Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

8/31/21 - Launcher, Sims Site Issues. [Resolved]

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DJSparklesDJSparkles Posts: 203 Member
    edited September 2021
    @EA_Cade I'm actually on a different connection at the moment than I usually use. It's been happening on both. Let me try the hotspot option and see what happens, I'll report back.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    As @lisasc360 mentioned, when this happens, Internet Explorer, no matter what browser you use, must be cleared. The privacy settings must be reset and the box to clear all personal settings must be checked.
    bring up Internet Explorer.
    Click on the tools icon (3d from left, 2d from right)
    Choose "Internet Options"
    Click on the Advanced tab (last tab on the very right)
    Click on RESET
    A pop-up box then has a box in it to check - Delete Personal Settings
    Then click on the RESET

This will reset Internet Explorer and should then let you log in.
    Whenever you have this problem with the launcher and logging in, do this.
  • Options
    @EA_Cade I tried the hotspot and that didn't work, either.

I have cleared my IE data repeatedly, I have done everything as requested. I'm at my wits end here. When I try to sign it, it just bounces me back to the log in screen immediately.

Any more suggestions?
  • Options
    MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    Mine does what DjSparkles does. It's a loop .You log in ,press enter ,it looks like it will log in but instead it pops up the log in screen again.
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    DJSparkles wrote: »
    @EA_Cade I tried the hotspot and that didn't work, either.

I have cleared my IE data repeatedly, I have done everything as requested. I'm at my wits end here. When I try to sign it, it just bounces me back to the log in screen immediately.

Any more suggestions?

Hmm, at this point I would recommend reaching out to support here so they can take a look into this for you.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Thank you. I'll go there now. Sorry for the late response, I've been working a lot and couldn't play LOL
  • Options
    littlelamblittlelamb Posts: 4 New Member
    My problem is the downloads from the store, installed via the launcher, not staying in my game. Today l downloaded Sunlit Tides and even though the launcher states that it is installed, it is not showing in the World list when choosing a new game

All of the clothing, furnishings etc, that I had installed are gone. This keeps happening but each time I close the game at night and restart it the following morning To have the items in my game I have to keep reinstalling the each time prior to starting the game.

I have had this problem for over six months and no one had given me a solution to the problem. Nothing that anyone has suggested so far has worked.

Please can of the tech people give me a solution that works permanently
  • Options
    fairywoongsfairywoongs Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm in a desperate need for help :/ ! I last played the sims 3 on my brothers pc and it ran fine, I got this new laptop and decided to download the game onto it too. I downloaded it through Origin (since this laptop doesn't have a cd port) but when I clicked Play nothing happened. Nothing! I only have one EP with the base game installed but I just can't launch it no matter what I try to do. I've genuinely tried every possible way of tweaking things but nothing seems to work. The laptop I have is compatible and it's brand new so storage is defiantly not the issue here. I'm really frustrated and want to make it work because I really enjoyed playing this game and it would be a real shame. I just really hope someone can help me, I'd be really grateful !! (hope this is the right place for me to write this cause I'm real confused about how to work this forum lmao)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm in a desperate need for help :/ ! I last played the sims 3 on my brothers pc and it ran fine, I got this new laptop and decided to download the game onto it too. I downloaded it through Origin (since this laptop doesn't have a cd port) but when I clicked Play nothing happened. Nothing! I only have one EP with the base game installed but I just can't launch it no matter what I try to do. I've genuinely tried every possible way of tweaking things but nothing seems to work. The laptop I have is compatible and it's brand new so storage is defiantly not the issue here. I'm really frustrated and want to make it work because I really enjoyed playing this game and it would be a real shame. I just really hope someone can help me, I'd be really grateful !! (hope this is the right place for me to write this cause I'm real confused about how to work this forum lmao)

@fairywoongs, you're best bet would be to post this over in this thread created for new members as it's more active... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top