Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I took this male sim, Pedro, who I created for my vanilla save file and had him reunite with Zoe Patel in my main save file.

In the vanilla save both of them are young adults. Pedro was trying to run a restaurant, but with Dine Out acting super glitchy I stopped playing with restaurants (at least vanilla wise).
    lmyISFX.png

In my main save both of them are now adults, so I'm playing it as many years have gone by since they last saw each other in person. Pedro is currently a NPC who I've seen working as a waiter in a restaurant within Oasis Springs. I wanted him and Zoe to meet organically while he was on shift one day. Funnily enough, every time I sent Zoe to the restaurant he was conveniently not working that day! :expressionless: I was gonna give up on that storytelling aspect until noticed him as a frequent walkby in OS. Now I use this mod that keeps sims to a world, so I played it as him living somewhere in OS and knowing he and Zoe would run into each other eventually.

And that day finally came! Zoe currently lives as a roomie with Summer Tanning (née Holiday) and her family. Summer tipped Zoe with information of an old friend seen in their neighbourhood.
    qRa3gvo.png

Zoe immediately ran out to see who.
    4eufeTI.png

And there he was, after all these years. Zoe couldn't believe it.
    OEmSps1.png
    hIq1Otp.png
    ncScfxQ.png

In my vanilla save I was planning on getting them together until they lost touch aka I stopped playing. Now they can pick up where they left off. And really, it didn't take long for Pedro to start laying on the moves autonomously.
    gouA6Tz.png
    4SqkT1D.png

I'm excited for the future of their relationship.
    HFvJnGh.png
    eYpnLd6.png
    2xrVDmj.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    A couple of quick OOC notes:

I mentioned I'm raising some sims up for a new generation of adults with the successful childhood traits (Top-Notch Toddler for the youngest of them, the four childhood skill-boost traits, Scouting Aptitude, and the benefit of picking a Knowledge aspiration first when aging up to a teen, the career boost that comes from being a high school A student, and probably Savant as well just because those 4,000 reward points won't spend themselves.) The kids will also get the Responsible, Good Manners, and Emotional Control traits because they're (a) easy to get and (b) ludicrously powerful. I don't particularly care about the Compassionate or Mediator traits so I'm just not going to bother with them.

Hugh O'Riordan is the first of them in this little series. He just hit Young Adult after ticking off all the boxes in just 22 sim days—I'm just now using the Potion of Youth on his mom Eliza to reset her to the start of YA herself in preparation for some future story she'll be involved in. (spoiler: She's getting a happy ending. Somehow something Hugh did as a toddler gave her the "Hurt Feelings" sentiment, and she was an awful emotional wreck—one I played for laughs in this thread, sure, but still a mess—through Hugh's whole childhood right up to his teen years. She deserves better and she'll get it.)

Anyway, who's next? One of the most endearing premade kids in the game, that's who!

Yep...it's Olive Tinker Time! I haven't the beginning of a clue what kind of story I want to tell for her when she's grown up, but she's so dang adorable that she's getting something for a grand tale. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited December 2021
    qc89OU2.png
    Got Angelina and Cid married, it feels like it's been such a long time, even though using speed three and "rewarding" your sims with the make happy cheat you can kind of speed uni you can get invested if you're like me ha. As the story goes she chose the cake, strawberry, he was in charge of the venue and picked this place to say he was delighted to see she had dressed like this for him is an understatement couldn't take his eyes off her...I know I monitor my sims closely for nice expressions for pics.
    KQNANcA.png
    After cake he let her dance with her somewhat dearest friend from uni he was getting worked up over some unknown people, mostly the staff he's very particular he knows all the guests after all.

I feel bad he was supposed to be with another friend but when cleaning out unnecessaries I seem to have deleted his would-be boyfriend....so yeah might pair him with their other friend, a girl but she's not insane like the other option.
    BwExEoT.png
    APh7XXV.png
    I could have cheated their needs but I couldn't pass up the chance for silly photos...A couple that stinks together...wait no lol.

Cid did his best but no one really seemed to notice.
    sKM1qBa.png
    After I fixed their needs they were glad to get home but I suspect they were happy I'll allow them a week or so before they try for babies.

Lucky them.
    0RSB6yE.png
    A bonus pic from before they left that I'm using in another thread, they are just darling.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

These two Sulani friends, Lilliana Kealoha and Mele Kahananui, got pregnant at the same time. Lilliana gave birth to a boy named Koa who is an adorable toddler. Nani had a birthday and grew up to be a creative child. And Duane Talla was adopted (with a CAS edit) and is now officially part of the Kealoha family. Lilliana is going to get pregnant again because I want her to have another toddler daughter.

Mele is still expecting her first child. I usually only give babies to young adults and leave the childless adults alone, assuming that maybe they tried as young adults and couldn't have a baby or just didn't want one. However Sulani needs some more toddlers making sandcastles on the beach and playing in the water it's the cutest thing so I decided Mele got some pretend fertility treatment and is hopefully pregnant with twins.

dHsrxjD.png?1

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2022
    Misdirection, Disinformation or Just Plain Fake News AKA The WEEKEND part two

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner: Legacy and Stories thread. The Checkered Life of Erik Cantrell.

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Misdirection, Disinformation or Just Plain Fake News AKA The WEEKEND part three

Moved by the author to the Creative Corner thread, Legacies and Stories, thread: The Checkered Life of Erik Cantrell.

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Olive Tinker aged up to a teen and...oh. Oh my. The awkward-but-cute kid sure does clean up nicely...
    k8xFaUx.png

And that's with minimal editing in CAS, most of it involving rounding the jank out of her jaw and cheekbones so she looks more like an actual woman and less like a blind dim bulb AI playing with a Mr. Potato Head doll.

Speaking of the Tinker family, I swapped out Tina Wong's (the former Tina Tinker—she and Yasemin had...some issues...) hair so she's got her "sleep" hairstyle in all situations. I think the long straight hair goes better with her East Asian (as my chosen "new" name for her indicates, I think she looks Han/Mandarin Chinese primarily, but YMMV)

YgRGJ6k.png

Story-wise, Olive's well on her way to a spot in the Next Generation adult pool...she's just got to violin her way up to enough Emotional Control and earn that A in high school and she's done.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Morgyn was having a day that seemed more appropriate for Rowan the cursed. Pro tip, Morgyn. Lightening don't care if you are a powerful Spellcaster. Talking to plants in a thunderstorm is tempting fate.
    3CEgoDp.png

The whole thing made Patchy uncomfortable, but he tried to console Morgyn with a hug. Morgyn wasn't having it. Can't say I blame him.
    x8wOHZk.png

A bath didn't help much.
    r5u9yKi.png

The Zombie movie was dumb...
    7094QPp.png

The TV borked and he tempted fate again.
    An67Nvd.png

He played an online game with Guidry. He lost.
    kmeojjL.png

He finally talked his problems out with a mosquito plant.
    liMDM8K.png

And went to bed to sleep it off. Better luck tomorrow, little sim.
    i5KJsOz.png

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2021
    You know how I tend to get the urge to restart my Cole legacy? This time I've gotten into a better rhythm. Here is what changed:
    I'm not playing as my original founders, Ryan and Katherine, but I actually gave Ryan a new name. Andrew. He's close to becoming an adult and his wife, Elizabeth*, is five days(or 'years') younger than him. They have a son named Cyrus and I'll be having them try for a second child when Cyrus is close to becoming a child.

*Elizabeth is a new edit of another former OG Cole legacy sim, Alison Foster. Now she's Elizabeth Farnsworth-Cole.

Andrew Cole
    51740499751_2219040ef0_h.jpg

Elizabeth Cole
    51739675972_0216562501_h.jpg

Cyrus Cole - He kind of reminds me of my old legacy's Benjamin Cole, but with darker skin and lighter hair <3
    51740499301_1f61d67e98_h.jpg

The family - Mom made Cyrus's hat <3
    51741385165_edefca51bd_h.jpg

ETA: I've also been playing a Long lifespan so I started this particular family two weeks ago.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Olive didn't quite know what to do with herself after she moved out of her mom's house. The family wasn't rich, but they could spare 1600 simoleons—enough for the deposit and one week's rent on the Pinecrest Apartments two-bed a few doors down in Conifer Station. Olive wouldn't be far from home, but 600 simoleons, and she'd have to pay rent in three days? That place was completely empty—didn't even have a toilet, much less anything else one would need to make a home. It was just empty space.

So Olive did what any sensible sim would do. She bought an easel and got to work. Meanwhile, she landed a job teaching elementary school kids their ABCs and 123s. She was a little incredulous at the offer—"you know I don't have a college degree, right?"—and the interviewer laughed.

"We're so desperate for teachers with the state's budget cuts that we'll hire anyone who shows up to the interview without a syringe hanging out of their arm and a beer in their hand. Why do you think it's only paying 38 simoleons an hour?"

"Point taken, I...guess...anyway, I start Monday, right?"

"Yep, enjoy your weekend. And...brace yourself. These kids are bright the way trying to light Madison Square Garden with a single kid's night light is 'bright'. You might want to buy some extra red pens."
    (he/him)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I do a community rotation in my game to check up on MCCC SPs effects on my unplayed sims and noticed that Joaquin Le Chien had moved out of the Bro house and was living a few doors down from Candy Behr. On further examination, I found that they are now romantically involved. I decided to check this out. Oddly enough, when I put them together, Candy seems eager but Joaquin is playing hard to get. And yet, he’s the one who moved. It’ll be interesting to see if Candy wins him over. If not , will he stay in the tiny house he’s in, or move back in with Sergio?
  • Options
    Eliza and Hugh O'Riordan turned on the news. As good SimNation citizens—and good humans—they never missed the news on Thursday nights, when Dan Sculder, director of the SimNation Bureau of Alien Affairs, had his weekly segment updating the public on the continuing battle against the Sixam aliens.

Sculder started his report with alarm. "Our scientists have discovered a new kind of alien living among us. As you all know, blueskins have been a problem since first contact, but our cameras caught an alarming new kind of alien with our Sixam-Filter cameras while the disguised alien known as Sammy de los Santos was being liquidated in Willow Creek last night. And no, it's not the Grim Reaper. That dude is ----ing metal. Repeat, it is the official position of the SimNation government and our rockin' population that Grim. Is. ----ing. Metal.

Ahem, where was I?"

Channel 5 News anchor Majel Bashir snapped Dan back to reality. "Aliens, Dan. New aliens."

"Right. Aliens. As you can see from this photo...
    hd6z6xH.png
    "...there is a green alien. This is a phenotype not encountered before. The Bureau of Alien Affairs has named this new kind of Sixamite the Omicron variant, and residents are advised to regard it as an extremely dangerous threat to the community. Fortunately, our existing safeguards seem to work against it, as our imaging cameras successfully identified the alien. But be on the lookout. And pick up Grim's new album, seriously, that guy's awesome as long as he's not coming for you to inspire his next single."
    (he/him)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    This will be a bit of a summary of two play throughs, that were somewhat spread out.
    I downloaded a version of Inu Yasha, and his dad and brother. After giving them a bit of a makeover, I moved them into one of my save files. They didn't have enough money, so I bought them a tent, a grill, and a cooler. As well as a sink, and a shower/bathtub. The tent was from Journey to Batuu, and was fairly large.
    Inu Yasha loved being outdoors, and had no issues taking showers, and doing his business in front of people. His dad didn't really care either way, but Sesshomaru hated where they lived with a passion. He mostly stayed in the tent, and only left to use the shower and bathroom at night. While playing them, I realized that they already had jobs, and Inu Yasha's dad was part of the detective career. I followed him to work, and he had fairly successful days. Inu Yasha and Sesshomaru went to school, and Inu Yasha had work, while his brother had off. The next day when Inu Yasha was off, hiw brother went to his job. Once they have enough money, I plan to but them rooms to live in, or a small furnished house.
    Yesterday, I recreated my current Sims 2 Sims for Sims 4. I had my Tiger family, Wolf family, and my Leopard family already living there. Who have been on here before. In my previous playthrough, I moved a Sim from my gallery named Elsa Wolf into an apartment, and moved Apollo Wolf, and Kisa Tiger in with her. My plan is to have them go steady as teens, and marry them when they get older. I wanted to get the in a good relationship to make it easier, and free their houses so that their parents could have more kids.
    First Sim to be brought back again was Rosie Crystal, in my Sims 2 she preferred girls, and in this game I took her onto the same path. She oved into a haunted apartment, and her first night there, she went out to the free drinks and food events. She flirted with one of the mages, and was successful. Once the mage left, she tried to flirt with Bella Goth, which did not go well, but Rosie didn't dwell on it long, and flirted some more with other females. She also met Erna Gale, and Violet and Bradley Blade.
    Erna Gale is an orphaned teen from my Sims 2, I used a cheat to get rid of her mother, and to give her a scholarship for being an orphan, and wanted to have a teen household. With Sims 4, I made her into a spell caster, and moved her into the apartment next to Rosie Crystal. Erna introduced herself to Rosie, until going to the magic realm, where she met Kiba Tiger, and Kisa Tiger. She flirted with Kiba, and talked about animals. Kiba, another animal lover, was receptive to her advances. She challenged Kiba to a friendly duel, which she lost.They exchanged numbers, before they parted ways. Erna went to the free food and drinks as well, where she met Violet and Bradley Blade. When she went home, she finished her homework, and tried to cook. She set herself and the stove on fire, but was thankfully able to put herself and the stove out. However, the rest of the night she was tense from the fire.
    Next family was the normal Blade family, Violet, Bradley, and their daughters Elizabeth and Emily. Elizabeth and Emily did their homework, and Bradley helped them with their homework. Afterwards, Violet and Bradley left for some private time, while their daughters had dinner in the kitchen. Violet was going to have a baby, and to celebrate, Bradley and Violet went out for free food and drinks, where they met Rosie, and Erna.
    The Witch family and the Wizard family moved in next. The two families were spell casters as well. The Witch family were made up of wives PrimRose and Daisy. They have a biological son James. PrimRose used magic to help her and Daisy to have a child, however, their first attempt ended up in failure. They moved into Evergreen Harbor, and they are neighbors to the Wizard family. The Wizard family are made up of two husbands, Fred and Samuel, along with their biological daughter April. Fred used magic in able to have a child. Neither Samuel nor Fred are ready to have another child, but they plan to soon. They met Daisy Witch when they were moving in. They all hit it off right away.
  • Options
    Such a busy weekend simming...I don't wanna go to work tomorrow! Anyway...

Just a little teaser for the next raise-up-a-kid story. Longtime readers will recognize this particular culinary sweetheart who is, for reasons of pure marking time until carrot season in four days, working on her great big rocketship for the Nerd Brain points.
    DTOQgGl.png

That's right...Super Dave Lembeck and Jessie Charbonneau are getting ready to have their second child. It's Summer 25 in-world, and the carrots gently sleep beneath the dirt in the garden planter waiting for their time to emerge and do their Y-chromosomal magic...that's my planned project for next weekend. Or maybe a bit of winding-down time after work and before bed...
    (he/him)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    After yesterday's lightning strike misery, Morgyn had a full social calendar and a much better day. He intended to go to the flea market, but wound up at the karaoke bar, as usual. It was 11 AM and no one else was there. He didn't care.
    2JiSAJu.png

After he got home a friend invited him to the nightclub. It was a popular night, with a Who's Who of Simdom in attendance. Wait... Who is that laying down some tasty jazz riffs on the piano?
    K9lzrk0.png

Bella seemed intrigued by the performers. Mortimer was deep in conversation. And Bob seemed tense.
    438vz76.png

Vlad must have recognized Morgyn, because he came over to chat. No one noticed that Nick Alto was standing by Mortimer enjoying the comedian.
    ofgy0eY.png

After spending the night at the club, Morgyn went with Guidry to the Humor and Hijinks festival. Right off the bat, Guidry was having his best time. Geoffrey seemed to be enjoying it, as well. The vendor was less impressed.
    gw6Y1Pz.png

Guidry made a flirty comment to the young lady which elicited a very strong response. Much too strong for our ghostly player, so he had to let her down, quickly.
    G7jGV9b.png

A thunderstorm broke up the party, so the two friends spent the rest of the evening having a nice chat at Guidry's house.
    ckqneza.png
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Options
    @ACruelButLovingGod This line: carrots gently sleep beneath the dirt was fantastic. Great description. :)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sent my newest farmer to the Finchwick fair with his cow (both depicted in the screenshot below), and he won third place, which sounds cool... except there was only one other cow in the contest besides his own. The mayor must have been seriously unimpressed with my cow. :D Poor Claire...

eheleutebeiderarbeitthjef.jpg
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish I hear the mayor is on the take.
  • Options
    Jessie and Super Dave sat on the couch, watching the Beavers take on the Hot Corners and cheering on "The Beast of Busan" Jeremy Lee as he homered in the bottom of the fourth to put the Beavers up 3-1.

As the game moved toward the late innings, the conversation turned away from baseball and toward Jessie's comically oversized belly, which resembled the ball from quite a different sport as her pregnancy entered its third trimester.

Super Dave, at that moment, was struck by a bit of inspiration as he realized...

"You know that kid of ours is going to hit toddlerhood just in time for Skill Day. I've been reading this parenting book, Dr. Benjamin Nimoy's latest, and there was a case study in there from Markovgorod about a kid whose accelerated neural pathway formation from the same thing happening when she was a toddler led to her almost instantly aging up to an older child."

Jessie was in equal measure impressed and horrified. "Wait, you mean she actually physically grew up from getting smarter?"

"Craziest thing, isn't it? But here's the other thing. She also got something like 16 skill certifications before she went to college. Like, you know Jonathan's a smart kid, but this Markov lady—Alina, I think her name is, lives in Henford-on-Bagley now—runs circles even around him."

"Wow. That's bananas. Oh well, if our kid grows up too fast, we'll just have to have another one..."

Super Dave laughed...but it wasn't a hearty belly laugh so much as a "by the Watcher, she's serious..." sort of half-chuckle. "One at a time, OK?"

Jessie, meanwhile, showed no restraint in her laughter. "We'll see if it's 'one at a time' any day now..."

Their attention turned back to the ballgame. Lee was up to bat again and the bases were loaded...
    (he/him)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I made Ariel the mermaid and added her to Sulani and she's been cleaning up the beach and practicing her singing.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited December 2021
    Stanley Schultz started a new semester in the Britechester University going to class looking happy. :)
    n8rsdsA.png

After class he invited his girlfriend Maya to the Spice festival in San Myshuno. It was autumn but the weather was cold and he put his new winter outfit on. It was maybe a bit too much, but Stanley couldn't wait to try his new clothes. :blush:
    D3klAgf.png

His favorite musician Thorne Bailey was playing in there and Stanley was a complete fanboy when he got to meet him. Thorne gave Stanley an autograph and even agreed to pose on a photo with him. :smiley:
    OG3sdxd.png
    uNSZaPx.png
    tJikmr8.png

Stanley noticed suddenly that Maya had left and he was unsure if it was his fault. Maybe he didn't give enough attention to her...
    Anyway, he felt sad and nervous and he needed to calm himself down with playing. He always carries his favorite toy with him, so he can play whenever he feels too nervous.
    W481nDz.png

When he went home to the dorm he tried on the new t-shirt he bought from the festival. He thought it looked quite cool. He wanted to show it to Maya but it was too late to invite her over.
    m3CP9yK.png
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited December 2021
    Just a minor 'arg!'. I started with Vlad and a townie he married called Nawai. They had 3 kids, Dawn, Emmalyn and Sarai. Dawn and Emmalyn look just like Dad, but Sarai looks fairly normal. I went with Dawn as the heir. Emmalyn married Tane Ngata and they've had a daughter called Addison Ngata (child). Sarai married Jules Rico and had a son called Dominick Rico (child). Dawn married Alexander Goth and they've had 4 kids. Osvaldo Goth (child), Maci Goth(toddler) and today's 'surprise' twins (Arg) Nia and Shawn Goth (still babies). No idea who will be the next heir, but as far as I can see, Dominick Rico has escaped the last of Vlad's genes.

I hate sims having multiples. They won't stop crying!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Stanley is adorable @Kimmer

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Stanley is adorable @Kimmer
    Thanks. I think so too. o:)
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    My sim Autumn (green hair) just hit the top of her career as a civil designer, so now I feel like I'm killing time waiting for her daughter to age up and move out. In the mean time, I sent the family off to Granite Falls for a weekend away to celebrate Spoopy Day and Bonfire Night. The had plenty of family togetherness.

AsIJug4.png

mEvJA8Y.png

Everyone made pumpkins, which will come home and become part of the mega family inheritance.

ssbdE0P.png

Erik couldn't stop playing with the closet.

8IrDuCT.png

Terra (oldest daughter) is an evil sim, but she managed to reign it in and only engaged in some light teasing of her siblings. Not shown, they gave it back as good as they got.

7s0MoDO.png

Bonfire Night was celebrated in the traditional way, with a weenie roast and storytelling.

rSwkkQU.png

Followed by what else, fireworks? These are my favorite thing to add to every holiday. Autumn and Stiles are such sweethearts - they kept acting like they were on their honeymoon even surrounded by the kids.

TExYnT9.png

p3VNnQA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top