does not make the plants vanish "as often" and the soil patch is way cheaper than a planter box. You can fit four plants in a patch of soil or a giant plant from cottage living. It still auto harvest if anyone leaves the lot though.
    @Stormkeep Thanks for passing on that info about the lot trait, I use that lot trait all the time so I will take it off and see if it helps. I have had much better luck with the cheap 10 dollar soil plot from CL so maybe with changing the lot trait it will help even more. Right now I just wish they would fix the Auto Harvest, it is maddening.
    @GalacticGal I enjoy reading your story so whenever the inspiration strikes I will be here to read it. I do love reading as much as playing the Sims so I enjoy reading everyone's stories.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I accidentally deleted my save file, was trying to delete my other screw around save file but deleted the main one that I was playing a cop sim on... RIP! D:

Are you on PC? Wouldn't it be in your Recycle Bin?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @GirafHuntr, If you delete a Save Game from within the game using the "Delete" button, they don't go to your recycle bin. They just get deleted completely, including any of the older auto backups of that particular save.
  • Options
    @spend4zen Thank you so much. That's really very sweet of you to say. :)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2022
    As part of my legacy story- see link in siggy- Ryan and Katherine were teen parents to a son named Ben. Since he'll be a teenager soon, I'll be doing a chapter where the parents look back at him as he grew from a helpless infant to the young man they love, bound to take the world by storm <3
    ETA: Yes, they're teenagers in these pics. I enabled teen pregnancy through MCC Woohooer.
    52004932466_256a831742_k.jpg
    52003916652_1cfe0d3eaa_k.jpg
    52005460530_8a5427d6a6_k.jpg

LINK TO MOD
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options

Oh, well, darn it all. That sounds on the order of something I might do. Gosh, I hope my 'affliction' of messing things up isn't contagious. :open_mouth:

All kidding aside, I would gently suggest you make back-up copies of all saves before you delete. I have ones in my game I'm not playing at the moment, but have them clearly marked so that I don't go bat-stuffing crazy in my zeal to 'clean house', as it were. I have some heavy lifting to do, so to speak, to clean out my Tray folder again. Did this years ago. Took them one at a time, searched for the builds I wanted to keep, and started a brand new game save, that I marked Build Template or words to that effect. If I had more than one, I would add a number. Then I would upload the builds I wanted. This ended up taking about five new game saves to upload everything I wanted to make sure I kept. I then wrote down what build was in which save and what town, so that I could make sure I didn't accidentally have duplicates. Then I placed a brand new Tray folder into the game and from the different build saves, I uploaded each build. That way I could safely delete the others. It's a lot of work, so I have been dragging my feet on it. I'm currently trying to get my copied Sims of my Main save married. ( I have had to restart my Cantrell family more times that I can now recall.) One week of high school left and they age up. I will clean out the Tray folders, though. I have six at the moment, I believe. And they don't all have the builds I want to keep!

Again so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Today, Hermione reached the top of the medical career profession and is now Chief of Staff at Willow Creek Memorial hospital
    6ba6b09cacef9761493eef4c4430f33985061685.jpg
    50c7b710ad86ef659c2ba6960550939f6712e69b.jpg4b914c25075f8319e879281f7b5a916903885bb9.jpgfd91110dc8c4f88468c86b1b153666f43cb090db.jpg

Meanwhile, over in Strangerville, Ivy Cahill is still coming to terms with her new, green outlook on life. She's also settling in to the mobile home and begins work on Saturday, as a nature conservationist.
    d154e8063e6c1253284e7c3c6c0385f4d5dfbb85.jpg
    6d633999de529d5c53b0daefcbc11b52bbba8097.jpg
    Ivy is my first time playing a scenario in months, and I'm enjoying that it is different from what I've been doing with all the other played households in my current game.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@SERVERFRA Is this a bug? If it helps any, I use salmon fish as a fertilizer because this gives the most fertilizer strength I read. I just buy the fish aquarium that has salmon and then buy them and use them fresh to fertilize. It's a bit costly this way, but it's worth it as it brings the plants up to perfect more quickly in my game.
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Are you on PC? Wouldn't it be in your Recycle Bin?

I deleted it in game. lol
    Also I was testing something in my screw around file, was gonna delete it but deleted the wrong one in game. XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Thank you my fellow simmers for your lovely comments about my gardening problems.
    My Plantsims does have level 10 in Gardening, Herbalism & Flower Arranging skills. I don't use the gardening home trait on my plantsims lot so that it won't interfer with the gardening. Also, I've noticed after a few sims weeks, some of her plants finally turned from Excellent to Magnificent so hopefully a few more sims weeks she will finally have her perfect plants, maybe. Also, I did a full repair in Origin for my Sims 4 considering there's been so much updates, express delivery & patches lately. So, I guess the gardening just takes a long, long time. Also, all my sims outdoor gardening is actually sheltered. I always make an extremely high in the sky big round clear roof by using the 4 levels up & the arrows all the way up. I call it a big cloud.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    @Serverfra, yes, evolving plants takes for ever if you don't use any of the shortcuts from various game packs to do it. One of my households started gardening when the sims where brand new young adults and the last of their plants to finally evolve to "perfect" didn't happen until they were almost elders.

Fertilizing with good fertilizer obviously is a big help, as is having bee boxes. Both of those will keep plants growing and evolving more quickly.

You mention you have all your plants sheltered, but perhaps one thing you didn't know is that sheltered plants actually grow slower than outdoor plants. So if you want to speed the process up, you should move plants to unsheltered-outside locations when they are in season. If a plant says it is "sheltered" it is NOT considered outside, regardless of how it might look. As far as the game code is concerned, 'sheltered' means it's growing inside.

Shortcuts to getting the plants to perfect would be using golden chickens from cottage living, or drinking golden milk, or eating a golden egg meal. All of those can take a plant straight to perfect instantly. There's also the the Sulani Mana Trait, aka an Island Elemental Occult, if you have Island Living, as @Metior_Ice mentioned above.
  • Options
    wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Well, my newlyweds lost all of their sentiments after yesterday's Origin and Game update. Instead of being upset, I decided to have them make brand new ones together. They're still madly in love with each other.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @sarabeth2984 aaargh the pain of deleting those responses and comments! I have done that more than once. I feel for you. Also I put my freeloader sim on the gallery - his name is Josef.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Sorry about not getting to my posts. I didn't want to spam the thread. I expect to have part 2 of my Chaos in Sulani update later today. I've been experiencing a bit of depression and chaos in real life. Life never slows down when you need it to.
  • Options
    Twists of Fate, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik was both excited and a touch scared. He knew how he felt about Kayleigh and she shared her deep feelings for him the other afternoon when they went out on an official date. In fact, they talked a lot throughout the meal. Anything and everything came up from the quality of the meal they were served, to what happened in class. They both agreed the pizza was just okay. But they agreed the Van Haute Meloire was great.
    One thing Erik didn’t bring up was the Question. He was reserving that for Love Day. Cliche, he supposed, but short of hiring a pilot to sky-write it above Willow Creek, he was out of ideas. He wanted it to be a very nice evening for them both. They already shared how much they both wanted several children. They talked about the house Erik wanted to have built. He even showed her the plans he had sketched to give the Architect an idea of what he wanted. Kayleigh had some interesting points she brought up, too. “That’s great, I like that idea. And don’t hold back. I want you to think of this house as yours, too.” Then he caught himself, hoping he hadn’t given away too much.

Erik invited Kayleigh on another date. He was anxious to get a few things clarified. Having Hayleigh continue to insist she was his girlfriend was far from acceptable. He needed someone to intervene in the situation. Talking to Kayleigh was his best choice, but in his heart he knew it wouldn’t be an easy discussion. He liked Hayleigh and still saw her as his friend. He didn’t wish to alienate her, nor Kayleigh. Suffice it to say, his path was tricky and full of thorns. Which made it a tough talk to begin.
    The Old Oak Alcove Pizzeria was a favorite spot to hang-out. Usually brimming with customers, Erik was happy they were seated so quickly.
    OoMnf0F.jpg

“That Sim keeps staring at us,” Kayleigh said.
    “I know, I’m sorry I come with baggage. Probably wants pictures and a possible story. Anything look good to you?”
    “Pizza,” she said. “And you,” she grinned.
    Z3lIR9y.jpg

“Kay-Kay, I have something important to talk to you about. I’m just uncertain of how to broach the subject. And, no, I’m not breaking up with you, please don’t get upset. It’s your sister,” Erik said. “She still thinks she’s my girlfriend and that I’m just trying to hide it.”
    “Oh?”
    “Yeah. I don’t know quite what to do about it, either. I’ve tried being very direct not once, but twice. I was hoping, maybe, you could set her straight on this? I really don’t want to cause problems between you. She’s your sister.”
    “Yes, Hayleigh is the Problem Child in the family.”
    N4whoLM.jpg

“I’m afraid she’ll manage, somehow, to come between us. Else I wouldn’t be bringing this up.”
    ID33URI.jpg

“I see,” Kayleigh said.
    2QUfp6d.jpg

“No, I don’t think you do see,” Erik came close to ranting.
    nmJ1DsF.jpg

“She’s got to stop torpedoing us like this. Bad enough I have a Stan claiming she’s going steady with me. I don’t need your sister making vague claims, too. I have a reputation to uphold —”
    WMHsxHh.jpg

“She’s staring at us, please calm down.”
    fFhpbuJ.jpg

A moment later the same Sim came over to their table. “What can I get for you two, today?”
    1mgrSdG.jpg

Erik found himself wondering if they got their order so quickly so that the two would finish and leave?
    “Dear Lord, thank you for this meal and help us find a resolution to this problem. Amen.”
    gPa5x9w.jpg

Erik walked Kayleigh to her front door. “I love you so much,” he said.
    “I love you, too. I’ll talk to my sister, I promise.”
    “Do you smell that?” Erik said. “Like something is on fire?
    T5T3ZWM.jpg

Erik ran through the house and out into the backyard, grabbing the fire-extinguisher on his way. Captain Drake was out back. The barbecue was engulfed in flames. Erik sprang into action hitting the flame with the fire 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at the root of it. “Captain Drake, you okay?”
    QYllJlH.jpg
    “I am now, thank you, son.”

School was winding down for the year, to Erik’s intense relief. One day he invited Hayleigh to come over. Although he still wasn’t sure if he could fully trust her to keep his secret, he did want to get her opinion on the rock. He was determined to have a good relationship with each of Kayleigh’s sisters without all of the drama Hayleigh seemed to crave. He was at least willing to try. For the first few moments, it was touch and go. Hayleigh was angry for reasons beyond his understanding. The two were acting so silly and awkward.
    “Humph,” she growled. She stood there in the foyer almost daring him to say anything.
    qguoD1x.jpg

“Are you going to keep this up for the entire afternoon? Can we maybe call a truce? For one hour. Maybe less?”
    Hayleigh just continued to grumble in response.
    US2toOf.jpg

“Okay, have it your way, but I did want to enlist your help with something. Wanted to include you in something big.”
    LWdfC08.jpg

Sighing heavily, Hayleigh finally relented. Erik smiled and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. “Take a look at these, if you would. Tell me which one you think she’ll like.”
    f8nDHZU.jpg

“Oh, they’re all so beautiful, it’s hard to choose,” Hayleigh said. She bent over to have a better look. “I know what you’re doing — and I promise to act surprised.”
    7uDcA6U.jpg

“Here’s the one I like the best. Tell me what you think.”
    “I think you have exquisite taste. I love it.”
    “Do you think Kayleigh will love it?”
    “Yeah, that’s the one.”
    SW0CR8Z.jpg

“No hard feelings?” Erik gazed at her eyes, trying to get a read on her.
    Hayleigh sighed again. “After the family meeting and the chat I had with Father James, I have to say I’m letting you go. I like you— a lot. But I just don’t see a future between us. I do hope I’m letting you down easy enough.” She said. “Friends?”
    “Friends. And thank you. Oh, and one more thing, keep this under your hat, please. I want her to be surprised.”

Once again Erik arrived at the Starlight Accolades. For those attending it was a somber moment. Erik came in quietly and took his seat. When he was named the winner, he stepped up to the microphone.
    Clearing his voice he began, “Last week we all wondered why our dear friend, Dirk Dreamer, failed to arrive. Much later it was announced, sadly, that in fixing himself some cereal, the bowl burst into flames. I hope you’ll all join me in a moment of silence to honor his memory.”
    P1k4Xis.jpg

hw9EvxG.jpg

“Thank you. I would like to thank those in the Academy for the nomination and the votes that were cast in my direction. For my family, my Fans, my record label. For all who have helped me to achieve this transitory thing called fame.”
    fmYqqVV.jpg

“I’m graduating from high school next week and will be going on to University. Thank you for all of your support.”
    Bd4dhfb.jpg

“Stay safe, I love you all, Good night!”
    InXC8Vk.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top